It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Good morning my sweet Shedigans!

a reply to: Night Star
Thank you for the link, how very heartbreaking.

I love your newest stories, they are amazing!!!

a reply to: ccbears
a reply to: SyxPak
Oh how scary! In the mountains we don’t really have to worry about tornados think goodness. Glad you guys are safe!

a reply to: kaelci
Wonderful new story Kaelci!!!

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Oh I am just loving this story from you, amazing!!!

OK guys, I have had story time with coffee but I really must get to work. [[[HUGS]]] to everyone!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just a quick hello.

Finally, work is done for the week.
We had to give up our office space because we were too quiet (work-wise) and this week was my first one working from home. it has been crazy-busy!! Isn't that just like the thing?

I am now very tired, and in need of some beer/wine/whisky....

So sad to hear about blupblup.

I will try and pop back later.

Gx

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
It's really sad. He was a funny guy. He'll be missed.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Good Mornin'! We survived The Storm last night. Thanx for those concerned.

Night I like Your writings a page back! Nice job!!

Jess You are lucky that You don't have to be concerned with Tornados! They can be Savages!!!

Hey Gordi! Good to see Work picking up for You! Weird timing though eh, after moving the biz home??
If it will work out good at home, that would be the best for You then. You will obviously save money, not having to pay rent/lease on the other place of business?

Coming soon will be a Harvest Moon, full and brightly lit white, rising into the sky casting moon shadows where once the sun, during the daytime, had that favor.

Soon the icy wings of The Winter Dragons will be seen glimmering in the evening moonlit sky. With every wingbeat, the temperature will drop a little more. Soon after that frost will be covering everything in the morning, then eventually the purest white snow will blanket the lands...

As the cool air comes down from The Dragon's wings, the leaves on the trees will loose their summer green, and begin to turn gold, brown, and the oranges of Autumn. A covering of fallen leaves will soon carpet the forest floor...

edit on 7-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey Bro. Yah I remember reading some posts from Him and admired them for humor and some for wisdom. He seems well grounded in His thoughts...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good Afternoon/Evening one and all!

Jess, glad you enjoyed my story line that is in the spirit of Halloween. I will continue when I feel inspired.

Syx, I loved your 'Musings Of A Dragon'! Glad you and CC survived the night storm.

Shep, I too think that when we pass, it is a joyful thing and sad for those left behind.

Thanks to everyone who expressed their thoughts on BlupBlup's passing. Our family here goes beyond The Shed and reaches into the rest of ATS as you all know.

Hi Gordi! Hope to see you later when things aren't so busy!

Hey Skiddy! I bet you are still exhausted from your trip. Hope to talk later.

I will be leaving around 2:30 this afternoon. Lunch and second hand shopping with my friend Diane. Still here until then. I'll get dressed then pop in here and check the board for new posts.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yeah I am. I had to unload the truck by myself yesterday and I'm feeling it today. Between my back and shoulders, I don't know which hurts worse.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I thought this was cool. I'm just going to leave it here:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Oh man, ow!!!! Rest up Honey! Hope you feel better soon! How are the girls doing?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Great vid! Thanks for sharing it!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Good afternoon all...so so glad we made it through the storm...i have seen some bad pictures from the people who lived across the river from us..is davenport iowa..they had it real bad..i have also seen another pictures with alot of trees down on power lines wow...i did save this one...syx this is right by kimblery road..so we didnt get half of what they told us..when the siren went off it was cause maybe of the one in davenport..moline,rock island also got hit pretty hard..some their power is still out...this was posted twice for some reason..so removed one of them..well hope every one has a great day..not sure what is up for today yet..still waking up..LOL..

edit on 7-10-2016 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

edit on 7-10-2016 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Cool Unplugged song Vid Man! Thanx for the share here!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

You sayin there was a tornado on the ground in Davenport? I wondered why those sirens went off last night! Wow, we were lucky I guess. Hope no one was hurt over there across the river!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

No problem. I'd posted it before but when I saw that a couple of the members of Tears for Fears had joined him I couldn't resist posting it again. They seemed to be having a great time.

I'm glad you dodged the twister, Syx.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Continued from Page 105...
Inside the Huge Pyramid the newcomer to Accasia spoke of the portal that was opening above her head... "Stand away!" She cried out. "I was caught in something such as that, on My homeworld. Judging by the looks of all of You, I am not there anymore?" She asked.

"No You are not. This is the land We call Accasia. Home of The Shed." Syx mentioned to the female. "What may We call You?" He asked.

"I am called Mawn." came the reply.

Meanwhile CC, The two Young Bragons, and some other Shedlandians were outside standing around the fire pit area near The Shed. It was a nice warm day in Accasia.

CC tromped the ground with Her front left hoof. Dust was kicked up and the wind blew it towards the small fire in the fire pit. "What's wrong Mom?" Ash the young female Bragon simply asked. "You seem troubled..."

"I AM troubled Ash hunny. You know how much I worry about Your Father when He is away. And now that a new Portal has opened, I am scared He may get swallowed up and disappear!" She said in an alarmed tone looking very frightened.

Some around the fire began to laugh at the suggestion CC had just made. "CC You don't need to worry. Syx is a big boy and can surely handle himself." A tall male feline said.

"It's not funny! He may be big, but it's the boy thing I worry about. He is surely NEVER to grow up!" CC said wide eyed, with a slight smile that grew wider soon after She spoke. At that, everyone nearby burst out in roaring laughter, lifting the spirits of the previously distressed CC...

Back now to the inside of The Pyramid...
"Hello and Welcome to Accasia!" Said the Large Grey Dragon to Mawn, Who stared wide eyed at the talking Dragon. "What are You? I can see You are some kind of animal, as We had them on Our World, but none such as You, and They did not speak!" Mawn questioned the Dragon.

"Animal!? Well I, umm, errr, well I guess We are an Animal Species but consider Ourselves more than that, as We can Fly in the air, some of Us can cast spells, and We can ALL Breath Fire!!" The proud Grey spoke. "We speak because all living things here do!!" He said puffing up His chest. "All of The Animals and even trees and other plant life speak to Us and among themselves here." He finished with matter of factly...

Mawn simply stood still and looked around at Razor, then at each Dragon, then at the Humans Drom and Tilla.

"Come! Let us venture forth to The Shed!" Syx said smiling. "There are many here that would like to Meet You two!" He said looking at Razor and Mawn. "It is not very far, but We could let You ride upon Our back so You can experience the thrill of a Dragon Flight, or You may walk." He finished with.

"Well I for one would like a Dragon Flight very much! We have No Dragons where We are from, but do have many varieties of What We call Air Glides." Razor mentioned looking at the different colored and sized Dragons. "Will You allow Me to ride upon Your back?" He asked the Large Grey Dragon.

"I will certainly do just that for You, if You would be so kind as to tell Me what is an 'Air Glide'?" The large Grey said as He ambled towards Razor. Lowering His shoulder near the ground, he said, "Won't You Climb up My fore leg"" Razor did as asked and settled in between The Dragons shoulder blades and wings.

Mawn climbed aboard a decent sized Green Dragon. The Humans boarded together on the Back of a large Red. Soon all the Dragons with Their riders waddled towards the front of the Pyramid to leave by the wide Doorway there.

"An Air Glide is similar to that." Razor said as He pointed to a colorful Bird sitting on a nearby tree branch. "Oh You mean a Bird!" A small Blue Dragon corrected with.

"No. I meant what I said. Air Glider!" Razor said seriously.

The Dragons and Humans chuckled softly to themselves so as to not disrespect the tall visitors to Accasia.

After making Their way to a wide open field, They cantered to pick up speed and with strong down beats of Their wings, They were soon in the air. What a wonderful sight They were in the skies!

After a short while in the Air They were now over the clearing outside The Shed. "Look down there. That small structure is Our Home!" Syx said proudly to the two new Shedlandians.

Looking around at the many Dragons, Razor and Mawn were both obviously rather confused. "You ALL live in that tiny hut!?" Razor asked.

"That is No Hut, but is called The Shed. Most of Us live in the Dragons Keep a short distance from there." An old Brown Dragon stated.

"Shed? Well whatever it is called, it looks way too small to house even One of You!" Mawn said pointing to Tilla and Drom.

"Well I am sure You will be as surprised as We were, when We first walked into The Shed!" Drom said smiling wide. Everyone except The two new visitors started to laugh hard at Drom's words. The visitors took on a look of wonderment, confusion, and perhaps a bit of fright as well as the others laughed knowingly!

Down on the ground, circled around the fire pit, those gathered there were waving to The Dragons and Their riders flying high above their heads. CC was smiling, as were the rest of the group, at the sight They beheld.

"Ma look! It's Daddy!" Young Ash, the female Bragon said happily while waving at Her Father, Syx.

"I think She has already seem Him up there Ash. After all, She is waving at Him as We speak." The young male Spark said simply.

"I know that. I am just Happy to see Him, is all..." Ash said to Her Brother.

At that the Two Young Bragons began to stare at the sight of the two 15 foot tall, 4 armed visitors to Accasia, as They rode on the back's of Dragons Who were flying in a small circle now slowly nearing the ground. After landing, The riders dismounted their Dragons and walked towards the rest of the Shedlandians, circled around the fire pit...

CC Trotted up To Syx and threw Her arms around Her Husband. Syx returned a warm Hug, and gave His WIfe a soft warm Kiss. They held each other smiling for a few moments before separating...

"Fellow Accasians! Please honor Our guests with a warm Welcome to Our Lands!" Syx said loudly while sporting a wide smile.

The Group around the fire pit simply stared quietly for several moments, some wide eyed, before anything at all was said.

Walking up to One of the tall strangers, an old Wizard said simply, "Welcome. I look forward to tales of Your land and travels. Perhaps We will have some things in common?" He asked of Razor and Mawn as He shook one each, of their lower right hands.

Soon the Visitors were milling about talking to the rest of the Shed Folk. They felt right at home in no time at all...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! I will be hiding in lurker mode.
[[[HUGS]]] Love everyone!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Cute Pic there Jess! Have a great weekend!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'm also glad We dodged the tornado!! They can def be some nasty critters!!! THat's for sure!!

Hey, Gotta fly to store, then get something done on the shed. Gettin near done finally!! Laters to all You taters!!LOL!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hello Skid, Syx, CC and Jess!

Great story entry Syx!

Jess is being creepy, she is lurking. LOL

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join