It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is now a 17yr old boy that been chosen to be the face of Cover Girl.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: 4003fireglo

What are you going to do? Shoot the computer?

Eh, why not? That would be the textbook American thing to do, the world expects stupid reactions from us.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420
a reply to: MagicCow

What's next, David Duke as Black Man of the Year by Time Magazine...?

There's much more than just "marketing" to this.

Step by step...

"Mommy my friends at school say it's wrong for boys to have ding dongs"

It's on it's way.

Yes. all that and

Your response had absolutely nothing to do with my post.

You obviously have no children or you would realize the implications that this type of agenda has when being spoon fed to our children. They are confused enough as it is and many are no longer allowed to say boy or girl in their "learning institutions" and all that other type of crap.

If you can't see it it's because you choose not to.

I listened to boy George once and next thing you knew I was wearing my mom's high heal shoes and a polaroid was snapped, they still make fun of me to this day about and some still think I'm a "closet case". I had people telling me I was gay, I wasn't, but due to my naive self (5 years old) I was almost convinced that I was.

Back to the future...I am happily married with children and am only attracted to women.

The LGBT agenda with the hands of the media and other ignorant people almost had me thinking I like boys as a five year old. This is why this kind of stuff bothers me, most kids are not able to differentiate what their true feelings are and at that age you shouldn't be making those decisions nor should you be influenced.

Just be yourself...unlike this coverboy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Are you trying to say that because someone ribbed you for an old early childhood photo, gay is responsible for your problems?

I think you just never dealt with having a normal kid taunting aimed at you, and are probably just in need of both a spine & some self-esteem.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow
a reply to: peck420

So you feel this is just a marketing ploy in under to campaign for
untouched dollars that could be flowing in?
No message intended for us - just corporate greed?

Yes, and lots and lots of attention.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It's a line from a play.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Eh, why not? That would be the textbook American thing to do, the world expects stupid reactions from us.

German, actually. Very very German.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

Lol, wow, fooled me!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

No, I think he means to say - if I may be so bold as to know what he is thinking.

Is that children are influenced by whats around them.
If whats around them and what they are told over and over again or shown over and over again -
in line with psychic driving in the form of propaganda through music - movies - tv - magazines.
There is a stronger chance of outcomes that were never thought of that will happen.

Never in my history do i recall the amount of kids that consider themselves at even younger and younger ages to be members of the opposite sex - becoming gender neutral and what not.

It's to the point now that if you're a professor you can be dismissed from your position for using the wrong gender identifier..
Companies like Cover Girl can reach millions of impressionable people that are seeking to be accepted in one way or another.

Is it wrong? is it right? Is there a line in the sand?

Also i'm tired and bored to death of the "Make up has been worn since the dawn of time".
Those makeups were worn to signify status and enhance beauty in court and what have you..
That is not what we are talking about here.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Are you trying to say that because someone ribbed you for an old early childhood photo, gay is responsible for your problems?

No, that's not what I am saying at all. You're incorrectly portraying me as someone who has problems, is this self projection? Are you gay?

I think you just never dealt with having a normal kid taunting aimed at you, and are probably just in need of both a spine & some self-esteem.

More self projections?

I dealt with it fine. As previously mentioned I sorted out the confusion that no 5 year old child should endure. Sure there are worse things that can happen, but it was difficult as a five year old kid to have half your family and friends ridicule you.

You would not call me spineless to my face, I guarantee you that.

As for self esteem - I'm freaking awesome bro

Sorry if I hit a nerve kiddo.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Lol, wow, fooled me!

Look up the quote. It's not accurate, but who cares? No one, really. I mean, look. I live in the USA. Texas. Gun culture, right? But the USA doesn't have one single unifying culture. We have many different cultures trying to live together, sometimes some folks try to become the dominant culture by way of social tyranny. Religious groups, PC advocates, small business owners, corporations, whatever. One of these days, one of them might win, like Taco Bell did in Demolition Man. Now, when that happens, I'm gonna be living underground eating rat burgers with biscuits and gravy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Lol, wow, fooled me!

Look up the quote. It's not accurate, but who cares? No one, really. I mean, look. I live in the USA. Texas. Gun culture, right? But the USA doesn't have one single unifying culture. We have many different cultures trying to live together, sometimes some folks try to become the dominant culture by way of social tyranny. Religious groups, PC advocates, small business owners, corporations, whatever. One of these days, one of them might win, like Taco Bell did in Demolition Man. Now, when that happens, I'm gonna be living underground eating rat burgers with biscuits and gravy.

HAHAHA I'll be right there with you.
Such a great movie of impossible camp.
I hope they never try to remake it.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wanted to show people what the child looked like if they did not know.
If you consider information lame regardless of its medium than that's lame.
For future purposes where would you like me to link from that I can stand
on high horse with you?

You didn't want to show what he looks like with that video. You wanted to show someone else's spin on the situation, because the link with the photo that Krazysh0t posted includes an accompanying article with thoughts and facts on the matter from the "child" himself instead. Pretending otherwise is pretty pointless, considering the overall hyperbolic tone of the OP.

The fact is, he's a makeup artist and model who landed a very lucrative contract with one of the top names in the beauty industry, and he does professional makeup for photo shoots for a living. He is not some little boy playing dress-up to shock people, nor is does his career path have anything to do with his sexual preferences, both of which are being heavily implied here. This is a huge break for him in his career path. Only someone who wishes to stir up conflict with baseless assumption and ignorant stereotyping would see an ulterior motive here.
edit on 31573America/ChicagoWed, 12 Oct 2016 15:57:57 -050031pm31285America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

(post by Tempter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

OK.

So - you think he's a good role model for boys and girls of impressionable age.
Now you have stated your opinion.

Do you believe that those that don't agree with your line of thinking are totalitarian, ignorant bigots?
Also I did show what he looks like - because that's the person he represents himself to be.
Beyond the deeper meaning you placed i originally only considered so they could see him as in
what he looks like. Not see the deeper inner him that fought so hard for blah blah blah...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Lol, wow, fooled me!

HAHAHA I'll be right there with you.
Such a great movie of impossible camp.
I hope they never try to remake it.

Oh, that's one movie no one could ever remake!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If a 17 year old boy wants to be on the cover of "Covergirl" magazine, then let him.

I think it's weird.

But then again, most of this metrosexual stuff I find weird.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Fair enough.
So you don't consider any other far reaching implications of this?
It's just a boy that wants to look like a girl and it's all A OK?
If so that is also a great answer and many feel the same way you do.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Aw, so kind of you to ask. No, not gay, not that it matters anyway. What you had that failed you was s#ty parents and adult role models, and equally so of your friends who, if truly at FIVE years old, were pulling sexuality taunts on you.

And to carry it around bitterly your entire life does indeed show issues with you. You're scapegoating an easy target for the failings of others around you & your inability to deal.

Edit: Sorry. Don't mean to, as you say, strike a nerve.
edit on 10/12/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Who does it hurt besides nobody?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Fair enough.
So you don't consider any other far reaching implications of this?
It's just a boy that wants to look like a girl and it's all A OK?
If so that is also a great answer and many feel the same way you do.

I don't care what you or anyone wants to look like.

As long as no one ever forces me to look a certain way, I'm cool with it.

I'll look at you funny, but freedom because freedom.

As for far reaching implications? hahahahaha

Didn't Jonny Depp start the eye make up 15 years ago with his pirate movies? The world didn't end then.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join