It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stereotyping Democrats by Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
all the news networks are centrist IMO except fox which is far right.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

thanks,
drfunk

All news networks are slanted way left except Fox, which is objective news and center-right analysis.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by drfunk

thanks,
drfunk

All news networks are slanted way left except Fox, which is objective news and center-right analysis.

considering your far-right views and you living in the US, there's no way those other networks are far left, come on you have a little bias in your analysis there
maybe in American politics they would be considered far left

come on, think about it, all the major news networks are owned by major corporations and if they were to promote a far left agenda it certainly wouldn't be in their interests. They obviously and logically would promote a centrist agenda IMO.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 31-1-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Fox's only saving grace is that Murdock is an Australian, other than that it's rubish
It's ironic that Murdock who used to support the ultra left wing Witlam government in Oz now supports an American right wing government. For more reading.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I doubt Rupert Murdoch has any political axe to grind, he was just a really good businessman. He noticed that practically all the television news media in the U.S. was to the left of the electorate so he found a niche market -- a niche like 50%! Now Fox is by far the highest rated cable news network by far! Not exactly rocket science...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I doubt Rupert Murdoch has any political axe to grind, he was just a really good businessman. He noticed that practically all the television news media in the U.S. was to the left of the electorate so he found a niche market -- a niche like 50%! Now Fox is by far the highest rated cable news network by far! Not exactly rocket science...

That's just BS...Murdoch gets a whiff of the money and favours to be had and changes affiliation accordingly. In the UK apparently his media Sky Broadcasting is left-leaning in favour of the Labour party.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

That's just BS...Murdoch gets a whiff of the money and favours to be had and changes affiliation accordingly. In the UK apparently his media Sky Broadcasting is left-leaning in favour of the Labour party.

What evidence do you have that Murdoch is on the take from any political party anywhere right or left? If you have none, the simplest explanation is he modifies the news style to fit the market. The U.S. is much more conservative than either the UK or Canada.

[edit on 1/31/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What I can't figure out is why so many people have it out for FOX News. I don't watch CNN because it's just a bunch of liberal BS that leaves you depressed about the world and life in general. I've never heard of FOX fans trying to boycott CNN and their sponsors.

Sounds like a bunch of lefties upset that ONE network is broadcasting an alternative view from the one that they prefer.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUTH Ambassador
What I can't figure out is why so many people have it out for FOX News. I don't watch CNN because it's just a bunch of liberal BS that leaves you depressed about the world and life in general. I've never heard of FOX fans trying to boycott CNN and their sponsors.

Sounds like a bunch of lefties upset that ONE network is broadcasting an alternative view from the one that they prefer.

I think everyone is pissed at Fox News because they are so blatant about it. CNN covers its tracks with being a biased news agency while Fox News blatantly has its own ads with all Republican figures in it. Just watch one Fox News advertisement on Fox News, they show Bush, Reagan's, American Flag, and September 11th all in one ad. I'm merely stating what i've seen on Fox News. If I could find the ad on the net, i'd post it.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
--Evil, Arrogant, and what happened to that "liar" who said O'Reilly sexually harrased her? Oh right, paid off.

---Not that bad, works only for the paycheck and doesn't believe a word that comes from his own mouth.

--Good Guy, wants to be next Lou Dobbs.

--Wishes he wasn't the worst liberal debator in the world.

---Suprised he has a job.

---Pretends to be an elitest, and knows everything about everything.

---What do I love more than myself? The word, "Hannitization." I'm gonna "Hannitize America!"

===================================================

Give me a ******* break, does anyone listen to Hannity? If you don't see his moronization of America tour as stupid than ignorance must be bliss. How do these guys get their jobs? Is there some contest, who is the best at being a a**hole?

[edit on 31-1-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell

I think everyone is pissed at Fox News because they are so blatant about it. CNN covers its tracks with being a biased news agency while Fox News blatantly has its own ads with all Republican figures in it. Just watch one Fox News advertisement on Fox News, they show Bush, Reagan's, American Flag, and September 11th all in one ad. I'm merely stating what i've seen on Fox News. If I could find the ad on the net, i'd post it.

Every one is pissed at Fox? How can EVERYONE be pissed at Fox when it has the highest ratings?

I am not pissed at Fox, and niether are plenty of other people.

In fact, the political "center" isn't pissed either - the only people that are "pissed" are whiney liberals because they offer a conservative slant, much like CNN does for the left.

And by the way, maybe the reason Bush, Reagan, the American flag, and september 11th are all in the same add is because:

A) Bush won the election
B) Reagan died and was one of the most beloved presidents ever
C) We live in America
D) September 11th was the most important event in the last 20 years

Do you understand that simply putting 2 presidents the flag and THE major news even of the melenia is NOT a promo for the Republican party?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   

TextD) September 11th was the most important event in the last 20 years

ahahahhahahahahhahahaha! your kidding right?? The fall of the Berlin Wall was FAR FAR more important, so was tienanmen square and so was the progress made towards a palestinian state in 1993. The only thing that gave sept. 11 importance was a bunch of neocons who use it as an excuse to achieve their true aims at the expense of the lives of fine young men and innocent civilians.

THE major news even of the melenia

I doubt it'll be the biggest news event of this millenium.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 1-2-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Isn't not watching CNN because of it's perceived political ideology the same as boycotting it? So how can you not have heard of a Fox fans boycotting CNN when you are doing it yourself?

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
CNN is crap. Their ratings are half what FoxNews are and that simply has resulted in Mr. 'Big Mouth, I love Jane Fonda, proclaiming that FoxNews is in the ballpark with Hitler.

For you folks having difficulty with FoxNews because apparently your remote is broke, or you have not bothered to replace your remote batteries, or simply to lazy to get up from your couch and walk ten feet to manually turn your TV channels, never fear:

Yes, you too can have your very own FOX-proof Cable Box

You have been given the tool to your 'salvation'. Use it or simply continue to whine and moan, while most of us continue to ignore you and/or offer a tissue.

seekerof

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by The Division Bell

Every one is pissed at Fox? How can EVERYONE be pissed at Fox when it has the highest ratings?

I am not pissed at Fox, and niether are plenty of other people.

In fact, the political "center" isn't pissed either - the only people that are "pissed" are whiney liberals because they offer a conservative slant, much like CNN does for the left.

And by the way, maybe the reason Bush, Reagan, the American flag, and september 11th are all in the same add is because:

A) Bush won the election
B) Reagan died and was one of the most beloved presidents ever
C) We live in America
D) September 11th was the most important event in the last 20 years

Do you understand that simply putting 2 presidents the flag and THE major news even of the melenia is NOT a promo for the Republican party?

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah..........Your boring me..........Could you make a better arguement to support your case. Why do you like to pick out my postings of everyone at ATS? Weirdo.
I wasn't even taking sides on this issue, but you just want to attack me anyways. I was only explaining from my own perspective. I don't like or dislike Fox News. Do you have some kind of vendetta against me and what for? Cause I don't share your opinion on other issues?

[edit on 1-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
CNN is crap. Their ratings are half what FoxNews are and that simply has resulted in Mr. 'Big Mouth, I love Jane Fonda, proclaiming that FoxNews is in the ballpark with Hitler.

For those of us who have not watched either Fox news or CNN could you explain who you are refering too? The Mr. Big mouth guy, who is he? I used to watch CNNN but that was a comedy send up of CNN and have not seen Fox news more than a few times, so I'm not too familiar with the personalities on the respective news networks.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Another page of thoughts, and still all I see are complaints that Fox News is right-side-heavy. I don't see anyone being particularly surprised by that.

Furthermore not a single person has explained to me why the fact that you disagree with their political ideology means that they should be run out of business.

The statement then goes like this "My personal preference is not in tune with this station, therefore I encourage everyone to boycott their advertisers and hopefully shut them down".

Not very "free" sounding to me.

If you don't like the way FOX reports the news, change the channel, we live in an age of 1,000 channels. Find a different one.

Trying to deny a television station the right to exist because you hate their politics reminds me of something. I didn't know some of our membership supported the way places like Iran and China report their news.

If you want news outlets to be controlled and forced to meet a standard in terms of what and how they report it, please come out and say so. At least then you'll be honest to yourself and the rest of us.

You have a remote control, boys... use it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent

Originally posted by Seekerof

For those of us who have not watched either Fox news or CNN could you explain who you are refering too? The Mr. Big mouth guy, who is he? I used to watch CNNN but that was a comedy send up of CNN and have not seen Fox news before, so I'm not too familiar with the personalities on these respective news networks.

Mr. Big Mouth = Ted Turner, CNN co-founder, aka The Mouth of the South -- likes to compare FOX to the Nazis.

CNN has such a liberal bent it was like they were covering a funeral on election night when it became clear Bush was going to win -- complete with tears welling up in the anchors' eyes.

FOX is balanced, when discussing an issue here they always have a Democrat and a Republican to cover both sides of the issue.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And Democrats stereotype anybody else that isn't them also, it works both ways.

People need to stop sterotyping eachother, it's not dems or reps that are dividing this country it's everybody that participates in stereotyping.
That is the divider... That is what puts the wall up...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hehe sounds like fun (the fights these networks have) and BTW if anything that documentry i saw earlier tonight made me want to get foxtel rather than turning me off it. I think you can get it through optus these days, who would have thought that would happen? Oh and i have seen Fox news of course but i don't have it myself. Wouldn't mind tuning into that O'Reilly show where he tells everyone to "shut up" so i might get it

Edit: I have also seen the real CNN on free to air here, the coverage of the US election was by them. Your post reminded me of this, i probably have seen both more than i can remember whether it being at a friends who has foxtel or on free to air. NBC is actually the one that is put on free to air the most here with the today show at 4:00 am in the morning every day.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join