It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Protests 9/21/2016- At least one person shot

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sargonIII
a reply to: imthegoat

the war on drugs is a huge problem i agree but its not sensationalist enough for the media to cover. the country isnt being divided by the race baiting in the media because we were never one to begin with. you call it failed policy but i think the policy worked exactly as planed. i do support rioting and its inevitable that more people will die. americas(and the entire western worlds) foundations are built on white supremacy (native american genocide black slavery colonialism)

You're so scared of being inferior, aren't you? You have to blame other people for having success because it's out of your will to reach it, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

my thought patterns arent deplorable. reality is deplorable. im not saying i want people to die but the the reality of the situation is that more people will die. sure we could all come together and join hands in peace all across the world in minutes if people wanted to. but we both know that wont happen. as america becomes more unstable geopolitically and our foreign polices go to crap there will be more civil unrest and more violence. not just in america but all across the world. i personally will have little to do with it but i do enjoy watching and speculating.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

if thats the case then why arent you out there protesting? because your comfortable enjoying life in america as a white man. unlike minorities. more whites get shot because they make up a larger percent of the population

I am not out there protesting because I didn't fall for the lie. Why aren't you?

You are not even trying. On page 5 on this thread I answered that using many sources and numbers to show that blacks do not get shot in greater ratios.

The Harvard study isn't discussing how many total people that were black and white were shot, it shows that an unarmed white is more likely to be shot by the police than an unarmed black.

Clearly you didn't read the link, because you don't care about the facts. You already have your mind made up, and you have your feelings.

I will help you, here is the relevant parts from the study.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the image of police shootings that many Americans hold after the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota.

Mr. Fryer, the youngest African-American to receive tenure at Harvard and the first to win a John Bates Clark medal, a prize given to the most promising American economist under 40, said anger after the deaths of Michael Brown, Freddie Gray and others drove him to study the issue. “You know, protesting is not my thing,” he said. “But data is my thing. So I decided that I was going to collect a bunch of data and try to understand what really is going on when it comes to racial differences in police use of force.”
Continue reading the main story

He and student researchers spent about 3,000 hours assembling detailed data from police reports in Houston; Austin, Tex.; Dallas; Los Angeles; Orlando, Fla.; Jacksonville, Fla.; and four other counties in Florida.

They examined 1,332 shootings between 2000 and 2015, coding police narratives to answer questions such as: How old was the suspect? How many police officers were at the scene? Were they mostly white? Was the officer at the scene for a robbery, violent activity, a traffic stop or something else? Was it nighttime? Did the officer shoot after being attacked or before a possible attack? One goal was to determine if police officers were quicker to fire at black suspects.

And here is the important part.

In shootings in these 10 cities involving officers, officers were more likely to fire their weapons without having first been attacked when the suspects were white. Black and white civilians involved in police shootings were equally likely to have been carrying a weapon. Both results undercut the idea of racial bias in police use of lethal force.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

im actually pretty successful and happy with life and who i am as a person. i think what you stated is a general fear of everyone who fears being inferior that has nothing to with race but everything to do with the current state of the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

your not protesting because your comfortable being a part of the white majority and you feel safe

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's unfortunate BLM and these protesters who want to protest against whitey and the cops don't recognize they're being used and funded by one of the wealthiest white men on the planet in Soros for political gain.

So really, they're just going out and proving how clueless they are. They're so ignorant to the situation they fail to see they're pawns in a much larger game. Want respect? Acknowledge that, then go protest Soros and his liberal partners for using you as pawns.

MLK and Malcom X are probably rolling over in their graves at BLM.
edit on 22-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

you guys havent seen anything yet. there will be more protest and more police shootings and retaliations as time goes on. if you dont know why people are rioting then i assume you are just ignorant to the plight of minorities in america. but its been a long time coming.

I'm sure your right because the victim hood brainwashing is very well ingrained in the black community.

It is much easier to keep blaming the white oppressor for all your problems than it is to put the blame on the black community that practically encourages single parent families, and that it is uncool to get an education.

This victim hood mentality is a self fulfilling prophecy, and these antics of rioting over cops shooting a man waving a gun at them when anyone in the same situation would act the same way exposes the whole blacklivesmatter movement as having nothing to do with injustice or facts.

edit on 22-9-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

your not protesting because your comfortable being a part of the white majority and you feel safe

Cute.

Now you're just going around spewing racism, assuming anyone who disagrees is white.

That's not much of an argument.

BTW, I'm sure a number of black people stayed in their homes tonight and were scared by all these idiots tearing down their own neighborhoods.
edit on 22-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Dr. Walter Williams agrees. This landed in my email today.
hosted.verticalresponse.com...

Cruelty to Black Students
Last year's college news was about demands for safe spaces, trigger warnings and bans on insensitivity. This year's college news is about black student demands for segregated campus housing and other racially segregated campus spaces and programs. I totally disagree with these calls by black students. It's a gross dereliction of duty for college administrators to cave to these demands, but I truly sympathize with the problems that many black college students face. For college administrators and leftist faculty, the actual fate of black students is not nearly so important as the good feelings they receive from a black presence on campus.

I've begged this man to run for president. It is his kind of seeing reality that can slow this train down.

In the area of education today, it is the numbers on the sheet that count.

In the progressive world all is either black or white, progressive or regressive, zero tolerance or undisciplined hedonism....they are bi-dimensional viewers of the world, never having been taught to think critically but follow blindly or face unpleasant consequences. As Grambler has pointed out, they are interested in feeling good about the moment, never looking up to see the massive train-wreck we're approaching.

I've been ignoring the news lately and haven't followed this story. It was brought to my attention tonight by an email message from a relative who lives in Charlotte. All the hospitals in the area have been on alert with ER personnel and surgery teams standing by. Evidently there was some chatter somewhere about planned "incidents" tonight. I have no doubt that the professional rioters have arrived and are spreading their particular brand of cheer.

I suspect that "chatter" might have been the reason the Governor called in the National Guard.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

its true that black lives matter are being used as pawns by liberal democrats and george soros who want to destablize america for globalism. but that shouldn't discredit the concerns raised by the black community. even mlk said he regrets trying to integrate his people into a burning house and you can be sure america is burning. the damage done by liberalism is irreversible at this point. and if hilary gets in the white house you can bet there will be more violence.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

its pretty obvious from his profile pic that hes white

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sargonIII

" its pretty obvious from his profile pic that hes white "

So , in some regards Racial Profiling is OK ? Try to Guess what Race I Belong to then ?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

also true that victim mentality has been rampant in black communities i agree with alot of what you said except i think blacks are targeted by police. the black lives matter movement is just an extension of the failed civil rights movement regardless of if they are being used as pawns the concerns raised are valid.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

is it profiling if hes using a photo of himself as his profile pic ? i assume youre some type of ant
edit on 22-9-2016 by sargonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

How do you know as a Matter of Fact that his Avatar Pic. is a Pic. of Him ?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

" i assume youre some type of ant "

No , I am not an Ant , Only a Misfit who Cherishes his Privacy .........)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

a reply to: ksiezyc

with all due respect i assume youre either racist or ignorant to reality. protesting is a constitutional right and a precursor to revolution which often includes violence and chaos.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I see nothing that permits looting, burning property and assaulting people in the process of petitioning the government for a redress of grievances. Burning, looting and vandalizing PRIVATE property at that---if they are mad at the government, why are they not looting and burning government property? Those folks driving along the interstate have no authority over the actions of the police.

Dr. King proved that peaceful protest works. Why they have abandoned that philosophy, I have no idea.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

well if you treat people like second class citizens thats what you get regardless of if its legal or not. dr king failed and he realized that before he was assassinated. peaceful protest changes nothing.
edit on 22-9-2016 by sargonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

oh it definitely does. but lets not pretend america is a perfect country (given its history of racism and genocide)

Who is pretending anything of the sort?
Those of us who have been constant witness to this escalation of violence against US citizens by governmental agencies have been feeling like John the Baptist, a voice crying to the wilderness. First they harassed the minorities and because the majority let them get by with it, now they believe they are our Masters in all matters of life.
Race isn't and shouldn't be the issue---tyranny should be the issue. But as long as they can keep us divided according to color, they can keep capitalizing on the division and nothing will change.
The pity of it is that so few can cause so much damage in such a short time. The economic impacts of these riots are far-reaching and add to the financial misery of already depressed communities.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

a reply to: diggindirt

well if you treat people like second class citizens thats what you get regardless of if its legal or not. dr king failed and he realized that before he was assassinated. peaceful protest changes nothing.

So please show me the rioting, looting and vandalism committed by the Suffragettes in their pursuit of the right to vote. Just a couple of instances of whole neighborhoods burning will do.
The "Silent Brigade" was so effective that the president himself ordered them arrested. They never killed anyone, never beat anyone to a pulp and never burned any cities or portions thereof. It's a bit of history that your history classes should have provided you.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join