It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

i dont get what is difficult? people who commit the majority of gun crimes are felons who have already lost their right to bear arms. laws and rule are for people who follow them. there will always be statistical outliers but that is to be expected.

its simple math. say 1% of the world pop is just inherent sh*tbags. america has 33 million runnin around compared to 6mil in uk or 8 mil in germany, the odds for violent crime go up. i have never heard a gunshot not fired at range in my life and ive been and lived in major cities across the us.
edit on 1-10-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Just like to comment, as an American that has lived in germany for a few years and have a couple more before I return home there is a huge difference in the cultures between our countries and it has nothing to do with Guns.

What I have noticed in North Rhine Westphalia is a huge family dynamic that has largely died in huge swathes of America.

The fact that (my little tiny micro view of germany) most homes seem to have two parents, and that the parents are heavily invested in raising their kids, and they still discipline their kids is a huge difference.

In a lot of ways the family unit has been dismantled in many areas of the US, Not having that parental guidance leads to many bad life choices, coupled with a prison system more interested in money rather than rehabilitation you have a never ending cycle of violence and crime.

I think I rambled enough I hope this gives a hint on my opinion of some of the key differences.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The strange thing is that most of the people who are gun freaks in America don’t need them.

They live in safe neighborhoods where there’s never really any need for a gun

In America its not need its greed

Valiant effort OP but they don't understand.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't think the gun is the problem but poverty, segregation of different ethnic groups and the standard of education which are the main concerns.
The same goes for all over it isn't just a USA problem but I think it is worse in the USA in some places.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

pretty much all Chicago's gun violence stems from about 5 or so neighborhoods. your thought is correct. the rest of chicago is amazing.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

i dont get what is difficult? people who commit the majority of gun crimes are felons who have already lost their right to bear arms. laws and rule are for people who follow them. there will always be statistical outliers but that is to be expected.

its simple math. say 1% of the world pop is just inherent sh*tbags. america has 33 million runnin around compared to 6mil in uk or 8 mil in germany, the odds for violent crime go up. i have never heard a gunshot not fired at range in my life and ive been and lived in major cities across the us.

My point is guns are bad .
The second amendment is screwed .

So do you think ,if you had no guns the mortality rate would decrease ?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The strange thing is that most of the people who are gun freaks in America don’t need them.

They live in safe neighborhoods where there’s never really any need for a gun

I'm not sure I can agree with that. Its true in some instances, but gun ownership rates are still higher in rural areas than urban ones, and rural areas (which, geographically, describes the vast majority of the country) generally have police coverage that is poor at the absolute best. So I don't know if its fair to say that those people are in 'safe' areas, so much as in areas that have inherently low violent crime. Similar, yes, but its an important distinction in light of the poor law enforcement coverage in those areas.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

At the end of your 12 month cycle when you do the exam, it´s pretty clear what kind of person you are.

It should be clear that I was not talking about you but to the reader in common, there is a reason why there is a "," and not a fullstop! Regardless, I gave an idea. It works here you can´t deny that.

That´s the problem with these discussions. This thread is a parade example. As soon as you say anything that could be seen as "anti-gun", people loose their minds. A last question, where do you think are those guns manufactured, from the mexican cartel?

edit on 1-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You have all been beaten down with the paranoia ,

You don't need guns .

The fear factor has really screwed you all to the point of killing each other .

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

we have millions and the rate decreases every year

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

apologies havent had my coffee yet

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Should have worded it in a better way. However I´m not in the position to tell you americans how to handle your guns. As I said, there is a historical reason for you to want your guns and that´s not my business. But since this thread is about ideas, I chimed in and wanted to show how it can be handled. And it works really good.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

im fully in support of training. esp for concealed carry, i do it all the time, more because it is fun than anything else.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Another thing about comment like "guns safe my life every day". Ask yourself, why is this. We have guns here, yet not once in my life I came into a situatuion where I would have needed it to defend myself.

a reply to: Irishhaf
Cultural differences can´t be denied of course. As I said, like our law against denying the holocaust makes sense here, you have a historical reason to want to own guns. Your whole post sounds very reasonable. I hope you enjoy your stay in Germany without much rainy days.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The problem with your theory here is that you are assuming that be saying guns are not allowed, all the criminals are going to get rid of theirs. You see, the vast majority of gun owners (the legal gun owners that you would regulate) are not the ones committing crimes and going on rampages and shooting kids at school. No, most of the people who commit these crimes are not supposed to have them in the first place. Yes, I grant you that some legal gun owners commit crimes with their guns, but so do some car owners with their cars.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

smart people know where to avoid
and germany is full of those!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Thight controls on the route a gun takes would help very much to not get them in the wrong hands. Yes there may be weapon smugglers from Mexico, but where are those guns made? This is a honest questions, are there so many weapon manufactures in mexico or are they shipped there from the USA? Sure there are other routes and certain agencies have made the (conspiracy?) news, weapons for drugs.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

that is a good question. nowadays with cnc almost anyone can manufacture guns to any spec. if the mexicans are one thing they are makers. im sure there are people making huge profits using loopholes to get the guns shipped from all over the world to the hotspots.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And a last comment about cultural differences:

Those people who actually own a gun here, don´t tell everyone that they own a gun, or let them know. Because we are detached to it, it is a tool. In my case, a tool for precise effects on an object far away. You don´t tell your neighbor how many shovels you own either way, although if he asks you, you would tell him. I hope I could explain it somehow in a good way.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

What do you propose that I do? What action can I, a lawful and responsible gun owner, take beyond what I've already done?

What I've already done would be - taken safety courses as a teenager, when I first started shooting; spent several years in the military; spent several years in law enforcement; all told, I've been carrying guns in an official capacity for over 15 years now. I own a gun safe, and store my firearms in my safe when I'm not carrying one. So what would you like me to do beyond all that? I can't force other people to do the same. In my state, it's unlawful to store firearms where a child can access them.

Yea, IT'S ALREADY ILLEGAL TO BE IRRESPONSIBLE WITH YOUR FIREARMS. Short of sending law enforcement into people's homes to conduct random safety checks, what do you propose?

Enjoy your beer, sorry you're so stressed out!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join