It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The article in your link said:

"PRINCETON, N.J. -- As Americans evaluate the various economic messages from the 2016 presidential aspirants, they do so with divergent perspectives on their own economic situation. Half of U.S. adults believe they are better off than they were eight years ago, while 42% say they are not. This is in marked contrast to January 2000 when three in four adults agreed they were better off."

If a person 'believes' they are better off it means they don't know, instead they feel like they are better off. In other words, it was a terrible polling question.

I'm happy for you by the way. The numbers I'm looking at say the nation is worse off. My wife and I are worse off now than when Obama was elected.
edit on 21-8-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But, but one of Hillary campaign promises is to help the students forgiving their debt, oh, I mean free education? that is what she said, right? or I heard wrong. hell my daughter will benefits from that promise, I would be all over it, as I'm still paying for my daughters student credit card.

Yes it was a time many moons ago when Students like me with academic achievement went to college for free, you know before the banking system found a way to promote that everybody had the right to education and if they could not pay for it because they didn't meet the criteria for grants due to poor academic achievement they could get a loan and pay later, back then it was a fantastic idea until students realized that they were going to own their lives to the banking system for life.

The government never did anything to regulate the loan sharks.

But rather than been "over exited" I am laughing my butt off, remembering that is nothing but lip service and if Hillary win the elections I will still be paying for that.

I have to give it to Hillary she is very brave promising to go against the student loans and pissing off the banking system.

I am sure that they know is just sweet talk.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You're right. There's plenty of blame to go around!

Who Caused the Economic Crisis?

So who is to blame? There’s plenty of blame to go around, and it doesn’t fasten only on one party or even mainly on what Washington did or didn’t do. As The Economist magazine noted recently, the problem is one of "layered irresponsibility … with hard-working homeowners and billionaire villains each playing a role." Here’s a partial list of those alleged to be at fault:

The Federal Reserve, which slashed interest rates after the dot-com bubble burst, making credit cheap.
Home buyers, who took advantage of easy credit to bid up the prices of homes excessively.
Congress, which continues to support a mortgage tax deduction that gives consumers a tax incentive to buy more expensive houses.
Real estate agents, most of whom work for the sellers rather than the buyers and who earned higher commissions from selling more expensive homes.
The Clinton administration, which pushed for less stringent credit and downpayment requirements for working- and middle-class families.
Mortgage brokers, who offered less-credit-worthy home buyers subprime, adjustable rate loans with low initial payments, but exploding interest rates.
Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, who in 2004, near the peak of the housing bubble, encouraged Americans to take out adjustable rate mortgages.
Wall Street firms, who paid too little attention to the quality of the risky loans that they bundled into Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), and issued bonds using those securities as collateral.
The Bush administration, which failed to provide needed government oversight of the increasingly dicey mortgage-backed securities market.
An obscure accounting rule called mark-to-market, which can have the paradoxical result of making assets be worth less on paper than they are in reality during times of panic.
Collective delusion, or a belief on the part of all parties that home prices would keep rising forever, no matter how high or how fast they had already gone up.

The U.S. economy is enormously complicated. Screwing it up takes a great deal of cooperation.

Trying to pin the responsibility on one person, one party, one piece of legislation, is simplistic thinking and political BS.
edit on 8/21/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Bill Clinton legacy during his presidency is what has put this nation in the crapper after 20 years, he got it good because those that were in the presidential seat before him, he just could not leave the nation economic boost alone and have to sign the NAFTA.

Even when NAFTA wasn't even his idea, but he needed a legacy and that was the only thing that was already in the table, because all he could get was an impeachment for sexual behavior and lying I guess that is what the Clintons are good for.

What that tells you.

The failure of the results of those in political positions of power are the ones that do not have anything to lose with Trump in the presidential seat

You know is a logic behind this and a bit of walking in the political history lane helps understand how we got in the mess we are right now.

edit on 21-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What policies?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What does any of that have to do with the post I was replying to?

Again, you said:

So yes, what they have lose, unless many rather keep sitting at home getting crumbs, rather than work for a living, after all why to work when we have a hard working class that pay for all the social services in the nation

Followed by this lovely bit right here:

Only a minority of Black Americans have the change to become successful in this nation, so for many the American dream has just become that a for anybody else specially foreign immigrants dream but for them.

Are there enough jobs to go around then? Yes - or no?

You went to so much trouble to blame Bill Clinton and then Hillary somehow... Your point being there are no jobs

Kinda proves who you are - don't you think? You just needed to say exactly what you thought of African Americans. And now - we all know exactly how you think

Trump is pandering to people who think like you

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As opposed to the Democrats perpetual pitch to keep black voters ignorant.

Trump wins again.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh please, I fact checked the entire meme for you. That's what those links are.

Why not a link to the actual site where you found the graphic? Is it embarrassing?

So right now, my translation of what you just said is "I would prefer to believe this is all false rather than accept that my ideological opponent just gave me an honest fact check and even admitted where the meme was not 100% accurate or flat0out wrong ..." Why did you do that? My supposition is because it does show some uncomfortable truths.

Why can't you just be honest?

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The whiff of bigotry thinking that you know what's best for Black folks.

To point at Trump who at least isn't lying to them.

You must keep you precious little voting block in the ghetto.

The worst part, most don't even realize they are doing it.

Get a mirror and fix yourself. Blacks folks will be just fine.

They don't need anybody's PC drivel that fixes nothing.

They need jobs...You want to help, hire a person of color.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

was he actually referring to just black people?
i was suggesting that everyone,black,white ,green ,purple etc who are on welfare would have worse lives if their welfare got cut off, so unless trump is planning on doing that then their lives can`t get any worse by voting for him.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It has to do a lot, so don't even try to change that fact, we have one liar and now another from the same family.

And yes it has a lot to do why now Blacks in this country have nothing to lose voting for Trump, because they already knows what voting for a Clinton is going to be.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It has to do a lot, so don't even try to change that fact, we have one liar and now another from the same family.

Completely irrelevant and dishonest post

You want to make this all about Hillary - but that's not what I'm talking about. Not even a little bit

Doesn't matter Marge - I see what you're saying. There's no reason for us to continue

edit on 8/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Telling the truth is not been ignorant is just been honest and truthful.

What 8 years of Obama has done for the poor and Blacks in this nation, no a darn thing, just an increase on the welfare system to keep them quiet, but not that was not enough, now under his administration we have more racial tensions than ever.

So again what the poor and blacks have to lose voting for trump

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You don't even realize Trump was invited to speak at the NAACP conference during his convention. Of course he couldn't attend.

I quit reading past your first sentence, absolutely worthless propaganda post.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It has a lot to do with what is going on, Ignorant pitch against black voters my arse, that is what the Hillary campaign pundits wants to make it to be when is a fact.

I am sure that the Hillary campaign will love to have riots against Trump for telling them the truth making it a racial issue only.

After all racial tensions is what is sells this days even when it hurts and kills innocent people.

The truth hurts sometimes you know but it doesn't have to kill

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Trying to pin the responsibility on one person, one party, one piece of legislation, is simplistic thinking and political BS.

Agreed. The one thing in common is that we had professional politicians and lawyers in charge of the federal government and bureaucracy.

I'm willing to take my chances with a businessman this cycle, even if his word choice is uncouth.
edit on 21-8-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Agreed. The one thing in common is that we had professional politicians and lawyers in charge of the government.

I'm willing to take my chances with a businessman this cycle, even if his word choice is uncouth.

I agree too, I am tired of career poster politicians that are pandering to public opinion while catering to their benefactors.

I wish Trump was a more polished business man like Ross Perot was, he was classy, refine and knew the many ways to fix the economy and that was his main campaign promises.

He would had made an excellent president, but we end up with Bill Clinton instead.

Trump is raw, unpolished and under refine, and never will fit in the term of classic, but at least he say what he is thinking and not pandering to public opinion.

Will he make a great president? a good one? maybe no, but at least we will get what we see and not what is hidden under the fake charade of the corrupted poster politicians. We have enough of them already.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Maybe because that graphic is being passed all over the Internet, so I don't know where it originated? I assume that's what you want - who put it together in the first place.

Does it matter so much where I got it? It's not embarrassing at all. It's a fairly well respected conservative blog that posts a weekly roundup of their favorite memes of the week every Saturday. However, since I have seen it passed all over and this new meme is simply putting an old list in pictorial form. It has been well known since 2009.

I did the legwork and showed that it is pretty solid and true except for Miami and I could not verify El Paso which did not list party affiliations for its mayors. Newark did not either, however the names were color coded and Booker is known to be Democrat, so following from that, it is entirely accurate for Newark.

So which chaps you hide more? That I used a handy color-coded meme that was bright and eye catching or that I then went and dug up the information to verify it and even admitted where it was maybe not quite fully accurate?

So I ask again what does the website matter? This list has been in circulation for so long, I'm not sure at all where it started, and I sure don't know who put it into picture form for the reading-impaired.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just wondering why you wouldn't link your source

Nice explanation though

Thanks

:-)

edit on 8/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: sigh...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join