It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Ford Logo - Three New Strong Evidences Found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I drove a ford for 8 years, I can't actually remember though which logo is correct as it's not something I paid close attention to.

The VW logo though, I could swear it was all connected as one and no space between the 2 letters BUT it doesn't mean I'm right as again it's never something I paid close attention to.

I'm still on the fence with this Mandel effect thing, sure seems a trollish way to alter "reality" though

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
What is missing from all these ME discussions is testimony from someone who says something like:

"I worked in the Ford factory for twenty years looking at the logo all day long everyday and one day we came in and the logo had magically changed."

Or;

"I worked at Barnes and Noble for years and one day I was looking at the computer and "Berenstein" magically changed into "Berenstain" right in front of me and all the books on the shelves were changed, too."

Instead, it's all people saying "I remember it being different a long time ago."

We aren't saying "I remember it being different a long time ago."

Given the level of proof you require, would you believe Pastors who have studied the Word whole life? These folks even went to college (Seminary) where they learned passages that aren't currently found in the Bible. Additionally their family Bibles (the one they've studied their whole life) have changed in their own homes.

That fits the examples of proof you gave. Would you take that evidence as factual?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Evidence of the past in the form of images etc are often called "Residual" evidences in the ME sphere.

Nobody knows why this 'residue' is left behind.
:

So, long story short, it's an unfalsifiable theory.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

That fits the examples of proof you gave. Would you take that evidence as factual?

Give me a specific example.

But, no, I wouldn't consider an anecdotal account "factual." How many people do you suppose there are in the world who study or have studied the Bible? If it had changed that news would be all over the place.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

It is news "all over the place" (for many).

I didn't think you'd accept an example that fits every one of your own "anecdotal" requirements - so I won't bother posting an example.

I had a feeling you weren't seriously interested in an answer to your first comment..

edit on 26-8-2016 by Pearj because: this feller was a waist of time.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

You asked for an example of a professional noticing a change in something related to his field of profession. Here is specific example,

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

A company changing logos somehow proves "reality shift"?

What a hoaxer. You too if you buy that crap.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You''re supposed to convince me with actual time warps, not changing logos.

Jif peanut butter? What a gyp, gip, jip, pfff... t

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So, tell me, when was the last time their logo didn't have the little swirl?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

Tell me how many times have companies changed their logos, their names, addresses, etc.

Its all because that black guy in Africa. The one we can't remember what he did anymore.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Let's stick to the claim you made. You are claiming that officially changed company logos are the cause of the "confusion".

So I ask you, at what point in time did they have a logo without the swirl?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not expecting you (or me) to change.

But we might! So remember me as I am today, and not how I may be tomorrow.

In all seriousness though... IMO there is nothing wrong with eriktheawful's posts. His points are completely valid. It's the Mandela Effect proponents that are the confusing ones. And I really do mean confusing. It is very interesting to observe those who are convinced it is a thing. These days it feels like you can come up with anything, throw it on the internet, have it gather a following etc. The next thing you know people want it to be respected like a real plausibility. Like Creation Science in comparison to real science. Anyway, I am in the boat of the ME being rationally explainable (as has been shown is most likely).

However, I have some questions for you, if you don't mind!

I posted this in another thread, with little response. The subject came about when talking about what happens to the people 'shifting'.

For the sake of argument.

Perhaps. Perhaps Timeline C. Or maybe it's random. It may stand to reason that as someone shifts into a timeline not their own, they push the other person out, so to speak. Initiates a shift for that person. Which, in turn, would force another shift, and another. Consider all the people in the world that would be experiencing this. So many shifts would be taking place all day, every day. Who knows at what rate? On the individual level, you would be waiting for your next turn to shift. It will happen. It has to. One shift initiates another, initiates another, initiates another, initiates another.

And how quickly do these shifts happen? Do you immediately shift? Or is it a slower process? Because I would think that if it was instantaneous or near enough so, then the individual would be constantly shifting. Which begs the question. When is there enough time to experience or recognize any changes? But perhaps it isn't quick like that.

What about the nature of these other timelines? Are there infinite possibilities? Could the outcome of my life be infinitely different from the one I am experiencing now? How similar or dissimilar are these other timelines to my own? Does it vary widely? For example. When I was a child, I wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up. I love sharks see, and the oceans diverse forms of life. I didn't become one though, at least in this timeline. But is it possible that in another, I followed that dream? With so many timelines and potentials, anything could be possible.

But that doesn't help the Mandela Effect, in my opinion. Not much of the way I'm looking at this does. I would expect more suggestive evidence then what I have seen so far. I have some questions.

1. Where are the vastly different world timeline accounts?
Examples: 9/11 didn't happen. JFK lived. The Germans won WWII. Russia won the space race.
2. Where are the "I remember being a marine biologist yesterday" accounts?
With everybody shifting, situations like this should be happening. In one timeline the person followed a path different from the one he shifted to. Maybe John Doe has two daughters in one timeline but shifts to one where one of his two children was a boy. How come we don't here about accounts like these?
3. In your opinion, what is the best and/or most interesting things you have heard that could support the ME and why?
Other than your own. Genuinely curious.

In my opinion, if this is happening, then with diligent observation, a larger picture would start to emerge. Data on this timeline, and that timeline could be collected. A whole new frontier. Eventually things would get clearer. We would have names for various timelines we learn to recognize. We would all dread the day we shift over to any number of the timelines with a successful 3rd Reich. Hopefully cross are fingers we shift into the Utopia. Those may sound like extremes, but are they? Considering we are speaking about a plethora of possibilities.

And that is one of my points.

With all the shifting and possibilities, why is the best evidence so trivial?

And why so little of it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-26-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

IMO there is nothing wrong with eriktheawful's posts. His points are completely valid.

No they are completely not. Regardless of one's stance on the ME, the "confusion" is not caused by officially changing company logos, because the disputed part of the Ford logo has been the same for 100 years.

It's the Mandela Effect proponents that are the confusing ones. And I really do mean confusing.

I must all be very confusing if you can't even understand the straightforward parts of it.

And just because you don't like a theory giving a possible explanation doesn't mean the phenomenon is not real.
edit on 26-8-2016 by FlabberGhast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlabberGhast
So I ask you, at what point in time did they have a logo without the swirl?

Lots of the dealer specific vinyls don't carry the swirl. No swirl, no need to pay FoMoCo for the rights.

Lots of the castings don't carry the swirl. You would never pay the cost of new casting die for a simple logo swirl.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

I get it. It isn't hard to comprehend.

I just disagree completely.

IF the only 'evidence' is large groups of people all having different memories, because they shifted, then there is absolutely no way to confirm the ME. In which case, thread after thread after thread about it is utterly useless.

We know false memories happen.

We know large groups can share the same false memories.

We know it doesn't necessarily matter how long someone has been 'exposed to something one way'.

The human mind is fallible.

Logic (based on what we know) points to those explanations.

Coming up with alternatives is fine.

Can we get anything to suggest time shifts, etc?

Tsk tsk.. this is why I ask about the mechanics of such a thing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you proponents try to get to the bottom of it as opposed to collecting a database of false memories?

"We all remember it one way. The majority remember it another. But our memories are perfect, so we must have shifted from a parallel universe"

Pretty hefty claims there...

And just because you don't like a theory giving a possible explanation doesn't mean the phenomenon is not real.

I won't just accept something as a plausibility without reason. But, I am capable of changing my opinions.

edit on 8-26-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

A company changing logos somehow proves "reality shift"?

What a hoaxer. You too if you buy that crap.

I guess you missed it, the video is saying the whole building changed not just the logo.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

You didn't answer the question you responded to.

Lots of the castings don't carry the swirl. You would never pay the cost of new casting die for a simple logo swirl.

So from what year is such a casting die that you are refering to that didn't carry the swirl? Since they always had the swirl after 1910 or so.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You''re supposed to convince me with actual time warps, not changing logos.

Jif peanut butter? What a gyp, gip, jip, pfff... t

When you get serious enough about the subject to actually check it out and do some research or at least look at that provided by others maybe you will feel differently.

Until then yuk it up
alls good no need to convince anyone, it is enough that some of us know, maybe that's how it is meant to be.

edit on 26-8-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I get it. It isn't hard to comprehend. I just disagree completely.

The claims you were refering to were invalid, wether you agree with the ME or not. I wasn't talking about the merits of the ME theory itself.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You didn't answer the question you responded to.

Yes I did, you just didn't like the answer.

So from what year is such a casting die that you are refering to that didn't carry the swirl? Since they always had the swirl after 1910 or so.

The majority of Ford's castings don't carry the decorative logo. That is a unnecessary waste of money on casting equipment. Heck, half of their parts only carry FoMoCo.

The full decorative logo is only found on highly visible parts (when the vehicle is in operating condition), or on aftermarket parts (where the client is paying for the extra detail).

Now, if anyone can tell me where a FoMoCo in an oval can be found, I will be impressed!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join