It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At charity roast, Donald Trump delivered what might as well be a campaign eulogy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So reading through this thread, I've learnt that:

- People that look more favorably towards Trump disagree with the OP and thought the speech was good.

- People that look more favorably towards Clinton agree with the OP and thought the speech was bad.

...what an absolute shocker...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Nikola014
Why don't you post the video?

Donald Trump dominated that speech and everyone else in that room. It was a pleasure to watch. What an amazing man

a) I don't watch videos. I don't have time. I do read transcripts, however, and news articles.
b) not everyone on ATS has the time or bandwidth or devices to watch videos. Many browse during lunch or quick moments when they can. A video blaring out sound can be risky if they're at work.
c) How is it dominating when you alienate your audience (who might have contributed to your campaign) and they start booing you?

a) Maybe you should...they included these things called facts and show the actual scene instead of some poster's skewed opinion summary.
b) That is correct but many can watch videos. Unless the video doesn't match up with your personal summary.
c) You can dominate without being accepted. Think war. We have all known that Trump speaks his mind whether people like it or not. He says it like it is. Typically in my opinion, those who don't like honest opinions are looking for "yes men" to simply agree with them regardless of their actual opinion. NOT a quality anyone should want in a President. A leader speaks the truth...Clinton speaks lies. And...not caring who paid the most money to you when you speak your views shows you aren't a puppet or "for sale". Again...the opposite of Clinton and again, not a quality you want in a President.
edit on 10/22/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well said.

Here's the real summary.

1) Clinton entered the event under pressure as she had just been roundly criticised for the comments she and her campaign made about Catholics. She had to sit next to the Cardinal that called on her to apologise.

2) The gentleman who introduced both candidates joked about both of them in light hearted banter to which the audience laughed.

3) Trump started his speech with a lot of irony and got some laughs before making a few jokes and getting more laughs

4) He then turned too serious and made a few comments that were not in the spirit of the event and he got booed by some people in the audience

5) He then made a few more jokes and finished off his speech with some nice words about the event itself and was applauded as he sat down

6) Hillary made some good jokes about Trump and got some laughs.

7) She then turned ugly and made some personal attacks that were met with silence and some boos - the comment about Guliani was not necessary and the comments about Trump and women were way low for the event, especially as Trumps wife was sitting right there. She didn't seem to care. Her needless comment about Ted Cruz was also below the belt - he was not even there.

8) She finished her speech to applause also

9) The cardinal then spoke and made a good joke about his cold being caused by the icy relationship between the two candidates.

10) Trump and Clinton shook hands at the end.

There, it is not too hard to say what actually happened. It only took me 5 minutes to write it. I guess the above factual representation doesn't sensationalise enough though and drive an agenda, so probably isn't good for eyeballs and ad revenue.

Somehow the 'journalist' managed to get Trump boos, declining crowds and an election concession from the event.

edit on 22/10/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/10/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Everything she does and says is scripted.

It amazes me that people cannot/will not see this about that evil woman and still maintain that she is not a puppet of the open border globalist traitors. I guess there really is no educating stupid, and no hope for the US.

edit on 22-10-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Its incredible that Clinton supporters would not be able to see mind blowingly obvious irony in that picture.

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Byrd

A Campaign Eulogy ? LOL , I and many other Trump Supporters did not get that Impression at all . Wishful Thinking there Byrd ? Hmm....

Yeah but to be fair, Trump did say he could walk out onto 5th avenue and shoot people and his supporters would still stand behind him so........

Apparently hes not wrong, as this whole cycle, despite everything has shown........

Really ? Come On Man , that is a Serious Stretch.........[/quot
edit on 22-10-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Absolutely. The guy is through and everyone knows it. Well, maybe the Dunning-Kruger (too stupid to know they're stupid) crowd doesn't, but every reasonable person has witnessed the end of Little Donny. He's kaput.

It's all about embracing Mrs. Clinton now and coming in for the big win and having a taste of delicious Victory Pudding.

I agree with you about not posting the video, though, inevitably, some people will whine about it.

He is not through until the voters decide it. And I have to tell you, in my travels, I still see Trump signs EVERYWHERE, people on street corners supporting him, and everyone I talk to said they are going to vote for him. Yet, nowhere do I see anything approaching this kind of support for Ms Clinton. They have already crowned her queen before the election takes place. Good, I hope they keep gloating enough to infuriate voters to go and bury her and her aspirations for more endless war and to outsource the rest of the country under a mountain of ballots for Trump. I for one will vote for him and NO ONE else.
edit on 22-10-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Wait a minute - which campaign is writing Eulogies?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There were some poor choice of jokes from Trump/Trumps team, but I felt the majority he did fine.

His Melanie/Michelle speech joke was great though. I did prefer Hillary's jokes and delivery over Trumps.

But it was actually quite nice to see them both laugh at each others jokes, a brief moment of civility.

It was the Catholic joke for me that was not appropriate for the audience from Trump, apart from that I thought they both delivered witty remarks for the occasion.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
Wait a minute - which campaign is writing Eulogies?

Oh are we playing the context game again?

Hillary Crowd

Trump Crowd

Yay... now we've both posted pointless images. Congratulations.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So, why do you make a thread about something you know NOTHING about?

Seems a little silly if you ask me. Trump said it himself. Hillary's team was in that crowd. Including the head of CNN, ABC, CBC...etc. Donald Trump dominating that speech.

Again, it was a pleasure to listen to him

Are you kidding? I saw it, and Trump's delivery of his "jokes" was terrible and cringeworthy.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

sigh. I feel bad for him...he just never saw this coming. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It was a very uncomfortable event.

What was supposed to be a light-hearted event where the two could take small jabs at each other, turned in to another stump speech by Trump.

I don't know if he didn't understand what the event was, or if he just didn't have the humor in him to pull it off.

Hellary will get us all killed. I don't give a f#ck what Trump says, if Hellary gets elected, we're all f*cked
edit on 22-10-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Dam, Hillary retreats for weeks on end. Hay no big deal for her though shes special.

Haiti efforts? Her foundations work there is being met with scathing reviews. Huma is confessing publically about Hillary taking cash from all sorts of world wide interests.

One could go on but its clear that Hillary is not out of the wood. Races in key state are to close to call and you are worried about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: introvert

It was a very uncomfortable event.

What was supposed to be a light-hearted event where the two could take small jabs at each other, turned in to another stump speech by Trump.

I don't know if he didn't understand what the event was, or if he just didn't have the humor in him to pull it off.

Hellary will get us all killed. I don't give a f#ck what Trump says, if Hellary gets elected, we're all f*cked

Sorry. I'm not the one to curl up in a ball and suck my thumb over idiotic doom pron.

We are going to be just fine.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

So, why do you make a thread about something you know NOTHING about?

Seems a little silly if you ask me. Trump said it himself. Hillary's team was in that crowd. Including the head of CNN, ABC, CBC...etc. Donald Trump dominating that speech.

Again, it was a pleasure to listen to him

Are you kidding? I saw it, and Trump's delivery of his "jokes" was terrible and cringeworthy.

So Don isnt a comedian? Oh wow thats important.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Spot on! They absolutely wanted want they got, and it raised millions.

Donald Trump is America's rudder right now. He may not come in exactly the package we expect from a politician, but he is the one to lead us back on track before we fall off the precipice. We have been floating dangerously off course in the last few years.

Hillary will kill this country and enrich her own at our expense. The far left is a dangerous edge that we cannot afford to fall off of. Remember, she may appoint as many as three super liberal SCJs. That will surely take us off the cliff. I'm willing to give Donald four years to steer us back toward the middle.

edit on 22-10-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A minor observation that reveals something about the state of mind of Trump's campaign--his attempted joke about Hillary being fired from the Watergate commission fell completely flat. She actually wasn't but never mind that. It was like the Steve Martin plumbing joke.Nobody got it because the plumbers weren't there. The average American has not heard this Watergate accusation. You have to be a consumer of "Alt-Right" media like Trump. He and/or his writers are in such a bubble they didn't realize this wouldn't read as even slightly funny because most of the audience wouldn't know what he was talking about before they heard it; a pre-requisite for that kind of joke.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes, we will. Even if somehow he wins, we will still be okay, because he has handlers......and he won't be able to fire anyone. I really do, though, feel depressed for him. This has to be a huge blow to him, personally. I know he is a desperately fragile person who wants to be king of America, and thinks he can.

I feel sad about it.

I feel sad for Ivanka, that this is her dad. My dad, no matter how confused he got, I still loved him. He would ask me five times in as many minutes, "When's mom coming home?"

(I was there for five days.)

It is truly, for me, heartbreaking to see this public mockery and humiliation of a person who, as abhorrent as he actually appears to be, is now melting into a puddle of fail. His heart is breaking.

Am I going to vote for him? Not a whisper of a distant chance. But I do feel empathy for the man. I hope he gets some professional help. Ivanka definitely needs some unbiased support. The boys and Tiffany, well, I don't know.

But she, the main daughter, has stood beside her dad through all of this. She seems to be a lovely woman who is simply taking advantage of her privileged status (Edited for clarity: as in "accessing the unlimited resources available to her in order to") to smooth the road for her dad, who has quite possibly gone off the deep end.

Heartbreaking.

And I mean that.
edit on 10/22/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

God how I miss my dad.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join