It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears
CC I LOVE that pic!!!! How adorable!!! I must say you have some very good looking men in your life....lucky lady! Tell your son he is stuck with his beard....have you seen the videos of babies that see dad's for the first time after they cut off their beard? I will try to find one, they are FUNNY!
(OK, found one that has a few in it)

a reply to: SyxPak
Awesome Halloween picture!!!!

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
I'm only a little over an hour from Roanoke! Southern tip of West Virginia.

OK guys almost time to head home, thank goodness. I will catch you all tonight!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hi Jess! That video is funny!! That is probably how CC will act when I shave off ALL my Facial hair!! She has never, I don't think, seen Me WITHOUT it!!
I have I believe always had at least a mustache...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Howdy. I probably won't be all that talkative today. I'm worn out. No sleep last night and working like mad to unload the truck today. Between pain and exhaustion I'm just feeling blah. I'll probably lurk. Have a good one.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

yes i am vwry lucky to have three wonderful men in my life....wow did i just call my two sons men...wow....lol..awww..that was so cute..and yes i did have a few tears rolling down my face..as i would so cry if syx removed his..i never ever has seen him with out his hair...i would not like it if it was gone...as i love hair...

edit on 6-10-2016 by ccbears because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey Bro! I bet You ARE tired and worn out. Long drives burn Me out too. Plus I know how the unpacking goes all too well! I hate moving. Even when it is for the right reasons,it just, well, Sucks!! LOL!!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

yes i so would and i would even have tears like i have now just thinking about you cuttng it off..So dont...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hmmm. Well then, You better behave! Or it will be SHAVING TIME!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hello Sunshines! I got pages behind, but didn't get to sleep until 4 or 5 am and slept the day away. I slept well though.
Tomorrow I'll be going out with a friend I haven't seen in a while and then on Saturday it will be the Autumnfest here in town that I will be going to with another friend. So a busy couple of days ahead for me.

I enjoyed everyone's posts, pics and vids today!

edit on 6-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A small sampling of the Jack-O-lantern event held at our State zoo. I went once. This is only a sampling. There are thousands of lit up pumpkins intricately carved and displayed along trails. As you are there, there is music and sounds in the background. Amazing!!!!! I would never be able to stand in the waiting lines and walk through the entire thing now, but I am grateful I got to experience it back when it first opened many years ago.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
They try not to have less than five thousand pumpkins. Here are some cool ones.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello Sunshines! I got pages behind, but didn't get to sleep until 4 or 5 am and slept the day away. I slept well though.
Tomorrow I'll be going out with a friend I haven't seen in a while and then on Saturday it will be the Autumnfest here in town that I will be going to with another friend. So a busy couple of days ahead for me.

I enjoyed everyone's posts, pics and vids today!

This reminds me of how I dress up every Halloween to keep children from coming to my house to try and get candy.
It usually dose not work.

That's because I think I look like this:

But to the kids I look like this:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Bahahaha! Oh my goodness, that mouse one is so cute! How are you Tom?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm about to head offline for a bit. But how about a little bit of a very long story first...

The great walls of the Bastion loomed above him some time later as he trekked away from the Port District. The Bastion itself sat on Tullon Head, the rocky peninsula that formed the eastern wall of the Avaanse harbor. The wind off Greygate Bay blew his brown hair around his head as he ascended the crushed stone path up to the gates of the Bastion. High up the path, a rider on a lean roan made their way to the open gate.

The Bastion was a stark monstrosity. The wide walls that surrounded it appeared white, although up close they were slightly gray, and Gaalen could not tell what kind of stone they were made from. Square towers rose from the outer wall at irregular intervals. There were no entrances at ground level aside from the huge gates that faced the city, and a single sally port on the leeward wall that only the Ladies and Lords Captain were informed of. The top of the wall was wide enough for siege engines to operate from, including the new style trebuchets the Bastion engineers had recently designed. The Bastion’s Outer Gate was on the western edge of the south facing city-side wall, near the harbor. An attacking force that managed to breach the Outer Gate would be required to maneuver eastward between the walls to get to the Inner Gate, which was situated on the eastward side of the inner wall. A single bridge and several underground passageways linked the two walls, allowing for the deployment of defensive forces on both walls even if the Outer Gate had been breached. Only two armies had ever breached the outer wall, and neither of those had made it far enough through the killing gauntlet between the walls to even attempt an attack on the Inner Gate.

Inside the Inner Gate rose the two keeps – the Tulvar and the Elver. Each tower stood grim and mountainous, watching over the city. The various outbuildings and facilities were scattered around the yard, but the heart of the Bastion was in those two towers. Most of the military knowledge in the realm was contained in the volumes sitting upon mahogany shelves in the Bastion’s library, a huge room three stories tall on the first floor of the Elver. Lady Captain Commander Macosai could see the entire Bastion yard – the gates, the killing zone, Greygate Bay, and the sea to the east – from her apartments, which were in both the Tulvar and the Elver, connected by a narrow bridge high above the yard. The Bastion held a small temple as well, in the Elver, although its Ringhall was nowhere near the scale of the Temple of Avaanse. The rest of the keeps were taken up by barracks for the Ladysguard and Lanceguard, various receiving halls, and cavernous training rooms where Gaalen and Bryn spent hours sparring.

The Outer Gate stood open today, and Gaalen walked through uncontested. He knew that would change at the Inner Gate, and he was not disappointed.

“Lord Gaalen Braeghe to see Lady Captain Commander Macosai,” he said to the masked Lanceguard holding crossed halberds in front of him. It wasn’t until he pulled his windblown brown hair away from his face that the guards released the block.

It was Bastion rule that no one may enter the inner grounds with their face hidden, even if it was due to simple wind. In contrast, the guards at the gate always wore masked helms. None were granted entry without verification, and concealing the identity of the guards prevented reprisal from any powerful visitors who were offended at being treated no better than anyone else. Lord Gaalen Braeghe, however, was a well-known enough figure that he was almost always admitted immediately, and was only detained in the event two new Lanceguards had drawn gate duty.

As he strode past the stables he noticed the same rider he had seen entering the gate when he ascended the pathway. Dark hair was drawn back and tied with a leather thong, and slender arms reached from under a dark green traveling cloak to rummage through a saddlepack. The rider straightened and turned, then gave a start at seeing Gaalen walking by. It was a woman, travelworn and disheveled, but quite attractive. Not expecting a woman, Gaalen’s eyes widened in surprise, surely matching the large dark eyes that stared unblinking back at him. He had been about to make a relatively crude remark to what he imagined was a new recruit, so his mouth hung open slightly, and his steps hitched for a moment. The woman recovered quicker than he did, flat eyes and pursed lips replacing the surprise that had been evident a moment ago. She purposefully turned back to her mount to dig once again in her packs. Shaking his head slightly, Gaalen continued on his way.

edit on 10-6-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Shep that was amazing! Well done Sir! I can't wait to read more of this adventure!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

i have been good...so it stays on for life...haha..i would so go crazy if you shaved it all off.. and so upset i so know i would cry...but it would be nice to see your face at some point in our life...but who knows i might be more scared of what is under all your hair..wow..ok no more about this...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

WOW..now thats alot of pumpkins...I would so love to see this now..maybe the zoo up around chicago does this...i dont remember if they did or not..some of them are just so wow looking...they did a great job on them..thanks for sharing this...now i wont to go on a haunted search for ghosts in our area..i will look and find some..its that time of year to go and see if they are real or just talk...lol..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

that was great...so loved it..

CC

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

"A little bit of a long Story" ?? Does this mean You have more, already written?
If so, GET IT POSTED HERE LIKE NOW!!!!

Sorry to be shouting, But what I read so far has Me excited for More!!!

Very Well done Shep! Very well done indeed!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Skid I am so glad that you are now home and getting settled. We will make sure the pixies don’t do anything to your room here. Rest up and enjoy not having the pisser around anymore! Woohoo!

I love the banter between you two!! LOL, you always crack me up! Paul shaved his entire goatee off once; he looked like a little kid. I made him grow it back! HA!

a reply to: Night Star
Night I am glad you got some rest. Sounds like you are going to need it the next few days! Thank you so much for the videos!!! OMGosh they are amazing. That would be awesome to go to!!!!

a reply to: Errollorre
HAHAHAHA! I used to love dressing up and giving out candy. Now we live on a dead end street so we don’t get many kids at all. One of our houses (we moved A LOT) was an OLD house and still had the candle chandelier that I would light. It was awesomely spooky!!!

Beautiful writing! What a great and intriguing story!!! I can’t wait to read more!

Flipping channels and there is nothing to watch. I plan on being lazy and doing nothing but laundry tonight.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

thanks..we are just a couple of nuts...he or i can just walk and talk to each other but why when we can just do this...haha...

if Syx ever shaved his off i would stay in the house and not go any where with him until it came back...but maybe not...it all depends on what is really under there..but i am to scared to really find out...so syx please dont shave any thing off..lol..as then you will have to go and get all our food alone..

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join