It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Should Give Up And Let Liberals Finally Enact A Just Society

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I just thought I'd share a very funny satirical piece.

Here's the link

thefederalist.com...

And below are a few snippets.

Taxes

The downside: Top marginal tax rates are set at 105 percent of earnings, complemented by a new 250 percent value-added tax. Billionaires are executed, except for Warren Buffet, whose wealth is confiscated and handed to his secretary (who is promptly executed for being a billionaire).

Environment

The downside: The Eighteenth Amendment is reinstated, but with the phrase “fossil fuels” replacing the term “intoxicating liquors.” All utility companies are ordered to convert to 100 percent renewable power within two weeks or the executives will be enslaved on a wind farm. Any attempt to drill in the Arctic is punishable by death, either by strangulation or stoning, as determined by the toss of an organic, soy-based coin minted at the Ben and Jerry’s factory.

Immigration

The downside: The nation’s borders are abolished. The population of Syria is relocated to the Deep South, except for Syrian Christians and Yazidis, who are left behind with 18 boxes of novelty White House M&Ms and a “condolences” card signed by a State Department intern using the acting deputy assistant secretary’s autopen. Maps containing solid lines demarcating where the United States ends and Mexico begins are confiscated, shredded, and used as confetti for the inauguration party of President Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán in 2020.

This was very funny

Defense and Foreign Affairs

The downside: The budget eliminates funding for weapons. Soldiers must arm themselves by confiscating guns from private citizens, as sanctioned by the repeal of the Second Amendment. The Navy is downsized to a single Disney cruise ship and its “Mickey’s Clubhouse Character” crew, with orders to patrol no further than Key West.

I hope you enjoy the chuckle.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ya strawman arguments are pretty funny.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Have to admit...that's funny.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Glad you appreciate the satire.

I'm still laughing.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Where's them sharia friendly belly dancers?
And where do I stuff the bills?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Where's them sharia friendly belly dancers?
And where do I stuff the bills?

There won't be physical money anymore.

... what will the strippers do for tips?!?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The problem, I found out that I will be in ISIS territory since I don't talk right for Utopia. The upside? I can still keep and bear arms if I'm going to survive that.

Sucks to be the rest of y'all.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Pay them?!
Don't you know women are property under Sharia law?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Glad you appreciate the satire.

I'm still laughing.

I do appreciate it. Have to laugh at ourselves once in a while.

It also makes us not feel so bad when we satirize someone else.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Bluntone22

Pay them?!
Don't you know women are property under Sharia law?

Stuffing half the fun...
This is like non alcoholic beer..

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A lot of truth is said in jest.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Immigration The downside: The nation’s borders are abolished. The population of Syria is relocated to the Deep South, except for Syrian Christians and Yazidis, who are left behind with 18 boxes of novelty White House M&Ms and a “condolences” card signed by a State Department intern using the acting deputy assistant secretary’s autopen. Maps containing solid lines demarcating where the United States ends and Mexico begins are confiscated, shredded, and used as confetti for the inauguration party of President Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán in 2020.

RIP BBQ and bacon. only sharia approved food.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

You caught the reference to tofu treats at sporting events didn't you?

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind the occasional fried tofu or tofu in my stir fry, but not when you're trying to make me think it's something it's not.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yeah, very funny,

Their version of a just society =
a rigged Justice Department,
violence on the streets,
and the majority of the worlds
capital in the hands of their
colluding minority.

HooHaa

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Kudos, we are all the same for the most part, we just love to highlight the few differences. I love anyone who can laugh and still be convicted of ones ideology. It shows its a choice and your still open minded.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just thought I'd share a very funny satirical piece.

Here's the link

thefederalist.com...

And below are a few snippets.

Taxes

The downside: Top marginal tax rates are set at 105 percent of earnings, complemented by a new 250 percent value-added tax. Billionaires are executed, except for Warren Buffet, whose wealth is confiscated and handed to his secretary (who is promptly executed for being a billionaire).

Environment

The downside: The Eighteenth Amendment is reinstated, but with the phrase “fossil fuels” replacing the term “intoxicating liquors.” All utility companies are ordered to convert to 100 percent renewable power within two weeks or the executives will be enslaved on a wind farm. Any attempt to drill in the Arctic is punishable by death, either by strangulation or stoning, as determined by the toss of an organic, soy-based coin minted at the Ben and Jerry’s factory.

Immigration

The downside: The nation’s borders are abolished. The population of Syria is relocated to the Deep South, except for Syrian Christians and Yazidis, who are left behind with 18 boxes of novelty White House M&Ms and a “condolences” card signed by a State Department intern using the acting deputy assistant secretary’s autopen. Maps containing solid lines demarcating where the United States ends and Mexico begins are confiscated, shredded, and used as confetti for the inauguration party of President Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán in 2020.

This was very funny

Defense and Foreign Affairs

The downside: The budget eliminates funding for weapons. Soldiers must arm themselves by confiscating guns from private citizens, as sanctioned by the repeal of the Second Amendment. The Navy is downsized to a single Disney cruise ship and its “Mickey’s Clubhouse Character” crew, with orders to patrol no further than Key West.

I hope you enjoy the chuckle.

Just out of curiosity. Is this really what conservatives think liberals want lol??

I just wonder how it could be that funny when it is SOO far off.

God knows I'm not offended. It's just if I read the reverse about conservatives. I don't think I find it funny.

I mean it's such a cartoon version it's not really very clever..

It's just all the people saying it is SOO HILARIOUS and comedy wise I don't think it's very good..

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Just like every liberal thinking all conservative people are redneck racist bible thumpers.
It's satire
It's funny
Move along

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ever seen the movie "demolition man" ?

Lenina Huxley: Ah, smoking is not good for you, and it's been deemed that anything not good for you is bad; hence, illegal. Alcohol, caffeine, contact sports, meat...

John Spartan: Are you #ting me?

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

John Spartan: What the hell is that?

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

Lenina Huxley: Bad language, chocolate, gasoline, uneducational toys and anything spicy. Abortion is also illegal, but then again so is pregnancy if you don't have a licence.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 24-9-2016 by lordcomac because: fixing misuse of buttons

edit on 24-9-2016 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Nope, I think you actually would rather we all live in box apartments that are tiny, like cells, all the same exact size and shape and color with exactly the same decor. If we're lucky, we might be able to decide some of the color of our decorations. You want to dictate what we eat and the portion size. You want to post a daily schedule for each citizen, including our occupation. You want to decide exactly when and if we will be allowed to breed and with whom. We will not be allowed to raise the offspring, of course. It might even be technologically possible for the egg and sperm to be simply donated and then mixed and artificially reared so that there are no parental bonds at all.

I could go on ...

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Just like every liberal thinking all conservative people are redneck racist bible thumpers.
It's satire
It's funny
Move along

Is it actually funny though???

Reduce the navy to a single Disney cruise ship...

That's not clever.

None of this is offensive. I'm not saying that at all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join