It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Philippines to UN - I don't give a [snip] about your repercussions

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Killing other victims of the oligarchs won't rid you of either of them.

What victims? The drug dealers? Which type of drug dealers? The big ones? The lieutenants? Or the moneyless schmucks who cave in to the pressure of criminality and become willing accomplices?
edit on 6-9-2016 by bijouramov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bijouramov

Or the people which oppose the President and are pronounced, DEALER!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In the 17th century people who were accused of being witches were hung in New England. At least they were tried. Sort of.

Let's not go to witches please.

Tell me, how many of the 2,000 dead "drug dealers" were tried in a court of law?

Sure. But tell us how you came up with the conviction that these "2000 dead drug dealers" are really drug dealers and/or their deaths are drug related or that the PNP are the perpetrators of these "killings" or that Duterte urges the police and us the citizens to go out and kill our fellow Filipinos on a whim without concrete information and evidence that they are drug dealers.

Show us the anarchy you claim is happening here.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

But tell us how you came up with the conviction that these "2000 dead drug dealers" are really drug dealers

Good question. That's why I put it in quotation marks.

Show us the anarchy you claim is happening here.
Show me the dockets which show the trials are taking place. Show me that summary executions are not occurring. Show me that those people were convicted drug dealers.

edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

In any case, a good reason to forego the legal process.

Proof of this?

Dockets?

How fast is the judicial process where you're from? Duterte got sworned in on June 30, 2016. Two months since assuming responsibility of a country torn by corruption, insurgencies, drugs, etc. and a foreigner like you is demanding for court dockets?

Wow.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Two months since assuming responsibility of a country torn by corruption
So, why not deal with the corruption at it's head? The legislature? The judiciary? Is that not where the house cleaning should be?

and a foreigner like you is demanding for court dockets?
I demand nothing. I ask you to support your claims.

You demand I support a negative statement. You demand I prove that the dead are not drug dealers.

Can you recognize the difference?

edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: slider1982
Yup. US is screwy.
But, as far as I know, it's been a while since the government has encouraged people to "arrest" drug dealers. To pay them for it. To give them a medal.

You are correct for when the DEA or Police report some big supplier their careers are ruined and in some cases they end up dead.youtu.be... You ever hear the name Mike Ruppert ?

When the government has chartered aircraft that crash with 4 tons of coc aine on board or when the government brings the drugs in through Mena Arkansas and California why would they want their suppliers arrested... I suppose the ones who are not government snitches like the Senaloa cartel is are fair game plus makes great headlines when a bust goes down..Iran Contra ring a bell ?... youtu.be... The drug business is alive and well because there are so many of the big players both in and outside of certain government agencies. Believe what you want.. Makes no difference in the big scheme of things. youtu.be... Gary Webb ring a bell ? Nah he is dead now and forgotten.

More on the Gary Webb story and the government denials youtu.be...

Ricky Ross the guy who started the whole crack coc aine thing in California saying the CIA knew of the drug imports to the USA or Hummm when the Taliban was running things in Afghanistan the poppy fields were almost non existent and heroin was not an export crop... Now they supply 80% of the worlds heroin trade.. Kinda like the USA talking about human rights in any country except their buds the Saudi's.

If you count Chicago (Latin Kings) New Orleans (MS-13) Baltimore (again Latin Kings) the drug related deaths will surpass anything the P.I does IMO
USA war on drugs started/declared by Nixon has our prisons full and profitable for the for profit prisons while we as a country show how many we have incarcerated to the rest of the world.. Give me a friggen break youtu.be...

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Good question. That's why I put it in quotation marks.

Okay... and your answer?

Show me that summary executions are not occurring.

But they are occuring here. The question is who are the perpetrators? Can you enlighten us Filipinos? You seem to know a lot about the happenings in our country.

Show me that those people were convicted drug dealers.

Which people? The 2000 dead?

1. How did they die?
2. If they were killed, who did it?
3. If it was members of the police, was it in the line of duty or to cover up their association with criminals?
4. If it wasn't the police, could it be the work of vigilantes? If so, are these cases ignored or are investigated?
5. If not vigilantes, perhaps fellow criminals? Rival gang?
6. Maybe it was an irate spouse?
7. Duterte himself dressed in black tights from head to foot prowling at night looking for someone to murder?
8. Maybe they actually died of a heart attack?
9. A hit and run victim?

Lots of ways to die here in my beloved country.

Proof of anarchy?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Since the crack down on the pushers and users crime has dropped 49%. 700,000+ have turned themselves in for rehab. youtu.be...
Before the crack down there were an estimated 3.6 or 3.8 million addicts in P.I. depending on who was counting.

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

So, why not deal with the corruption at it's head? The legislature? The judiciary? Is that not where the house cleaning should be?

www.thinkingpinoy.net...

news.abs-cbn.com... iticians-cops-judges-in-drug-trade

www.philstar.com...

House cleaning just like you asked.

I demand nothing. I ask you to support your claims.

You demand I support a negative statement. You demand I prove that the dead are not drug dealers.

You implicate Duterte to these 2000 dead do you not?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Drug dealer.

Tony ever get his trial?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

His basic policy of cleaning up the crimes and drug problems in his country has been to execute them.

Death penalty is a punishment that went out along with Joseph Estrada when the opposition ousted him in 2001. So, no the current government does not execute "them."

If you mean Duterte is summarily executing them. The answer again is no. The man has stated many times that the rule of law must be upheld.

Am starting to like him already...

Because of your claim that he is executing criminals without due process? Vilification disguised as approval to bait others who are ignorant of the real happenings in the Philippines.

Tell me, does your favorite color happen to be yellow?
edit on 6-9-2016 by bijouramov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

No one ever robbed a Jollibee and just took the chicken.

Or shoots a gas station clerk for the chips.

Hand over all your fried chickens or your ass is dead! And put all the fries in there too. Aaand a couple of liters of your diet soda, I'm trying to lose weight.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bijouramov
What, in your belief, do you think he is sanctioning?

Who's being coy now?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Anyone.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: bijouramov
What, in your belief, do you think he is sanctioning?

Who's being coy now?

You make vague and sweeping generalizations about the state of my country, not bothering to provide details and proof of your claims, and you tell me I'm being coy?

Is it your belief that he is sanctioning indiscriminate killings of criminals convicted or not?

We can start from there.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Anyone.

Huh?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Phage already posted the kill a drug dealer get a medal quote. And, what sweeping generalizations?

As for the other post, you asked what victims and the answer is anyone since the constitution applies to everyone.
edit on 6-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Phage already posted the kill a drug dealer get a medal quote

So you base your belief in borrowed opinions?

And, what sweeping generalizations?

-you posted a snippet of Jun Pala a journalist who was killed by unknown gunmen in a motorcycle and since he was known to be a vocal critic of Duterte when Duterte was still the mayor of Davao, there could be no doubt that it was Duterte who had him offed.

You project malice...

Like I posted above he has already admitted that he has received gifts

Then a few posts below this is how you wrapped it up...

My point was that Duterte has already accepted that he has someone that he may owe a favor to.

ETA: And, that someone is a pastor which sounds a lot like what america's whole war on drugs is based on.

-you quoted section 1 of the bill of rights of the philippine constitution based on what the MSM are parroting which goes like these

Al-Jazeera

www.dailymail.co.uk...

-you imply that an entire nation is killing suspected criminals left and right just to get the rule of law back...

originally posted by: Puppylove
The people are fighting to get the rule of law back.

Becoming what they are fighting is not the way to do it.

Need I go on?

With all these things I mentioned above, can you provide a single shred of proof that the things you imply are true aside from borrowing other opinions and swallowing the crap the MSM feeds you?

Because that's all you have. You have your opinions, implications, and your moral superiority over a country of people you don't really know anything about.

You must feel like a million dollars everytime you throw baseless opinions on human rights issues.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Those are not generalizations about the country and some are you twisting what I said but oh well.

Your opinions are no more valid than anyone else's. You are there but that doesn't mean you are not biased.

So when you here the words come out of the man's mouth he really isn't saying that? Takes a special kind if mind to believe that.

edit on 6-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join