It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is now a 17yr old boy that been chosen to be the face of Cover Girl.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All valid points you and many share.
Thank you for coming on in and spending some time with us.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: MagicCow

i dont wear makeup, dont know any other men that do but i can tell you now, if i had a friend that did he would no longer be my friend. if my wife wears any covergirl products that is coming to an end as of today, matter of fact im about to go thru the bathroom and clear out anything made by them. to much gay crap gping on anymore. i use to think it was bad listening to these sick perverted jokes i hear at work every day(far worse then anything Trump said in the van with that Bush dude)but running into these sickos on the street thinking its cool to be gay. wtf is the world coming too really?

While you're at it, you probably want to boycott every television show with male actors in it too, because they all wear makeup. That includes all news broadcasts, reality shows, cooking shows and travel shows. That also cuts out every single movie with males on camera, including documentaries. Every last one of those guys are wearing makeup. Better not vote for a male candidate either, because they wear makeup for every single public appearance. Therefore, by your logic, every single male actor, politician, survival guide, home improvement expert, weather announcer, field reporter, musician, professional wrestler...and any other man who is paid to stand or sit in front of a camera is also gay.

That cuts out a whole lot of the entertainment industry. Then, you'll want to purge your list of favorite restaurants too...lots of makeup wearing gay boys in the food industry, don't you know. And, naturally, you'll want to vet all of your clothing designers...the gayness is strong in that industry, too. Those sneaky gay makeup wearers are just everywhere. You could even be working with one of them every day and never even know it.

Hell...if you set out to eliminate every possible drop of glitter and gayness from your life, you'd probably find yourself with a sudden, overwhelming abundance of free time on your hands. Maybe you could find an author who doesn't wear makeup to book signings and catch up on some light reading, maybe take up a safe hobby or two.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The way I look at it is it doesn't matter what someone else does unless it prohibits what you do. So if another guy wants to wear pink dresses then it's fine with me. IF however I'm prohibited from wearing traditional male clothing then my freedoms are being restricted and I'm not ok. Thus far, nothing like that has happened; next please... I have a close gay friend, so I'm familiar wiht some of this. Personally don't see anything wrong with what Cover Girl is doing unless it's illegal for a magazine to be less than 100% inclusive. For example, if I want my hunting magazine to only show camo and outdoor clothing then I shouldn't be forced to also have everything else people wear in this world. My magazine is hunting exclusively and by its nature is not inclusive.
edit on 10/12/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: luke1212

In other words...who cares? Oh, other than your wife, who you seem to have some sort of stranglehold on.

lol man.
best line in the thread.

when i read his post i thought yeah, his ole lady probably has it rough
edit on 12-10-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

Now for devils advocate - people are products of their environment and raising.
Isn't it over kill at this point?
GAY is now almost more normal than straight if you believe television/movies/magazines.

Do you see how much interest your thread generated?

Obviously, many still have issues with it.

Accepting people for who they are, especially if your upbringing/culture considers them an abomination - - - still has a long way to go.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Links would help.

I think I saw a pic you might be referring to. Seems like society wants us all to be androgynous.

edit on 12-10-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow
In a world where everything seems to be turning on it's side.
Where men are women and women are men and some men are 7yr old girls.
When this this stop?
Is this part of the politically correct inclusion for all?
Is this just shock and awe marketing?
Does this just set us closer to the demoralizing of our culture?

What are you thoughts on this new event from such an established brand?
Does it send the wrong message to girls and boys?
Does it send a message at all?

(I do not know how to embed but if you so please by all means)

Oh my god! My penis, it's disappeared, quick, everyone go outside and chop some firewood before it happens to you! Quick! Before covergirl turns you androgynous too!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wish Covergirl would make me androgynous. I'm too much of a, well, let's say bear to be androgynous. Maybe I could be androgynous if I shaved, but I dunno.

I wore makeup once in the early 90s for a friend's video project. He was an R/TV/F major and I starred as a cross dresser, pig tails and all (my hair was long, all the way down to my waste, err I mean waist). I ended up going to Whataburger (Denton, TX) and no one even gave a frak. Got a bunch of phone numbers that night, though. SCORE!

I dunno. I grew up when Alice Cooper was just getting popular (the stuff he did with his original band was great!) but he didn't confuse me. David Bowie didn't, either. Looking back, a lot of guy bands back then wore makeup and gender bended. Nothing wrong with it. I say it's a great thing if this kid has found his niche at 17. Bravo.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Meh...it's just a company trying to capitalize on another market that hasn't been capitalized on. Shocked there was never a "gothgirl/gothboy" from them.

If they can sell makeup to both sexes then think of the profits...that's all any company their size really cares about.

They are about to reap some big rewards from this campaign methinks....

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Meh...it's just a company trying to capitalize on another market that hasn't been capitalized on. Shocked there was never a "gothgirl/gothboy" from them.

If they can sell makeup to both sexes then think of the profits...that's all any company their size really cares about.

Yes, skincare for men is one of the fastest growing markets.

Of course the bottom line is money. But, timing is crucial.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Some people just won't be happy until the entire planet is gay.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Is he gay?

The boy on the cover?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I dont really care about this stuff. I just dont understand why people cant accept the card they have been dealt and live as they were created by design. So many people are trying to be who they arent. Its an cancerous habit that has infected almost every part of society now. Its just plain weird
edit on 12-10-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's just another peg in the "de-correlation" project.

It's cynical - no doubt, because it is being done not simply to benefit a single brand - but because it is generally "confusing" differences. If feeling is all that people turn to to "make sense" of things, then markerters and capitalists are in good shape: people who don't think clearly and who simply affirm whatever it is they feel are likely to be attracted and made desirous again and again by stupefying magazines like covergirl and and stupefying culture it promotes - again, in typical elitst fashion - at the expense of the vast majority.

It's odd; they have moved from the "generate insecurity" to "generate egotism/vanity" - yet the effect is probably largely the same. The last-effort of a culture to maintain a profit, yet losing more and more ground to moral self-awareness.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

sorry, males born male have wearing makeup for quite some time now...through many era's,
nothing new...all been done...
androgyny non- genderising characteristics has been a ''thing'' with modeling/entertainment industry for awhile now..., Rebel Rebel, David Bowie and Androgyny by the musical artist Garbage sums up what the last 40 years?
prettying up is a non-gender issue..as humans can let inner beauty shine through...IMHO..make up is for fun or as some cultures believe a protection from evil eye and such...or to keep the glaring sun reflecting away from harming eyesight...or give one a healthy appearance..possibly assuring employers that one can handle heavy amounts of workload for longs hours on feet lifting 50lbs or more..ect...
seems this James person is a makeup artist and has lots of fun with his art form...maybe his focus is on looking magical and that is a non gender issue...he found employment with what he loves...something most of us want...so i celebrate his good fortune!

I came across a simple article while researching online that answered a couple of questions I did not even know I had about cosmetics in the ancient society. I can not say I was surprised to learn that make-up application was a daily practice in which both men and women participated in, but I was a bit stunned when I learned that the eye cosmetics held significance in medicinal, magical, and spiritual practices along with the ornamental ideas we recognize today.

Source for Anthropology studies

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Not to mention the various substances can apply to skin to help keep the skin hydrated and healthy.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchenexactly! rugged males/folks working in extreme and or any weather nearing hot/cold dry/humid weather conditions need to tend to dry skin/hair issues...not just for vanity and yet when looking for a love match, keeping care of skin and hair shows that you care about your overall health!
cosmetic applications are very ancient for various reasons...thanks for reminding me! I get dry skin from inner health issues and that is for another thread concerning well being.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It's over kill ...from every angle....unless my whole life has been some sort of delusion....most men I've ever known dislike alot of make-up on women, get annoyed if you take too long putting it on and would never bother putting it on, other then maybe Halloween.

The entertainment business, closely connected to the fashion and make-up industry is a World in itself, and it's POWERFUL, for better or worse...free speech. Does it represent most people, I don't think so...the point has been made that make-up is worn for THEATER in some form or another through the ages by both males and females and it continues to this day....God Bless this kid, I honestly wish him everything good, he's talented.

I don't like it, my 24yr old daughter gave it a thumbs down, which surprised me actually.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Is he gay?

The boy on the cover?

Yes....here is a quote from one of his Tweets:

PRIDE 🌈 tag an ally or your fav LGBTQIA+ bff 😊 ___ wanted to do this look in honor of this month being pride month! proud to be gay. I'll be attending the pride festival this Saturday in Albany NY if anyone wants to come say hi!

Source

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yes, skincare for men is one of the fastest growing markets.

Of course the bottom line is money. But, timing is crucial.

This isn't exactly a "skincare for men" type of promo. If you take a look at his tweets and his persona, he isn't really going after the typical heterosexual male....this campaign is solely to gain the market of the LGBTQ community which is LARGE and has not had representation like this before....I am SURE it was about the dollar signs.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join