It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Ford Logo - Three New Strong Evidences Found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Ford brand is both iconic and historical. The logo is commonplace and a scrutinized collectors item for some. Needless to say the company has a vast range of fans.

When the Mandela Effect occurred the logo became a strong indicator to those that knew the logo well.

Recently, three new examples of residual evidence came to light..

Here is the current logo for comparison:

For many (myself included), the 'curly q' or 'pigs tail' in the F is new.

Here are the three new pieces of residual evidence found. Click the link for full size.

Dealership Vinyl

OEM Vinyl

OEM Water Pump

Interestingly, Henry Ford's actual signature is closer to how many remember the logo, than what it is today.

So what do you think.. Does the "old" logo look more familiar?

-----

I anticipate based on other ME threads that these things will need to be said:

This is not a company changing it's logo.

Myself and others have checked the images for signs of tampering. Additionally the logo in vinyl on the truck bed is all one piece (not chipped). You're welcome to check yourself.

I don't know what caused the Mandela Effect. I don't advocate a theory.

The ME conversation has gone past faulty memory and common mistakes.

My primary goal is to get evidence to those interested via the OP.

With that said; I assume based on ATS skeptic culture that this thread will fill with jokes, jabs and reasoning based in a general misunderstanding of how the Mandela Effect works. Don't be surprised if I'm not responsive to comments of this nature.

Sources:

Dealership Vinyl

OEM Vinyl

OEM Water Pump

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So are you saying the logo was the same except the curl on the F wasn't as pronounced?

I wouldn't notice a change in any logo unless it happened in front of me

edit on 26-8-2016 by johnb because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I'm saying many remember no curly q on the F.

Also, there are a few that say the O was closed (didn't have a break at the top).

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I think the real tragedy is that children won't be able to read the logo now that they aren't being taught cursive.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well that's an interesting one. That logo with the curly q certainly looks odd, makes me wish I had been a little more of a ford fan. So many of these Mandela things seem so vaguely possible but It allways seems to be things that I just never payed a lot of attention to.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looking at the Ford logos throughout the years, it appears the "Pig tail" on the F came into existence in 1912.

From 1909, Ford started using the logo changed from "Ford Motor Co." to "Ford" and the 1909 logo doesn't have the pig tail on the F.

The first photo you have presented is the closest to the 1909 logo, the second photo doesn't look like any of the logos that I could find and the third has more of an oval on the F than a pig tail.

www.allcarbrandslist.com...

+33 more 
link   
They changed it........no conspiracy. Companies do change logos, fonts and update brands.

link   
Interesting. I have a lot of old Ford stuff around here. Most all of it is from late 60s and early 70s. Everything I just went to look at has no curly q on the F. But then going to look at a 92 ford truck I have the logos on it have the curl. Not sure about that being Mandela or just a change in the logo somewhere between those years.
edit on 26-8-2016 by Popeye1 because: Autocorrect

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The evidence you give for the change of logo, by showing three slightly different previous logos, just shows that Ford changes its logos a bit sometimes.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Do you think that companies do not change their logos?

Ford has changed their logo many times. The way a logo is imprinted, cut, stamped or put on has changed over time too:

Changing logos is what they do:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Agreed, cursive no longer being taught is a tragedy. We're going to teach our children the skill at home - despite them.

With recent changes public standards, I wouldn't be surprised if home based early education becomes a lot more popular.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They didn't have ink to cause the curly F.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The evidence you give for the change of logo, by showing three slightly different previous logos, just shows that Ford changes its logos a bit sometimes.

Yep.
I did the old internet search for vintage Ford logos.
There's ones with Curl-i-ques and ones without Curl-i-ques.
With Curl-i-ques seems to be more numerous.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Popeye1
Interesting. I have a lot of old Ford stuff around here. Most all of it is from late 60s and early 70s. Everything I just went to look at has no curly q on the F. But then going to look at a 92 ford truck I have the logos on it have the curl. Not sure about that being Mandela or just a change in the logo somewhere between those years.

If it's not to much to ask, could you please take photos of the stuff you have without the curly q - and post them here?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I wouldn't notice a change in any logo unless it happened in front of me

Theres the rub, lack of forensics. Not one actual Mandella (time shift) caught on video. I mean really? YouTube is filled with fake UFO stuff, wheres all the Mandella time warps?

C'mon psyops department!

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Maybe I'm not following you because I'm in the dark about the Mandela effect. I do know having worked as a graphic designer in the area of Advertising, company logos go through subtle changes over time. They do it for various reasons... improving the graphics so the logo doesn't look dated, to make it easier to reproduce at any scale or production method, to create a cleaner and crisp look, to add graphics or change it completely to help re-identify the brand, or explain more clearly what the company produces.

Ford has definitely gone through logo changes. As far as the absence of the curly "F" it could be surmised that they removed the curl due to reproduction problems such as casting. The may have realized they couldn't get the detail of the curl to reproduce so they eliminated it.

Here are some changes to Ford and some well known logo brands...

link   

Okay, you have to take all of those iterations of the logo with a grain of salt. Most dealer decals are designed and installed by the dealer, often to include the pinstripe decal that you depict. Often times, they adjust things in a logo in order to make things more legible and "clean" at smaller sizes (both of those decals are quite small). Either that, or the company printing the decals adjusts them due to the tolerances of their capabilities in printing. So, those differences are negligible and mean nothing as far as "proof" of anything concerning a Mandela Effect.

Concerning the water pump--That is a small (very small) logo that was obviously hand-engraved (in the negative, mind you) into the mold for the water pumps. Those types of things, just like I noted above in the decals, generally get altered a bit for legibility and, quite frankly in this case, probably to speed up the production of the molds (there was no need for engraver perfection on a part like this, as it was also stamped with part numbers and such). Again, this is NOTHING close to proof of anything if you understand the process of these types of things. And I've seen this a few times, as I owned a '66 Mustang from 1995-2014 (the same one), and I noticed many engravings and things on original parts that looked odd compared to the actual logos. My dad also owned a 1930 Model 'A.' My guess is that the water pump is relatively old.

As far as the Ford logo goes, it's gone through a few different changes through its life, as depicted here below. Also--and in terrible fashion--Paul Rand (graphic designer...IBM logo, Westinghouse logo, old UPS logo, etc.) proposed an updated logo for Ford, and happily, Ford rejected it. See after the history of the Ford logo.

History of the logo

Paul Rand's proposed logo

ETA: Well, I'm a little late to the game on the examples, but at least I provided the Paul Rand logo, which I'm willing to be most people have never seen. I think that you're starting to understand that this is not "strong evidence" of anything.
edit on 26-8-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

link   

As mentioned by eriktheawful logos change.

What you need to do is be able to compare 2 stone carvings of the Ford logo at least 50 years old.

Then in one 50's picture the Ford logo sculpted into granite at the entrance to a factory is distinctly different to a recent picture of the same logo at the same factory.

Multiple pictures of the same physical object showing differences can prove the ME.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
One has to also keep in mind manufacturing and how it's done.

Unless a logo changes drastically, while it's very easy to go to a new logo for things printed on paper, stickers, posters, images, it's much harder to change the logo on things made of molded metal.

To do this, you'll have to change the machines that make those parts, be it either something that stamps or cuts the logo in, or if it's molded (normally see by the raised logo), you would have to change the entire mold.

This can cost very large amounts of money, and it is much easier to simply ensure that the next generation of moldings and machinery end up with the newer logo, as the older one will still be recognizable as what company it was manufactured from.

This is why a engine block can still have a much older logo by Ford (or Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, etc, etc), but have the newer logo in the owners manual for the car.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join