It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Donald Trump is Losing...and How He Can Win.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth
You've never prepped for a single debate in your life have you?

I am not sure what that has to do with anything.
Trump is working his backside off, whilst Hillary begs for cash from rich donors, in secret.
If he doesn't care about a few rigged debates, then good for him. Shows that he gets what is going on.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
You shouldn't be pissed off at the discussion of election rigging. It's a possibility and the visibility Trump has brought to the issue helps everyone. Homeland Security seem to think it's an issue now too. America is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, after all.

Yeah it's also possible that a meteor could crash into the planet tomorrow and take out both of these sorry Presidential candidates, but it isn't something we should count on.

And yes, I SHOULD get angry at this rhetoric. Like I already said it undermines our political system completely and as well it is the mark of a sore loser.

PS: Our country is one of the least corrupt countries in the world. We aren't perfect or even the best but 16 out 167 isn't "one of the most corrupt countries in the world". You should try denying some ignorance instead of just spouting off a bunch of things you "believe".
edit on 6-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: -Blackout-
Hillary is so disliked it might not even matter in the end. Her popularity factor is bottom of the barrel.

Hillary is the number two worst liked candidate in US History. Do you know who the number one worst liked candidate is in US history? Donald Trump.

Is that true? Are both of them the least liked in election history?

With the qualifiers...only going back to 1984 and numbers from March this year..
www.cnn.com...

It'd make more sense if they were both *more* liked by *more* people considering they're presidential forerunners.

The system needs fixing when either of these two get to be the POTUS.

link   

Hillary is so disliked it might not even matter in the end. Her popularity factor is bottom of the barrel.

Hillary is the number two worst liked candidate in US History. Do you know who the number one worst liked candidate is in US history? Donald Trump.

So I wouldn't be so quick to talk about Hillary's unpopularity.

I've tried to tell them but Trump supporters never listen. They nominated the one Republican that Hillary can beat. She was either tied or trailing Rubio & Cruz in nearly every poll. Virtually any Republican that presented himself/herself as a "compassionate conservative" would've beat her too.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well your response to me about how Trump is "practicing" just shows you don't know what debate prep is, why it is necessary, and why Trump isn't doing it.

Trump is working his backside off, whilst Hillary begs for cash from rich donors, in secret.
If he doesn't care about a few rigged debates, then good for him. Shows that he gets what is going on.

Is THAT what you call what he is doing?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I've tried to tell them but Trump supporters never listen. They nominated the one Republican that Hillary can beat. She was either tied or trailing Rubio & Cruz in nearly every poll. Virtually any Republican that presented himself/herself as a "compassionate conservative" would've beat her too.

Hell, I don't even LIKE most of the Republican platform and I would have voted for one or two of them over her.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well today, accord to CNN, Trump is winning.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

And? What does that poll have to do with me saying I would have voted for another Republican candidate over Hillary?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You shouldn't be pissed off at the discussion of election rigging. It's a possibility and the visibility Trump has brought to the issue helps everyone. Homeland Security seem to think it's an issue now too. America is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, after all.

Yeah it's also possible that a meteor could crash into the planet tomorrow and take out both of these sorry Presidential candidates, but it isn't something we should count on.

And yes, I SHOULD get angry at this rhetoric. Like I already said it undermines out political system completely and as well it is the mark of a sore loser.

PS: Our country is one of the least corrupt countries in the world. We aren't perfect or even the best but 16 out 167 isn't "one of the most corrupt countries in the world". You should try denying some ignorance instead of just spouting off a bunch of things you "believe".

I'll maintain my view that America is the most corrupt country in the world, and I am entitled to say what I believe, thanks. If you want to start a thread on it, I will contribute and tell you why, but not for here.

Your political system is already undermined by bias and corporate interests driving decision making. In that sense, the 'meteor' has already hit. It's no better than a banana republic. You should be angry at that instead of people who call it out as wrong.

edit on 6/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Well your response to me about how Trump is "practicing" just shows you don't know what debate prep is, why it is necessary, and why Trump isn't doing it.

Interesting leap to judgement there. Whatever.
I'm pretty pleased that he sees the debates for the rigged sham that they are.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'll maintain my view that America is the most corrupt country in the world, and I am entitled to say what I believe, thanks. If you want to start a thread on it, I will contribute and tell you why, but not for here.

Do you. As they say, you are entitled to your own opinion. You just aren't entitled to your own facts, and in this case the facts say you are wrong. You can deny reality if you want, that is your decision, but people won't take you seriously if you do.

Your political system is already undermined by bias and corporate interests driving decision making. In that sense, the 'meteor' has already hit. It's no better than a banana republic. You should be angry at that instead of people who call it out as wrong.

"MY political system"? ALL political systems are undermined by corruption, bias, and corporate interests. Welcome to reality. For the SECOND time (since you clearly aren't paying attention to what I'm saying) the system isn't perfect. Of COURSE there is corruption, but that doesn't mean it is rampant and completely out of control.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Interesting leap to judgement there. Whatever.
I'm pretty pleased that he sees the debates for the rigged sham that they are.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I really don't care about what lies you convince yourself of to rest easy, but I WILL refute any falsehoods you try to pass off as truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Is that true? Are both of them the least liked in election history?

With the qualifiers...only going back to 1984 and numbers from March this year..
www.cnn.com...

It'd make more sense if they were both *more* liked by *more* people considering they're presidential forerunners.

The system needs fixing when either of these two get to be the POTUS.

RCP averages have Trump at -21 (58.6% view him unfavorably) (36.9% Favorably) and Clinton at -14 (55% Unfavorable, 41% Favorable)
www.realclearpolitics.com...
www.realclearpolitics.com...

With a historically polarized electorate...this is what we are going to get.

Party Affiliation right now..
27% Republican...With leaners 41%
31% Democrat....With Leaners 48%
www.gallup.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be fair, our corruption is largely legalized. Bribes can come in any number of legal ways, like campaign donations, consultation fees, finder's fees, facilitation fees, donations to charities owned by family members, hiring friends and/or family members in exchange for goods, etc. And if you ever get bored enough to look into high priced art deals, you'll also see some examples of legalized money laundering (such as THIS).

Not to mention, there are numerous legal conflicts of interest for US Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Congressmen when it comes to business ties. Cheney owned millions of dollars worth of Halliburton stock options when he was VP (whose value increased something like 3000% while he was in office). And he still received a "deferred salary" ranging from $162,392 to $205,298 a year (note: I could only find the deferred salaries from 2001 through 2004). This article HERE goes into everything I mentioned in this paragraph, as well as some of Rumsfeld's investments while in the Bush administration.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Hell, I don't even LIKE most of the Republican platform and I would have voted for one or two of them over her.

I still might vote Jill Stein over her. It just depends if my State's race is close or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
The link I provided is called the "Corruption Perceptions Index". It is an index calculated by DIRECTLY asking the public of the country they live in how corrupt they think their country is.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I still might vote Jill Stein over her. It just depends if my State's race is close or not.

I can't do that. I see Trump as a HUGE problem if elected. Someone who will make everything worse for everyone because he doesn't understand the processes he's trying to "fix". So at the very least, Hillary needs to win just so he doesn't. Granted there are other reasons I want Hillary to win (like the SCOTUS nominations), but Trump losing is pretty high up there on my list of things that needs to happen in November, and Hillary is the only one with a shot at doing that.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Do you. As they say, you are entitled to your own opinion. You just aren't entitled to your own facts, and in this case the facts say you are wrong. You can deny reality if you want, that is your decision, but people won't take you seriously if you do.

"MY political system"? ALL political systems are undermined by corruption, bias, and corporate interests. Welcome to reality. For the SECOND time (since you clearly aren't paying attention to what I'm saying) the system isn't perfect. Of COURSE there is corruption, but that doesn't mean it is rampant and completely out of control.

Actually, the facts have not been established on that point. To do so would require a conversation about the scope of corruption I am talking about in my original assertation. Once you understand that, then you can debate with actual facts - and not your link relating to people's perceptions of corruption that seems to frame your 'reality'.

As I said, if you want to debate it, start a thread and I will contribute.

So, you are saying the election corruption in the US political system is within the level of tolerance to not be a problem, so much so it angers you when it it is mentioned? You must, therefore have more detail on the specific levels of corruption that make you so relaxed about it. Please share.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Your political system is already undermined by bias and corporate interests driving decision making. In that sense, the 'meteor' has already hit. It's no better than a banana republic.

Alas...That wild view explains the mystery of why you think Donald Trump fit to rule. He is very much a white man's Muamar Gaddafi.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It doesn't anger me when people talk about American corruption. It angers me when people talk about rigging our elections. Don't conflate those two conversations because they are completely different. For one, I have additional proof that elections are rarely ever rigged and they are NEVER rigged to the point they would flip a national election.

There is ZERO basis in reality in suggesting that our elections are or will be rigged. None. Whatsoever!
Donald Trump's baseless claims about the election being 'rigged'

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join