It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Should Give Up And Let Liberals Finally Enact A Just Society

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'd like to consider myself a liberal.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Im sure theres an amy schxumaker special on for your comedic needs. Liberals think shes a hoot

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nope, I think you actually would rather we all live in box apartments that are tiny, like cells, all the same exact size and shape and color with exactly the same decor. If we're lucky, we might be able to decide some of the color of our decorations. You want to dictate what we eat and the portion size. You want to post a daily schedule for each citizen, including our occupation. You want to decide exactly when and if we will be allowed to breed and with whom. We will not be allowed to raise the offspring, of course. It might even be technologically possible for the egg and sperm to be simply donated and then mixed and artificially reared so that there are no parental bonds at all.

I could go on ...

Really lol?!?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That will not be necessary. Liberalism has been making the world a better place since the Enlightenment began, and one of its effects has been to redefine conservatism and move it progressively farther and farther left. But people like you are not conservatives; you are reactionaries, people who want to undo the lessons of the Enlightenment and let the old atavisms run free again. You can gum up the works of progress for a decade or so, or even bring the world to ruin as you and your ilk did in the two world wars of the last century, but in the end you will lose, because humanity is getting smarter and less violent, and the process has gone too far for the likes of you to impede it now.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Where's them sharia friendly belly dancers?
And where do I stuff the bills?

There won't be physical money anymore.

... what will the strippers do for tips?!?

Who needs a tip when you can get the whole thing for free?

edit on 25-9-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

Im sure theres an amy schxumaker special on for your comedic needs. Liberals think shes a hoot

Who needs a name one can't spell when we can get everything pro bono?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Ya strawman arguments are pretty funny.

So are bottomless ninja beavers....

... and introverts that talk a lot.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

As much as I agree with you its never going to happen. Not because there is not enough people who want a just society but because the elites do not believe in democracy or a republic with a constitution because they dont believe in any of these things any way.

They want to take control of the world and remodel it to suit how they think world society should be organised. I happen to think they want that society to be modeled on and resemble the way things were in 1600 - 1800s where everyone 'knew' their place, and the elites run the country. its a society where there is no common law, the law is what ever they say it is and there are no political parties or elections etc.

The elites are on both sides of politics and even in each political party. That's why in many countries there is only two main parties because that way you vote according to the choices they give you and which ever way you vote it suits their cause.

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion but allow a very lively debate within that spectrum. – Noam Chomsky.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Well you want everything to be fair and equal, and this is the only way to ensure that. No one having too much or more than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I cant wait for easy planet colonization. Then we can have our progressive planet and a conservative planet and have a planet competition.

Convservatism and progressivism when in balance is a healthy society. The brakes and the gas. When one goes too far the pendulum swings back the other way.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Who cares about a planet competition? Let them go do what they're going to go do. I don't care who comes out "better" so long as we perpetually agree to leave each other alone. I don't want any Firefly scenarios.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
-- River Tam, Serenity

And they have to agree that they never, ever come to our places because I also don't like the locust effect.

(post by Hscore removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

... because humanity is getting smarter and less violent, and the process has gone too far for the likes of you to impede it now.

I see no evidence for this.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Where's them sharia friendly belly dancers?
And where do I stuff the bills?

You mean: Where do I stuff "the organic, soy-based coin minted at the Ben and Jerry’s factory."?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Both sides have downfalls. The not so funny side of letting conservatives like trump run the nation is that they think the military industrial complex should get trillions more for their wars ever year and that we should invade every country that has innocent people wait to be bombed and have their resources taken, along with thinking deregulating the banks and corporations so they can do whatever they want is a good idea, thus leading less restrictions on mass pollution, bankers getting more power, EpiPens and life save drugs skyrocketing 500% over night etc.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

No one is every going to be perfect.

No one will ever save the day.

The best we can all do is laugh and enjoy the show.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I mean it's such a cartoon version it's not really very clever..

It's just all the people saying it is SOO HILARIOUS and comedy wise I don't think it's very good..

I think it's funny that the OP thinks he has to tell us it's funny - several times

:-)

www.getyarn.io...

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

i dont care about her so im not gonna care about her name spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No, more like we're so used to leftists getting so upset over everything that he mentioned often that this was comedic parody.

No one expects you to find it funny because we all know leftists have no sense of humor. Even comedians know this which is why they tend to not play universities anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't mean it that way. I meant we will be able to compare metrics of Socioeconomic outcomes between planets. I think the most interesting thing would be to see the immigration policy of proggie planet, I am guessing they would make food, shelter, health, transportation all free as long as it as the proggie stamp of approval. the welfare seekers would flood them in droves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join