It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says He May Not Accept Election Results...Media Freaks Out.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Can't be very much help with this dilemma. I was 7-8 years old when Bush got elected. Very little I remember about that time except that everyone in my household was pretty excited when Bush won.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

The Wiki on the Supreme Court challenge that decided the 2000 election.

It was Al Gore challenging the result. Coincidentally, Al Gore was the VP under Bill Clinton.

This is why I agree that the media has it in for Trump. They all know damned well that the 2 most recent examples of a SCOTUS challenge were the 2 DNC candidates before Obama (both against Bush). Yet they mischaracterize this as unprecedented or something. Its complete nonsense, and outright lies, in favor of one candidate over another.

There are laws regulating how media can accept advertising for candidates at all levels. But native advertising (just running hit pieces) it not regulated. And make no mistake....its all native advertising. How many times do I need a news piece on the new consumer product (like IPhone, or the new Mac)?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Correct me if im wrong (Mandela Effect)....but the universe i come from had John Kerry and Al Gore lose to GW Bush, and neither of them accepted the result. I remember SCOTUS weighing in, and hanging chads.

oO

I remember Gore having issues with SCOTUS but not Kerry..

But this brings me to my larger point ( not at BFFT). If Trump wins the popular vote, and has voting irregularities in a state that literally would have given him the white house, then sure, question the election. But to compare this to Gore 2000 is a joke. Gore wasn't down 7-11 in the polls. He wasn't capped at like 197 electoral votes heading into the election. He was in the closest election ( I think) in the history of American presidential races.

So yes, if Trump is in that situation, Id expect him to wait and see what is going on. But remember, Gore backed down and conceded right away in 2000. It was after the fact once certain things came to light( hanging chads etc) that he fought it. And even then, he still conceded when every political adviser around him said if he held out and kept disputing ballots, he would win the recounts. And this is from a time where HIS OPPONENTS BROTHER WAS IN CHARGE OF THE STATE. He still conceded to Bush.

edit on 20-10-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
because its coming from the same man who has said from the beginning (as a safety net) "Its rigged"

He cant accept responsibility for anything he does.....he uses it as a copout.......he always has one, has since the very first day he ran......

Hes a classic example of NPD "Narcissistic personality disorder" everything is someone else fault......

Its really old and disgusting........

I loathe him and Hillary both......but tonight he did his same song and dance....

When asked a direct question "HILLARY DID THIS" and never answer.......ever.....

on Policy "HILLARY IS CROOKED!" never answer on what his policies were.....

On his direction and how hes going to do things "NOT LIKE HILLARY AND OBAMA" .....never give definitive answers....

hes a freaking clown..........an idiot.....someone without a plan and without a clue......who thinks he knows everything.....

He is clinical and a danger to this country........

Vote 3rd party........

MBTM out............

Ok so you hate Trump. Fair enough.

The ironic thing you are criticizing hium for saying that the election is rig, and your suggeston is to vote third party.

What do you think the chances are of a third party winning?

Zero.

Do you know why? Because the establishment parties have rigged our eletion system.

Even if you hate Trump the one thing you should be cheering him on for if you are a fan of third parties is showing how rigged the system is.

Just looking at it from a third party perspective;

He is right about the media rigging the election. They give almost no face time to anyone that is third party, or is even in the two parties but is trying to buck the system (see Bernie, Ron Paul, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, etc.)

The two party establishment sets up the primaries to disenfranchise outsiders, (see Ron Paul getting cheated out of primaries, or Bernie losiing five coin flips in a row).

Polls are used and rigged to keep third parties off of the debate stage.

Gerrymandering is used to ensure the two party establishment.

The two party establishment makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to get on a ballot.

The two party establishment gets exclusively to use tax money for their campaigns.

Voter fraud and ballot tampering has been proven to be used by both of the two party establishments.

So granted, maybe trump is a loudmouth and a whiner, but why are both sides of the establishment freaking out over his criticizing the rigged system? Because it is one thing that they both agree on, the curtian cannot be pulled back on this or they both stand to lose their monopoly on the system.

So as Obama and Hillary and Paul Ryan etc. push us closer to world war three, people can take comport in the fact that at least they will except the outcome of the election.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
funny how everyone is blasting trump for this.

bill clinton himself wrote to al gore after bush won that he should not concede the election.

when you know its rigged, and theres proof, and wikileaks, and project veritas PROVING that the DNC is trying to rigg the elections in hillars favor... WHO THE EFF WOULD ACCEPT A LOSS!

Even if it was ted cruz or rubio, who ever lost probably lost due to rigging.

there are no hillary clinton bumper stickers or lawn signs anywhere i live. yet she won the primary easily
400 people show up to her rallies

its rigged... we all know it, wikileaks and veritas prove it...

if you think any other way, you are as dumb as brazil trying to talk her way out of being caught in lies.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: StolidPanda
It is interesting how him not conceding to Hillary if she wins is "horrifying". Why is it horrifying? Our country is already separated and has been a while. So thats not it.

Afraid he might find something? Maybe he'll end up a dead man because of this. Definitely staying tuned.

Right, and Hillary totally ignoring the accusation that she had her people pay people to start violence at Trump rallies is no big deal at all.

You know, that same violence at those rallies that was blamed on Trump and called horrifying by the press over and over again.

When Hillary refuses to deny that she caused it, they now don't think that violence was a big deal at all.

Now Trump saying he would wait to see if he would accept the results of the election, thats a big deal to the press. I mean, when Gore didn't accept the results that wasn't a big deal, and mnny members of the media that are criticizing Trump still to this day say Bush stole the election, but that was Democrats doing that, and as we all know, Democrats are always right and everyone else always wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: kosmicjack

I am a little confused as to why the uproar. I've not yet seen DT quoted directly. He said "I will keep you in suspense." "What I'm saying, I will tell you in time."

-that's it.

Any answer but "I will accept the results of the election" is the wrong answer. If you can't see that then Democracy isn't important to you.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Now Trump saying he would wait to see if he would accept the results of the election, thats a big deal to the press. I mean, when Gore didn't accept the results that wasn't a big deal, and mnny members of the media that are criticizing Trump still to this day say Bush stole the election, but that was Democrats doing that, and as we all know, Democrats are always right and everyone else always wrong.

You guys really need to stop with this thin comparison. Gore questioned the results of ONE state election AFTER the votes were cast. Plus there was actual evidence of rigging to base the claims on.

HOWEVER when you are questioning the results of the election before the election even happened then you are on a COMPLETELY different level here.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: kosmicjack

I am a little confused as to why the uproar. I've not yet seen DT quoted directly. He said "I will keep you in suspense." "What I'm saying, I will tell you in time."

-that's it.

Any answer but "I will accept the results of the election" is the wrong answer. If you can't see that then Democracy isn't important to you.

What an ignorant response.

Any answer but a carefully articulated concession? I don't think i like your definition of Democracy.

Seems this rabbit hole of election tampering is just seeing light.

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

So yes, if Trump is in that situation, Id expect him to wait and see what is going on.

I think that is mostly what he was saying. I think the media have spun it into something much more wild than that. He was simply being honest (maybe for a change?) that he would leave options open based on what happens. Which seemed reasonable to me. I wouldn't rent a house sight unseen, afterall.

You are correct, and I misstated. Kerry did not push it to SCOTUS. He started to raise a stink, then backed off. To his credit 100%.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: carewemust

Oh hells bells, you're probably right. Why should any one freak out over a little thing like undermining the very foundation of our Democracy? No biggie, right?

And you don't think that foundation has already been undermined?

We have a press that is all but another arm of the establishment politicians.

We have career politicians that rig the system so no one with new ideas can get eleceted.

We have organizations such as the DOJ, FBI, IRS, EPA, and others being politicized.

We have a dynasty of families that always are the "leader" of the country or running to be.

We have a middle and lower class that is being destroyed.

We have people that have only 6% confidence in the media and government.

And so on.

Yet none of this is a big deal to people. But when someone says the elections are rigged, all of the sudden it is the destruction of our Democracy.

Maybe if the people that are outraged by this spent half as much stregth being outraged by the other things I mentioned, we could start to take this country back.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You guys really need to stop with this thin comparison. Gore questioned the results of ONE state election AFTER the votes were cast. Plus there was actual evidence of rigging to base the claims on.

HOWEVER when you are questioning the results of the election before the election even happened then you are on a COMPLETELY different level here.

First off, Trump said he will wait and see.

Secondly, you make it seems as if Gore only challenged one state and it wasn't a big deal. yet that state cost him the election, so yes he was challenging the results of the election.

Had gore been asked befor the election will you accept the reults of the election, I am sure he would have said yes. Then he would have been a liar, as he would have then said, but wait we found evidence of shadiness.

So Trump says I will wait and see if there is any shadiness, and he is horrible.

This is a joke. I have heard everyone that has criticized Trump for saying this admit yes there is voter fraud, but it is not large scale.

Instead of being horrified that this fraud exists and demanding something be done about it, they are more horrified that someone is bringing it to peoples attention.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am not a fan of Trump but even i look at this media frenzy over him refusing to accept the results of the election before the votes have even been counted.

To say anything other than "I will tell you after the vote" to me would be illogical, what if for example Trump got 80% of the vote and then the electoral college ignored it and handed the office to Clinton. Sure you would expect him to accept a straight forward result without him screaming "ITS A FIX!!!" but until the votes have all be cast and counted he cannot just blindly accept the result.

I think in this election there is a third candidate, the media, they are manipulating the narrative on this, Hillary did not win last nights debate nor did Trump really. Just look at how much flack Trump has taken for comments he made over a decade ago vs the lack of discussion in the media regarding Hillary's emails and claims of corruption. If the media gave as much coverage to Clinton's corruption as they have gave the stupid things that Trump has said then the polls would be looking very different.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

So yes, if Trump is in that situation, Id expect him to wait and see what is going on.

I think that is mostly what he was saying. I think the media have spun it into something much more wild than that. He was simply being honest (maybe for a change?) that he would leave options open based on what happens. Which seemed reasonable to me. I wouldn't rent a house sight unseen, afterall.

You are correct, and I misstated. Kerry did not push it to SCOTUS. He started to raise a stink, then backed off. To his credit 100%.

BFFT, my man.... If you have to decipher for the average voter of what he meant to say on this issue, that's bad. And you could be absolutely right, but you're rational to me, he is not. I dont think thats what he was saying at all. Or he could have just said it. And besides, Gore wasnt out on the campaign trail saying the whole election system was rigged. He questioned the veracity of the vote counting process in certain voting precincts in ONE state.
edit on 20-10-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The reason is that its politicized, too.

Whatever Trump says or has ever said is fodder for the daily news cycle. If that doesn't work, its what other people say about him. Meanwhile, he trots out his own people to dispute the stories others tell about him, and this is all what we call news.

I don't want him to be president. Not at all. I don't really want Hillary either, but that is beside this point. I don't like Trump and don't want him for president. But he is absolutely, 100% fighting an uphill battle against the media. Whether they are colluding with Hillary, or just misrepresenting him to keep viewers watching....they are unethically attacking him during this election.

Which is sad, because he really doesn't seem like a nice man. Yet I feel compelled to defend him. Which, if i am being honest, just makes me hate media for putting me in that position.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

" Instead of being horrified that this fraud exists and demanding something be done about it, they are more horrified that someone is bringing it to peoples attention."

The is basically the Whole Story here about Mr. Trumps remarks Last Night . Both Parties Know you Don't Talk about it , or the Cat is Out of the Bag .

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I wasn't trying to decipher it. Its just what he said. "Ill tell you when we get there".

If i were him, win or lose I'd be launching lawsuits against the media. There are FCC regulations to how they can advertise for candidates. Its possible that several national outlets are responsible for committing libel at worst, and violating FCC regulations at best.

It could be possible that I would cheer for him in such a scenario. Media is a farce in this country. Been that way for quite awhile...this just may be the catalyst.

And don't get me wrong: i don't think Trump is a good guy, or would be a good president. Im just presenting what I see.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Secondly, you make it seems as if Gore only challenged one state and it wasn't a big deal. yet that state cost him the election, so yes he was challenging the results of the election.

Had gore been asked befor the election will you accept the reults of the election, I am sure he would have said yes. Then he would have been a liar, as he would have then said, but wait we found evidence of shadiness.

Thats because he did only question the veracity of one state.....

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

a reply to: bknapple32

I wasn't trying to decipher it. Its just what he said. "Ill tell you when we get there".

If i were him, win or lose I'd be launching lawsuits against the media. There are FCC regulations to how they can advertise for candidates. Its possible that several national outlets are responsible for committing libel at worst, and violating FCC regulations at best.

It could be possible that I would cheer for him in such a scenario. Media is a farce in this country. Been that way for quite awhile...this just may be the catalyst.

And don't get me wrong: i don't think Trump is a good guy, or would be a good president. Im just presenting what I see.

Yea I totally get that you feel boxed in a corner having to defend Trump. Trust me I do....

But again, all he had to say was " Ill accept the election results win or lose baring an Al gore type situation" Done- Diffused- Over. But in typical Trump fashion he chose his words carefully ( Ill assume carefully because if he didnt, well then is that the guy anyone wants as president?) and he chose to fan the flame instead of put it out.

Sue the media?? For what? The 3 billion in free advertising it gave him throughout the primaries? As they say in sports, live by the sword die by the sword.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Which is sad, because he really doesn't seem like a nice man. Yet I feel compelled to defend him. Which, if i am being honest, just makes me hate media for putting me in that position.

This is absolutely true. He doesn't seem like a nice person. He still aggravates me with how he acts.

But he was created by the corrupt system we have, Democrats and Republicans in the establishment, and their media lapdogs.

Everyday people have been becoming ever more fed up with this system for years now. Occupy Wall st, the Tea Party, Ron Paul and Bernie supporters; all of these people came from different sides of politics, yet they all thought the system is rigged. And in turn the media and politicians all brushed these people aside one way or another.

And so now a more brash candidate has emerged. Normally, he would have been laughed off of the stage, but people are so angry that they are willing to vote for him because he is calling out this rigged system.

And so what does the system do in response? rigs it even worse. Their media attacks him 24/7, the establishment politicians are all against him, and everyone says that for him to bring attention to the rigged system is inexcusable.

So now people like me and you are defending this guy that otherwise we would be making fun of.

At the end, he will probably lose. But do you think that anger from normal people will go away? Nope. And the fact that the establishment proved more than ever how rigged the system is to defeat him will wake more up to how corrupt the system is.

So the establishment cheerleaders can celebrate their victory this time. But they do not realize that in pulling out all the stops to win this battle, they have came one step closer to losing the war.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join