It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefights, Airstrikes, and Battles: Highlights of World War 3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am doing this thread under the declaration that WW3 has been ongoing since at least the Arab Spring, maybe even officially since 9/11. Some date it later, others earlier. While I used to consider 9/11 the opening salvo of WW3, I don't really think of it as World War until there are two BIG MAJOR sides and their interests duking it out on multiple fronts. Up until 2009, it was just America #ting on Iraq and Afghanistan, with limited drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and in Africa. On Bush's way out, and right before Obama stepped in, Georgia and Russia got into it.

Wiki
The crisis was linked to the push for Georgia to receive a NATO Membership Action Plan and, indirectly, the unilateral declaration of independence by Kosovo.

Increasing tensions led to the outbreak of the Russo-Georgian War in 2008. After the war, a number of incidents occurred in both conflict zones, and tensions between the belligerents remained high.

Now Russia is involved in a conflict that may have partially been enabled with NATO support. Discussion on this is for another topic, the only reason I brought it up is because it is really Russia's first military action against a state which is being serenaded by NATO. Key point here is, Russia vs NATO. This is from what I can tell is the first confrontation. Then the Arab Spring rolled around in what was it 2011?? That fed into the overthrow of Libya, the attempt at Syria, the rise of ISIS which coincidentally was the same year Ukraine began its civil war (allegedly with NATO influence) and bring us to today with a stalemate in Aleppo, Saudi Bombings of Yemen, US drone strikes and spec ops in Africa, and a first in world history live streaming war to the world with the operation to retake Mosul and the ISIS counterattack in Kirkuk.

So now that I got some of that intro stuff out the way, lets get to the meat and potatoes. I feel we can accurately and honestly state that Russia's advances into South Ossetia was the opening and official salvo of World War 3. And the point of this thread is to show the gritty rage and devastation that is our ongoing World War between NATO and company vs Eastern Bloc allies in the Middle East and NATO/Oceania posturing in the Pacific. Anyone and everyone is welcome to document here hectic firefights, heavy battles using armor, artillery, helicopters, air strikes, manpads, ATGM's, you name it. This is the one stop shop for everything video that is documenting World War 3.

My first three. Lets start with an intense firefight:

monday,august 11th. last pockets of resitance stage an ambush on russian forces convoy

And now some intense tank battles in Syria!

The war in Syria in 2013. Dzhobar
Government troops of Syria Bashar al-Assad led offensive against militants PAS using heavy armor.
Author - ANNA news

Intense fighting in Syria from last year

And some sick ass American air strikes with JTACS in Mosul just from the other night!

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: worldstarcountry

oh right, lets not forget the poor bastards at the funeral in Yemen

edit on 10-23-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ohh this one is just embarrassing. Houthi fighters ambush an Arab FOB is what this looks like. They high tail it so fast a Stryker IAV with what looks like a M1128 MGS crashes right into the light armor truck right in front of it at the 13:00 mark, no doubt just absolutely devastating it. Both are disabled a few minutes later in this militant ambush. A damn shame these Saudis got no ground game. Even their air strikes are terrible, they attack mostly civilian infrastructure and kill mostly civilians. I don't even know why we sell them weapons, they clearly are not professionally trained to deploy them.

A collage of Jihadi Sniper footage in Aleppo from july - October. I am guessing these are the moderates our State Department is adament about supporting and keeping from being destroyed by Russia and Syria.

Same militants, but using ATGM's against vehicles and armor.

Remember when Russia lost a chopper in Palmyra???

Russian Mi-24 Hind Helicopter Shot Down During Combat With ISIS In Palmyra Syria

I think the attackers were mad about this

Footage of Russian Ka-52 Alliagators combat helicopters in action during the conduction of airstrike near al-Qaryatain, Palmyra, Syria.

edit on 10-23-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I think you're right....scripture has it starting on the Euphrates......and that's a hot spot been shot at for 6 years....
edit on 23-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Not to be a Party Pooper, but have you noticed it's only a "few" countries and not "The World".

I don't think there were many chaps sitting back with a martini by the pool in 1943?

This just seems to be the usual rag tag band of nutters fighting each other over who has the best imaginary friend? No specific mass armies involved really? Sure, there have been the odd "proper" battle but mostly isolated stuff, certainly not world enveloping and certainly not a threat to me?

Sure, I know it seems that way. But that's just the media. The Allah botherers have been trigger happy since guns were invented and before that had a rather healthy penchant for knives.

I think you should join me for a few on the rocks and relax. It's not all bad young chap. Perhaps have a break from watching the news for a while.

Next, people will actually believe that Russia and the US will actually Nuke each other in the first instance. Of course this is absolute tosh, and if anything, might result in a minor skirmish. However, will never result in playing with the big toys. Just won't happen.

Now, North Korea might be a different thing, but that's a story for another time. But until then, chill out dude, sit back and relax it's not worth getting all riled up about. Let the plonkers get on with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Absolutely love the "Target here please" Green flags. Sheeesh! What next?? Illuminated signs......

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno
you are trying to apply the standards of war from almost a century ago to how it is waged in the digital era. Did you know most of your friends have no idea most of these parties are at war or under attacks? You want to see standing armies, check out my Mosul operation thread.

In world war one and two, Europe was the main battleground with campaigns in North Africa, Central, West Asia, and the Pacific coast.

Today, WW3, the main battleground is the Middle East (SA, Syria, Turkey, Iran[shia militias operating in Syria and iraq] Iraq, Yemen ), and North Africa (Libya, Egypt, and the host of Arab Spring nations which had their leaders deposed) as well as Central asia (operations in Ukraine, and the previous skirmishes in Ossetia and Abkhazia. We have isolated attacks in Europe and America by the primary enemy, ISIS or the ¹GLA from Command and Conquer Generals as I like to refer to them as. And the Pacific coast has been gearing up and drawing its loyalties for the last year now. Military forces from the top 3 military powers on Earth (Russia, China, and NATO) are all on the ground in Syria, "advising" the locals how to destroy each other. I think it is safe to say its a world war, we just waiting to see what it finally takes to get China pissed off and really start shooting at stuff!

¹[Being technologically disadvantaged, the GLA has comparatively weak (though highly mobile) ground vehicles and no air force, prompting the use of guerrilla tactics such as tunnelling, suicide bombing, hijacking, and ambushing.]

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY The thing is usa (united states of Aholes) when the world starts to understand this then we are on the way to world peace but nobody stands up, stronger they follow the evil and join up with them .

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What is the definition of a world war? It would have to include the total economic and social commitment to war-fighting by quite a few countries. At the moment, there is only Syria, in a civil war, led by a dictator. The effort being put into helping Iraq and the odd low level intervention around Syria by the US and the West, is superficial at best.

All this talk about world war is silliness.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

scripture is going to get it pretty dang close then. Raqqah is the last ISIS super stronghold in Syria. Aleppo has rebels and forces aligned indirectly with ISIS. Raqqah is on the Euphrates. Mosul is about to meet the same fate as Aleppo in a few more days. There are by most estimates up to 100,000 soldiers involved to take down ISIS in the Mosul region with a final push on the city coming soon (and likely to last many months just like Aleppo). Mosul is on the Tigris river.

So we got one Axis of power, the Russian/Iran side bogged down in Aleppo, and another Axis of power, the NATO/Iraqi/Kurdish forces are about to get bogged down in Mosul. Between the two lies Raqqah, the de-facto safe zone for ISIS right this very moment.

It almost seems like an apocalyptic battle will in fact take place in Syria where the Eastern and Western forces will converge to finish off ISIS, and maybe each other. Basically I am saying Raqqah is Berlin. This is where I believe they are destined to collide, which would put all the worlds forces facing each other right on the Euphrates. How is that for prophetic??

But if thats true, than the sad reality would actually be, ISIS is not at all who we are led to believe... could this be true??? if the Devil controls all of the worlds leaders and information through the power of greed, what is the true identity of the ones the Devil wants all of the world to hate? This is not an endorsement, just a question.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Umm, nope. Still not getting it.

Like yourself, I keep myself informed of world events. However, I think you're trying to connect to many dots.

Sure, things are getting a little tense in some regions. But I still maintain we are nowhere near a world war.

And yes, I understand your explanation regarding present and future warfare. but none of it involves me or anyone I know. If you are implying that this is a super secret "only involves TPTB" war and we don't know anything about it apart from what we see on TV.

Nah, it ain't happening.
When the bullets rattle my flat screen off the wall, then I'll believe you. Until then, it's just more of the same crap happening in some Arab country. Have you noticed that over history they have NEVER been happy with anything? Same old crap, different Arab country.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Your logic on what makes a World War is flawed. WWI and WW2 involved most countries of the world. This is just a few and localized.

In world war one and two, Europe was the main battleground with campaigns in North Africa, Central, West Asia, and the Pacific coast

Thats a fairly good chunk of the world. And you stated West Asia. Actually , it was most of Asia.
And most countries were involved in one fashion or another . Even some countries in South America.

These conflicts today are limited mainly to the Middle East.
Big difference

edit on 10/23/16 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I am doing this thread under the declaration that WW3 has been ongoing since at least the Arab Spring, maybe even officially since 9/11

If it is WW3 it would be nice if they actually got it started.

We will know WW3 happened a few moments before the flash.
edit on 23-10-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
Nah, it ain't happening.
When the bullets rattle my flat screen off the wall, then I'll believe you.

Well that did not really happen in America, but you guys in Australia did get bombed alot in Australia so I can understand the skepticism. But as you can see, the posturing in the pacific theater right now is heavy.

Lets look at some Russian losses. They lost a jet and a chopper on this one, thanks to Turkey and some terrorists.

They lost a jet in Georgia too! This is the missile that took it down.

At least they got a Georgian UAV

And someone shot down a Georgian jet too

A quick and accurate summary of this 2008 incident where Russia pretty much added Ossetia and Abkhazia to its federation.

Syria War 2016 - GoPro POV Footage Of Turkish Backed Turkmen Fighters In Heavy Clashes With SAA

Here are some highlights from the Turkish Coup

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The Chinese building their own South China Sea Armed forces Island. What are they preparing for huh??

And here they are testing many of their weapons systems

They have the capacity to put up a fight, thats for sure. I wonder if they will ever actually do anything though??

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not really sure whats going on here or who is doing the shooting, but its either India or Pakistan.

India

There sure is a lot of war in the world ... but I guess whats new right?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

NATO forces are operating in a military manner in Libya, Somalia, Nigeria, and Algeria(France) as well. Pakistan and India are fighting now. The fighting moved from Europe to the Middle East. North and South Korea have exchanged blows already as well.

This is the future where all sides have access to real tie satellite surveillance now and most players have guided missles and anti armor guided rockets as well. There is no more need to dedicate the entire nations infrastructure to war because half the world is under the rule of the American/British/French/NATO/Oceania empire. The posturing and war games that have been ongoing in the Pacific are a direct result of regional players finally confronting that power.

Nobody in world war two, was calling the war World War Two. Even WW1 was 'The Great War' until historians dubbed them WW1 and WW2 respectively. It is not called a world war until years after it concludes. A country sending soldiers to fight was what made it a global affair. Did not over 30 nations send soldiers for Iraq and Afghanistan?? Just in the operation for Mosul we have USA, British, and French forces with Iranian forces, Kurdistan forces, Iraqi forces, an Turkey. Thats at least seven nations in an OP to take one province.
Acros the border in Syria we have Syria, Russia, Turkey, USA, French, German, British, Lebanese (Hezbollah), Iran, Saudi Arabia and possibly Israel.

I think some people are confused, but it is not me. I have accounted for the fact that it has been about 80 years since the last 'Great War' , strategy, logistics, intelligence, weapons systems, propaganda and infrastructure itself has completely changed, and so has the way we wage war.

previously it was NAVY and ground forces that did it all. Now its mostly Air Force and ground forces. I just think it is not correct to apply all the same standards of nearly a century ago to todays style of war and deny WW3 is going on now as a result. Either way, I have no shortage of content to post, with much more to come.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Battles for Aleppo | October 29th 2016 | West Aleppo battle
This one has it all. Starts with an offensive by East Aleppo militants surprise attacking Syrian Army positions and retaking a handful of buildings within a contested district. They go all in with RPG's, IAV's, mortars, missiles, and suicide truck bombs. We got drone cams, tanks cams, body cams, even a mortar cam.

Afterwards we see some Russian airstrikes followed by a Syrian army counter attack with tanks and air strikes of their own. Allegedly they retook some of their losses and inflicted retaliatory casualties.

Here we got a Plestinian militia group fighting for the Syrian government to retake some ground. These poor bastards have one tank that looks like its going to fall apart, a truck mounted anti-aircraft gun, and some single pip grad missile launchers. But these guys got balls. At four minutes they charge across an open field under enemy fire to try their best to press forward. Eventually the tank helps them out to get a leg up. Life's hard out there when our fighting terrorists.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This one is really cool. It shows a Houthi launched SCUD type missile allegedly launched at Mecca or Jeddah being intercepted by Saudi THAAD defense system. Even get a camera and an infra-red view of the intercept. This appears to have been on Friday.

And this one from a few days earlier shows the Houthis brazenly attack and overrun yet another Saudi FOB within on their land. These guys sure are bold and effective. If they were not busy punking Saudi ground forces they would do well fighting ISIS in the Mosul offensive or NATO back militants in Aleppo. They cannot stop the air strikes destroying their homes, but they can sure stop the soldiers from occupying whats left, thats for damn sure.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Moderate rebels using their missiles, first week of November.
May contain graphic depictions of war
Viewer discretion is advised.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Looks like the Russians lost another chopper, they destroyed it after rescuing their comrades.

Three days ago: SYRIA SAA & HEZBOLLAH BEGINS COUNTERATTACK IN WEST ALEPPO TARGETING ISIS

We got air strikes, guided missiles, artillery, mortars, tanks, and firefights. This one is fairly gritty and raw with lots of, well, war.

edit on 11-8-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join