It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Podesta email leak Edgar Mitchell ETI claim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: AutOmatIc

The following information in italics was shared with me by my colleague Carol Rosin , who worked closely for several years with Wernher von Braun before his death.
Carol and I have worked on the Treaty on the Prevention of the Placement of Weapons in Outer Space, attached for your convenience.

A dubious source and standard fair from Edgar Mitchell I think.

When you become a national hero like Dr. Mitchell, then maybe someone will allow a little more credibility to your comment.. Yeah

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Wikileaks source needs to be verifed properly, that's near all I can say thus far.
However even if true, the text is really a personal affair, and a response to some space treaty forum discussion.
I will say that, 'soldier satellites' are easily within the realm of any discussion from any source.
About a ten year budget, 2015 to 2025 that's pretty much a government norm, while that's not quite the way it is worded in the OP.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Edgar Mitchell is on the record as being part of a
long standing disinformation front to the public.

More proof that everything from the Clinton's
is just propaganda, and lies.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I dont like Clinton either but I want to quote iTruthSeeker about the disinfo stuff you claim:

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Edgar entered the credibility range of Mr. Lear, and Captain Lazar in the last 20 years of his existence...

The thing is, if he came out and told the public these things, sure. But the fact that it is in a private email...Why would he do that if there weren't some truth to it?

What kind of disinfo tatics is this? In a private convo?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

WTF, does anybody need this?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RUSSO

I had to track down the links, but did find the article.
Posting the three most significant paragraphs in the article
in keeping with T&C....

Some years back my friend Alan Steinfeld and I had dinner with Edgar Mitchell. Mitchell, as those of us who are old enough to remember, was the lunar module pilot of Apollo 14 in 1971, and the sixth person to walk on the Moon.

For Alan and myself, Mitchell is also the founder of a group that we have been involved with for years, the Institute of Noetic Sciences. ...........

After returning to earth, Mitchell told us, he followed up on this hunch. He met with many in the military who said they had personally seen UFOs, including several witnesses to the famed Roswell incident in 1947, where a UFO allegedly crashed and three extraterrestrial bodies were recovered. The astronaut told us point-blank that there had been a deliberate government coverup of its extensive files on UFOs. Mitchell said that he personally had been a member of a committee set up to enforce the coverup.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Interesting find for sure. But this is the part that bothers me.

They will not tolerate any forms of military violence on Earth or in space.

I guess they let Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc slide? Or maybe they mean't nuclear.

If this email isn't spam, but true communication perhaps war is the way the elites want to ensure peace.

Right now, if aliens were to make themselves known, they would be killed. Just look how people treat each other when any of us dares to be different. An alien would be killed on sight.

If we go into a major war with Russia (certainly seems that way) lots of us will die and those who are left won't want war again. During the war they can introduce the energy technology and either say our scientists developed it or it was our saviors from another universe.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

From your link:

Edgar Mitchell told us over dinner that he realized viscerally at that time that the universe is a living thing, not a confluence of dead matter and mindless energy as he had been taught. He also recognized intuitively that intelligent life is not limited to the blue-green planet which he saw shining like a jewel in the vastness of space. The astronaut was left with the conviction that there must be other highly evolved civilizations out there, perhaps waiting for humans to reach a point in their own evolution where we would benefit from contact with them.

It seems he is talking about a catarse he had, interisting thing about it is that he felt we were not alone but...

After returning to earth, Mitchell told us, he followed up on this hunch. He met with many in the military who said they had personally seen UFOs, including several witnesses to the famed Roswell incident in 1947, where a UFO allegedly crashed and three extraterrestrial bodies were recovered. The astronaut told us point-blank that there had been a deliberate government coverup of its extensive files on UFOs. Mitchell said that he personally had beena member of a committee set up to enforce the coverup.

So he not just admits THERE IS a cover up, but he actually was "in the know" of it being a member (for how long its not clear tho) of it.

The way I see it, is that he got an insight in space, back to earth he starts to research and actually participate (infiltrate?) in a committee aimed to cover up the issue, then he decides to "spill the beans" to the public. A whistleblower by definition.

Anyways, it does not make any sense use the word disinfo if we think about the context of it. It was a PRIVATE EMAIL.

edit on 7-10-2016 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

While I doubt Edgar Mitchell could consider any conversation
he has with a journalist "really" private, I also weigh that he
admittedly engaged in with the government, in an official
capacity, conspiring with others in his league to mislead
the public. If that is not "disinformation" what is?"

He could be playing either side, and probably is.

IMO.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The only startling item in these posts is a second-hand claim that Mitchell admitted being part of a UFO coverup. I'm curious when he would have done that, since he was at NASA the last ten years of his Navy service and has always made it clear he never encountered UFO secrets while working in the astronaut corps. Is there any corroboration of this clam by somebody who said they heard it over a dinner?

Otherwise, Mitchell was just the ort of person who would believe the stories from a sort of person like Carol Rosin. He'd done it often enough before.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

While I doubt Edgar Mitchell could consider any conversation
he has with a journalist "really" private, I also weigh that he
admittedly engaged in with the government, in an official
capacity, conspiring with others in his league to mislead
the public. If that is not "disinformation" what is?"

He could be playing either side, and probably is.

IMO.

No, i mean private email to John Podesta, not the journalist.

You said he was disinfo but what disinformation he would be doing discussing issues of that sort in a private email to Podesta? It does not makes sense unless he predicted the emails would be leaked.

About the committee issue, I think it was before he start to tell secret information to the public.

IMO.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg Is there any corroboration of this clam by somebody who said they heard it over a dinner?

Well maybe ask Ariana Huffington?

Otherwise, Mitchell was just the ort of person who would believe the stories from a sort of person like Carol Rosin. He'd done it often enough before.

Edgar Mitchell walked on the moon, but you claim he is brainwashed
by Carol Rosin? Now that is a new one....

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg Is there any corroboration of this clam by somebody who said they heard it over a dinner?

Ah ah

Touche

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUSSO

You said he was disinfo but what disinformation he would be doing discussing issues of that sort in a private email to Podesta? It does not makes sense unless he predicted the emails would be leaked.

It makes sense ( imo ) because he is admittedly was on a committee
designed to mislead. What makes you think ( or let me say why should
we think) he would tell the Podesta Group anything that was true?
Podesta Group is in fact a polished disinformation publisher itself.
So...it stands to reason anything he "informed" them of was headed
for public consumption.

Hope I am making sense.

edit on 7-10-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUSSO

It makes sense ( imo ) because he is admittedly was on a committee
designed to mislead. What makes you think ( or let me say why should
we think) he would tell the Podesta Group anything that was true?
Podesta Group is in fact a polished disinformation publisher itself.
So...it stands to reason anything he "informed" them of was headed
for public consumption.

Hope I am making sense.

I disagree with you on this one burntheships. First because i dont know if Podesta is polished disinformation publisher as you said. Second, the fact you worked as something does not means you will be that "something" forever. Take Snowden as example.

edit on 7-10-2016 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Hey, thats ok, its only my opinion.

My reasoning on The Podesta Group is they actually
are a Professional PR Relations Group, it is actually what
their firm does.

And not to say Mitchell has not had "the encounter"...
my take is he indeed did, but still does work to
keep this veiled from the public.

link   
dble post

link   

Nope. just that Mitchell was a very open-minded person, and believed a lot of stories told him over the years.

To measure his degree of credulity, how about you tell me why you believe his space ESP experiment showed positive results instead of just random noise? We don't need to involve third persons and hearsay on this -- let's see if we can get a gauge on how easily he might believe questionable stuff, such as what he actually did himself. WAS his ESP experiment a 'success'?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Nope. just that Mitchell was a very open-minded person, and believed a lot of stories told him over the years

Perhaps you might add a citation here for validity?

To measure his degree of credulity, how about you tell me why you believe his space ESP experiment showed positive results instead of just random noise? We don't need to involve third persons and hearsay on this -- let's see if we can get a gauge on how easily he might believe questionable stuff, such as what he actually did himself. WAS his ESP experiment a 'success'?

Here too, a citation would be good as a basis for the conversation.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Did anybody else look at the attachments?

Talking Points July

Treaty August 2015

I just opened them; will update.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join