It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Ok no more about when I will be shaving off My face hair hun. It will happen though. Might be in years, or maybe in minutes. Ya never know! And I'm not tellin Ya!!! LOL!!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

you wont have to tell me as i will see it..and scream and then cry..and i might kick you...well you do the shopping..haha..you shave it off i will stop shaving my legs..haha

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'll be back later Shedarians. My phone is acting dorkier than I am, so It needs to get fixed. When punching in numbers for a call, if I hit any of the middle numbers, it shows as numbers two lines below where I pushed. Texting is a fiasco too!!! It hasn't been dropped or damaged, so the 'why' of it's probs are very perplexing... So fair Warning!! I'll be Back later...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If You stop shaving Your legs, we will have to buy a mini lawn mower to cut that hair when You do it again!!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

no just a weed wacker...well i guess maybe your phone takes after you on being dorkie...haha...but sorry about your phone i think...still love you no matter what...just dont shave..lol...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
a reply to: Martin75

Thank you all! Wow - I'm glad you liked it. So, to answer Syx's question "Does that mean you have more, already written?" The answer is yes, I have a few more words written...like, er...about 70,000

I didn't want to post too much because I was afraid of inundating/dominating the thread. SO...How about I post the next bit before I go exercise and get all sweaty on the keyboard? See the next post...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Continued from the very first episode...

Gaalen dismissed thought of the woman upon entering the Tulvar; she had to have gotten past the same guards he did. Perhaps she was a new recruit to be part of the Ladysguard. A formidable group, they were. Every one of the women under Kaena’s command was as deadly a killer as any of the brutes in his Color, and many of them in far different – and more subtle – arenas. Kaena, a childhood playmate of Gaalen’s, ensured every single one was lettered and instructed in a wide variety of political and clandestine arts, as well as rigorous training in kala ratoen, the basis for all martial arts at the Bastion. Dangerous women, they were – equally capable of seduction as they were of open warfare. Some were masters of disguise, and could melt into any social situation so well not even Lady Macosai could tell if one was part of the Ladysguard or just some noblewoman. Gaalen did not begrudge Kaena her methods, but more than once Gaalen had considered the ramifications of the Ladysguard abusing their power. As long as Kaena led them, his fears were allayed, but if someday someone else took over, an entire fortress of highly skilled women with the ability to Command or Compel a man at will was a force to be reckoned with. Aavelae – indeed all countries – needed to be wary of unlimited power in anyone’s hands, even with the world the way it was. Humanity was losing its fight with the natural world; they could ill-afford a ruthless dictator.

While Lady Macosai’s apartments were near the top of the two keeps, her audience chamber for daily business was only on the third floor. The entrance chamber to the Tulvar was a massive circular room, the ceiling two floors up. Wide staircases around the outside led to walkways ringing the room on the second level. Frescoes along the balcony depicted some of the more famous battles in Aavelae history, but they hid a darker purpose. Behind the frescoes ran a passageway dotted with murder holes that could be used to defend the entrance to the keep if necessary.

Gaalen ascended the staircase on the left, then strode along the walkway to the second flight of stairs opposite the Tulvar’s entrance. Once on the third floor he made his way to the Lord Captain Commander’s audience chambers and was greeted by Sir Pathon, the graying Seneschal of the Bastion.

Pathon had been teaching strategy at the Bastion when Gaalen first arrived as a timid and clumsy adolescent boy, and the grizzled soldier had not changed much in that time. His thick hair, a mixture of black, white, and gray, was cropped short. Bushy eyebrows gave his serious blue eyes even more weight, and his neatly trimmed beard hinted at the thorough, particular way he approached anything Gaalen had ever seen him do.

“Good morning to you Lord Braeghe. She is expecting you.”

The Lady Captain Commander’s audience chamber was surprisingly well lit for being in the lower floors of the Tulvar, the late morning sunlight streaming in the tall east-facing windows. Lady Macosai sat in a tall, straight-backed chair, poring over the parchments and scrolls that littered the plain table she sat behind. A great tapestry hung behind her, depicting the Sword and Shield, the Crest of the Bastion. She looked up quickly when Gaalen entered.

“Ah, Lord Gaalen. That was prompt.”

“Yes, my Lady. Joen indicated that you wished to see me as soon as possible.”

“I do. Please, sit,” she said indicating one of the chairs that faced the table. Gaalen could tell Lady Macosai meant business this morning – she always reserved the comfortable chairs ringing the fireplace for less formal occasions, choosing the hard wooden chairs facing the desk for the times she was about to give orders or about administer discipline. Gaalen had received plenty of both.

“You have done well recently, Lord Gaalen.”

“Thank you, Lady Macosai.”

“It is no secret that you had me quite worried for a time, young man. I am pleased to see you back where you belong.”

“Yes my Lady, I admit I was nearly lost. I have since found my path.”

“Good. The Bastion needs you. You will be going to the Ash River. Braeghe Color will have the center, but Lord Elerac will lead the operation and oversee the cavalry. You are all subject to the command of Lady Captain Rivercross, of course. There is no better swordsman in the Bastion than you right now save Lord Robaer, but his place is with his scouts. Besides, I could split a hair with the difference between you two,” she said, waving her hand dismissively.

“I understand, Lady Macosai.”

“You are disappointed.”

“No, Lady. I trust your judgment. To hold the center is an honorable charge. Braeghe Color will not falter.”
She looked a Gaalen for a moment, and he attempted to keep his face as relaxed as possible. He was disappointed – it would have been quite an achievement to command an operation this size at his age, but he was willing to wait. He could not deny that Elerac was the better choice, despite Bryn’s opinion.

“Very well. There is something else I need of you.”

“Yes, my Lady.”

“One of the Ladies of the Eastholds, Lady Eveleta Meron, Amaerke i'Lithelwait - is sending her youngest daughter to study at the Temple, or something of that nature. She has asked me to ensure her safety while she stays in Avaanse. The details were not entirely clear, for the message had been damaged during travel. Apparently the messenger had some difficulty. Regardless, I would have you assign a few of your best men to safeguard her person. I do not think more than one at a time is necessary. This is Avaanse, after all, not some Mons Rosian pit. Choose men of integrity, Lord Gaalen. I will hold you to account if anything untoward should happen to her.”

“I see, my Lady.” This did not please Gaalen in the slightest. Such duty was for the Royal Guard, or even a paid sword. In addition, several of the other lords – including Lord Elerac – had served in the Royal Guard and had experience in this sort of thing. Gaalen hadn’t the faintest idea where to begin. Not to mention he had no desire to become some child’s nanny, or to force any of his men to do so.

“Now, truly, you are disappointed.”

“With respect, my Lady, it is not my place to judge the orders I am given,” he responded stiffly. “My men and I will perform such as the Lady Captain Commander deems necessary. We are the Sword and Shield, be that holding the center against the Makata dogs or keeping watch over girl-children.”

He struggled to keep irritation off his face, but he was not certain he had been successful. As Lady Macosai eyed him for a moment, the muscle on his jaw popped out.

Abruptly, she spoke again. “The girl’s name is Siere. She should be…”

There was a heavy knock on the door, and Sir Pathon poked his head in. “My Lady, there is a young Lady Siere Meron to see you.”

“Thank you, Merkum. Please send her in.” She turned to Gaalen with a faint smile. “As I was saying, she should be arriving soon.”

Despite his irritation, Gaalen chuckled quietly.

edit on 10-6-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Evening folks!

Great story Shep! I really should get back to my own story soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yes. As a matter of fact, you should!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

LOL! Hmmm, need some inspiration. Maybe some music. I'll see what I can do, but I get side tracked sometimes so this may take a while.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

[nods head emphatically]

Yes. This I understand...^^^^

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
a reply to: WalkInSilence

thank you for the welcome.

My pleasure, I feel it is appropriate to say hello before I begin any kind of conversation with a new person here in the Shed, it is "familia".

There's just something noble about shepherds and sheep dogs - humble, dutiful protectors and guides.

Yes these are traits worth nurturing.
But in our world humility is shunned, duty equates self indulgence, protection is brute force segregation on all levels and no one accepts any guide lines, it is absolute anarchy.
(Jeez I went off on a rant there)

I have a great fondness for our canine friends

Ah a fellow caninephile . They are amazing beings. If we would just listen they could teach us how to be "human" again.
When did we become deaf to the voice of creation?

I think you've come to the right place here, though!

Yes this is the right place or a perfectly chaotic multiverse. The Shed is a vortex, black hole, in the ATS galaxy. A safe haven.
Having been a member for so long, I am grateful I was "found" last year and invited to join The Shed.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Continued from page 114

They came from far and wide returning to their sacred Kingdom. Majestic dragons filled the air, landed in open fields and upon the shore. Men, Elves and other beings rode in upon their magnificent steeds. The horses hair finely braided, broad backs covered with blankets woven with golden threads and embroidered with intricate designs. Wondrous and exotic animals walked in long lines to gather at the gates. Faeries and pixies flew and danced upon branches and flowers throughout the land. They came in groups large and small with laughter, joy and much love in their once heavy hearts.

After a time, Tobias asked Garren and his companions if they would like to see something special. They agreed and followed the Light Bearer into the great hall where upon the stone walls hung paintings of the ancestors. It was there that Garren saw his Parents for the very first time. His Father was tall and well built with long brown wavy hair, a mustache and short beard. His eyes were dark and piercing. A very handsome man. He moved to the painting beside it and saw his beautiful Mother with long silken caramel colored hair and jewel green eyes that melted his heart. Both wearing warm smiles upon their faces. There was another painting with both his Parents and an infant swaddled in blankets in his Mother's arms. He saw...himself. He could almost feel their pride and deep love.

Other paintings lined the long hall of Grand Parents and Great Grandparents, on and on through the centuries. He stared at each one. This was his family. This is where the forest boy came from and belonged. It was still all so new and overwhelming. Tobias handed the young man a wrapped parcel. "I was going to wait for the coronation to give this to you, but I simply could not wait a moment longer. They all sat around in anticipation of what this gift might be. Slowly he unwrapped the parcel and inside were deeply embossed leather bound journals. "They belonged to your Parents. There are many more from your ancestors in the archives of the great library."

Garren thanked Tobias and even hugged him. He wanted to read through them, but knew there would be plenty of time for that. For now, he only wanted to spend what remained of his precious time with his friends that he held so dear and returned with them to the castle gardens. The air was brisk as the afternoon unfolded. They watched the squirrels scurrying about and listened to the song birds in between their chatting about the past, present and hopes for the future. All would be well in the Kingdom of Alandias.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wis, my dear wise friend! How are you tonight?????

Hello Shep if you are still here and to all others who may wander across our lovely realm.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

That pace cannot be kept up ad infinitum; you just can't work people that hard.

I volunteered, due to severe conditions, as Syx pointed out previously, if you do so it is permissible. So I don't feel abused just extremely fatigued.

you're a human, not a robot.
Well, at least I think you are!

If I am a Bot they forgot to put the "obey all commands" chip in.
I am obnoxiously assertive.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

There is nothing obnoxious about you dear Lady! Besides, even there was, at our age, it should be allowed. Right? LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Night here we come

When I read your story that we are all riding in, I thought I'd saddle up.
Very nice entry.
Thank you for asking how I am.
A little better today. At least my brain is working.

OK no jokes about that.

I enjoyed having the day off and actually have four. So I clock eighty hours and have four days of then I meet state regulations. Sneaky bastards. Ups can I use that word?
I am fine with the hours. It was "force majeure".
But my whole body feels like something pulled out of a grinder.
Hugs Dear

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I see - that makes sense. Well I will pray for deep and restorative rest for you then.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I am still around!
Although I may be signing off shortly to spend time with Mrs. Shepherd. We have some Netflix to stream I believe...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wis, I just LOVE that pic!!!!!

I am with Shep in praying for a deep restorative rest for you.
Hugs!!!!!!!!!
Now tell us a story!

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join