It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
This might be a difficult question because of different state laws but what happens when you "loose" a firearm or report it stolen? Is there any penalty on this? I see a open door for illegal gun sales. Oh sorry I lost my weapon, it was stolen by someone. Next day he sells it under the table for what ever reasons (money problems for example). Is that a problem or are there mechanisms in place?

I ask this, because we have similar discussion at the shooting club, lately, unrelated to the USA.
edit on 1-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I have enjoyed it quite a bit, honestly there is very little difference between the little town I live in now and little towns I have lived in back in the states.

I just wish I could learn another language easily... I know I am missing out big time by not being fluent in german, but I can barely speak American...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Guns and all of those issues are secondary and can be more effectively dealt with using a NON STIGMATIZING mental health system that is strictly APOLITICAL.
That coupled with corruption,laziness and no chance for prisoners to reform and we have issues that aren't solved by simply removing a TOOL from the hands of malice,as simple minds woulds have it.
THEY don't WANT to gut the system and work they just want to pay for more worthless laws that the admiralty legal system circumvents with money and lies, they know how to game THESE and simple minds ignore it in favor of some knee jerk, political ,affirmation, shoved down their collective THROATS by their cellphones and media.
WE SAID no.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The saddest thing is these accidents are avoidable. LOCK your damn firearms up! Keep them AWAY from your kids!

Put the damn things in a safe where the kids can't get them and make sure they have a healthy respect for them, make sure they know they are not a toy and one slip = death.

If you cannot practice responsible gun ownership, don't own firearms.
Anyone who leaves a firearm accessible and a child accesses should be prosecuted. If a death occurs, they should be charged with manslaughter. It was their negligence that caused death. You don't leave poisons out where toddlers can get them, firearms are much, much more dangerous.

Also, anyone who uses "what about the beatings" etc.. as an excuse for leaving firearms around, you are using false logic and should just be quiet. That is as intelligent as saying that people die eventually, so murder should be legal.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

On a federal level I don't think an individual is required to report a lost or stolen handgun, but a dealer is.

As for state level, some states require it and some don't. My state requires a purchase permit for handguns, and it's illegal to sell a handgun to somebody that doesn't have a purchase permit either in a private sale or at a dealer.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So there is a mayor loophole for guns to go black, although I can imagine it´s in ones personal interest to report it stolen, if it´s ever used in a crime. Thanks for the insight. You specifically write "handguns". Are the laws on long barrel firearms tighter?

a reply to: Irishhaf
Don´t worry.. We have so many different dialects, I can speak/imitate 3-4 different dialects and understand most of them, but if it´s a fast bavarian speaker, I have real problems understanding him, although I´m swabian and not too far away from bavaria actually I can spit down the hill into it. Yet 10kms away from here, you can really hear the differences in pronounciation. Every dialect has it´s own words, too. To a point, some people refer to bavaria as "foreign land"

edit on 1-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm not stressed out, i was bored, there is nothing more i can add, i did the topic that no one will touch and that's done.

Anyway all i can say is good job on being a responsible gun owner...

The beer became coffee instead...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

No permit is required to purchase a long gun in my state. Probably because handguns account for the overwhelming majority of gun related crime both statewide and nationally.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Nobody will touch it? Lol there's threads on guns all the time on ATS, and gun control is brought up practically every time there's a shooting posted.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I mean my topic, would you post it for example or would any pro gun,and go through post after post ignorance, i don't think so, but you should, as i see it as a very important topic.

The reception was as expected i'm not surprised...

edit on 1-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The strange thing is that most of the people who are gun freaks in America don’t need them.

They live in safe neighborhoods where there’s never really any need for a gun

In America its not need its greed

Valiant effort OP but they don't understand.

I am a gun owner not a gun freak,I also live in a safe neighborhood.I will repeat myself...
I will never give up my gun! I will defend myself and my family and I will never allow
anyone to deprive me of that right!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
You have all been beaten down with the paranoia ,

You don't need guns .

The fear factor has really screwed you all to the point of killing each other .

I am not fearful and I can assume there are many not fearful as well. I would rather have
a gun and not need it,than need a gun and not have it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What is the total killed at home by any number or ways other than guns. I mean I know we love our ........(fill in the blank)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A gun is only a tool. That gun lies there and doesn't do anything until YOU pick it up with whatever intentions YOU have. You can build a house with a hammer, or you can tear it down. Until the problems that make people want to go out and kill others are solved, people will always find ways to do the evil things they do.

The problem is in the person, not the tool they use. One of my same arguments for drug legalization. Not to mention making guns illegal would create a whole new class of criminals out of responsible and contributing citizens. If guns are made illegal, get ready for the war on drugs part 2, with all the mayhem and destruction of life and freedom that comes along with it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If we start denying rights because we find them offensive, then it won't stop with guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I don't ever feel compelled to resort to the 'think of the children' argument so no, I would not post this thread.

And I certainly wouldn't post it with no real viable solution to the question posed, either. In many of the cases in your source material, it was already illegal for it to happen in the first place. What would making it illegal-er accomplish?

You can't legislate stupid.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If we start denying rights because we find them offensive, then it won't stop with guns.

Yea if you think about it, its like someone calling for the end of the constitutional amendment against slavery because they are finding to many folks doing it anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DenoliAnyone who lives in bear or mountain lion country damn sure better have a gun and that's not as dangerous as living in a high crime area.I suppose you would beat up a bear and send it packing?I don`t think so.No way in hell I would go into backcountry without a gun.For that matter,I have had a few rabid animals show up and having a gun handy meant they were put out of their misery and nothing else was infected.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If there were 1000 times as many child deaths I would not give up the right to keep and bear arms. "oh, the poor children " meme is tired. Try something else...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wonder what the stats are for children who drown some how.

I think its about the same, hosepipe ban? :@)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join