It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump Says He May Not Accept Election Results...Media Freaks Out.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is completely false and full of fear mongering. Either that or Al Gore never ran for president.

2000 Election and Al Gore

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The voting machines, at least in my state, have a paper receipt that's retained by the machine and that you can verify as having your correct vote when you've finished. Granted, I have little doubt that no one ever looks at them.

Regardless, I'm not sure paper ballots will help. Remember 2000 and that room full of dorks holding up the ballots to the lights and also using magnifying glasses to see even the tiniest mark that would justify counting it?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you going to lecture me about not believing ridiculous conspiracy theories again if I answer you here? Because everything you said here doesn't convince me that the the entire national elections should be completely distrusted, especially for the predicted landslide that Trump is about to experience.

Why is it so hard for people to accept this report?

Well for one its from 2007. # has changed. you gotta admit that. As for all the outlandish claims, you know where I stand its on the same side as you.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Its easy to take the highroad when you think you have the game in the bag.

Honestly, if Trump wins, I don't think Hillary would accept the results either. Her and her campaign have come to the conclusion that this is over and Hillary is on auto-pilot right now coasting to the finish line. So if she actually DOES LOSE now, she wont accept the results. I guarantee you she wont. Saying otherwise, is taking the fake highroad like the Libs/Dems like doing. So if these roles were reversed and Trump was up big in the polls, Obama wouldn't accept the results either. Neither would Hillary. They'd be preaching how Donald is unfit and this and that. They'd say everything BUT accept the results. Its the typical hypocritical rhetoric that the Left spews.

In fact, if Trump DOES happen to win, I fully expect him to be assassinated within a year and the Clinton's will be involved.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Maybe it's because the Brennan Center has taken millions in grant money, over the last 20 years, from George Soros' OSF: Link

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Are you going to lecture me about not believing ridiculous conspiracy theories again if I answer you here? Because everything you said here doesn't convince me that the the entire national elections should be completely distrusted, especially for the predicted landslide that Trump is about to experience.

You keep adding new words to the argument, man.

To answer the above post, no. I am not alleging anything about "the entire national elections". I am alleging that whoever controls the machines, controls the results.

I've also alleged that Trump might be insinuating action against the media, based on what he has said repeatedly. Nowhere has he said he intends to contest the vote. He did leave contesting the election on the table, but did not say he was going to do it. All the other stuff you have added in is your words. So i cannot argue any of that with you, as im not interested in debating made up scenarios. The facts are: he left a challenge open as a possibility, not as a certainty.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I would say that Florida has 67 counties. Most (if not all) are run by republicans. And the state itself is run by republicans. They would be the ones rigging it, correct?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Its easy to take the highroad when you think you have the game in the bag.

Honestly, if Trump wins, I don't think Hillary would accept the results either. Her and her campaign have come to the conclusion that this is over and Hillary is on auto-pilot right now coasting to the finish line. So if she actually DOES LOSE now, she wont accept the results. I guarantee you she wont. Saying otherwise, is taking the fake highroad like the Libs/Dems like doing. So if these roles were reversed and Trump was up big in the polls, Obama wouldn't accept the results either. Neither would Hillary. They'd be preaching how Donald is unfit and this and that. They'd say everything BUT accept the results. Its the typical hypocritical rhetoric that the Left spews.

In fact, if Trump DOES happen to win, I fully expect him to be assassinated within a year and the Clinton's will be involved.

Of course she wouldn't accept it. They would blame the Russians. People are already saying how some states voter rolls have been hacked, and Obama was proposing more federal oversight of the machines. Apparently when Hillary or Obama have concerns about a fair process, it is not considered fear mongering and anti democratic.

So if she loses, they will say those dirty Russians hacked the system.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Yes, they can be audited, but the tally will never change. You have no idea if the receipt stored actually reflects your vote or not.

Regardless, I'm not sure paper ballots will help. Remember 2000 and that room full of dorks holding up the ballots to the lights and also using magnifying glasses to see even the tiniest mark that would justify counting it?

Right. And yet the intent of all those ballots could be interpreted.

Also, just because punchcard ballots are not ideal, it doesn't mean they cannot be replaced with better-designed paper ballots. No reason to make the leap to digital/electronic voting machines.

link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I seem to recall a recount in 2000 after a candidate "didn't accept the results"...

Your recall is faulty.

The candidate in question absolutely accepted the results, and conceded on election night. Then Florida said "wait a minute, the result is so close that State Law demands a recount". The candidate DID NOT ask for a recount; State Law DEMANDED a recount.

What got complicated was all the to-ing and fro-ing over how much effort should go into validating 'doubtful' ballots - the questions about 'hanging chads' and overvotes and undervotes. That all took time, and GWB's brother wanted to shut it down because the State deadline for certification was looming, everyone else wanted keep counting until the result accounted for all the legal ballots that could be verified. Nothing more, nothing less. The final result did not, in fact, count all the legal ballots that were cast.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

the establishment hates him and is pulling out all of the stops to beat him.

But it's really as simple as this - The GOP establishment has the House and Senate, they would dearly have loved to have the White House too, at any cost. But not at the price of a Trump Presidency. That says a lot.

Trump is so unstable, undisciplined, uninformed, unyielding and unreliable - his own party (if you actually believe Trump is GOP) can't trust him or even just work with him. GOPers from across the spectrum and in all types of fields, not just Congress or Media, know he is dangerous and bad for the country. Dangerous not because he is anti-establishment but dangerous because all he is, all he considers, all he is ever concerned with is - pro-Trump.

To my point earlier about Trump simply being a representation of anger and revulsion:

www.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right losing is losing,..whomever is claiming it under whatever pretenses and contrary evidence.

Trust but Verify

Kind of ironic that it comes from the Russians

What are you talking about? Trump is making it clear that he doesn't even trust the elections. He's not even planning on verifying this distrust.

Then please explain to me the quote "wait and see?"

Are you sure your paying attention?

I'm not trying to play, "figure out what Donald Trump means" with another one of his coy and open ended answers. The fact remains that his answer wasn't "Yes, I will accept the results" so THAT is what is wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Maybe it's because the Brennan Center has taken millions in grant money, over the last 20 years, from George Soros' OSF: Link

Well NPO's can't operate without money and donations right? Though I'm not surprised you are taking the easy route to try to disprove this. You can't argue with the content so you present some red herring about who funds them.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This is what drives me up a wall about Donald Trump. He vomits diarrhea from his mouth and smart people such as you defend his idiocy like its an intelligent opinion coming from someone who actually thought about the consequences of his words and their implications. So you offer a perspective through YOUR eyes versus someone who is just saying stuff to make people angry and because he is a sore loser.

This latest gaff, with how unprecedented and un-American it is, should have been the final straw to break the Trump back and get the whole country against him, but instead we have people defending his sly way of trying to buttress up an excuse to de-legitimize the election.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

No, what you are trying to do is assume that your logic and supposed facts are correct. To you they may very well be. To me, and many others, this is not the case.

link   

Right losing is losing,..whomever is claiming it under whatever pretenses and contrary evidence.

Trust but Verify

What are you talking about? Trump is making it clear that he doesn't even trust the elections. He's not even planning on verifying this distrust.

"Yes, I will accept the results" so THAT is what is wrong.

What is wrong with it? Its not like it blocks Hillary from winning or anything. Outside of making PC people and political purists butthurt, whats wrong with it?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

No, what you are trying to do is assume that your logic and supposed facts are correct. To you they may very well be. To me, and many others, this is not the case.

Yea yea. I know already. Trump supporters play from a different deck of "facts" then the rest of reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

Trust but Verify

"Yes, I will accept the results" so THAT is what is wrong.

What is wrong with it? Its not like it blocks Hillary from winning or anything. Outside of making PC people and political purists butthurt, whats wrong with it?

Before I answer that question, I have a non-partisan question for you. Do you know how important American precedent is in American politics?

link   

Agree with this, that people ascribe to Trump far more purpose or intellect or integrity than he actually has. He's not thinking as deeply as his supporters. He's thinking about money, spotlight and power, that's it. Not even sure of the order.

link   

Things change. *shrug*

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join