It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: neo96

Yes neo. There is your scenario, but then there is the more likely one in which the officer shoots the threatening person in the shoulder, he clutches his wound, and when he does, the other officers rush him and cuff him.

Not nearly as much drama as yours, but much more realistic.

Not where i live. You'd be lucky to get an officer here within minutes.

Only a small part of this nation is urban enough to really have "police response". Despite the daily experience of the majority of the people who live here.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, the average police response time is 11 minutes in the city. Worse in some areas. I called the cops once because a neighbor was being stabbed, they didnt get there until 30 minutes later, and the ambulance came. The carpet in the home had to be removed the next day because there was so much blood. That neighbor might have had a chance if she were armed.
edit on 1-10-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

A guy i know had his mother killed over the last few days. She called 9/11 to deal with her strung out daughters asshole boyfriend. He killed her before they got there.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I should be able to KILL these people...conservativetribune.com... -09-30
Woman beheaded in Oklahoma...GONNA BAN knives now SJW ,snowflakes?
...WHEN ever and where ever I possibly can.

edit on 1-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Midnite247
Something that strikes me as odd, why is it recent cop shootings involve 1 cop hittin the guy with a taser then the next cop follows up witha bullet? .. Thought the idea of a taser was to illuminate the lethal force option? Not tag em up and slow em down for a kill shot!

I agree. And why always shoot to kill? Just shoot them somewhere that brings them down, or disarms them, but leaves them alive.

Good Christ. The shoot to wound myth has been beaten to absolute death on ats and yet some people still can't let it go. Being intentionally and willfully ignorant is the exact opposite of "deny ignorance."

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

We tried to initiate a solution to this problem (stop and frisk) but since the bulk of the problem exist in predominantly poor underprivileged neighborhoods police were accused of targeting minorities and the program was stopped. If it is predominantly minorities that are carrying illegal weapons and committing these atrocities then yes there will be a higher number of them arrested. If we do not allow our police to do their job because the majority of offenders are minorities then we will never get past this without the government stepping in and ordering a police state and taking guns away from everyone. This is what the criminals would love to see since their weapons are obtained illegally anyway they will be the only ones with them.

Shut up! You're just a racist like trump! You just want minorities to suffer and take the blame for everything! That's how you white people make yourselves feel better about the atrocities you commit every day. Everyone knows that most crime exists in predominantly poor neighbourhoods, and everyone knows that those neighborhoods consist of mostly minorities, but what you fail to see......... is that white people are responsible for all of the crimes committed by the minorities in those neighborhoods. Wake up and take responsibility for the actions of people that lived way before you were born, and the actions of those today that can't help committing crimes, because of things you have nothing to do with, or will never control. If you knew what it is was like to be a minority, you would understand why minorities commit crimes. They don't have a choice! ...... because white people like you won't let them get ahead.

It's hard for me to say this (because I shouldn't have to), but I know it's necessary...........

SARCASM OFF!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: DAVID64

Why aren't you screaming about cars, drinking and driving or drugs?

That is very simple, those are different problems running next to gun violence, you don't make one problem go away by mentioning other problems.

Accidents, deliberate murder and self inflicted damage is different problems which should be taken care of individually.

If you wanna discuss these problems feel free to make a thread.

What about knives, machetes and anything else pointy and sharp? Take away guns and those weapons are used instead. Take away the causes of inner city poverty and crime, and all the other problems disappear. Street gangs are a result of competition for scarce resources like parks and part time jobs.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Its just odd that the OP wants to isolate gun violence, and ignore the big picture: violence. what does it matter if you are killed by gun or knife....you are still killed. And from the perspective of humanity, perhaps its better to die quickly than to suffer through being hacked to pieces with an axe.

The desire to isolate "gun violence" as if it were something special and different than any other violence speaks to having nothing but pure agenda.
edit on 10/2/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Stupid people letting their children weed themselves out of the gene pool is not and shall never be a bad thing no matter how some bleeding heart like yourself may try to spin it.

Your argument, to anyone who doesn't surf the net with a box of tissues handy, is completely void of any logic that would make a responsible person want to give up his ability to defend him/herself.

Stop with these horrible cry baby arguments. They will not work.

You want to know how many Americans need to die, children included, before we give up our firearms? Every last one of us.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: silverking
a reply to: brutus61

We tried to initiate a solution to this problem (stop and frisk) but since the bulk of the problem exist in predominantly poor underprivileged neighborhoods police were accused of targeting minorities and the program was stopped. If it is predominantly minorities that are carrying illegal weapons and committing these atrocities then yes there will be a higher number of them arrested. If we do not allow our police to do their job because the majority of offenders are minorities then we will never get past this without the government stepping in and ordering a police state and taking guns away from everyone. This is what the criminals would love to see since their weapons are obtained illegally anyway they will be the only ones with them.

Shut up! You're just a racist like trump! You just want minorities to suffer and take the blame for everything! That's how you white people make yourselves feel better about the atrocities you commit every day. Everyone knows that most crime exists in predominantly poor neighbourhoods, and everyone knows that those neighborhoods consist of mostly minorities, but what you fail to see......... is that white people are responsible for all of the crimes committed by the minorities in those neighborhoods. Wake up and take responsibility for the actions of people that lived way before you were born, and the actions of those today that can't help committing crimes, because of things you have nothing to do with, or will never control. If you knew what it is was like to be a minority, you would understand why minorities commit crimes. They don't have a choice! ...... because white people like you won't let them get ahead.

It's hard for me to say this (because I shouldn't have to), but I know it's necessary...........

SARCASM OFF!

I'll have to step in on this one. You are just as bad. You can't go around calling people "racists" simply because they don't subscribe to your beliefs. This is what the Liberals are doing to Trump, and what you have just done to this gentleman. There was nothing said in the post that you responded to, to suggest that the poster was a racist. You even repeated his point while calling him a racist.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And...there it is.

The good old "But the CHILDREN!" ploy.

Sorry, but there are far more numerous dangers to children these days than 500 deaths out of a population of over 3.3 billion.

I'd actually say US gun owners are doing a great job keeping guns out of their children's hands. 0.015% is a great number. If you listen to the rest of the world talk about us, you'd think it was in the double digits ABOVE 10%.

Deaths happen, no matter what you try to do to stop them.
edit on 2-10-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Killed in traffic accidents in 2015.( 27,854 Fatalities ) and serious injuries in traffic accidents is so high, that getting in a car is one of the most dangerous things a human being can do in their lifetime. In the same year (2015) 1,769,141 Was Injured.....It's among the top ten Killers of Human Beings. .. If you own a gun or 10 or so...By all means be responsible. ...but let's be just as responsible doing a lot of other stuff like...texting and driving. ..the sky's falling... take their guns....geez

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The sad casualty of gun control advocates and stupid morons threatening America:

56 Million Exterminated Under the Guise of Gun Control

Want some more?

Does Gun Control Lead to Genocide?

So as you can see people - One of the greatest single threats we face today are gun control advocates
- They may not be all bad people and may have good intentions - But by default they are Evil

“To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.”
― Adolf Hitler

"When Guns are Outlawed - Only Outlaws and Tyrants will have Guns"

edit on 2-10-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Over ONE MILLION children were killed seventy years ago.

Can you imagine the horror?

What that must be like...ONE MILLION CHILDREN MURDERED!

And all because the people had their guns taken away...
their ability to protect themselves...they had been
disarmed by force...

And you want to give up that right... the right we all
have to protect our children from slaughter such as this?

Your post is a sacrilege...you desecrate the graves
of these dead children with your weakness and fear.

You dishonor and defile every American Patriot
who has died to protect your right to live freely
and protect yourself.

What will your excuse be to your children
if our worst fears are realized, as they have
been time and time again throughout human history.

Will it be "...sorry, I should have paid attention
in class."

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hillary is way UP there.....BUT THERE IS NOBODY, I dislike more ....than the one .....and only .....Janet Reno....!!!!! I would love to use several derogatory terms, to tell my true feelings. ...but don't want my post. ...deleted. ...

but if I could I'd be all
:::

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli
so explain how guns are the problem? never seen one walk away and do anything. its not the guns its the ppl. these statistics are wrong. might wanna do some better research.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rival Well said!As a deplorable it wouldn`t surprise me if the leftists have plans for concentration camps after disarming the public..but we are not stupid enough to give them up.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

you seem to have a huge problem with guns, guns are not the problem. you can kill someone with a pencil. a truck could run over a lot of ppl but that's not the trucks fault. for making this post in the first place you win the most retarded person ever reward! stop blaming guns. mine has been sealed away for 12 years. never got up and walked away on me and committed crimes. the statistics you posted are wrong as hell.
edit on 3-10-2016 by UnknownEntity4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rival

Over ONE MILLION children were killed seventy years ago.

Can you imagine the horror?

What that must be like...ONE MILLION CHILDREN MURDERED!

And all because the people had their guns taken away...
their ability to protect themselves...they had been
disarmed by force...

And you want to give up that right... the right we all
have to protect our children from slaughter such as this?

Your post is a sacrilege...you desecrate the graves
of these dead children with your weakness and fear.

You dishonor and defile every American Patriot
who has died to protect your right to live freely
and protect yourself.

What will your excuse be to your children
if our worst fears are realized, as they have
been time and time again throughout human history.

Will it be "...sorry, I should have paid attention
in class."

"More Americans have died from guns in the United States since 1968 than on battlefields of all the wars in American history"

Talking about guns to Americans is like trying to get a heroin addict off heroin.

Guns don't protect your family. Most civilised countries have figured this out. In fact you are much more likely to protect your family using other forms of self-defence than a gun.

Americans just love guns, it has nothing to do with protecting anyone.

Congratulations on endangering your own family in order to be "patriotic".

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
maybe you should look up how many kids die in car crashes because of stupid parents. no you wouldn't do that now. lets find something or someone to blame. more kids die drawnding then from guns, so are you going to ban and take away or remove all water now?

edit on 3-10-2016 by UnknownEntity4U because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join