It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Podesta email leak Edgar Mitchell ETI claim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Here too, a citation would be good as a basis for the conversation.

Easy enough -- how about you read his full report on the results of his Apollo-14 ESP experiment, and we can discuss whether he was justified in claiming success, or was just imagining things. It's a good place to start since the assumption of his good judgment on such topics is the underpinning of a lot of conclusions. Let's test it.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Easy enough -- how about you read his full report on the results of his Apollo-14 ESP experiment, and we can discuss whether he was justified in claiming success, or was just imagining things. It's a good place to start since the assumption of his good judgment on such topics is the underpinning of a lot of conclusions. Let's test it.

I want to make schuyler post my own words:

originally posted by: schuyler
Of course Mitchell did not set up an experiment that could match your high standards. He had an amateur interest in the subject and did what he could. He had no peer review, no academic oversight, not a lot of time to set it up, and no particular expertise in designing an experiment of this sort. To call his experiment "bogus" as a result is, I think, unfair. He has to deal not only with people like you, who will fault him on many minor points, but also with people who believe such a thing is impossible and dismiss it out of hand.

Mitchell's solution of pairing sequences seems to me to be as valid as any other. If you've seriously dealt with paranormal phenomena, you know that precise "timing" is often beside the point. It's force fitting a paranormal phenomenon into a normal one. Even physicist are unsure what "time" really is and suggest it isn't real at all, but a product of the human mind. besides, it's not as if Mitchell could go back and re-do his experiment. And if he claimed a correlation that you disavow, so what? Hasn't it been shown that half the stuff that appears in scientific journals is invalid anyway, despite "perfect" statistical method?

You're being way too picky. I suspect you could find fault with any experiment ever designed. He accomplished a hell of a lot during his life, and he has been mis-represented countless times by critics who really weren't listening to what he had to say. You don't really need to add fuel to this fire. No one is likely to think more highly of you because you have.

-->www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enough said.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

I don't know how long Mr Mitchell has to live but I hope his dementia prevents him from continuing his blabbing, soon I hope.

He doesn't know anything! He was an astronaut and excelled at what he did. But he did not develop any special powers, he hasn't found out anything that isn't already known, he spreads fear ("Because the War in Space race is heating up, ..."), he has never met at alien or even seen a UFO ("... our nonviolent ETI from the contiguous universe are helping us bring zero point energy to Earth.") he made that up out of whole cloth!. He's a blabber-mouth that believes everything he's told and then he perpetuates it regardless of how ridiculous it sounds.

And like Stanton Friedman who has gone off the deep end with his constant reminder that he WAS a nuklear physicist, now Mitchell has jumped on the wagon with his sign-off, as follows:

Best regards,
Edgar Edgar D. Mitchell, ScD
Apollo 14 astronaut
6th man to walk on the Moon
Zero Point Energy Consultant

In my opinion aside from appreciating his accomplishments, now I think he's a loser. And John Podesta is a traitor, his resume speaks for itself.

edit on 8-10-2016 by klassless because: To add text.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

How about we let the public record speak about Mitchell's sanity? I wouldn't bet any amount that anything that Mitchell attempted while in space, aside from his official duties, had any positive result. ESP has never produced results that could be taken to the bank. But Mitchell is highly gullible. Take a gander:

One of Mr. Jonsson most famous extrasensory experiments occurred during NASA's Apollo 14 mission to the moon, when he collaborated with astronaut Edgar D. Mitchell. Mitchell arranged a set of ESP cards with different symbols on them from his space capsule, and Mr. Jonsson tried to picture the sequence of the cards from thousands of miles away. He named the cards in the correct order about half the time, a score far higher than pure chance would allow.

Shouldn't a psychic worth his salt be more than 50% correct? And ESP cards! Give me a break.

How did it come about that you decided to do ESP experiments while on­ your mission?

It happened about three weeks before the mission. I met some research physicists, Drs. Boyle and Maxie, who were very interested in the field, and suggested to me that this would be an ideal time to do the experiment. They gathered and coordinated everything; I was too busy for that. In addition to the two of them, there was a reputable psychic that they knew, and Olof Jonsson, who was a well-known public psychic in Chicago. We practiced a few times with the principl­es before the flight. As far as we know, it doesn't take­ any expertise at all, except relaxation and focus, and the ability of individuals to intuitively resonate with someone else.

On June 29, 2011, the federal government of the United States filed a lawsuit against Mitchell in the United States district court in Miami, Florida after discovering that he placed a camera used on Apollo 14 for auction at the auction house Bonhams. The litigation requested the camera be returned to NASA. Mitchell's position was that NASA had given him the camera as a gift upon the completion of the Apollo 14 mission. Bonhams withdrew the camera from auction.[11] In October 2011, attorneys representing the government and Mitchell reached a settlement agreement, and Mitchell agreed to return the camera to NASA, which in turn would donate it for display at the National Air and Space Museum.[12] On September 20, 2012, Congress enacted H.R. 4158, confirming full ownership rights of artifacts to astronauts on Apollo (and Mercury and Gemini) space missions.

It's OUR camera, Mr Mitchell! Our tax dollars paid for it. But the thieves in Washington don't honor it. The camera does not belong in these categories: "expendable, disposable, or personal-use items utilized by such an astronaut"

Remote healing[edit]
Mitchell claimed that a teenage remote healer living in Vancouver and using the pseudonym "Adam Dreamhealer" helped him heal kidney cancer from a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy, "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December 2003 until June 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since".[18]

The "psychic" bs just doesn't stop. So, it's Edgar B.S. Mitchell in my book.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

His judgement is better than yours, Jim. You've attacked any astronauts who acknowledged alien contact was a reality, and now the evidence is mounting that you've been wrong about aliens for decades.

Now you're shamelessly dragging old experiments into the conversation? LOL, does that still work on anybody? "Hey, forget aliens, let's examine some parking tickets these astronauts got fifty years ago!"

Frankly I'm elated that you're watching your stories and smear tactics fail as the truth comes out. But then again, I value the truth.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: klassless

I don't know how long Mr Mitchell has to live but I hope his dementia prevents him from continuing his blabbing, soon I hope.

He's dead, bright guy. And we don't know how long you have to live, but your dementia sure hasn't slowed your babbling down.

And you live up to your name with venomous posts like this. You live up to your name, you're as classless as Phil Klass was. Thank goodness his babbling stopped, right?
edit on 8-10-2016 by billydebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RUSSO

Great post Russo, some of us can see disinformation for what it is, but thank you for pointing it out so clearly.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: collietta

Right now, if aliens were to make themselves known, they would be killed. Just look how people treat each other when any of us dares to be different. An alien would be killed on sight.

Um, you are aware that aliens have been here for over seventy years, right? And that you can't kill them at all, right?

They are in complete control of every encounter, man, look into it and check back later.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

The only startling item in these posts is a second-hand claim that Mitchell admitted being part of a UFO coverup.

Whew, good thing you wouldn't know anything about being part of a UFO coverup, right? We can depend on you.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Edgar Mitchell walked on the moon, but you claim he is brainwashed by Carol Rosin? Now that is a new one....

Not for him.
If Jim Oberg tells you it's sunny outside, bring your umbrella. And a snow-shovel.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Nope. just that Mitchell was a very open-minded person, and believed a lot of stories told him over the years.

Thank goodness no one believes the stories told about him. Ahem.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

He died in February.

His belief in extra terrestrial intelligence, a UFO presence on Earth and other slightly whacky theories are well known, but he never claimed to have met or seen anything himself. He just met people who claimed they had. Those people haven't either.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RUSSO
I want to make schuyler post my own words:
In a way it's unfortunate you re-posted what schuyler said, because I've enjoyed reading many of schuyler's posts and think he has made many good points.

However that may be the most ignorant post he has ever made or it's at least the most ignorant I recall reading, and you don't do yourself any service by hitching on to such an ignorant post.

Part of the fundamental problem of ignorance in schuyler's post is this "us versus them" mentality and statements like "You're being way too picky. I suspect you could find fault with any experiment ever designed."

The fact is even researchers who claim psi exists like the esteemed Daryl Bem realize the long history of researchers of psi topics not being picky enough, so if you or schuyler knew anything about this topic you'd realize the long history of problems in psi research that professionals are quite aware of, even non-skeptics like Bem. This is a quote from his "Feeling the Future" paper:

Feeling The Future

Although our colleagues in other disciplines would probably agree with the oft-quoted dictum that “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence,” we psychologists are more likely to be familiar with the methodological and statistical requirements for sustaining such claims and aware of previous claims that failed either to meet those requirements or to survive the test of successful replication. Several other reasons for our greater skepticism are discussed by Bem and Honorton (1994, pp. 4–5).
Much greater care was put into those failed claims in the history of psi research than was put into Mitchell's amateurish effort but at least that's one saving grace of schuyler's post, he admits it's an amateur effort and it should have stopped there but I don't know why he goes on to defend it.

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
he never claimed to have met or seen anything himself. He just met people who claimed they had.
Exactly, so I don't see why some people get so excited about what Mitchell says when he doesn't claim to have seen anything himself. Other people told him stuff. I can't say I'm surprised by these e-mails.

originally posted by: billydebunker
Um, you are aware that aliens have been here for over seventy years, right? And that you can't kill them at all, right?

They are in complete control of every encounter, man, look into it and check back later.
I have looked into Edgar Mitchel's claims which are the topic of this thread and OneBigMonkeyToo is right that Mitchell never claimed to have seen any aliens himself. Other people told him stuff. Other people told me stuff too, like your post saying there are aliens, but I see nothing to back up your alien claims nor did Mitchell ever provide anything to back up his claims.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

When you become a national hero like Dr. Mitchell, then maybe someone will allow a little more credibility to your comment.. Yeah

He is an ex astronaut not a Saint , being a "National Hero " doesn't mean he isn't prone to flights of fancy.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

All you need to do to have some serious self-thoughts about the matter of our ET overlords is to review the many accounts from former Air Force officers about UFOs that hung over restricted aircraft zones above missile silos AND scrambled the codes of the missiles "safely" stored down below under yards of concrete.

They have allowed us to test their limits and I fear, as did Mitchell, their patience is wearing thin as we can't seem to discard the stick of pure aggression in its several forms.

Not a religious person here, but the ancient records both in the Bible and elsewhere clearly indicate that even in the days when weapons of war were swords and bows that the ETs did take drastic actions against some aspects of "humanity."

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

or...how about he stays on topic and discusses the OP of the thread instead of taking a different direction?

Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just to stay on topic, forgetting Mitchell's flights of fancy ( attention seeking, writing a book, disinfo, T'ever) the point is why is he sending emails to podesta? Very formal "oh let's not forget the aliens we were all talking about last week", Released a month before the election? ( forgetting podesatas real/otherwise interest in all things ufoish ) this wouldn't even work in a bad conspiracy/sci fi movie, I can't even rate on a scale how ridiculous this, if the narrative don't fit you must say bullsh// ..

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There are some fascinating replies to this thread that I never expected! Thanks to everyone who contributed!

I believe that no matter what his personal beliefs were, or what motivations Mitchell may have had, there are some intriguing aspects to this.

I mean, the man did walk on the moon! Which, to me, is still an amazing thing. I suppose ultimately it was his particular phrasing that caught my attention. How he stated matter-of-factly to the person that there are ETIs. That they reside in a universe (dimension?) "next" to our own. I believe that this can be construed in a number of ways should this theory be taken seriously. As in:

It's true that throughout history countless numbers of people truly believe that there are gods, or one "God" who resides in a place that is accessible when one dies. Though this "place" also exists and is filled with beings, souls, energy, angels, demons, aliens, or whatever you wish to call it, parallel to our own "place" or "reality".

Some have posited that this "contiguous universe" could be construed as "heaven", "hell", or even both. It could also be viewed as a place where the Interdimensional "beings" that Jacques Vallee talked about exist.

Is it true? I have zero proof. And neither does anyone on this planet (if they do then they haven't been able to absolutely prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have such proof) though many "believe" certain things.

Perhaps one day such proof will absolutely manifest itself in our "reality" to remove all doubt from everyone. Until then, we can only hope, wonder, and one day when we all die will find out for ourselves what mysteries lay beyond the grave, and possibly discover the truth about life, the universe(s), and everything!

a reply to: Aliensun

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

i'm not sure why this doesn't sound credible to you. Are you unaware that aliens are here? And that our government is aware of that fact? Then what's the problem?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
NICE!
Zero Point Energy!

Just like Stargate!... in Actuality the Einstein-Rosen bridge is entirely possible.

The Zed P M..

@: Aliensun
""Some have posited that this "contiguous universe" could be construed as "heaven", "hell", or even both. It could also be viewed as a place where the Interdimensional "beings" that Jacques Vallee talked about exist.""

SEE LINK BELOW
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-10-2016 by Icecreamachine because: Insert comment

edit on 8-10-2016 by Icecreamachine because: edit

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join