It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I'm still playin round 'ere!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yay!!!!!!!! I get lonely when I'm up this late, er...early morning. How ya doing?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Just fine. Machining a block that's as hard as a rock. Making for a very long night ><

How are you ma'dere?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Matching a block of what? Cheese? LOL I'm ok tonight/morning.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Steel. Very very hard steel. It's almost 40% harder than it should be, which in turn makes my job difficult. No pun intended.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Are you at work? What time is it for you over there? It's 3:21 AM here.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Same here. Yep I'm workin.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Hope you get the block thing fixed. Getting sleepy, leaving soon. In case I disappear and am too tired to say good night. I love talking to you kiddo!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Gnite Leaper!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That is one amazing encounter young man. I am happy you weren't alone.
I often feel very small and vulnerable in nature, that is perhaps the appeal to me. We deem ourselves "kings" but we are so tiny.
Some hide away and out of fear never allow them selves the opportunity to challenge their own self imposed grandeur.
You I applaud. But please bring bear spray with you.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

WOW! Dave - uhm.... what can I say?
I think I'd have wet myself!!!!

I'm lucky that there aren't any beasties that could eat me around here apart from our dreaded midgies!!
Although I did see what appeared to be a large tan puma-like cat on 2 occasions... years (but only a few miles) apart.
Your brain just freezes and goes... "Whaaat?" and I wasn't anywhere near as close as you were!

Scary stuff, thanks for sharing!
G

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!!! We have made it halfway through the work week! WOOHOO!!!

Well today I go and sign up for my classes! I have officially decided to go back to school (would be much better if I still got the perks and didn’t have to work). Hmmm, nap time, recess, winter break…..LOL. BUT instead I will be working full time while also going back to school full time.

Thank you for sharing!!! Wow, that must have been a bit unsettling!!!! Although I bet seeing the cat must have been so amazing! I LOVE CATS!!!!! Big cats, little cats, gray cats, white cats, fluffy cats, etc hahaha BUT I don’t want to meet one that wants me for lunch!

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Your latest story entry was awesome as always!!!! Not too much at all, just perfect!

I’m going to have to make an appointment for the nightshift, it has been quite some time since hanging out here in the evenings. Oh, sending you a pm……

So what exactly do you do for a living? It must be very neat to work with steel!

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: WalkInSilence
a reply to: SyxPak
Hello to everyone that I missed!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hey guys.

I was pretty ill, now I'm getting better. Hope you guys had better days than I did...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
So sorry that you have been feeling ill! Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Glad you're on the mend, swanne!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey guys just stopping by to say what's up.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: King Seesar

Yo King! What's up, your Highness?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Page 5 (Shed 12) - The First Round (includes a link to all previous episodes)
Page 28 - Scars
Page 53 - Sparring
Page 56 - Blood

Today's episode: Char

Captain Wesaden cleared his throat. “You see there, Lord Captain?”

Gaalen looked where he pointed. The flesh was black closest to the kir, then it faded to gray. It looked like charred steak. Gaalen swallowed hard.

“I see it. Bloody Abyss,” he swore, and Wesaden nodded in agreement.

“Joen!” Gaalen called.

“Yes, Lord Captain?” Joen said unsteadily.

“Go get me Sir Grond.”

“Yes, Lord Captain!” He sped off.

Wesaden nodded. “Grond’s a good idea. He’ll have some idea where to start, I’ve no doubt. Got a good head on his shoulders, that one.”

Gaalen grunted his assent. None of it fit. Why kill an under-valet? In the palace? Who could get into the palace, take a man’s skin off and splatter blood everywhere, then get out without being seen and without leaving footprints? With this much blood, the woman who did this – it had to be a woman, no man could make a kir do anything, much less burn hot enough to char the man’s chest – would have been soaked in blood herself. But there was nothing – no prints outside the door, no witnesses. No one even heard anything. The lack of prints made no sense – the blood was all over the wooden floor, there was nowhere to step to avoid it.

Gaalen shook his head. This would strike terror in the city. The attacks by aiyuun and gelm were bad enough, but a woman on the loose who could torture and murder any man in the realm? And neither the Royal Guard or the Bastion had any idea where to start.

Gaalen made his way gingerly to the man’s chest of belongings and began looking at the personal items. Nothing stood out. Belts, boots, stockings, smallclothes…he noticed a small bulge in the pocket of a hanging coat. Reaching in, he pulled out a small, leather-bound book, tied with a leather thong.

“Lord Braeghe...” Wesaden said. Gaalen looked over to him, and the Captain held up a strip of the man’s nightshirt.

Gaalen looked closer at it, then looked around. Some of the strips were not from his nightshirt, they were skin. The hair on the back of Gaalen’s neck stood up.

“I must go, Wesaden. When Grond comes tell him to find me at mess.”

“Yes, my Lord.”

Gaalen left the servants’ wing and headed toward the palace library.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
WIS, Hello! How are you Honey?

Gordi,Hello Sir Gordi of the Shedlands! I keep thinking about the Christmas project that you and Tom are working on. Very excited to see this!!

Jess,I'm proud of you for working and going to school. Looks like you will be quite busy and tired. It would be lovely to see you on the night shift in here. If I get too lonely, I end up bombarding the shed with music or stories. LOL

John,I'm sorry to hear you were so sick, but glad you are feeling better now! Being sick sucks!

Hello King! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a good day!

Shep, great story entry! Things are getting really interesting and I'm on the edge of my seat!

To everyone, hello and have a great day!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Shep, great story entry! Things are getting really interesting and I'm on the edge of my seat!

Woohoo!! [Shep does a little happy dance]

Thanks for the kind words, Night!. Stay tuned - one of my favorite parts coming up in the next scene. It's long though, so it will take several posts to get through it.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join