It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

He's not just taking down dealers and users though. The drug war on the street is the immediate problem though. It's the one directly affecting the populace NOW that work for special interests. He's also supposedly taking down the politicians, and media that working for the special interests involved in promoting the drug war as well.

It's a civil war, it's brutal and ugly, it's a war with political window dressing nothing more.

The goal is to eliminate all the corruption, then go from there, or seems to be. Some very questionable aspects of this all, I won't argue that.

But name a civil war or internal war to combat corruption, or war anywhere that didn't have these questionable things within them.
edit on 9/6/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's a civil war, it's brutal and ugly, it's a war with political window dressing nothing more.

Who's the enemy? Who are the targets?

Kill drug dealers and I'll give you a medal, says Philippines president

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Well drug dealers are one target it seems.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Who else? Prostitutes?
Or just any dissidents?

edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I disagree killing any criminal is wrong.
Antony Eden said no country can call themselves civilized when they have a death penalty.
I agree.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Even less so if you could just kill someone and slap a "this is a drug dealer" calling card on the corpse.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I dunno, can you find me some proof of prostitutes as targets?

If he's trying to root out corruption and special interests with a focus on those promoting the drug war. Who exactly works as targets besides the drug dealers int this war that CITIZENS can target themselves?

I mean really, let's say he gets rid of all the corrupt politicians. The dealers will still be brutal criminals. Say he makes drugs legal, the dealers aren't going to suddenly turn into legitimate business men, they didn't get into the business cause they believe people deserve drugs. They did it cause it was lucrative. Once legal, they'll still want more.

The only way he and the people see to fix the problem is a very hard, and very forced reset.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

ARTICLE III

Bill of Rights

SECTION 1. No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law, nor shall any person be denied the equal protection of the laws.

That is correct. But how does this relate to Duterte's campaign against drugs?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

The country is not civilized, that's the problem. There's no court of law, just criminals ruling on high and putting on a show to convince people there is. There is no one in the right here.

War is always wrong, but that does not make it never necessary.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bijouramov

They are being denied due process.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The only way he and the people see to fix the problem is a very hard, and very forced reset.

"The people." Which people?

When does the "reset" end? When everyone is prosperous? When everyone is happy? When everyone who disagrees is dead?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you all think the outcome of our world court systems becoming more and more tools of the elite to protect themselves and persecute the people is going to result in. I see more situations similar to this in our future. It'll take different forms, as people rise up in different ways, but one thing will be consistent.

Relying on the rule of law will be an impossibility, as those laws no longer serve the people or justice.

The most idiotic thing you can do when a bully is beating you, is keep asking him to stop himself or ask his friends egging him on to stop him for you. None of them care about you, and if these bullies are the law, you're extra screwed. Unless they're bullying a lot of people and it becomes clear you out number their asses and are all mutually done with it.

Then you make the bullies stop, and you don't rely on the bullies rule of law to do it, cause the bullies control those courts and we know how they will rule.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

It ends when the people no longer feel like they've got no control of their own lives.

No good way to say when this is. It will not likely be the fair or right time, and a bunch of innocents will die in the process.

But here's the thing, that's already happening, people are being victimized and that';s what their fighting. Doomed if they do or don't.

People have had enough being victimized and are fighting back. This never ends well for anybody. But just letting the victimization continue to get worse and worse with no sign of respite is no solution either.

It's a lose lose situation. Victimizers fighting victims and innocents dying everywhere killed by both sides of the conflict.

I'm not for the situation. It's #ed up all around. It is, however, the end result whenever the rule of law becomes so subverted the masses feel they have no recourse but to fight back.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I know your heart is in it but selling yourself out to another bully isn't a better option. Duterte may be just that. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It ends when the people no longer feel like they've got no control of their own lives.
So, forever. Because there are people who will always feel that way. It's true everywhere. Even here in the US. But I don't think that most of those people think it's ok to shoot someone in the street.

You are talking about witch hunting. It is nothing but a deflection. The government is inept so...let's kill people! Yeah! And lets reward people for killing people! Yeah!

Soon everything will be better! Trust me! Yeah!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I agree, time will tell. Truth is, I think you're likely right, and it won't create a better situation. There will be no winners here. But I also believe when put in a no win situation where people are the victims of of their government that has sold them out, they have the right to fight and take their country back, and in many cases it can become more than a right, but one's duty.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

while you disturb other peoples lives, even if they have much disturbance already due to drugs

And the disturbance causedd by a dangerous drug in these abusers's lives is the fault of law abiding citizens? Is that what you're saying?

As a free citizen, even in that penultimate moment when you're about to inhale the smoke of crystal meth for the first time, you still have a real choice of walking away. Nobody is forcing you to introduce destructive substance into your body.

If, in the midst of addiction, you manage to realize the miserable state you're in, you have two choices:

You could turn yourself in for rehabilitation, or

You could ignore good sense and continue abusing yourself, gradually losing your identity, your sense of morality, and finally commiting a heinous crime in the course of your drug addiction.

There are two kinds of poor people in the Philippines. Those who refuse to give up their dignity regardless of the hardships (Third World hardship)in life. And those who resort to illegal and dangerous drugs to compensate for their weak resolve, and then use their supposed poverty as an excuse.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

It is true everywhere, but before people are willing to kill and die for it, it has to be really, really, #ing bad first. Every person and society has it's breaking point.
edit on 9/6/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Sorry but If Obama started doing this there would be outrage.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

They are being denied due process.

Who are being denied due process?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join