It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad casualty of guns and stupid people in America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have no solution, i wish i had, that is why i posted it, to see if any one else have a solution, or just hear an opinion.

But so far, people are trying to avoid the topic by mentioning other problems, i knew that would happen as it is typical for ATS in these topics.

edit on 1-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Knock yourself out. This has been debated for years and the fact of the matter is..My guns are staying. You can rant all you like and get stars and flags from all the anti gun folks, but what solution do you have to all this? Ban guns? Yeah. Give that a try. You're going to get a Hell of a lot more people killed than a few thousand.
You folks have no workable solutions, you just like to whine and try to make all gun owners look bad, when we are some of those most careful people around.
I'm 52, have been around and owned guns all my life. I've never shot anyone [ drew my weapon yes, not shot ] no one has shot me and I've never had an accident. I carry a gun every day. I am the average gun owner. Out of millions of gun owners, you get some who are careless. Just like with cars or chainsaws or lawn mowers.
edit on 1-10-2016 by DAVID64 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Exactly. It's just as ridiculous to punish innocent gun owners as it is to punish innocent Syrian refugees. Bad people exist who will do bad things. You mitigate as much as you can without punishing the innocent.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So are we just calling it collateral damage, and just live with it without doing anything, that's really sad and pathetic.

Just because you haven't shot anyone doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

And may i remind you of this line in the OP

I know you love your guns and i know there are a lot or responsible gun owners

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So... because other people show poor judgment my right to self-defense has to be curtailed?

How does that make any sort of sense?

We wouldn't be able to do anything at all if it were a standard practice to ban anything which caused an accidental death or death through intentional misuse.

The problem is a lack of personal responsibility. I haven't harmed others or put anyone at risk through my gun ownership, so why should I have to give up ANYTHING?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
dead horse... yadda yadda. If it weren't guns it'd be something else. We've been over this millions of times.. Its always "Guns bad, America Stupid"

Guns will not be banned, and even if they are it won't stop gun crime.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Would you give up your guns if all illegal guns were handed in ?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am a responsible gun(s)owner.

So tell me, why do I have to give them up, again? No one has ever been hurt by my weapons, either deliberately (god forbid that should ever happen.), or by accident.

For the very same reason no one has ever been hurt by my car, certainly not by intent, nor by accident.

Why, you ask? Because I am careful, and prudent in my use of both.

Now tell me again, why do I have to give up my guns, because there are idiots out there who aren't careful? Or that even accidents happen to careful people?

No. It's not going to happen. Not now. Not ever.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

The only way stop and frisk would be fair is if EVERYONE was stopped and frisked - all races, all genders, all nationalities, all citizens. If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear, right?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

No.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So for some notion of an illusory sense of public safety, you're all set to curtail my rights?

Look up the word tyranny...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Again, it could reduce the number of children casualty, it's completely clear in this topic.

You don't mind speed limits to reduce car accidents...Do you?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye First of all throw out the gang members and there would be very few kids killed by guns-far fewer than bike accidents.Second there were 1580 children beaten to death in 2014 according to gov records.Lastly guns don`t kill anyone unless SOMEONE uses them.They will never jump up and kill you,but someone may.Change the culture to a peacefull one and problem solved...but that won`t happen either.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No.

There's the problem there !

Paranoid .

link   
So using a gunsafe is punishing. Okay.

link   

I thought they weren't the same... That's what I'm told all the time, by those, like yourself, who would take away my right.

But OK, there is no Constitutional right to drive a car. Or a horse and carriage at that time. Because, gee, you trust people to act/drive responsibly. Do you not?

My right to a firearm, or multiple firearms is protected by the Constitution. Says right there in the Second amendment.

Have you ever considered why it's the second amendment, and not left out entirely?

Think about it. I'm sure an answer will occur to your thoughts. Now will you listen, or ignore those thoughts?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Paranoid?

No. I have firearms for a multitude of purposes, only one could be considered paranoid, but only by you. Not me.

I hunt. No paranoia involved there. I target shoot. Fun, not paranoia. Defense. Not against some nebulous wanna take over the world govt., but because there are folks out there who think what's mine is actually theirs, and aren't terribly shy about expressing that thought. I prefer to have an argument to hand, rather than having only my hands...I'm not as young as I use to be. I've enough scars from knives and such that I don't care to add to the total. Hence, my CCW and a handgun.

If you consider that paranoia, I really don't know what to tell you, other than I don't really care.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I'm not the one ignoring, you are, would you like to reduce the children casualty or not.

The 2'nd amendment is out of date in today's America, and is causing more trouble than fixing, wouldn't you agree ?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

No I wouldn't give them up. I've got quite a bit of money invested in my firearms, why would I just give them up?

I have no intention to cause anyone harm with my firearms. I sport shooting and hunt with them. I would hate to have to use them for defense, but I will if needed.

Firearms aren't going anywhere, get over it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Responsibility is also making sure no one except you can use them without your agreement.
Thuss a gunsafe is a good idea it also prevents them from being stolen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join