It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

No, because those who would do me harm, will find a way. Whether it be a knife, baseball bat or a crowbar, I plan on having the upper hand.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Do you own stock in gun safes? Why do people push for gun safes so hard? Unless you have an expensive safe, they are fairly easy to get into.

I lock my house when I leave. That's all I should have to do. If someone is willing to break into my house, what makes you think they aren't willing to break into my gun safe?
edit on 1-10-2016 by KawRider9 because: Love the auto correct.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Um i hunt, deer wait for me to open my safe every year. For protection in the far out country where I live i have a fingerprint instant open safe bedside, you dont have a point.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Don't you own stock in gun safes?

No I don´t, stop making up things.
I own a gunsafe and several guns.

I lock my house when I leave. That's all I should have to do. If someone is willing to break into my house, what makes you think they aren't willing to break into my gun safe?

It´s a second tier to overcome. And it´s not as easy as you want it to be. It´s also not about burglars alone. You pay hundreds of dollars for the sport and owning one, why is it so evil to spent money on a safe?
edit on 1-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

So your solution is to punish innocent gun owners? That's all tougher gun laws will do, as those who are careless, will be careless. Those who will commit crimes, ignore the laws already there, so what good will more do?
No, you don't want to talk about other subjects, because it shows that people die from all kinds of ways things are used carelessly, you just want the focus on guns.
So, if you don't have a solution and no one else has came up with one.....why are we here again?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I didn't make anything up, I asked a question. I too own a couple safes and locking cabinets.

I also don't "want" cheaper safes to be easy to break into, but they are. While you're correct about it being a second tier, it's also not a failsafe. I don't like having to jump through several hoops to make others feel safe, when I know it's just feel good legislation that doesn't address the cause.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You asked that question implying you have informations that I own stocks in gunsafes.
"Don´t you..."

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Dear anti-gun people.
You ask that people forfeit their Right to Keep and Bare Arms..... but you offer nothing in return. I think that most people would feel better about restrictions on their access to firearms if, as a gesture of good faith, you offered something to ease the fears that some people have that causes them to seek out acquiring firearms for personal protection.
I propose to you this:
Remove repeat offenders from society. Fully endorse that 2 time violent offenders are exterminated and will never be allowed to cause harm again...... 2 rape convictions, your dead. 2 assault convictions, your dead..... and you will have many people feeling comfortable enough to consider your ideals. ...... but offer nothing but "because we say so" and this issue is dead in the water

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

We are here because more than 3000 children gets shot every year in America, i don't want to discuss other problems because they are not the same, and should not be compared.

Different problems different solutions.

You guys are trying to make my topic an nonissue by bringing up non related issues, if you wanna discuss the other issues please make a thread.

Very simple

link   

Snipping auto correct got me. I typed "do". Sorry it came off that I was implying. Have a star...

Look, we both are firearm owners. I understand the gun safe approach, I just know it's not the failsafe that it's touted as being.

link   

Woo-hoo, double post! Second one ever.
edit on 1-10-2016 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: seagull

Again, it could reduce the number of children casualty, it's completely clear in this topic.

You don't mind speed limits to reduce car accidents...Do you?

You're joking right?

asirt.org...

Nearly 1.3 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled. More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.

Oh and by the way....

Road crashes are the leading cause of death among young people ages 15-29, and the second leading cause of death worldwide among young people ages 5-14.

Better do something about those cars. It's for the children!
edit on 1-10-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And I never said that it´s the ultimate failsafe.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I think what you have is a false reality. Where you live, in Scandinavia, there are many very significant differences. It's a different culture, a different place altogether. Comparing the US to just about any other country is disingenuous. If you strip away all the gang violence, and isolate the mass shootings that were caused by a person with mental issues, you can see, with a pretty clear vision that we have a mental health problem in the US. The fact that we have guns is secondary. We also have hammers. (Another tool with a different purpose)
Point being, a person with mental health issues that has gone so far as to have a wish to kill others, will do so. I know you are able to google mass killings in other countries and see that using a knife, a sword, a crossbow, whatever weapon is available, will be used. But you also notice that other countries may not have as much violence done by mentally ill folks. They might do a much better job of caring for those people.

I think in the US, education for the children on firearms is a much better idea.

now before you burst a blood vessel, I'd like to have you look back in time a bit. Were there these same gun problems back in the 50's? in the 60's? in the 80's? So what changed? If you care about this issues and it's more than just an opportunity to feel superior since your home is so elevated above common issues such as this, I invite you to look at more than just the stats today. Look at what triggered all this and when.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I fully agree, and so far the best reply.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I understand the underlying thought of the thread, but I disagree with it. We don't have a bad gun problem. We have a bad parenting problem.

Children die needlessly every year because of bad parenting. They burn to death from playing with matches or lighters. They die tragically after ingesting any of various poisons found around the house. They choke on small objects left in their reach. They are electrocuted. They are crushed by heavy objects they try to climb. The list goes on and on.

All of these deaths are preventable. Not by making the objects that ultimately cost them their lives illegal, but by responsible parenting and making sure the potentially dangerous objects are properly stored out of the reach of little hands. The notion of knowing where your children are and what they are doing isn't an unrealistic expectation either.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You bring up accident against deliberate killing of children, that is why i don't wanna compare, for the last time make your own topic if you wanna talk about road ACCIDENTS...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Fine, you want to talk about the deliberate killing of children....How many Mothers snap and kill their kids? Smother them, strangle them, shoot them, drive their car in to a lake, set fire to the house......?

You are looking for a way to stop crazy people from doing crazy things with no warning.
Yeah, yeah...I know...guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I will gladly relinquish my 2nd Amendment rights when you can assure me that;

1. No criminal will ever have one
2. No criminal will ever harm me
3. I have 24/7 round the clock protection from armed security
4. I will never have the need to provide food
5. The government will never do anything that would necessitate the need for armed insurgence.

Deal?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join