It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Yes?
Go on.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No I think the people are valid.

We elect our president, supposedly, but most of us elect the "lesser" evil cause we have no good choices. (oversimplification)

The issue is, the people there seem to actually support the guy. They aren't reluctant about it, they don't seem to think he's the lesser evil. That's the difference. If I'm wrong, please provide evidence the people themselves are against him, or reluctantly accepting him. I'm mean from what I can tell he not only has overwhelming support, but is beloved by his people.

When was the last time a president had overwhelming support in the US? When was the last president were most people voted for them, and not against someone else?

BUT I will admit I'm an outside observer. If I get proof the people are not for Duerte well then I'm not either. Heck I'm not for Duerte now. I don't particular trust him. I'm just also pretty sure the people's frustrations are valid as well.

I'm certainly willing to keep my mind open to the possibility there's more nuance to the situation then Duerte is a mass murderer and that's it.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The issue is, the people there seem to actually support the guy. They aren't reluctant about it, they don't seem to think he's the lesser evil. That's the difference.

If "the people" support murder (which is exactly what summary execution is), they deserve what they get. They may regret that support sooner than they think. I don't know if "the people" support him or not, I would tend to think not. They may have elected him. They may be wondering about that.

And people in the US complain about selective enforcement of immigration laws. Sheesh.

edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bijouramov
1. Who are those being killed?

Makes no difference, all filipinos matter.

2. Who does the killings?

Also makes no difference, the person killed must have been killed for a reason, like self defense, otherwise, the constitution was not upheld.

3. By using the word killings, are you pertaining to murder or self defense?

I mean murder, someone standing on a corner selling drugs is not a threat to anyone. If someone kills them then it is not self defense. Another situation might be different but that is not what Duterte is sanctioning.

edit on 6-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Well when it becomes a choice of letting murder happen because the laws are too corrupt to prosecute the murderer who will keep murdering, or murdering the murderer and the people that refuse to uphold the law, it's kind of a catch 22, no? (Slight oversimplification of the problem with a subverted legal system by corruption, but still applicable.)
edit on 9/6/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Which laws are corrupt?

Government leaders can be corrupt. Judges can be corrupt.
How do summary executions help that? Are the officials being killed? The judges?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I'm way past my bed time, oh crap. Sorry but gonna have to cut this off. Been interesting trading wits with you Phage. Honestly you're kinda intimidating so tend to avoid it.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I don't mean to be.
I would go more with challenging.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

standing on a corner selling drugs is not a threat to anyone.

It depends on the drugs and which corner the pusher is standing. Just go to Chicago and talk to a few who have been shot for being on the wrong corner at the wrong time..

True some drugs are harmless except they are against the law of the country. Meth, and Crack are not good drugs and yes they are extremely detrimental to ones health; if you believe otherwise you have not been around the block much... Much of Asia says if you are caught with even weed you go to jail for a very long time... and their jails do not have T.V. or air conditioning so they are not like a club fed..

We have a few members at ATS who live in the Philippines who say over 80% support his policies which seem to be the figured usually talked about. Propaganda maybe ? But the Xpats I know like him, so go figure. True, none of the Xpats I know are or were druggies to my knowledge.

If he does not get on board the globalist agenda sooner than many might supposed there will be a scandal or a coup instigated against him, IMO.

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Let me make sure I have this right.
You support a man who tosses his country's Constitution out the window and encourages people to perform summary executions.

How do you feel about our President's efforts to selectively enforce immigration laws. Equivalent?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
It depends on the drugs and which corner the pusher is standing. Just go to Chicago and talk to a few who have been shot for being on the wrong corner at the wrong time..

Came of age there. If someone is gunning for someone on that corner that isn't you, can you really blame the person you where standing next to? If you are there for more than the traffic lights giving you the walk sign then that is on you.

We have a few members at ATS who live in the Philippines who say over 80% support his policies which seem to be the figured usually talked about. Propaganda maybe ? But the Xpats I know like him, so go figure. True, none of the Xpats I know are or were druggies to my knowledge.

Everyone can stand behind him. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe he will come through with what he says but, there is always a but, what liberty is given up in exchange for security? That's a big thing in the US. A cornerstone, why not here?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Anyone who might be accused of being a drug dealer.

There are a lot of people accused of drug dealing that are getting killed here. Almost everyday in fact. But go and investigate 3-4 months back or better yet, go check the data regarding cases of killings during the whole 6 years of the previous administration. Let us know what you find.

The police or anyone with a gun.

Could you provide proof here that the PNP is conducting these "killings without due process" as a part of their sworn duty?

Murder

If by murder you mean the work of unknown persons, you would be correct. But to say that it is done with the blessing of Duterte or that no investigation or action is being done to resolve these murders is a lie that will have dangerous consequence to us Filipinos, when certain superpowers decide we are another Libya in need of saving.

Kill drug dealers and I'll give you a medal, says Philippines president

And this is everything he said pertaining to citizen arrest including the statement above which you took out of context:

"You in your neighborhoods, please feel free to call us, the police, or do it yourself if you have the gun. You have my support. But you must obey the rule, when you confront these drug dealers, tell them "I am arresting you, and I am invoking the criminal law of the land against the selling of shabu." Tell him, " come with me because I have to bring you to the (police) station."

In an arrest, you must overcome the resistance of the criminal. You have to overcome it. And if he fights to the death, you can kill him. You just follow that.Only if your life is in danger, if he has a gun or a knife and attacks you, shoot him and I'll give you a medal.

"Oh, he was a drug dealer all right. Trust me. Oh. He wasn't? Sorry."

Under Duterte, if you kill an accused citizen without following the rule above, you can say "Sorry" all you want in jail.

edit on 6-9-2016 by bijouramov because: Redundancy

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bijouramov

There are a lot of people accused of drug dealing that are getting killed here.
In the 17th century people who were accused of being witches were hung in New England. At least they were tried. Sort of.

Tell me, how many of the 2,000 dead "drug dealers" were tried in a court of law? Were they all killed by police? No? My, the courts must be busy working on the vigilante killings to make sure they were "legit."

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I don't propose anything other than what your constitution proposes. It says that they deserve due process.

And they are all getting due process and helpfrom the government.

Drug Rehab Program

If you start ignoring those laws

Check the link.

then how can you feel morally correct when you are acting in the same way as they are?

Being "morally correct" as you put it is a luxury a third world citizen like me cannot afford. My main goal everyday is to maintain the means to provide the needs of my family without breaking the law, even if it means slaving away my life 12 hours everyday for an amount equivalent to roughly 10 US dollars a day.

We are used to being treated like dirt by the oligarchs who have ruled this country for so long. But have some mercy by not letting criminals do what they want with us.
edit on 6-9-2016 by bijouramov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bijouramov

And they are all getting due process and helpfrom the government.

Rehab doesn't work if you're dead.
But can you give is a link to some court dockets? That might help.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You support a man who tosses his country's Constitution out the window and encourages people to perform summary executions.

How do you feel about our President's efforts to selectively enforce immigration laws. Equivalent?

Hi, I want to say this is a civil way, what part of 91% of the population that back Duterte cannot you not understand???......

Just repeating "so that is your stance on it is it!!" means sweet FA".. You have not elected him and I will guess you are not Filipino or that you have even been here, if any of these things are not correct then I stand correct....

If you want to "expose" the Philippines then come here and cover the stories with first hand experience and then write a few pieces of what you have found. Currently It would be like me stating things about the Uzbekistan Government with only having Google to go on, I do not live the life there nor do I have any experience of the country..

Numerous people on here "in the Philippines" are saying the 91% figure is correct on what they have experienced
Everything I have put down is correct as I have personally found it, and I am sure you are aware I am expat not a native..

I think you have given some good points but the constant " I want my way, posts are just to much" everyone on here is not going to change their minds...

Fact is if he is a Dictator then so be it only time will tell....

Regards

RA

link   
DOUBLE POST
edit on 6-9-2016 by slider1982 because: ABOVE

link   

originally posted by: Phage

Phage where did I say I supported him (Oh I have friends who do so it is guilt by association ?) and why would it make a flying flip if I did ? I am not living in the P.I. He runs his own damn country without me or you or the USA causing another regime change. If he gets out of hand the people who are not drugged by the food they eat or the water they drink will take him out...and not for dinner either. Philippine military and the USA go back a long way so if he gets blind sided I would bet that is where the blow will come from... However my limited on the ground sources say they support him too...

I am guilty of not being a druggie or a drinker ... To many friends over my life who have started down that path and they could not get off of until their hearts stopped beating.. Natural selection is alive and well IMO.

If the people of the Philippines support him (they live there and know what is going on unlike you or me) then hey good for them.. If they or the military get tired of him he will be accident-ed for that is the way of most so called 3rd world non civilized countries.

*****Immigration laws of many countries are sowing the seeds of major cultural changes whether you or I like it or not.. Way above my pay grade to change anything about it except to try and keep me and my family out of the mayhem, which I have done the best I could with what I had to work with..

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Hi, I want to say this is a civil way, what part of 91% of the population that back Duterte cannot you not understand???......
I understand that a majority rule can wreak havoc on anyone they choose.

If you want to "expose" the Philippines then come here and cover the stories with first hand experience and then write a few pieces of what you have found.
I'm not exposing anything that has not been "exposed."

Fact is if he is a Dictator then so be it only time will tell....
Yes. It will.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Rehab doesn't work if you're dead.

Alright...let's do it again if it pleases you. Who does the killings?

All of the PNP? Where's you're proof?

Perhaps some corrupt members of the PNP? How about some proof that these agents are not punished ?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join