It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Guns save lives every day.

If you really wanted to end needless violence and death, then you'd be for stricter punishments for criminals/crimes committed with firearms.

But instead, you attack those that are responsible instead of attacking those who aren't.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
My guns have never murdered anybody.

I have never murdered anybody.

So tell me again why you want to treat ME a particular way because somebody else did something? I understand that guns scare you but I promise, my guns are not going to shoot on their own and I'm not going to shoot you unless you meet a pretty specific set of criteria.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You should really reread my OP, i never attacked any one or anything, i'm trying to be a messenger of a topic worth of discussion.

I even posted the facts of defensive use, though i know that the numbers probably doesn't do justice for the actual real numbers of defensive use.

But, here just for you.
42.000 incidents, 1300 defensive use, that number is probably higer as there obviously non reported incidents of defesive use.
SOURCE
edit on 1-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: Denoli

i think they was around 500 deaths in England and Wales last year due to gun crime

I see your edit, do you have a source for that, as that i do not believe.

Most deaths of children in England [there are different ones for Wales and Scotland] are injuries, at the forefront transport related:

Quote:
The most common causes of injury-related deaths are transport accidents, drowning, and
intentional injuries, including self-harm and assault. Unintentional injury deaths are most often
related to transport, responsible for 41% of injury deaths among 1 to 9 year olds, and 77% among
Perinatal.

Source: www.rcpch.ac.uk...

So gun death isn't really a problem here in the UK. TBH the stupid will always put their kids into danger. The stupid will drink and drive with their kids in the car, they will overdose at home and kill them by negligence, they will not feed them properly or just beat them to death. Forget about guns, they are just the icing on the cake.

I live in the UK where normal people don't have guns, only criminals and some of the police. Using children's death as a reason to take guns from people in a country where guns are legal isn't really a good enough reason.
There are other things that could be introduced. Why not have gun owners take a arms-test, like a driving test. After all you can't drive a car without a licence, which has to be earned by showing that you know the ropes.
What's so difficult for anyone who wants to own a gun have to do a day's course about safety etc and then 'earn' their licence?

Even if all guns were taken away from all law abiding citizens, children would still die, of the same hands by the same people, only by different means [because these people are obviously not 'quite there'].

I believe that Americans should keep their guns as they are used to it. I also prefer Britain to stay gun-less [as we are used to it]. I however would like to see them [Americans] tested, so they know how to keep them safe etc. Anyone caught without an 'earned' licence should be fined or go to jail, just like driving a car w/o a licence as they are clearly up to no good and have not been taught the essentials. Why do they have to be taken away completely?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Again, if you can guarantee that I will never, ever need one, if you can assure me that no one will ever harm me or my family, if you can assure me that I will never have to go hunting, if my government never will get out of hand. . . .

If you can somehow convince me that I will never "want" one just because I like Navy Colts and the "cowboy" rigs. . .

Then by all means, please negate freedoms.

Paranoid ?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

But you want to eliminate MY rights, MY freedoms.

And as far as that is concerned, you will be met with resistance.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

Again, if you can guarantee that I will never, ever need one, if you can assure me that no one will ever harm me or my family, if you can assure me that I will never have to go hunting, if my government never will get out of hand. . . .

If you can somehow convince me that I will never "want" one just because I like Navy Colts and the "cowboy" rigs. . .

Paranoid ?

Oppressive?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Is self-reliance dated?
Is personal protection dated?
Is freedom . . . . dated?

Yawn !

I said the 2nd

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Paranoid ?

Oppressive?

Denial ?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And I answered you.

You refuse to accept the fact that you want to remove rights and freedoms.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Paranoid ?

Oppressive?

Denial ?

You are denying individual rights.

I'm actually for them.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I partly agree, and thank you for chiming in.

Mental problems are clearly evident in gun violence or any violence, and should be taken more seriously, that being the governments job.

You can test the gun owners, but a lot of gun owners will still turn the gun in the wrong direction, a lot of the cases show that a lot of the children was shot by before the shooting responsible family members.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No...Sigh

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

And I answered you.

No just scrap the second !

But hey as long as YOU are ok , screw everyone else ! Right ?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: Hecate666

I partly agree, and thank you for chiming in.

Mental problems are clearly evident in gun violence or any violence, and should be taken more seriously, that being the governments job.

You can test the gun owners, but a lot of gun owners will still turn the gun in the wrong direction, a lot of the cases show that a lot of the children was shot by before the shooting responsible family members.

By default, somebody that experiences a negligent discharge and shoots their child isn't what I would call a "responsible gun owner."
edit on 1-10-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

And I answered you.

No just scrap the second !

But hey as long as YOU are ok , screw everyone else ! Right ?

You want to remove my rights and freedoms but claim you don't want to remove my rights and freedoms.

Please make up your mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
when you have 100s of millions of people statistically negligible %s make big numbers. we have about 320 million people so your small countries cant compare.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Of cause not...they were able to acquire there guns on legal means to later to show their mental disorder...hence i said "before".

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yea well your diction makes your comments somewhat painful to read. But now I understand, you want to strip tens of millions of people of a right because of a comparative handful that abuse that right. And it's a right that's already the most heavily regulated and restricted of all guaranteed rights to begin with.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Again no...Keep your damn right, but at least try to do something for the children right to have a life.

You guys get nothing, you keep bringing up the 2nd amendment like that's the one i concentrate on, IT'S NOT...

Getting bored of the topic now, carry on if you like, i need a beer...
edit on 1-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join