It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At charity roast, Donald Trump delivered what might as well be a campaign eulogy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I watched it live, and it was extremely uncomfortable to watch then...and it had nothing to do with him telling the truth or not. This event is nothing new, and its attendees usually lean conservative moreso than liberal. Its an event where politicians are supposed to be funny, and take funny jabs at each other. I could not even tell what was supposed to be a joke and what was supposed to be serious, it was like he was struggling to produce some kinda emotion that was similar to humorous and failing badly at it (Keep in mind I dislike Hillary too). If you arent gonna act in the spirit of a dinner like that..Dont go. Go do a speech somewhere else, you know the media would have followed you there too.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think the OP is a very sober, realistic, almost journalist like, depiction of reality as it relates to Trump stumbling into a pit of failure

What makes it so good is that it its done without all the usual accruements which you really don’t need if you write well

Great OP!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
I could not even tell what was supposed to be a joke and what was supposed to be serious, it was like he was struggling to produce some kinda emotion that was similar to humorous and failing badly at it

Actually, the first half was pretty funny. quite amusing to watch, certainly got some humorous jabs in while keeping with the spirit of things.
And then the trojan horse opened up and his true intent was made, just a stump speech demonstrating the worst parts of his attitude, at the expense of the event which helps out many people.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole event is simply shelved whenever a "populous" is a candidate given they simply aren't good with their word and will use the moment for nothing but self promotion regardless of if it hurts the cause.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
There is at least one thing that Trump said during his speech at this function that is completely true. It was when he said that this election has seen the most media biased ever. It is truly disgusting to watch a nation that has given so much for freedom become a Banana Republic. Founders and patriots past are crying out in despair for what has been so horribly squandered for the sake of the power hungry elite and their treacherous open border globalist complicity.

I agree the media bias has been a real problem. Hillary has had to pay every time her name is mentioned, Trump on the other hand has gotten $4 billion in free advertising.

So what? That's their problem. Shows how bias they are.

Maybe they should have focused more on hillary or evened the coverage out?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Byrd

A Campaign Eulogy ? LOL , I and many other Trump Supporters did not get that Impression at all . Wishful Thinking there Byrd ? Hmm....

Yeah but to be fair, Trump did say he could walk out onto 5th avenue and shoot people and his supporters would still stand behind him so........

Apparently hes not wrong, as this whole cycle, despite everything has shown........

Really ? Come On Man , that is a Serious Stretch.........

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Trump destroyed everyone

Did someone accidentally give him the nuclear launch codes?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I watched it live, and it was extremely uncomfortable to watch then...and it had nothing to do with him telling the truth or not. This event is nothing new, and its attendees usually lean conservative moreso than liberal. Its an event where politicians are supposed to be funny, and take funny jabs at each other. I could not even tell what was supposed to be a joke and what was supposed to be serious, it was like he was struggling to produce some kinda emotion that was similar to humorous and failing badly at it (Keep in mind I dislike Hillary too). If you arent gonna act in the spirit of a dinner folike that..Dont go. Go do a speech somewhere else, you know the media would have followed you there too.

Clearly, Donald Trump took lessons at his own Comedy Central Roast... From The Situation:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I thought Trumps speech was downright embarrassing....we don't need another George W in the White House anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I watched it live, and it was extremely uncomfortable to watch then...and it had nothing to do with him telling the truth or not. This event is nothing new, and its attendees usually lean conservative moreso than liberal

You lost me here

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I thought the speech was really funny. Then again, I hate Hillary so I suppose id think that way. I'm also not a huge Trump fan but I don't see the issue nor was I embarrassed. The pussification of America continues.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
So what? That's their problem. Shows how bias they are.

Maybe they should have focused more on hillary or evened the coverage out?

Bias doesn't bother me one bit. The world isn't fair, and foreign powers aren't going to play fair with America. My opinion of the President is that if you're not competent enough to win a rigged game, then you're not competent enough to hold the office. Lets be realistic about how it's rigged though. Only one candidate has gotten $4 billion in free advertising. Only one candidate is paying to get their name out there.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes
The pussification of America continues.

Covino and Rich?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I watched both speeches in the entirety.
I say tie. Which is tough for me because I lean much to Donald in this race.
He went a bit more ugly than she did and didn't have as good a stage presence in this setting.
Her voice and mannerisms got old quicker.
Both can out perform Richard Nixon in this scenario, neither could come close to Ronald Reagan.
Both made me laugh. Honestly.
I will be voting for Trump, albeit with heavy heart.
Peace.
Texas Thinker.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Nikola014

Im not your friend, buddy.

im not your buddy, guy.

Not your friend pal

Damn. Comedy relief. I love South Park.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Did you type this post on a rotary phone?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Complete nonsense of an OP - what we've come to expect with these anti-Trump posts perpetuating media rubbish.

You mean like the complete nonsense of all the threads and posts made by self-deluded, pro-Trump people living in their own reality and perpetuating their own ignorance?

Like that?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

You need to look up delphi technique and artificial consensus.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Trump did not stand up for the American people. He embarrassed us.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well I am gonna go stand off nearly on my pen with the few of those here who share my opinion.

I don't believe we have a democratically elected government and i don't mean the typical, "Electoral Coll-a-who?" I mean that whole system alone always bugged me but I mean it in every sense possible and this week's disclosure of democratic plants shipping off to here and there to cause dissent in the opponents corner is just one piece of what one day will be exposed for the invisible shackles/faux freedom/pacifying illusion of choice that it is. But I am gonna stand up for Trump here and pretend this wasn't all planned back at the White House while Bill was busy being distracted by the worlds first ever living cyborg humidor, whatever the outcome is supposed to be.

Both candidates were invited first of all and invited to give a speech. Lets not pretend the organizers or supporters of the event are THAT dense and lets admit that the are well aware that while they could have raised a million dollars for charity, this one duo in pal the land could command the demand that was generated which ended in a single meal raising over SIX MILLION DOLLARS and I know darn well while you had your regulars there, some people really dug deep and did so as a treat to themselves Cruz they like politics and found the idea an entertaining one worth spoiling themselves on and sacrificing for. So really, not even the cardinal wanted to hear them speak about the importance of feeding children or the statistics of child hunger. They were invited for a quote unquote friendly " " ROAST, I believe I heard being the language leading up to an event. Now any American can tell you this ain't Toastmasters, the roast draws INSANE attention and when done with a truly famous person for charity boy can it raise money. And I can't be huffy puffy and offended by him unless that had been asked to debate, discuss the charity, etc and even then I think its take a real jerk to rather give children a fraction of what the taboo and controversial atmosphere ended up providing them. And I'm not creative at all so if go straight to one of the YouTube comedy central roasts to get ideas and sorry but while Hillary had political writers do her material, trump probably had a more eclectic influence and if he checked YouTube hed see the most common jokes ARE things like, "Martha Stewart is so corrupt," "Michael J Fox is so shaky," "Betty White is such a sl#& her private parts must..." or even truly tasteless stuff like, "Whitney Houston was supposed to be here but she was as clumsy as Eric Claptons son (hey, its a running A.J. punchline I don't like it- I like him a lot- but that one...anyway I really needed to stress the scale he was working on Cruz these comments go on for pages as people whine oblivious to the reasons things were done a certain way ugh)," you get my drift? So the two or sometimes three things people cite in calling his jokes inappropriate, understand by roast rules he kept it G or PC compared to if Anthony Jesselnick were there instead. IT WASN'T A DEBATE IT WASN'T A CAMPAIGN EVENT GET OVER IT. It just so happens those topics are gonna attract the big bucks.

On another note I LOVED his joke after saying Hillary's team was there,NBC, ABC,CBS, CNN. WPost, NYTimes, etc when he said "I think its really lousy how bias you all are and how you will always praise the left side but tear mine down. For example, Michelle Obama gave a speech you all were wild about. Well, my wife Melania gave the exact same speech and she hasn't stopped catching grief for it." I just thought that was so witty and her reaction adorable, I personally think Melania is charming I really do in fact, of Bill, Hill, Trump, and Melania she's definitely the gem in it all. First cuz what a neat life to lead and a different kind of first lady than ever in the past. And maybe it is because I am a European so I don't get distracted by nor do I judge ANYTHING because of a heavy eastern European accent or if I am simply alone in being able to tell the truth and that is that of course with my background im a sucker for polyglots but more importantly even in English I am more than capable of seeing she is far from a dumb model or bimbo in fact she is obviously quite intelligent not to mention kind and caring at least that last part I guess I can only guess on but I trust my judgment. That's it I guess sorry bout length.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join