It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Protests 9/21/2016- At least one person shot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So I just want it known that the man who was shot was on life support, then dead, then on life support again. It circled the MSM even.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: JinMI

I see people who are supposed to be members of the bright future. College students. I see them everyday by the hundreds and interact with them. They all support this. Even the professors, with whom I also interact with, support this idea that the blacks are being persecuted by law enforcement.

This is progressive politics. There are oppressors and oppressed. Academia is almost entirely progressive, and god help you if you challenge them. We have seen the vitriol that is thrown at anyone who questions these narratives on campuses.

Now we are brainwashing an entire generation of students. Facts no longer matter, only feelings. It doesn't matter that hands up don't shoot was a lie, because people feel like Mike Brown was shot unjustly. Divide us into groups, and destroy any dissent. Ignore facts, and embrace feelings.

This is what we are fighting against.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

a reply to: slider1982

I know my life is meaningless. I'm white. My life means nothing. Law enforcement is not the issue. Neither are we the whites the issue. The issue is poverty and crime. Black on black violence. These are the issues that must be tackled.

How can it ever be addressed when you have a regressive left ever expanded society (it would seems) that has a brain washing scheme that makes anyone that questions the current situation a racist???...

If you state that Black on Black violence is a product of culture the liberals will lynch you..

RA

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I completely agree. I can not stand any of it. My blood boils and I say I'll stop watching and reading about this, but I can't stay away. It infuriates me to see how people think and behave. I find it funny that they say black lives matter and then continue to destroy their own black communities and use statistics only when it is fitting for them. I admit. Blacks are more likely to be shot and killed by law enforcement than whites looking at number killed to population ration. However, and this is very important, the number killed unarmed between blacks and whites is almost the same. The blacks that are killed are violent or armed for crying out loud.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Governor on Fox says he just declared a state of emergency.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well I suppose then may God help me tomorrow. I attend a college and a professor wishes to discuss the police brutality against blacks. I will stand against this idea and I know I will be alone in this endeavor.

This hate movement, Black Lives Matter, is causing for an increasingly distrustful atmosphere between the very people they claim to protect(they really don't) and law enforcement.

I stand in opposition to the third wave feminist movement and the Black Lives Matter movement, not because I am a sexist or racist, but because these movements are hateful and do not promote equality or peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Neighbor of original victim on CNN calling for a boycott of spending money by blacks until change happens????

eta:

Oh I guess she meant don't spend money in Charlotte. That will help the blacks in Charlotte!!
edit on 21-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I understand that they prefer emotions over fact. It is pitiful. I wish to make them see, but they are blind and despite my appearance I am not Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Neighbor of original victim on CNN calling for a boycott of spending money by blacks until change happens????

And I'll keep repeating this until something changes.

None of this crapola is about equality. It's about supremacy and handouts.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Well I suppose then may God help me tomorrow. I attend a college and a professor wishes to discuss the police brutality against blacks. I will stand against this idea and I know I will be alone in this endeavor.

This hate movement, Black Lives Matter, is causing for an increasingly distrustful atmosphere between the very people they claim to protect(they really don't) and law enforcement.

I stand in opposition to the third wave feminist movement and the Black Lives Matter movement, not because I am a sexist or racist, but because these movements are hateful and do not promote equality or peace.

I appreciate your bravery. Let me warn you though, this could affect you academically, and I guarantee you will not change this professors mind.

If you do want to challenge him, I can post some facts from another thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Protestors now attacking cars on CNN.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Democratic republic of the US

At this rate it will resemble Zimbabwe in the next 30 years..

Start looking at your family trees to see if you can gain citizenship anywhere

And the Nerve of these assholes saying to give up your guns... I would head straight out and purchase a AR15 just to take my mind of this nonsense..

RA

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

How dare you assume her gender! My professor happens to be a female. I understand this could affect my academics, but I believe that this echo chamber in which the youth and liberals live in is not only due to the fact that they actively seek out other people and sources of information that confirm their beliefs, but because people like me stay silent simply to avoid conflict.

I'd appreciate some facts. I have some from the Washington Posts(2015 statistics on police killing people) and black on black(and white on white) murder rates.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

How dare you assume her gender! My professor happens to be a female. I understand this could affect my academics, but I believe that this echo chamber in which the youth and liberals live in is not only due to the fact that they actively seek out other people and sources of information that confirm their beliefs, but because people like me stay silent simply to avoid conflict.

I'd appreciate some facts. I have some from the Washington Posts(2015 statistics on police killing people) and black on black(and white on white) murder rates.

Darn gender pronouns!!!!

Ok here goes. This is in response to someone saying the reason more whites are shot by police than blacks (which is true) is that there are 5 times more whites in this country than blacks...

You are right that whites outnumber blacks 5 to 1, with blacks being around 13% of the population. Yet they commit 52% of murders, and other violent crimes in disproportional numbers.

ucr.fbi.gov...

There were around 37 million blacks, and 4379 black arrests for murders, that means that blacks had a .00012 chance of being arrested for murder.

Whites were around 196 million, and there were 3799 white arrests for murder. This means whites had a .00002 chance of being arrested for murder.

Now I will grant this isn't exact because the population numbers are rounded, but its pretty close. Could the reason blacks are 5x more likely to be shot by police be that they are commiting about 5x more of the violent crime?

I am sure you are aware of the Harvard study that showed that actually unarmed whites are more likely to be shot by the police.

www.nytimes.com...

Now I am sure you will say, "yeah but those stats can be skewed in this way or that" but you won't apply that same scrutiny to the stats on blacks shot by the police.

According to the Guardians tracking of all people shot by cops in the US only 33 unarmed black men were killed by police this year. 65 unarmed white men have been killed.
www.theguardian.com...

Given the polices more likely hood to have high stress encounters with blacks do to the disproportional amount of violent crime in some black neighborhoods, these ratios are about what you would expect.

Every unjustified shooting is a tragedy, but are we really supposed to think that these numbers suggest a police force that can't wait to kill blacks. heck, more police have been shot this year than unarmed black men. But keep the narrative going.

I feel this is on topic because it directly counters the narrative of these rioters. The Harvard study is particularly damning to their narrative, because it shows unarmed whites are more likely to be shot by police than unarmed blacks.

edit on 21-9-2016 by Grambler because: added links

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
just saw a guy they said got shot by a rubber bullet.

My son lives in Charlotte, just south of downtown.

waiting to hear from him......

Just got a txt. frckn kids. "we wanted to go"

I understand, being 19, young dumb and full of #. I told him to keep his ass home or *I will drive 10hrs and kick his ass.

Kids........

What a mess this Country is becoming. This is what happens when labels and division are policy.

Stosh, you just explained not only the universal solution* to social
breakdown; but effectively exposed the sole root cause of it.

It's not my place but the invitation stands, I'll hold your coat.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You know I was apparently disrespectful when I said I am male and that I don't conform to the idea of these gender pronouns? I'm not sure how that was disrespectful. I simply have a different view.

Good information and I thank you for it, but most of the links don't appear to be working(they appear as plain text). They work now I see!

I think one of my main points on the killings of blacks will be this(as stated in a previous comment):

"I admit. Blacks are more likely to be shot and killed by law enforcement than whites looking at number killed to population ration. However, and this is very important, the number killed unarmed between blacks and whites is almost the same. The blacks that are killed are violent or armed for crying out loud. "
edit on 21-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So the governor just called in to CNN and condemned this violence.

Don Lemmon pressed him that he should let the dash cam video out to the public. Governor says this could be against the rights of the police if their is a trail. He also said that other people on film that weren't involved also have rights to not have there images be released.

Don Lemmon and his gaggle of narrative supporters all agree that this video should be released. Forget the rights of the accused! They say it would stop these riots.

This is where we are at, we must sacrifice peoples rights out of fear that progressives may riot.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

CNN was interviewing a Black Charlotte government official who was livid, because he was tear-gassed accidentally. Just after he said, "We got to get Donald Trump to stop this insanity!", the CNN reporter said that he had to cut back to HQ for a breaking update, or some crap like that.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

CNN was interviewing a Black Charlotte government official who was livid, because he was tear-gassed accidentally. Just after he said, "We got to get Donald Trump to stop this insanity!", the CNN reporter said that he had to cut back to HQ for a breaking update, or some crap like that.

LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Thankyou for eloquently displaying with numbers and statistics, what most Americans know instinctively, but don't know how to prove it. You just did! Thanks again, Grambler.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join