It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom De Longe with answers about UFOs, Life, the Universe and Everything...

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I know that I've been really hard on Tom. I have my reasons.

I've listened to that interview provided in the OP at least three times now.

I've changed my mind on Tom. Call it Stockholm Syndrome, or whatever because of the elections and escapism and nothing else fun to focus on, I dunno...

SO? Springer? This Dude needs his own special background image. You know what I mean? Tom should be included in the background splash-screens, or whatever you are calling them.

He kinda rocks. A little (mostly, really. Good kid.).

I'm going to STFU now and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The Undertaker

...can someone tell me what to read up on before the next book in this series regarding this?

Kinda sounds like the next book is about Roswell.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

It's supposed to be a bio of sorts of Bab Lazar

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: ctj83

Maybe AI and the increased marketing of seti style articles are both hitting now for a linked reason?

Kev

Personally I don't see a link between the two, but I think AI is marketed more often because we are on the brink of creating our own 'spectre' (or we want to prepare people on certain concepts of it). Computers are getting 'smarter' then us, and this can be a scary thought, certainly if we don't do it right.

Imagine an AI with the task of making humans laugh. After some reasearch this intelligence figures out it's most efficient to just capture us and stimulate the muscles that makes us smile/laugh. This way of thinking combined with ethical programming and all the information computers know about us could make an ugly cocktail ...

I think I'll pay your post about AI a visit ctj83

Now, if there is a 'spectre' acting on our planet, wheter it's artificial or not (does that even matter? for all I know we are "artificial"), I'm more interrested in what it's here for. At the most basic level we can say progress or containment?
edit on 1-11-2016 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: Skeletonized
I usually just lurk around here but thought I'd post this.

Is it just me or has the frequency of articles such as this increased lately?

Here's another one.

I'm not saying this relates to anything in this thread but who knows. My impression is that it has picked up greatly just this year alone.

It could just be a massive coincidence. But...

I mentioned earlier in the thread that maybe there is a trigger point for 'disclosure'. The trigger being the point when it becomes official that we've discovered life beyond earth. Whether that be bugs on Mars, Europa or a comet or a sign of life from beyond the solar system. That point is looking closer and closer. So are other plans now accelerating?

I don't know. Maybe we live in interesting times?

Perhaps.

I haven't followed the UFO-lore for that long but "disclosure" is something that comes up all the time without any results whatsoever (to my amateur knowledge). I started getting more interested in the UFO subject after watching the Disclosure Project, believe it or not. Now, say what you will of that but several of the witnesses were just too trustworthy to be liars (in my opinion). It really piqued my curiosity and expectations, and i thought that this might just go somewhere. I never liked Greer but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Fast forward a couple years: What happened? Nothing. Fool me once..etc

Anyway, i really hope there's something to this because I really wants some answers (as we all do)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I still really love this Art Bell Show

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Well that's the thing.

What if the aliens we are looking for are AI?

Kev
edit on 1-11-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I read Toms first book, it really brought nothing new to the topic, except his teaser at the end. Something that had to do with the Greek Pantheon-interesting, I suppose.
What happens when our "AI" meets "Their" AI? Or are they all one in the same?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HiddenWaters

Well the primary thing to ponder, is if an alien AI really has been here since prehistoric times, what would it do?

Get to know the local AI if one existed?

Well one did. There are now 7 billion hardware platforms that such a thing could run on....if proper access controls were granted (permission).

Im talking pure fantasy nonsense of course.

But no quantum AI supercomputer man has built can match even one human brain (for a short time yet).

Btw. I haven't read Tom's book, so i have no idea what it says. I don't like highly dilluted stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Duplicate. Sorry.
edit on 1-11-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Duplicate.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

I started getting more interested in the UFO subject after watching the Disclosure Project, believe it or not. Now, say what you will of that but several of the witnesses were just too trustworthy to be liars (in my opinion). It really piqued my curiosity and expectations, and i thought that this might just go somewhere.

I don't think UFO witnesses are lying in many cases. They just don't understand what it is they have seen. However sadly there is also much deception going on in the UFO field. Some of it for attention, some of it to hide secret tech & tests and some of it to extract cash from the gullible.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Btw. I haven't read Tom's book, so i have no idea what it says. I don't like highly diluted stuff.

Well I'll add my review then, mainly as fiction, but based on non-fiction.

I have looked at Tom's book and noticed it was co-wrote by a Brit - A.J Hartley. His father wrote "Fly Fishing by J.R Hartley".

The book contains quite a lot of printed paper and many words. The story behind the title "Sekret Machines" is actually based on the fact that neither Tom nor A-Jay can spell. I picked up a copy in my local bookshop on one of the hottest days of the summer (must have been almost 20°C!!). I positioned myself near one of those free standing fans in the shop and it certainly turned the book into a bit of a page turner.

I began to get funny looks from the assistant in the literary establishment just as a blind man walked in swinging his guide dog round and round in the air close to the bookshelves. When the assistant asked if I intended to make a purchase I responded negatively, making it clear that I, like the blind man, was just having a look around.

Then, as I was about to place the book back on the shelf, I accidentally rubbed my fingers into some fresh superglue mislaid nearby. Needless to say I have not been able to put the book "Sekret Machines" down since!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It's not really very explosive. Decently written. One could argue it's not about extraterrestrial life at all.

Of course, that would now be at odds with Toms emails.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I've read it. It intertwines stories of a pilot, heiress, owner of a website about odd things and several other people. Their paths lead them together at the end.

In this fiction it looks like there is a bit of what COULD be facts relating to UFOs. Easy to see what those are. It's an ok read, but I found some of the plot devices used in each person's individual story a bit contrived and cliched.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Very much agreed, some may interested to know that, according to my understanding, the next book has a forward contribution by Jacques Vallee

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Is that some of the "famous British humour?
Watch a lot of Jimmy Carr do we?

Kev

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Vallee you say?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That's an intetesting rumour. I had a conversation with some of my contacts and they had never heard of TD until i broached the subject.
(They don't read ATS or keep track of pop culture).

It goes to show you that there is not some giant unified group. There are various factions that often don't talk to each other.

Kev

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yes, at least that's what the grapevine has to offer

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Is that some of the "famous British humour?
Watch a lot of Jimmy Carr do we?

I don't know about famous, or even British, was it even humor?
. Jimmy is one of many good comedians from our fair isles. Has he been over to the US?

Anyway I digress.

Tom's new book is going to be callled Sekret Machines 2 : Tales of Podesta according to : www.spin.com...

I can't find any other source for that so take it with a pinch of salt. Nothing about Vallee writing a foreward for it. It's also gone a bit quiet on Wikileaks the past few days.

edit on 1/11/16 by mirageman because: typo

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join