It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
WOW! Thank you so very much for sharing your story!!! And how amazing to finally be able to put some of the pieces back together!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Page 5 (Shed 12) - The First Round (includes a link to all previous episodes)
Page 28 - Scars

Today's episode: Sparring

His head throbbed. Why did you let Bryn talk you into that last shalt? You know you can’t keep up with him when it comes to drink. Trying not to disturb Kaena, he disentangled himself from her and slowly got out of bed. The floor was not entirely steady this morning, but the cold stone helped to shake off the grogginess and eased some of the uncertainty in his stomach.

A nasty dream had awakened him. So much blood and death he had seen, did it have to invade his dreams also? You will have rest someday, he thought. It was much earlier than his normal waking time, but he knew that to go back to bed would turn a nuisance headache into a debilitating one. He needed to get water, and to move. Sweat always seemed to draw out whatever remained of Bryn’s bloody shalt.

He pulled on breeches and soft boots, grabbed his practice sword and maar staff, and slipped out the door quietly. First to the kitchen for some juice and full skin of water, then to Gull’s Roost. Sunrise was some time away yet, and the last faint glow of the Greatmoon was fading into the west behind the mountains. The air had a crisp edge as he opened the door to the Roost. He stopped short.

In the near-dark of the setting Greatmoon, a slender figure in white sat cross-legged right in the center of Gull’s Roost. Lady Meron, motionless, right in the middle of his area. During his drill time! He looked around – sure enough, Sir Ruaen leaned casually against the wall of the Sea Tower some distance away, a flat and bored expression on his face. At the sight of Gaalen, he stood straight and saluted without any particular enthusiasm, and Gaalen returned the same, giving him a silent at-ease signal.

Irritated, Gaalen set his belongings down and began the initial exercises off to the side, near the Water Wall. Not actually one of the iteration drills of the a’karana, the initial exercises served to focus the mind and prepare the body for work. It helped. The throbbing in his temple eased slightly and focus started to return, and soon he was deep into the drills themselves, although he studiously ignored Lady Meron.

Since she had first invaded his drill time several days ago, he had taken to wearing a close-fitting tunic to hide his scars. He was drenched in sweat now, and the shirt was sticking to his skin. He was into the fourth drill when she spoke.

“Do you ever eat?”

His focus flickered for a moment before he regained it and ignored her.

“It’s not polite to ignore a woman’s question, Lord Braeghe. Do you eat? There is nothing to you but muscle and bone. It is not seemly for a man to have no substance to him.”

His focus broke, and he stopped to face her.

“Neither is it seemly to interrupt the a’karana, Seeress Meron. Focus is part of the exercise. Do you ever sleep?” he retorted stiffly.

She smiled slightly at him, but it did not reach her eyes.

“You look pale, Lord Braeghe. Late night?” she asked sweetly.

Gaalen grunted, then suppressed a wince as his head started throbbing again.
edit on 11-14-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-14-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Gordi, you crack me up sometimes! LOL

Kaelci, Loved your moon image! DDIG!

Jess, I just LOVE your snowman and dancing lights! So enchanting!!!!!!!!

Chirp, I'm so glad I caught your post when I was in a hurry earlier today so that I could drop AB a reply in that thread! Thank you so much for posting the link in here! That is what part of the Shed is about, people being there for each other with love and compassion. AB is such a wonderful woman and deserves all the support we can give her.

Tom, commented on your pic earlier, but again, what a great photo of you out in nature!! You look great!!!

Rider, what a fascinating account of your Grandparents moving because of the child's prophecy, and it came true! Wow! It scares me about the second prophecy that hasn't yet been revealed though!

Skiddy, I'm sure there are easier jobs they can find for you. Once you get to a Doctor, at least you will have proper documentation of your physical problems.

Shep, you cracked me up when you said Mayor Night Star your elvenness. Bahahaha! Cute!
Glad you enjoy my entries and that of others. Love your entries as always! Keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Update. mammogram came out fine. My white blood cells are still high, but they have been and they aren't any higher, so no worries for now. Oncologist did say because we are at about the 5 year Mark since I had cancer, he would be watching me very carefully, BUT...I don't have to see him for another year. My annual is in December with my regular doctor. I hope the diabetes number didn't jump to where it will be a concern. Right now, I don't even need meds, so keep your fingers crossed on that one! My cholesterol has been high for years, but for some reason I can't tolerate meds for that. Blood pressure goes from normal to a bit high. That's all for now.

Tomorrow I'll be going out with my friend for errands and groceries and lunch. So...everyone behave and have fun while I'm gone, especially Gordi. LOL! Someone keep an eye on him for me will ya? Love you Gordi!

I will be in to say good morning of course.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
One would hope.

I'm glad your tests came back fine.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Thats great news Hon!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Continued from page 47

The sleepy faery looked up to discover the new arrivals. "You must have come from the portal, they all do when they arrive in this area. You have found yourself in the sacred grove, a protected place of serenity and peace." Night Star smiled warmly. "We are searching for the Shed, do you know of it and how near or far we may be to it?" The faery looked at the companions with indifference. "I have heard of no such place so I care not where or what it is." Slowly she closed her heavy lidded eyes and slept.

"My Lady, we will get no help from the sleeping faery." replied Jojopo. Storm spread his wings wide. "I shall fly ahead and see if there are any familiar landmarks." Gracefully he took to the air and they watched as he spun and dipped and rose again playing upon the wind. Sky and Hugo also wanted to fly and stretch their wings. "Sky and I will be close by my friends, be cautious." said Hugo. The others watched as the miniature dragon and winged wildcat took to the air.

The white wolf looked about. "Time to move ahead and see what we can discover of these unknown lands." The remaining companions followed and moved ahead. "OW! Stop that at once and watch where you're going!" They all looked around trying to see who or what had spoken. "Are you all daft? Have you no feelings for us poor flowers? Always trampling about like nothing else matters but yourselves!" Pesky landed on the ground next to the purple flower. "Sorry flower, but we have never met speaking flowers before and you are rather small. Tell me, do you know where the shed is?"

The beautiful little flower straightened up. "What is a shed?" it asked. "Night bent down to speak. "It is a wondrous place of beauty and love, of beings and creatures great and small. It is...home." "How have you lost your way?" "Long story." replied Night. "You could seek the enchanted library. Maybe you will find a map or information from one of the information keepers." said the flower. "It isn't very far, just over the hill a ways. That way." He pointed a leaf strait ahead.

They moved along, careful not to step on any flowers along the way. The further they travelled, the darker it became, not because it was the twilight hours but because of something more sinister. There was a strange mist, but not like the beautiful swirling rainbow mist they first encountered through the portal. Pesky hid in Night Star's hair. "I don't think I like this place." " I don't think I do either." replied Night. She listened carefully and could hear the cracking of twigs and crunching of leaves.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh Thanks Rider and Skid!! How are you gentlemen tonight?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Beautiful song, amazing lyrics, musicians and vocalist!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I saw them play that live. They were with Type O Negative. It was amazing.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

How awesome Skiddy!!!!!!!!!

Here's another good song.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That's what happens when the Elf is alone in the shed. Posting frenzy.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I happen to enjoy when you play DJ! ...or is it VJ? SJ?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Jiminy, I missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still listening, so you might get another song soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Here's one for you my Metallica friend.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

MMMM the sweet tones of Hammet on a wah!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

MMMM the sweet tones of Hammet on a wah!!

I crush on that dude! Oh yes!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It's always the guitarists, just ask the other musicians in the shed!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Hahaha! I'm married to a guitarist and an awesome one at that!
But Hammet...I mean wow, talented and gorgeous and great personality! I can't help myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

My woman is also a singer/guitarists so I fell for the same thing! I'm still not as good as her.

Yea, Hammet seems like he doesn't quite fit in with the metal mentality. Or maybe he's the only to grow.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join