It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Continued from The Shed 11

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Welcome to The Shed 12 where magical beings roam and woodland colors come alive, where tales are told, friendships are made and lives are shared. This is a combination chit chat/story telling thread. You can come here and share your daily life with us or perhaps start a story and continue it for as long as you'd like. No special invitations are needed, anyone can join in. There is always someone around to answer any questions you may have. Please don't be shy. Love you all!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wow you guys are really on the roll.... I have been so busy supporting a very clever Lady and travel with her, ergo, no time to ponder The Shed, and read ATS headlines only!

Night Star - you and other ladies of ATS I owe a huge thank you, the ladies, I hope may read this and thanks to them as well. There were many PM's when I was rebuilding my life after the end of a 27 year marriage. Her choice after surviving cancer. I enjoy reading Strong Clever Ladies posts and very blessed to have found one for myself.... My thanks because of the isolation of where I was living the clever ladies have moved away for jobs and I had learned my lesson and knew I now needed one. The suggestions were to look afar. I pondered that thought and came to the conclusion either move back to California or seek outside of Devon! I now live in two locations 243 miles apart and today flying to Poland so that my Lady can give a speech of support to graduating Ladies (Phds) biologist about women role in the board room!

Remember behind every great Lady there is a mediocre man. I full fill that role well LOL....

I have a dream of one day being able to go through the Shed all volumes and do some writing! If I suggested how many trips and locations since last December it would appear either bragging or "Posing"! I was accused of being one in an ATS thread by a (IMHO) valued contributor of being a Poser cause I spelled Honorable Discharge with a "u" LOL.... having lived in the UK now 32 years I do spell differently. I blanked out my name and SSAN and PMed him one of my HD's n decoration for valour! LOL

So congratulations and jolly good show!

To my friends thank you for being there went I needed faith!

With the warmest and kindest Regards

Ice

edit on 10/26/2016 by IceHappy because: cause I have no grammar my education started at Justin High School in Napa Ca in the 9th grade!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
"Bloody Packing AGAIN!.... Bloody Moving AGAIN!!"
Big G swung open the big oak door and plonked his sturdy backpack down in it's usual spot behind the kitchen door of the Shed, packed full of all his cares and worries... he could leave it right there (with a big space for any others right beside it...) and pick it back up later if he felt like it, but for now his mind was on other things....

"Right, whaurs the bloomin coffee pot got tae?"

He quickly gave the kitchen the once over before setting the log fire, firing up the stove, and placing a rather huge bottle of his favourite Whisky and several empty glasses on the big wooden table-top ready to greet his friends as they arrived...

"Ah'll jist sit doon for a wee 5 minute nap afore they come.."

...and with that, the big fella drifted off to sleep in front of the (by now roaring) log fire...

Thanks 'Raine!

And HELLO ICE!!! (Help yersel' tae a wee dram!)

BigG
edit on 26-10-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: fix stuff

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well I unloaded the truck.

(I just moved in real life and now I have to move in fantasy.
)

The donuts are warm and ready.

Have some coffee. Sit back and enjoy the new Shed.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I got my bags packed just in time!!!
It seems that the portals have opened and lead us to another beautiful Shed!!!

I managed to grab some coffee and breakfast just before the portal sealed shut!

Good morning everyone!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have another chapter to the story of Errollorre and Aria to bring to this first day of the new Shed.
This is a transitional chapter.
It sets up the story I've been leading the characters to for the last few chapters.
I think you will enjoy where the story goes in the upcoming chapters.
Meanwhile if anyone wants to know how the story got to this point, my previous chapters can be found here:

The Story of Errollorre and Aria

and now for today's episode.

Chapter 13

Errollorre, Aria and Troll sat under a tree that was on the edge of the grass surrounding The Shed.
It was the wee hours of the morning. They waited for Sheddites to leave or go to sleep for the night.

At last there was stillness as the Sheddities had either gone away or went to sleep.
The trio snuck into the Shed and the pixies showed them to a large room that they could sleep in.

It was only a couple of hours later when they were awakened by a loud voice.
“Alright! Enough sleep! Let’s go before you get caught here!” said the wizard Carl.

Errollorre, Aria and Troll awakened and Errollorre said to the wizard, “Where are we going so early Wizard Carl?”

“We need to go outside into the field near the Shed to create a timestream for you to travel in.
We can’t create one here inside the Shed or who knows when or in front of who you’ll appear. You can’t alter time if you want to get back to where you started.” said the wizard.

Errollorre, Aria and Troll were about to go outside when they saw the wizard stop and lift a board from the floor of the room they were staying in.

“I’ve spent the last few hours making sure the Witch Queen and her minions aren't lurking nearby.” said the wizard.
“I placed these items in this floor many years ago for just this moment.”

The wizard Carl lifted from a hidden compartment in the floor, four incense pots and some incense sticks. The items used for the time travel enchantment.

“How did you know to put these here?” asked Errollorre.
“It’s a long story that you’ll know the answer to before your journey is over.” said the wizard.
“Wait a minute.” said Errollorre. “You said you were going to your home to retrieve those things. And you had them here? Why did you tell us that?”
“Errollorre” said the wizard. “I have reasons for what I do. I’ve been in a situation like yours before. Trust me. You’ll understand me and my ways very soon.”
Aria gave the wizard a knowing smile. Errollorre noticed but didn’t know what to make of it.

They quietly made their way outside and huddled near the woods on the edge of a field surrounding the Shed.
The wizard laid out the four incense pots on the ground.

“North, south, east and west. Twelve, three, six and nine.” said the wizard as he motioned for Errollorre, Aria and Troll to stand in between the incense pots.

“Take this.” said the wizard to Errollorre. "These small bottles contain enchanted oil.
When you move through the time stream each bottle will have a small time enchantment put on it.
If you find yourself in a situation where you are going to be discovered or need to make a quick escape the three of you join hands and break open one of the bottles. It will advance you through time a short distance.”
“How far is a short distance?” asked Aria.
“It could be an hour or a day or a month. I don’t know.” said The wizard. “Just use it to get out of a jam. Also if you get back close to your time, say within a month or so. Just hide somewhere, stay out of sight and wait it out. Then go to Aria’s castle at the time when Errollorre and Troll first entered the time stream.”

“What if we go into the future?” asked Errollore.
“You can’t go to what hasn’t existed for you yet.” said the wizard.
“The future is always changing. You can only experience it as it happens.”

The cloud of incense had become thick and began to spin clockwise around Errollorre, Aria and Troll.
Suddenly a small bird flew from a nearby tree and into the cloud where the trio stood.

Blinded by the smoke and in fear, it flapped wildly and flew into Troll’s face and lodged itself halfway up Troll’s nose.
Troll began to jerk and spin trying to dislodge the bird.
As he spun the smoke began to go counterclockwise.

“Troll stop spinning!” said Aria and Errollorre.
The bird suddenly dislodged from Troll’s nose and flew out of the cloud.

At that moment Errollorre, Aria and Troll disappeared into the time stream.

The wizard Carl stood there looking at the empty space where his friends had been just moments before.
He shook his head, then buried his face in his hands.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Good Morning All, and again Thank You Night for your effort.

I have decided to take up residence in this lovely Gypsy abode. Then I can relax and just pick up the reigns when we move.
No packing or sorting.
Any one need a ride?
Happy New Shed 12

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
LOL It doesn't matter how many times you move hon, I still find you!

You all have to be moving pro's by now!

Good morning everyone! I've got eggs for breakfast. (and lunch, and dinner, and snack......I need to get rid of some eggs!)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Man, I had the weirdest dream. Like I was in a hurry to get somewhere.

Ahhhhhh!! Our new home.

Just a few replies from back in Shed 11.

visitedbythem

Congrates on the new grandbaby. Ya got a new hunting buddy.

Skid

You and the girls come on over. I have a big fenced in yard. They like cats right?

JD

Recipe request.
www.marthawhite.com...

When I make the crust I also add ground pecans.

Martin

I don't know how you do that night shift thing. I tried it once for two days. My sleep was messed up for a week.
Coffee, Coffee, Coffee

Erroll

Is there a way I could watch that whole video. It looks like a belly buster.

Night

I watched one of your castle ghost video's the other nite. I didn't think I would make it through the whole thing, but it was very interesting history. And scary too. Are these your ancestors?

Aboveboard

I am sorry to hear you are having problems. I will be thinking about you today.
We as humans tend to get in our own way. When I have problems I try really hard to be very still and quiet. One step at time.

YA GORDI!!!

Hi Five, Gordi. Love your story.

You never disappoint.

Last nite turned out to be a pleasant evening. We had dinner. The bird turned out juicy and moist.

The lady loves to watch the show, "Below Deck" So we sat in the family room with our desert and watched that, while her husband opted to sit in the kitchen and watch the Cubs choke on the first night of the world series. He had a firm grip on the bottle opener. We drank two bottles of cranberry wine.

Off to do chores.

Back later. Hope everyone has a good day.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I came, I saw, I found the new Shed. Howdy.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
They love cats, especially with ketchup. I'm kidding. They actually had a pet cat. Yes, I got my dogs a pet. They all got along great.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh you are bad. LOL!!!

I actually would like to get my cat a pet. Another cat or a puppy.

Gawds, what we do for our children.

Well, I got my room cleaned, now I am on to the workroom. I have a box that I have been throwing junk in. And if I don't get it out of there, it will be too heavy for me to carry.

See ya'll later.

Just wanted to add this picture. I think it says it all as far as last nites game

edit on 26-10-2016 by crappiekat because: to add a picture of the chokers. LOL!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Syx, I found your coffee cup.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Have fun.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Morning guys and gals!!!!

Guess I need to make myself a new place to crash in here after I get done drinking my glass of tea. Did get to make the best over the weekend and Monday. Managed to get a few photos done up around Hinton and a few other locations while out doing the train watching thing.

Seen passing by the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway's former CW Cabin interlocking. An eastbound coal train glides into Hinton for a crew change for the run up to Clifton Forge, Virginia and beyond. This was the location were a Chesapeake & Ohio 2-6-6-6 Allegheny type steam locomotives boiler exploded back in the early 1950's According to some research done by the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Historical Society, there is still a large piece of the locomotive's front end buried underwater in the New River after being sheared away by the force of the blast.

Seen just after pulling in with the New River Train. Amtrak 822 is seen pulling forward after shoving its train back to clear the crossover at Tool Car to get ready for its 4PM departure out of Hinton on the run back to Huntington.

Seen passing the classic Chesapeake and Ohio depot of the 1940's. An empty coal train rolls along the New River Subdivision through Prince bound for the coal fields of either West Virginia or Kentucky.

Went back up there again this past Monday with the intent of getting one train that I had a heads up on from the night before. Got a heads up on Sunday that the very same Mexican unit was coming back trailing on an empty grain train. So I got a hold of a couple friends of mine and the decision was made to go after this train before it got down around Charleston in darkness. Heading west towards a crew change at Russell, Kentucky for the run north up to Columbus, Ohio. Union Pacific 7456 leads an empty grain train with a "WTF" lash up through Brooks, West Virginia.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey Shedisans - just a quick note to say I'll be back shortly. I was out of town this weekend, Mondays was insane, and yesterday was the funeral for my friend's wife.

BUT, I'm back! I'll read the rest of the Shed 11 that I missed then I'll be back.

Oh, and I pre-emptively wrote a short story for the Halloween Writing Contest that didn't actually materialize, so I was going to post it as its own thread in the Short Story forum. As short stories go it's long - about 3500 words. Anyway, really I'm just saying, "I'll be back soon!"

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Several FLights of Dragons are seen filling the skies...

Flying off towards new grounds...

Heading away from from Cherished Good times...

Towards New Adventures with Old and New Friends...

Where Warm Hearts and Compassion abound...

Syx the Dragon and CC the Flying Unicorn fly mixed with the other Dragons from The Dragons Keep of Shed 11. Syx looks ahead trying to sight the Glimmering cloud that surrounds The Shed. It is a cloud of Souls. All Good, Warm Souls fill and surround the lands of wherever The Shed rests.

Ahead He sees the air shimmering, dancing to the tune of Happiness. The Shed 12 resides in that cloud...

"The Good People of The Shed 12 await Syx!" A large Grey Dragon spoke.

CC smiled at Syx and answered for Her Mate, "No Grey, Those are Great People! None other like them exist!" She said Happily.

"You are right CC! And there is plenty of room for many more to join Us!!" Syx winked in reply to CC...

They all landed in a wide open clearing next to The Shed. As They milled about, some head off towards the new Dragons Keep. They are worn out from the long flight.

CC and Syx lay down in the tall grass at the edge of the clearing to rest. They watch as others arrived...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey Night! You did a Great job with The New Shed! 12!!! WTHey anyway?!?!? Wow We are cruisin right along eh?
I Love Your images. Just perfect!!!

edit on 26-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi Shep! I hope Your Friend is doing ok today? Maybe better than yesterday I would think. I hope so...
Good to see You. Come back when You have time...

Hey am looking for Your halloween tale. You have a link for it? I'll keep looking in the meantime...
edit on 26-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That cup is awesome Skid! Thanx for finding it! Now to figure out how to get it back from that Chick Who stole it!!
I'll have to confer with CC on this one I think...

Hello and Welcome to everyone making their way here!!! Also it's good to see You IceHappy!! Been a while!!!

Rider congrats on the new grand child!! Always nice to see New Shedders arrive!!

Gordi that story was awesome!! Nice creepy job on that!!

Erroll that was another wonderful installment of Your tale! Thanx!!! I love it!

Oh and Thanx for the hot donuts and hot coffee! They were perfect!

Jess Hi! Thank You for the orange juice and breakfast. They went along with the coffee and donuts superbly fine!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join