It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Holy snip, an actual black person on this thread! I found a unicorn or the lochness monster, all three are rare and hard to document in the wild!

So, what do you think about Donald's pitch to you?
edit on 22-8-2016 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So... Who is going to win then? Please don't say Hellary because if that happens then we're all f#cked...

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's absurd and ignorant, stereotypical and perhaps even racist to imply that the black community largely lives in a state of poverty, well that is racist.

He could not help but show his true colors when trying to reach out to the black community for their vote - you have nothing to lose! ie: it can't get any worse for you..

Pathetic! Why didn't the mainstream media and the black community not speak out about this more? I don't get that. How insulting!

P.S. This has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton.

What a joke. That's the best he can do or say?

edit on 22-8-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

It's absurd and ignorant, stereotypical and perhaps even racist to imply that the black community largely lives in a state of poverty, well that is racist.

He could not help but show his true colors when trying to reach out to the black community for their vote - you have nothing to lose! ie: it can't get any worse for you..

Pathetic! Why didn't the mainstream media and the black community not speak out about this more? I don't get that. How insulting!

P.S. This has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton.

What a joke. That's the best he can do or say?

He probably should have said that they much to gain from voting for him, but he's said that at other times.
However, to call the statement racist is just another example of the kind of leap to cries of racism that has actually desensitised people to real racism.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: [post=21154708]Open_Minded Skepti

The ability to Improve All American Citizens Lives in this Country has Always been in the Hands of State and Federal Governments . Why they have chosen not to do so in some ways is the Question that no one seems to want to Answer . Money is just a Means to an End , and it takes People with Determination and Vision to Improve the Quality of Life for all of us . At Least Mr. Trump is Willing to give it his Best Shot .

Really? And where did you learn this propganda from?

The ABILITY to improve ones life is in THEIR OWN HANDS and always has been. If they choose to hand that over to the government as many have in the past 30 years that is their right also, but they live with that. That is the very root of our porblem here in the US. DON"T wait for the government to help you imptove yourself, because THEY CAN"T.

You have two chooses. wait for them to come to you and help OR standup and take control of you own lifr and do it yourself.

Trump IS NOT saying he can help you. He IS saying he want to give back the opertuninties and chooses that you fathers and grandfather had to help themselves. IT IS STILL UP TO YOU to grab these and work with them.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
You don't even realize Trump was invited to speak at the NAACP conference during his convention. Of course he couldn't attend.

Trump was invited on May 10th and NEVER RESPONDED. Yes, he could have spoken there. The NAACP convention started on July 16th. The GOP convention started two days later, in the same state. Why couldn't he attend?

I quit reading past your first sentence

Ignore the facts that don't support your agenda.

Donald Trump was invited to speak at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's annual meeting but has not responded, the group told NBC News on Monday.

The NAACP issued a press release detailing their invitations to both major parties' candidates two months ago, on May 10. If Trump does not appear at the event, he'll be the first presidential candidate to skip the event in more than a decade.

The four-day event kicks off in Cincinnati on July 16

Trump Ignores NAACP Invitation

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Firstly, I don't agree with the significance of the "data" listed there. If black votes actually COUNTED for more than white votes (which is what you appear to be saying), you may have a point. But they don't. Votes are votes, no matter what color the voter. I suppose it's useless to ask you for your source(s) on that picture?

I'm not going to check your numbers... You're making the claim that there are more black felons than white felons and that a black voter holds more "voting strength" than a white voter... So, if you want ANY credibility, post the sources and explain your visual.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
A picture is indeed worth a thousand words, isn't it. Thanks for that, WarDaddy454. I had no idea.

That photo was taken over 60 years AFTER Byrd joined and left the KKK. He repeatedly apologized for his one-year involvement with the group.

"I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

A Senator's Shame

Edit to add: BTW, I hate the title of this thread. How is reaching out to offer assistance to Black voters, "Ignorant"?

Reaching out to black people (or anyone) isn't ignorant. It's THE PITCH that's ignorant. Note the words "Ignorant Pitch" in the title. "Ignorant" is an adjective describing the noun "pitch". I'm sorry that you hate the title. If his data had been correct and he actually was talking TO black people, the title may be "Trumps Intelligent Pitch to Black Voters".

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Could be that Trump would rather speak to ALL American citizens equally rather than pander to organizations (like NAACP) that have their own specific agenda and feel that they alone know what is best?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Pathetic! Why didn't the mainstream media and the black community not speak out about this more?

Because wondering about why Trump does anything has finally reached it's saturation point?

Also - why be outraged at something that doesn't even deserve our attention? It's not as if this really matters to him

Trumps lame attempt to reach out to voters of color was meant to keep his equally lame voting bloc on his hook and hopefully hook new voters. Some people can't fight their prejudices - they're easy marks. Breitbarts net is full and available. I can't help but notice how many people here at ATS that used to say they weren't interested in Trump are now busy defending him, and occasionally out and out saying they might have changed their minds...

That's how easy this is - and they are

:-)
edit on 8/22/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Could be that Trump would rather speak to ALL American citizens equally rather than pander to organizations (like NAACP) that have their own specific agenda and feel that they alone know what is best?

Could also be that he is afraid of the disapproval he would face speaking to an actual black audience. I don't blame him. He speaks to "his people"... Those who agree with him. Approval is his drug. He wouldn't any more speak to a group of black people than he would speak to me and my friends... Because he would be met with disapproval for the things he's said and done.

His fragile ego can't take disapproval or disagreement.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Trumps lame attempt to reach out to voters of color was meant to keep his equally lame voting bloc on his hook and hopefully hook new voters. Some people can't fight their prejudices - they're easy marks.
:-)

I'm more and more convinced that this pitch was an attempt to dissuade more white people from jumping ship... the white voters who think he might be racist... The people who have been leaving his following because of things he's said about Judge Curiel, Mexicans, Mrs. Khan, Arabs and so on... He knows he can't win the black vote. This is a desperate attempt to re-gain the white votes he's lost since the GOP convention.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Could also be that he is afraid of the disapproval he would face speaking to an actual black audience. I don't blame him. He speaks to "his people"... Those who agree with him. Approval is his drug. He wouldn't any more speak to a group of black people than he would speak to me and my friends... Because he would be met with disapproval for the things he's said and done.

His fragile ego can't take disapproval or disagreement.

I can agree with you partially. Indeed it would be political suicide at this point. The media feedback would be brutal. Can't blame him for wanting folks to hear his message. The DNC did this quite effectively during their convention too. Removing dissenters so that they can share their message in front of the media and seem unified.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Every thing Mr. Trump said about African American Voters in that Speech was Brutally Correct . Question is , are African Americans somehow Happy about that , or are they just Indifferent to it ? The Only way Out of Poverty is with a Personal Effort , and a Fair Chance to be Successful in Life . Here is a Man who is Offering just that , Hmm...What to do , What to do.....

It seems many prefer to not see potential issues that caused the slow progression of the African American community and the issues related discussed here.
So as a reminder for those who may not understand or who are ignorant to history, maybe this will help some of you understand why there are so many issues...
But I guess for some... It's easier to look at them as lazy and not mentally destabilized?

Private jails assistance taking generations of parents away also help the processes...

edit on 8/22/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
So?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

To me, the problem has multiple facets.

Some in this thread have mentioned the manner in which black people vote - from what I've studied, some is true. Even a black person with conservative leanings is much more likely to vote for the democratic party.

But why? Is a good question.

Republicans don't even put on a good facade, and act like they represent minorities, in my opinion. Big business, white people, privilege... They represent most of what's wrong with America.

Now, don't take my message wrong. Goldman Sachs owns just as many democrats as they do Republicans, the pot is full of gold for both sides as long as they play the game dividing Americans.

But the democratic party has taken the role of "representing the little guy" because that way we have our bases covered. Republicans will put on a facade and act like conservative values and personal responsibility and financial freedom matter, while democrats will put on a facade and act like everyone that doesn't align with that are covered as well. It's a two man team taking advantage of the people.

On the main topic, though, trump has said a lot of stupid things and will certainly continue to say more all while his fans will continue quoting him for truth. Just as Clinton will be linked to more crimes and her fans will continue calling it a with hunt. It's politics, it's been this way for quite some time.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Black people vote for Democrats because we've been led to believe that racism is still our biggest issue. The fear of racism trumps policy discussion even if said policies of Democrats are diametrically opposed to the black agenda.

Democrats and liberals understand this dynamic which is why they are so quick to label opponents as racist. They use racism to distract blacks from actually analyzing the results of liberal Democrat policies.

If an opponent tries to bring up the actual policies and discuss the results, they will get shouted down with cries of racism. If someone is black or liberal and also tries to bring light to these issues, they will be branded a sellout or Uncle Tom.

It is ironic because if you really talk to black people, a lot of us are really conservative and hold conservative views on a few very important issues that are the polar opposite of the Democrat platform.

Democrats are very adept at using the black leadership to corral the black vote. The get these buck dancing and bojangling pastors and other community leaders to corral the black community to vote Democrat. The reward is for these community leaders to have the opportunity to enrich themselves at the expense of the community.

With all that said, I do believe conservatives don't know how to go out and get the black vote. However, given voting patterns, I can't necessarily say that the black vote matters to conservatives. It is a two way street.

In my opinion, the black community has neutered itself politically by voting 95% Democrat. Democrats take the black vote for granted and Republicans don't care. As a result, neither party gives a flip about the black community. Democrats are never held responsible for their policies and Republicans don't see any benefit.

This is problematic for the black community because it leaves our issues unaddressed.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

And yet this is the narrative that we have been hearing for years, non-stop. Now Trump addresses it and suddenly black people are doing great. WHICH IS IT? I find it very interesting that the media started saying black people are doing great, then all their followers on ATS began posting the exact same talking point.

Again, this is not the narrative. Any other time the same people are telling us how oppressed and poor black people are.
edit on 22-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: yuppa

Wrong, dead wrong, not even close wrong, not even in the ball park!

Democrats keep the african americans in poverty and in a state of hopelessness. the cities they run are perfect examples. so no Im not wrong. How about post your reasons I am wrong instead of just a OP?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: yuppa

Wrong, dead wrong, not even close wrong, not even in the ball park!

Democrats keep the african americans in poverty and in a state of hopelessness. the cities they run are perfect examples. so no Im not wrong. How about post your reasons I am wrong instead of just a OP?

9 out of 10 of the poorest states are RED states.

www.politifact.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join