It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Protests 9/21/2016- At least one person shot

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

effing moron

I think they embrace that title proudly while holding up their smart phone to take a selfie with cops in riot gear behind them.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I also noticed earlier on Fox News that they were crying that the #AllLivesMatter people aren't there, and that they should be because "all lives matter!"

My question is WHY would they show up when #BlackLivesMatter protestors constantly call them racist, and refer to the whole #AllLivesMatter "movement" as being racist. Claiming that saying "all lives matter" excludes african-Americans somehow. Idiocy, hypocritical idiocy.

Isn't there a saying about "crying wolf"..?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Oh I remember seeing such a thread not long ago today. Shoot center mass! Which they do. If law enforcement took the time to aim for a smaller target(arm or leg) the would:

1.Likely miss as these limbs are often in motion in such situations.
2.More likely get shot and killed by the target due to the time in aiming.
3.Have a higher chance of hitting a bystander.
4.Not actually disable the target.

Oh I completely agree with that sentiment. I think they should. Law enforcement only though. The rest haven't been affected by violence like this(to my knowledge).

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
you guys havent seen anything yet. there will be more protest and more police shootings and retaliations as time goes on. if you dont know why people are rioting then i assume you are just ignorant to the plight of minorities in america. but its been a long time coming.
edit on 21-9-2016 by sargonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Yes, center of mass....always.

I disagree. Who's putting out the fires and tending to the wounded?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sargonIII

So this has nothing to do with economics, class or a MSM / WH narrative?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sargonIII

What plight? You mean that there are more black criminals than there are white(proportionally I mean)? The number of unarmed blacks and whites shot by law enforcement is almost the same.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21277171]sargonIII[/po
I live 7 miles from Ferguson, MO. I am up there, shopping, dropping people off at the college, almost every day.
The real BLM protesters are trying to be heard.
The looters and rioters are taking advantage of a situation.

Know what? I do stand with those who want to make this area better. More black people have approached me to speak to me ( am white) in the past 2 years than in the last 20. People of color are making an effort and I am as well. Please understand, for many whites, black culture is baffling. I think I got some of it decoded and I know the black people here are trying to decode white culture. We are trying. We are all trying. I don't want to see one more person shot. Of ANY color.

And speaking for people around here, the riots (any riots) just make people uncomfortable and awkward. Whites see the looting and cannot see beyond it. They don't know how to engage with the BLM movement when people who claim to be part of it are burning down a gas station.

link   

You know what. Hell, these rioters are burning down their own neighborhoods. Let them. But there are many innocent's that need medical attention. Perhaps nationwide police vacation, regional fire department vacation(areas of the riots) and no total vacation for the medical personnel.

link   

originally posted by: sargonIII
you guys havent seen anything yet. there will be more protest and more police shootings and retaliations as time goes on. if you dont know why people are rioting then i assume you are just ignorant to the plight of minorities in america. but its been a long time coming.

Uhhh, rioting = has nothing to do with protesting. Riot = criminal. Protest = non-criminal. If you can't see the difference between the two then perhaps you're part of the problem.

Why aren't they attempting to bring more attention to the failed "War on Drugs?" You do realize that the level of incarceration for young African-Americans is largely due to that failed policy, yes?

You supporting the rioting and seemingly okay with more people dying, getting hurt, and even more civil unrest suggests that you're ignorant to the core.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

You know what. Hell, these rioters are burning down their own neighborhoods. Let them. But there are many innocent's that need medical attention. Perhaps nationwide police vacation, regional fire department vacation(areas of the riots) and no total vacation for the medical personnel.

There is a huge flaw in your way of thinking.....

When they finish burning down their own neighborhoods they will move and come and burn yours down.....

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

oh it definitely does. but lets not pretend america is a perfect country (given its history of racism and genocide)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

True. That is an issue. But, this is merely a hypothetical and I do not think a very serious one at that. Besides the vacation is only a week.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I see people who are supposed to be members of the bright future. College students. I see them everyday by the hundreds and interact with them. They all support this. Even the professors, with whom I also interact with, support this idea that the blacks are being persecuted by law enforcement.

Not all academics fit in the progressive movement. There are still a goodly number of Jeffersonian liberals in the classrooms at our local university. In fact there is a free speech liberal at the helm. An "incident" was created recently on campus by the snowflakes who got their panties in a wad when a group labeled as "white nationalists" by the Southern Poverty Law Center set up an information table in the Student Union. They demanded that the racists be removed and banned from campus. For the university president it was a teaching moment.

I am a firm believer that Murray State University, as an institution of higher education, is the “Marketplace of Ideas.” I t is our role to hear all ideas and to test them. It is our responsibility to come together and have competing thoughts debated, to question one’s assertions and theories, to allow one to make statement s , however contentious , but then to have them back up their stance and to question their logic and to challenge their conclusions .

Murray State University, in its role as the Marketplace of Ideas , is a place where members of our community should debate differing opinions and we must set the example that diversity of thought can exist in an environment where ideas are debated civilly and with respect, ensuring that we have a zest for learning, discovery and enlightenment. John Henry Newman, the great educational thinker whose ideas provided the foundation for liberal education, believed that the clash of ideas brings forth truth. This belief is codified in our Statement of Student Rights ; in our pledge to uphold the standards of academic freedom and in our policies, procedures and codes to prevent administrative censorship. Furthermore, it is our responsibility as a public institution to uphold the Constitution, particularly the First Amendment, in our work efforts.

www.murraystate.edu...

There are still a few of us old hippies out there also, holding out for classical liberal values, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. One told me recently, "You want to know who is going to lead in the next 20 years? Look to people who have been home-schooled or otherwise not subjected to public education." He believes they are the only students being taught to think critically and test ideas.

I see, from my limited exposure as a volunteer public educator, the vast gulf that exists between public school groups and home-schooled/co-op groups. We don't have to schedule extra staff for the privately educated groups. They are always accompanied by parents/grandparents and know how to behave themselves. The public school groups are a different matter altogether. Some teachers still have their classes under control. Most don't.

In my mind it is true that blacks are being persecuted by police. There's no doubt in my mind about that because there's no doubt in my mind that the entire population is being persecuted by law enforcement, the judicial system and the Federal government. We are seen simply as revenue sources. Those groups have gotten the idea that they are our Masters and any questioning of their authority should result in instant death. They don't give a flying flip about color, they care about power and exercising power over other humans.

We had a former student of mine bunking in at our house during one summer school session. His home was a couple of hours from our town. On weekends he traveled home to help his parents care for his granny. When his uncle, who was in the military, left on deployment he loaned his shiny new, red sports car to the guy for his weekend trips. I can tell you that not a weekend went by that he wasn't stopped on that two-hour drive. A young black man driving a shiny new sports car is either a drug dealer or a car thief in the eyes of the patrol officers on the highway. His "offense" was always, "I noticed you swerving and wondered if everything is okay." Sniff, sniff...looking into the car very carefully.

That was back around the turn of the century. They have gone from treating minorities like subjects to treating us all like subjects. It's the very thing Dr. King warned us about. If the government can treat the downtrodden shabbily, eventually they will extend that equality to all of us. We see his prophecy coming true.
edit on 21-9-2016 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Facts have been presented on this thread, and you have chosen to ignore them.

Have anything to say to the Harvard study, done by a black man, who was shocked at the results that actually unarmed whites are more likely to be shot by the police?

No you don't. What you have are feelings, and your threats. Thank you for proving a point I was making in this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is a huge flaw in your way of thinking.....

When they finish burning down their own neighborhoods they will move and come and burn yours down.....

That may not be such a good idea. Where I'm from, our neighborhoods are well-armed. Remember....when seconds matter the police are just minutes away.

When I saw those mobs stopping cars on the road, it looked like there may be houses around there. Wouldn't it be horrible to see a dozen crazy hyped up thugs walking up your street just looking for something to tear up or someone to hurt. God bless the 2A.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

the war on drugs is a huge problem i agree but its not sensationalist enough for the media to cover. the country isnt being divided by the race baiting in the media because we were never one to begin with. you call it failed policy but i think the policy worked exactly as planed. i do support rioting and its inevitable that more people will die. americas(and the entire western worlds) foundations are built on white supremacy (native american genocide black slavery colonialism)
edit on 21-9-2016 by sargonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

if thats the case then why arent you out there protesting? because your comfortable enjoying life in america as a white man. unlike minorities. more whites get shot because they make up a larger percent of the population

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

a reply to: MysticPearl

it began as one. then turned to a riot. who cares if laws were broken when the whole system of government is unjust? you dont want true freedom and equality you want to be comfortable.

You don't make any sense.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

the war on drugs is a huge problem i agree but its not sensationalist enough for the media to cover. the country isnt being divided by the race baiting in the media because we were never one to begin with. you call it failed policy but i think the policy worked exactly as planed. i do support rioting and its inevitable that more people will die. americas(and the entire western worlds) foundations are built on white supremacy (native american genocide black slavery colonialism)

Your thought patterns are deplorable. No one else needs to die. No one else needs to hurt. The media propagates this hogwash to fit whoever's agenda and it's disgusting. The people who fall into the race baiting are weak minded, ignorant, bafoons. Absolutely no reason for any of this. Supporting the violence on either side is an abomination, and substantially reduces faith in humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join