It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh please, I fact checked the entire meme for you. That's what those links are.

I know that. Your post with links was very thorough and showed that the meme was partially accurate and partially inaccurate. What I was asking you is WHERE YOU GOT IT. I wasn't asking you to prove it or fact check it. I simply asked where it came from. I wanted to know which website posted it and what their story was about it.

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

ketsuko - This is why I wanted to see the source. I wanted to check what claims were being made, exactly, because saying a city is "in poverty" can be measured many different ways. If you had just posted the source to your claim, which I think we should all do without being asked (or pestered to do so), this misunderstanding wouldn't have happened.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your chart doesn't even show social demographics . It shows cities economic status and political affiliations.
You assume if someone lives there they are black.
Ok that is presumably true so how to bring money into those areas.
Traditionally black areas aren't high as tourist destinations so they don't get a lot of attention. Infrastructure and private properties may be neglected. Most likely both. So there nothing to entice anyone to come into the area to spend time or money.
The areas that generate the most property taxes generally get the attention. So the streets in Beacon Hill get paved. The streets are clean, there are nice malls and social gathering places and entertainment so the properties cost more. The properties cost more so are better taken care of better taken care of equals higher value and higher value equals higher taxes. See where this is going?
Here's an idea, how about we pay attention to an area just because people live there. Give every body the roads and schools they need. And hey movie, theaters and museums too. Entertainment close to home and something to entice visitors too. Then we need hospitals and healthcare and utilities like clean water.THIS ALL COSTS MONEY. The decision to spend and on what is what makes the difference. I don't care who's in charge. When we're equal it won't matter if you live in South Philly or on Beacon Hill the streets get done when they need it. The schools teach an equal curriculum in clean safe environments. That needs to happen but color still is a thing. Stupid as it is it's a thing and we need to make it not a thing or a thing like eye or hair color and nothing more. While allowing a culture unique to black Americans to be celebrated. Like we accept the European roots with holidays like St Patricks Day or Halloween. These are Americans with African roots. Not Africans living in America. Their experience is not duplicated anywhere on earth. Just here. Us.... it's up to us all.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

So, Black people are sitting at home and collecting welfare and they vote democrat so they can continue to do so?

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
If you think this isn't happening to some degree then your so clueless you can't be helped. Come take a look at some black neighborhoods in Milwaukee and see for yourself and then tell me their not voting dem to keep their EBT gravy train rolling. What's next on the deny reality list? Using your logic you'll soon be telling us most major cites don't have ghettos?

originally posted by: olaru12

Perhaps a little reality check....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.cheatsheet.com...

Nice try. Since you're trying to put some type of racist spin on this you post some numbers showing whites collecting more EBT benefits than blacks. So this somehow negates the fact that many black AND WHITE EBT recipients will naturally side with dems since they will continue the policies of the never ending gravy train? Glad you missed the entire point and had to resort to "numbers" that have nothing to to with how people vote. So your telling us with a straight face that most EBT recipients won't vote Dem? Please.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
he`s right of course,there`s really only one way it could get worse for them (welfare and foodstamps get cut off) and millions of ways things could get better for them. they need to ask themselves 1 question, Am i better off now than i was 8 years ago? if the answer is no then they would be crazy to vote for hillary.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Yes, that other reason is a toxic culture. Compare with Asian minority groups.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Every thing Mr. Trump said about African American Voters in that Speech was Brutally Correct . Question is , are African Americans somehow Happy about that , or are they just Indifferent to it ? The Only way Out of Poverty is with a Personal Effort , and a Fair Chance to be Successful in Life . Here is a Man who is Offering just that , Hmm...What to do , What to do.....

Just stop lying. Just because people like you need to be lied to in order to justify your deep seeded ignorance doesn't give you any right to perpetuate bald faced lies. Stop lying, it's not like your drivel is going to change any minds about this laughing stock of a candidate.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I see you are adopting Hillary's language here. Maybe it would be better if Trump carried a bottle of hot sauce around in his jacket pocket and talked in a fake black accent. That seems to work for Hillary.

What is a black accent? If you were to go down South you will find that whites speak like that as well as blacks.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
he`s right of course,there`s really only one way it could get worse for them (welfare and foodstamps get cut off) and millions of ways things could get better for them.

Do you understand the generalization you're making here? You're suggesting that black people are on welfare and food stamps. You don't even understand and neither does Trump.

they need to ask themselves 1 question, Am i better off now than i was 8 years ago? if the answer is no then they would be crazy to vote for hillary.

Half Say They're Better Off Than 8 Years Ago.

Actually, after Bill Clinton's presidency (that's Hillary's husband, and no doubt, close advisor), 73% of people said they were better off after Clinton's presidency. Now, 50% say they're better off after Obama...

Many think Hillary will govern like Obama, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of her governing more like her husband, whose policies helped the country to prosper!

After Clinton's 8 Years

Longest economic expansion in American history
More than 22 million new jobs
Highest homeownership in American history
Lowest unemployment in 30 years
Largest expansion of college opportunity since the GI Bill
Lowest crime rate in 26 years
Enacted most sweeping gun safety legislation in a generation
Smallest welfare rolls in 32 years, Higher incomes at all levels

I find it interesting that this thread is about Trump's pitch to black people, and members here simply can't speak to the topic, but instead make everything about Hillary and Democrats...

It's almost like an organized movement to take the attention OFF of Trump and put it on those Dastardly Democrats.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Poverty Rate - Lets look at this one shall we?

U.S. Poverty Statistics - Race. While the poverty rate for the population as a whole is 14.8% the rate varies greatly by race. Blacks have the highest poverty rate at 26.2% and Non-Hispanic whites the lowest at 10.1%. The Poverty rate for Blacks and Hispanics is more than double that of non-Hispanic Whites.

Hi poverty in black areas are Trumps fault? How about Bush? Anyone but Obama and the policies Hillary wants to continue.

1 in 4 blacks live in poverty. 1 in 10 whites live in poverty.

37 million Blacks - 9 million in poverty
195 Million whites - 19 million in poverty

So, it looks like there are more poor whites but based on how many people it is black America. No one is making this stuff up.

Bottom line....there are POOR people in the US and the DNC enables them with social programs and promises with Over 20% of all children live in poverty

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At age 97, he's still voting Democrat straight up and down the ballot, because the Black Baptist churches tell him, and all church attendees to do so.

Did you ever consider that he remembers it was the Republicans and their war on unions that helped to wreck Michigan's economy?

But, on a brighter note, if its raining or snowing, the African American turnout will be abysmal.

Stereotype much?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kazanoom

It's a laughing stock supporting another deficient politician ONLY, in our eyes,so WE chose NOT to support another one.
WE chose to hit the RNC from the inside...what ,you SJW clowns made signs and protested?
Go clog another HIGHWAY if you want.
Attack sideways ... wins EVERY time.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Most Black Americans are not impoverished.
Mack European Americans are not impoverished.
Most Latino Americans are not impoverished.
Most Asian American are not impoverished.

www.irp.wisc.edu...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Hi poverty in black areas are Trumps fault?

How am I supposed to even address this RIDICULOUS claim??? I won't defend something I didn't say or imply.

Especially, if you don't leave a link to your external quote, how can I take your post seriously?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

This is all true. How does it relate to the subject of this thread?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So, it looks like there are more poor whites but based on how many people it is black America. No one is making this stuff up.

Of course there will be more poor whites there are far more whites in America than blacks.

Bottom line....there are POOR people in the US and the DNC enables them with social programs and promises with Over 20% of all children live in poverty

Was it the DNC that put them in poverty? It was Republican policies that moved the jobs away and the DNC in capitalizing on the GOP's mistake.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

'Feelings' are not fact. I'd call it more of the 'frog in a pot of water, slowly heating up.'

Things have gotten economically worse, not better in the last 8 - 10 years.

Half of America can't handle a suprise $400 bill - www.washingtonpost.com...

Food stamp usage is at all-time high - mises.org...

Labor Force Participation is at 38-year low -
2015 article: www.cnsnews.com...
2016 article: www.politifact.com...

Consumer prices are soaring - www.oftwominds.com...

Real Inflation is 7%+ - www.zerohedge.com...

Cost of Business has gone up -
www.newsmax.com...
dailysignal.com...

New Business creation is on the decline - www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

U.S. Poverty Statistics - Race. While the poverty rate for the population as a whole is 14.8% the rate varies greatly by race. Blacks have the highest poverty rate at 26.2% and Non-Hispanic whites the lowest at 10.1%. The Poverty rate for Blacks and Hispanics is more than double that of non-Hispanic Whites.

Hi poverty in black areas are Trumps fault? How about Bush? Anyone but Obama and the policies Hillary wants to continue.

Wrong. Its the ridiculously high corporate taxes(passed on to consumers),pro-megacorp regulation,devalued money, and ACA that strangles small businesses that provides jobs to us and other poor americans

edit on 21-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The relationship between the number in poverty and the actual population is obviously the key thing to look at, as you have pointed out. It won't get through though - you're dreaming if you think something factual would ever be accepted by those with an agenda.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I didn't say anything about 'feelings'. I'm not arguing that we haven't been experiencing economic instability. We absolutely have. We had a major recession at the end of 2008 and we're having a slow and sluggish recovery... I actually agree with most of what you say. I personally feel that to fully recover from the state we're in is going to be VERY difficult and I don't know that either candidate can help much.

But it's not like Obama or Democrats CAUSED this recession. It happened before he ever took office.

The poster I responded to posed a question: Am I better off now than I was 8 years ago? And 50% of people say they are. My husband and I are.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Was it the DNC that put them in poverty? It was Republican policies that moved the jobs away and the DNC in capitalizing on the GOP's mistake.

Which policies are those? I'm not going to deny that the GOP are guilty of corporate cronyism to help move some jobs out of the nation, but the cost of doing business thanks to Democrat taxes and regulations are just as much at fault.

And then based on what you said above, why did the DNC choose to 'capitalize on those mistakes' instead of reverse them during the 2007 - 2009 supermajority?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join