It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Continued from page 158...

Gaalen lay awake, staring at the ceiling as dim shadows moved across the beams above. A lamp burned low and the fire in the hearth still glowed with orange embers. His mind spun and raced, turning over the impending departure of the Bastion guard. Reports claimed the Makata leader – he styled himself Emperor – had raised an army and was headed toward southern Aavelae. If he crossed the Ash River the Bastion would be there to meet him. Forces were being assembled just outside of Avaanse even as Gaalen lay there, but it took weeks to prepare an army for marching. Dozens of details swam in his head.

Seeress Meron also dominated his thoughts. In the days since she arrived, rumors of her viperish tongue had flown through court and even the Lords and Ladies Captain at the Bastion. She seemed to have little respect for anyone’s rank or authority when it came to voicing her opinion, only giving proper deference to the royal family. To make matters worse, she evaded the men he sent to protect her. They came to him flustered and upset because she had simply disappeared, or never met them at the appointed time and place to begin with. He was failing in his orders and was unsure how to rectify it, and her deliberate obstruction frustrated him to no end. He had finally told Sir Paralan to simply camp outside her apartment doors in the small hours of the morning in order to follow her the moment she left her quarters.

He hoped for just a bit more sleep. All the moons were down now, and the sun would not rise for another hour. True night fascinated him, with its complete darkness. You could see so many stars it boggled the mind. He wondered what they were like, if you were close. Were they all just suns like theirs? Were there other worlds Aomm had created like Geaomm? Spinning, spinning, further down, he felt his eyelids finally get heavy…

The knocking was persistent and loud. Gaalen toyed with the idea of ignoring it, but with his luck it would be Lady Commander Macosai. He pulled breeches on and slowly made his way to the door. His head was only slightly fuzzy this morning, despite a rather late night with Kaena. She seemed to be able to make an immeasurable quantity of wine disappear. He glanced over at her as he passed the end of the bed. The sheet clung to her graceful hips, and she remained completely still, unaffected by his departure or the pounding on the door. He grabbed a shirt but didn’t bother lacing it, so it hung loosely from his shoulders.

The room was still and cool, the sky outside still dark. He turned up the oil lamp to brighten the sitting area better. The curtains separating the sleeping area would keep the extra light from waking Kaena. Reaching the door, he opened it with indifference. To his surprise, there stood Seeress Meron.

edit on 10-19-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: spelling!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Another Great Story installment Shep! I love your tale!!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Exactly my thought, Syx. Nothing I'm going to say will change anything or make it better, but I can at least be present and available.
Not to go all biblical on everyone, but in the book of Job there's a really fascinating thing that happens. Job has all this terrible stuff happen to him - he loses all his wealth and his home, his kids are all killed, and he gets struck with these horrible diseases. His three friends come to find him and they just...sit. They don't talk, they don't try to do a bunch of stuff for him. They are just present with him in his suffering and grief. I think whether you believe the Bible or not that seems to me to be a pretty good example, so I'm trying to do essentially that with my friend,

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Wait til you see what happens next, Syx!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Can't wait!! And yah, I think that by just being there, it helps with good vibes and all that... Try to stay positive for Him. That's the best advice I can give. I know You didn't ask for any, but I wanted to help in whatever way I could... It's My nature to help. Drives CC nuts at times!! LOL!!

Hey I gotta go get some stuff done here . Real life and all that... Take it easy.
(Syx is seen flying away...)

edit on 19-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

yes they do as thats where i got them..so running out to get you some more..could you please share them with me..they are so good..

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Nom nom nom....... gulp.

Ooopsie. Ah-ha. Ummmm. Those were visitedbythems? *blush*

(sorry)

*puts Lucky Charms on her shopping list*

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

My young Shepherditos ate them all, unfortunately. They are now bouncing off the walls in high-volume fashion...
I'll see if I can find some more around here somewhere...

ETA: Oh wait you said you're going for more! Awesome, of COURSE I'll share!!!

a reply to: AboveBoard

edit on 10-19-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I guess nobody is up for my awesome challenge.

ETA: This cracks me up:

edit on 19-10-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Bahahaha! OMG, Skiddy, that's great!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Night Star

It JUST HAD to be in it's own thread!! SO far other ATS members who have seen it have really liked it!!

I posted this a while back in an earlier Shed. I bought it a long time ago and still have it.

It's like 2 feet across!

I have dusted it since the pic was taken!

LOVE it!!!!!! I had bought a smaller one for a gift for someone once. Aren't they gorgeous???

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I do volunteer work for my local library - been doing it for seven years and counting. They do a week-long sale and need someone that can lift. Because they can't pay me, I get showered in books, CDs and basically anything else (especially food). Usually it goes so late I barely have any time to do anything else for a while.

I trust that all is well on your end?

To the other Sheddites, Hi!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hiya CC! That's how I do things when I have a lot of work to do. I'll do some work then rest and do more, then rest...LOL I do a little at a time and before you know it it's all done.

OMG Syx, loved all the Halloween dragons!!!

Kat, I was going to throw in a couple of youtube vids for Halloween treats, but there were tons of them. Just go and you'll see some really cool and easy ideas!

Awwww Shep, I was so sorry to hear about your friend who lost his wife and has two kids to care for alone. He is going to need your company to help him through this and the kids too. I'm glad you had lunch together. That is so sad.
You know, it is so true, sometimes just being there without even saying a word can make a difference in someone's life. If he wants to talk about things that's fine you can talk together. If he needs some quiet time and have you for support, just knowing you are there will be enough.
Enjoyed your latest story entry! I always look forward to reading more!!!

Hiya Foss Honey! How are you tonight?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Skid Bro. What's Your awesome Challenge? Did I miss something from earlier or somethin'?...
P.S. I love that Poe image!! Someone was thinkin'!! LOL!!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I am doing fine, and how are you?

Going to be working on a special project this weekend - Rewriting some of the stories I did here on ATS (assuming I'm allowed to have them). Decided that some of my pieces are good enough for an anthology through Kindle, so that's going to be my focus. I'm planning to do the artwork for the book as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i am going in here for the debate. I can;t take the mudpit one or the newer one from somedumbbroad. If anyione wants to make comments here, I will look.

But in general, just laying on my chaise.

edit on 19-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well, you can't just give the answer away!

I had to go back and find the challenge, but you already answered your own quest wit a pic. It is from The Raven. Now, if my Poe collection hadn't died in the hurricane in 2008, I could pinpoint where . . . but alas, I have no moe Poe.

My favourite Poe by the way is The Golden Scarab.
edit on 10192016 by JDeLattre89 because: Because I can.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hi Reldra. Yah stay outta there for a while maybe. I tend to stay away from those threads. People get too hot under the collar and lose control, of their tempers and their mouths!!
Kickin back on Your chaise sounds like a good move!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Thank you, Night Star. Yes, my friend is in a tough situation. I wish I could share more, but I feel as though it's not my story to tell, you know?

I will say I very much appreciate The Shed to come for a little peace, though.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Hello Night...yes that is what i am doing..i am taken it slow..but even when i start to hurt i push my self to do more..i so ant my room done so i can start on another room..it will be the kitchen next...i also have for the kitchen alot of bird houses..so the ones that can hang i will hang them up in the ceiling..i have way to much bird houses but hey my kitchen before we moved was so big i loved it..the kitchen was like a mint green color i am just trying to figure out what to color this kitchen..maybe stick with the mint green...not sure...well i will be here back and forth to facebook and then here..lol...

i hope your night is going good..

CC

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join