It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is now a 17yr old boy that been chosen to be the face of Cover Girl.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

That's an incredibly strong stance and one I feel many more
people on this site feel also but are just too afraid to say.

link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: MagicCow
In a world where everything seems to be turning on it's side.
Where men are women and women are men and some men are 7yr old girls.
When this this stop?
Is this part of the politically correct inclusion for all?
Is this just shock and awe marketing?
Does this just set us closer to the demoralizing of our culture?

What are you thoughts on this new event from such an established brand?
Does it send the wrong message to girls and boys?
Does it send a message at all?

www.youtube.com...

(I do not know how to embed but if you so please by all means)
For reference, several hundred years ago it was as normal for men to wear makeup as women.

And heels and wigs! The HORRORS!

link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: MagicCow

i dont wear makeup, dont know any other men that do but i can tell you now, if i had a friend that did he would no longer be my friend. if my wife wears any covergirl products that is coming to an end as of today, matter of fact im about to go thru the bathroom and clear out anything made by them. to much gay crap gping on anymore. i use to think it was bad listening to these sick perverted jokes i hear at work every day(far worse then anything Trump said in the van with that Bush dude)but running into these sickos on the street thinking its cool to be gay. wtf is the world coming too really?

You sound rational, and like someone Covergirl would want to use their billion dollar product line.

In other words...who cares? Oh, other than your wife, who you seem to have some sort of stranglehold on.

link   
a reply to: reldra

i agree, wasnt it said in the end times it will be as it was in the days of Noah. from what i see happening around the world, the whole lgbt agenda, the BLM, the crap happening in the middle east getting worse every year,the natural disasters getting worse, the end must be getting close.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalVigilante420

What's next, David Duke as Black Man of the Year by Time Magazine...?

There's much more than just "marketing" to this.

Step by step...

"Mommy my friends at school say it's wrong for boys to have ding dongs"

It's on it's way.

Yes. all that and

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

Oh good lord.

Ellen Degeneres has been a face for Covergirl, since, like, 2008.

You let your wife get away with using their products for 8 years with a *gasp* gay woman marketing them!

The horror!

edit on 12-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

i dont wear makeup, dont know any other men that do but i can tell you now, if i had a friend that did he would no longer be my friend. if my wife wears any covergirl products that is coming to an end as of today, matter of fact im about to go thru the bathroom and clear out anything made by them. to much gay crap gping on anymore. i use to think it was bad listening to these sick perverted jokes i hear at work every day(far worse then anything Trump said in the van with that Bush dude)but running into these sickos on the street thinking its cool to be gay. wtf is the world coming too really?

Tough stance. Good. I figure we can all hold our own beliefs and SHOULD be able to state them for discussion without being bashed to death. I dont agree with you, but admire your confidence to state your position.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: primespickle

Not debating whether or not makeup has been used.
Too many people commenting on this post are leading with
"well it's been done since the dawn of age" as their argument.

My question maybe I need to be more clear -
Does a 17yr old boy being a brand ambassador for a company
known exclusively as a company for women say anything to the
general public?
Will children see this and be swayed?

IMO - - it says "It's OK to be You"

So - - yes - - very positive for kids.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I appreciate your comment.
very easy and to the point and feels "right".

Now for devils advocate - people are products of their environment and raising.
Isn't it over kill at this point?
GAY is now almost more normal than straight if you believe television/movies/magazines.

edit on 12-10-2016 by MagicCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

i agree, wasnt it said in the end times it will be as it was in the days of Noah. from what i see happening around the world, the whole lgbt agenda, the BLM, the crap happening in the middle east getting worse every year,the natural disasters getting worse, the end must be getting close.

Should we put a spooky sounding date on it? I vote January 31, 2019. Wait no. The Masons like the number 3, or is that Tesla? Doesn't matter. How about March 3, 2023?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: primespickle

Not debating whether or not makeup has been used.
Too many people commenting on this post are leading with
"well it's been done since the dawn of age" as their argument.

My question maybe I need to be more clear -
Does a 17yr old boy being a brand ambassador for a company
known exclusively as a company for women say anything to the
general public?
Will children see this and be swayed?

IMO - - it says "It's OK to be You"

So - - yes - - very positive for kids.

But makeup is fake. It isn't "you".
It hides you behind a mask.

And that kid's faking his voice too. I find it hard to believe that's how he actually talks. He's copying it off others and pretending to fit in.

It's negative for everyone to promote fakery and call it "being you".

Oh but everythings been fake since the dawn of time Flash...
Yeah well I keep it Real.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ted Bundy was beng him.

Putting on a mask doesn't make you you any more than getting a tattoo does, or wearing certain clothing does.

The reality is that the real you is underneath all that aesthetic clobber, and those are just the 'physical' masks people wear.

Nope, no amount of fake anything ever made you 'you'.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
so what, there have been gay make up artists and fashion designers as long as there has been make up and fashion.

Any little boy who is "swayed" by anything related to cover girl, didn't need to be swayed, they're interests were already there. Most boys don't give a # about the make up world.

Cover girl wanted publicity through controversy, you gave it to them.
edit on 10pm02pm312016-10-12T14:48:28-05:0002America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So don't buy their magazine anymore. Oh wait, you are a guy and you probably don't buy it anyways right? Looks like this is a non-issue to you.

It's a make up brand, not a magazine. Just thought you might want to know.

Aside from that, I think it's a non-issue for everyone and I don't get why anyone would be bothered by it. It's just sensible marketing.

They do in fact have a magazine. Though, true, the point of this will be commercials and print ads.

Covergirl cosmetics has a magazine?

I just went to their website and the closest I could find was a newsletter. I'm interested...do you have a link?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

They struggle with insecurities and have serious social issues.

People become so worried and stressed over what others think of them and their appearances that they'll take all sorts of absurd risks and do dumb things just to fit in.

I thought about getting a tattoo before, but realized why would I do that? To be cool, to show others a little personality, for them? It wouldn't be for me because I already know me and like me, I'd hurt myself and damage my skin so others could see my little graffiti message. I don't need that, I'm good enough the way I was born, dam everyone else if it comes to that.

What is fitting in worth?
Nothing!

All the shallow fakes will turn their back on you in a heartbeat, loyalty and honesty are traits of Real people that are secure in who they are and don't need to show you a facade to gain your approval.

Here's a video I watched today, it's worth the 10min, it was good. It sorta applies in a few ways. Look for the deeper messages.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Have fun with it, kid. Face paint is face paint, it's been around for ages on both genders.

i dont wear makeup, dont know any other men that do but i can tell you now, if i had a friend that did he would no longer be my friend.

With a reaction like that, I'd wonder what you bring to any friendship. Shallow, man, that's not something to aim for. I'd assume you'd not bother with having anything to do with women who don't wear make-up, too, amirite? Opposites of the norm are bad is what you're advertising here.

if my wife wears any covergirl products that is coming to an end as of today, matter of fact im about to go thru the bathroom and clear out anything made by them. to much gay crap gping on anymore. i use to think it was bad listening to these sick perverted jokes i hear at work every day(far worse then anything Trump said in the van with that Bush dude)but running into these sickos on the street thinking its cool to be gay. wtf is the world coming too really?

So make-up equals gay? Since when? Tell that to the empires of the past, where kings, emperors and pharaohs dolled up. BTW, real men don't tell their wives what to wear.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Real men don't have wives.

they have multiple girlfriends and a ferrari.

And a beard.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

culture

If you could see me now, you'd see me reaching for my revolver.

As for this magazine and what its cover looks like, well, i *could* care less, but i don't.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This all reminds me of a good story. It wasn't pushy. It shows.

The Death Artist - by Alexander Jablokov.

www.isfdb.org - Title: The Death Artist ...

Not sure if you can find it online. It's hard to recommend stories without ruining them. It has always clung to my memory and I've read a lot of shortfiction. Those minis have some of the best s***.
edit on 10/12/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

What are you going to do? Shoot the computer?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join