It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Ignorant Pitch to Black Voters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I guess the Progressive way of sugar coating lies to keep people slaves on the Democratic Plantation is a much better than someone who tells the brutal truth about how people have become victims for believing the government will always be there to give them crumbs to live off of.

That could only make sense if black people on the whole had ever reached anything approaching economic equality. You're showing your ignorance of the actual history and my guess is that it's because at some point you bought into what is essentially the most recent incarnation of the racist "lazy blacks" myth and with that piece of your worldview locked in, there was no reason to look any deeper. The myth has simply been updated from the "blacks are just lazy" to "blacks are lazy because welfare made them lazy."

Note, I'm not calling you a racist so if your panties are bunching, pull em out. I'm not saying that people on the Left are always better informed either. Racism could cease to exist today and we'd still have concrete inequality that simply can't be fixed overnight, particularly with the long term trends in employment that neither Trump nor Clinton have proposed any meaningful solution to — though at least Clinton is talking new industries (not nearly enough jobs) while Trump is selling a pipedream that there are millions of jobs in manufacturing he can bring back to the US (or even would if that were an actual thing).

I wonder how many elections it'll be before somebody starts facing the reality that we have a serious problem with decent blue collar employment that will continue to get worse until we embrace a new employment paradigm.

The "Democratic Plantation" bit is a nice touch though!

edit on 2016-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Everything in that speech is correct?.
The very first thing Mr. Trump needs to realise is that African Americans don't all live in poverty in inner cities with broke down schools and burning cars.
Some live in the suburbs and are teachers and business owners, some have country homes and are doctors and lawyers and some do live in cities and they become president.
He created his own little ghetto America in his head. Not one that reflects the real black America. His little stereotype is a big part of the problem.

What he is doing is giving the part of his lost base permission to come back. The ones he lost by making racist comments. He's making these speeches to white crowds so they can say "see, he's not racist. He cares about the blacks. ".

His comments do nothing to bring in the African American voter.
Quite the opposite.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Stating facts without sugar-coating them first does not make one a white supremacist.

Repeating racist memes & opinions gives a clear indication where their conscience resides, call it what you will.

K~

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He has a habit of being honest,I know you liberals aren't used to it,but I knd of like someone not politically correct

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

He has a habit of being honest,I know you liberals aren't used to it,but I knd of like someone not politically correct

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Plz go find the one time trump was honest, might take you a while.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
How do you not understand how patronizing that HR promo piece of a comment is.

What is patronizing about encouraging people to take responsibility for their actions and work hard to achieve their goals?

Take charge bla bla bla, did you read that off some asinine self help promotional pamphlet?

No, I did not.

Seriously dude get a clue.

Ignorant racist bla bla bla

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So yes, what they have lose, unless many rather keep sitting at home getting crumbs, rather than work for a living, after all why to work when we have a hard working class that pay for all the social services in the nation

Are there enough jobs?

I love when politicians tells the truth, good for trump, is raw, ugly but at least he is not pandering to public opinion

He absolutely is pandering. Or is your opinion in a special category? :-)
edit on 8/21/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: edit to add the obvious...

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Wisdom doesn't always come with age I see!

He's rarely honest. You're confusing a willingness to say offensive things with honesty. They're not the same. Sometimes people aren't honest because they're afraid of offending but that in no way means that being offensive is being more honest. Often, it's just being an asshole. In Trump's case, a lying asshole.
edit on 2016-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

More of the same. I live in a city where the population is 40% African American. There are poor areas and rich areas and lots and lots of middle class area.
I'm on line at Wal-Mart with all colors of people. Everyone says bread costs too much and tell their kids to behave.
In the doctors office the runny noses are many colors, in the mall, at the bakery, in the school auditorium the people are all different colors. The mayor is black . Half the city council is.
African Americans here are just Americans living the American life. Buying homes and buying cars and furnishing those houses and taking vacations in those cars and having barbecues in back yards and swimming at the beach and going to church or not on Sundays and Trump is not talking to them. He's not addressing the unwelcome attention they get from the police. Just because they're black. He's not addressing stereotypes he's reinforcing it. When African Americans can be equal in the minds of people and still be able to embrace their own culture then that's progress.
Sure poverty needs to be addressed but poverty is boundless and doesn't care what color you are.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Actually he has a (good) habit of saying how he feels, based on intuition and experience. Good or bad, it's a REFRESHING change, compared to your run-of-the-mill politician. I think they rate lower on the respect scale than used motorcycle salesmen.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Herein lies the core problem - people who rely on the State, whether local or federal to get them out of poverty and improve their economic well being will never get anywhere.

The state doesn't provide wealth, it does not produce anything. It can only redistribute wealth from wealth producing entities, whether that be companies or individuals...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So, if Trump REALLY wanted to reach out to black people, he'd address THEM about police brutality, racism in the criminal justice system, racially-motivated voter ID laws, and he'd be supporting the Affordable Care Act, which makes affordable insurance available to many blacks for the first time.

So, if his pitch wasn't really to gain black votes, what's his motivation?

Trump’s supposed outreach to black voters is more about assuaging white Americans who perceive him as racist than bringing black Americans around to his candidacy. (Just 1 percent of African Americans plan to vote for Trump ― the lowest level of support received by a Republican candidate since 1964.)

Ah! That sounds much more likely, to me.

I have never had much of an opinion on whether or not Trump is racist, but after this crazy pitch, and some of his behavior from the past, I'm beginning to agree with many others that his behavior and thought patterns show a clear opinion of black people that isn't at all unbiased...

And, to be fair, he isn't even aware of his ignorance or racism.

originally posted by: carewemust
At least Donald Trump is addressing black voters from a position of respecting them as intelligent human beings. He also knows that he's never just addressing the people in a room, because the mainstream media is always present.

That's just the point. He ISN'T addressing black voters. He REFUSED to address the black voters who have invited him to speak. He's addressing venues with overwhelmingly white populations with this phony crap.

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
The Economic Reality tends to Disagree with your assessment of the Present State of African Americans in this Country . To Believe otherwise would be Folly .

Yeah, well... I posted sources. If you would like to show I'm wrong, maybe try to refute with sources? Just an idea.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

This illustrates his point.

Why is it that blacks need "special" economic policies only for them? Are they somehow incapable of making it the same way the rest of us do - you know by going to school, learning the things we need to learn, and earning our way in life?

A set of economic policies that work for one ethnic group ought to work for all the rest. Economics are not ethnically sensitive. They are math-based. Numbers don't care if you are one ethnicity or another; they simply are.

It seems from the figures there that the Democrats have been trying to do economics based on "special" policies for different groups ever since the War on Poverty was declared. We can all see how that has worked out. Trump is essentially correct. Insanity is repeating the same failed things over and over and expecting the results to somehow change.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Please leave a link to this pretty picture.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think it boils down to strategy. Trump thought that his racist campaign would garner more support than it has and is now backing away with his appeal to minorities.

No deportation of illegals

www.rawstory.com...

www.rawstory.com...

and now this lame appeal to Black Americans.

www.npr.org...

to little, to late....

His new team is as clueless as his last one.....
edit on 21-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why is it that blacks need "special" economic policies only for them?

Because only "blacks" receive government assistance, I guess all those poor white volk just rely on grit & god to get along.

I've said it before, no self reflection at all.
Do you people not hear the things you're typing or do you intend your posts to sound so oblivious?

K~

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

being extremely good at putting ones foot in ones mouth, even both feet, although grand, is not" being honest" it's being a buffoon.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Trump is doing just what he supposed to do:
Insult both populations and make his vote less appealing to both.

You don’t talk about black issues to white people and you don’t ignore the black mainstream organizations and expect to get black support. Trump is obviously deliberately losing this race.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Ask Hillary on that one Spiramirabilis, after all if history doesn't fail me it was in 1993 under Hillary Husband Bill Clinton and acting president that NAFTA was signed into law.

20 years after NAFTA, the promised 200,000 high pay jobs promised by Clinton has become another dream and lip service from politicians like him and now his presidential candidate wife that is promising to fix Clinton job killer from 20 years ago?

I guess his daughter in 20 years will be the next presidential candidate that will promise to fix the job problem that her Father and( if Hillary wins )mother created, nah, I be death by old age then, I will not get to see that one.

The legacy of Clinton signing NAFTA because he thought that the Republican idea was soo good and he wanted a legacy, the dead of our manufacturing base, growing loss of high income wages and increased gap in income inequality

So who is at fault for the lost of jobs now

Haa, Hillary is going to fix it if she becomes president, after all she have a commercial on TV right now that tells us so.

edit on 21-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join