It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stereotyping Democrats by Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I thought I'd share this funny Newsweek/MSNBC article I just read.

Keep in mind it's just some friendly satire

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trent

Originally posted by TRUTH Ambassador
What I can't figure out is why so many people have it out for FOX News. I don't watch CNN because it's just a bunch of liberal BS that leaves you depressed about the world and life in general. I've never heard of FOX fans trying to boycott CNN and their sponsors.

Isn't not watching CNN because of it's perceived political ideology the same as boycotting it? So how can you not have heard of a Fox fans boycotting CNN when you are doing it yourself?

[edit on 1-2-2005 by TRUTH Ambassador]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ha ha. Good job DJ. I think we all needed a little statirical break.

"Isn't not watching CNN because of it's perceived political ideology the same as boycotting it? So how can you not have heard of a Fox fans boycotting CNN when you are doing it yourself?"

Trent, allow me to clear up my seemingly inconsistant statement. There is a difference between aggressively boycotting/wishing their demise and Textpeacefully chosing not to watch a media outlet that I do not agree with. That is what I was saying and I believe that I reflect the latter of those two motives.

Sorry that these post are so sloppy I can't figure out how to properly insert quotes.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah I guess your right, i do see the difference and don't worry I'm sure not going to complain about your post being messy because mine are all other the place most the time and often need edits before they make sense, even then they are probably hard to understand. It would be a case of the pot calling the kettle black if i complained

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ah, Rupert Murdoch. Americans barely know the fella's roots. But I do. I remember a little C.I.A. operation in Australia and a man named Geoff who lost his job as PM thanks, in part, to Rupert. I guess his reward was being allowed to build up his little empire here in the States without any oversight by the FCC or the FTC.

John Stewart can barely satirize this network as they do such a great job of comedy news themselves. But these days I can't laugh like I did in August 2001.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noumenon
I remember a little C.I.A. operation in Australia and a man named Geoff who lost his job as PM thanks, in part, to Rupert.

???? Geoff who ????

Do you mean Gough, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oops. How nebulous of me. I meant to say GOUGH (WHITLAM), former Australian PM.

sydney.indymedia.org...
tells one story

www.wsws.org...
tells a different one.

A complex story. Links easily obtained by Googling:
"Gough Whitlam" "Rupert Murdoch" and/or C.I.A.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hello, people here:

As a guy from ex-communist country, I and my friends all agree that FOX has exact pattern as most communist propganda machine----just opposite direction. I still remember the astonishment I had when the first time I view their extreme talk show program or comment such as "let those Russians kill each other or let those people nuke each other, who cares!" Or "China is still under extreme dictatorship government, people are scared to death everyday".

When I was a kid in China, what I heard is "American people was extracted their blood by those capitalism, they are living on the edge of death". The riots happend in Detroit or Los Angles was reported as "American people finally wake up and start to fight for their freedom!!"

Hahah........pretty funny, huh?

I just wish years later, you can feel same funny when you recall those words said from Fox news. I feel funny now cause I know what patterns of these propaganda machines look like........

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Thanks, Mask, for catching that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join