It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kepler's 'Alien Megastructure' Star Just Got Weirder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ive been seeing ATS Members Talking about the Dyson Sphere ..

Nice..

Although Some of you would Jump right in to try to Debunk or Troll, Skeptical about

Aliens and UFOS on Certain Threads ...

and Debate about Alien .. Interstellar Space Travel
and Have Technology more then Our Own by a over a thousands ..
and The Faster then Light Speed Anti gravity , Warps Speed . ETC....

as Like Astrophysicist, Cosmologist Neil D Tyson has a Hard Time to Grasp ..

For a Civilization type 3 or 4 to exist ..

Although Michio Kaku would be all for it ...

from that being said ...

Now How Would Aliens ( E.T. s) Create A Dyson Sphere to begin with ???

in order to do it I would Assume a Civilization Type 3 or Possible 4

Would have too DO Many Sacrifices of Other Planets from other Stars
or Brown Dwarfs or Lesser .. for Materials ! to even Fathom to Accomplish this ..

Even So..

Wild Claims of the Story of Ring makers of Saturn creating a Dyson Sphere or Disk...
right in our very OWN Solar System .. as Heavy thoughts of Saturn could be turned into a Star..
with ET"S Building them with 200 mile Long ships ..

THE TRUTH BEHIND THE SCENES
Alien Motherships and The Ringmakers of Saturn
thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

So who Knows what going on with the Star ...

although what we are seeing is what happened like 1,400 years ago

and if its actually artificial structure .. that would of Open a CAN Of WORMS!!

and Probably those same Extra Terrestrials already came to this Planet and Left some marks !
looking for material , or Refuge .. probably explains about the unsolved Mysteries of Our Ancient Past
like 1,400 to 6,000 yeas ago! a BIG LOL!!

Well that's if you think of a DYSON SPHERE Concept !

and if thats what your Thinking a DYSON SPHERE ..

and refute about Aliens ETS coming Here to this Planet

then you Have a Problem ..

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I always love to rain on a parade, I wish this was an intelligent design but there is so many natural explanations and it's best to explore the natural before exploring the unnatural.

No Solar system is the same-Many stars dictate how or if a planet forms, perhaps this is a belt of dwarf planets we are looking at. Look at it this way- If aliens observing Earth from Proxima Centauri sees a dip in magnitude does that indicate the presence of alien life? no, they could be seeing the asteroid belt in alignment with the smaller terrestrial planets like Mars or Mercury. Assuming that this is evidence of alien life is like assuming every light in the sky is a UFO.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Agreed, except for the last statement. I don't think it's fair to equate this situation with some YouTube video "LOOK!!! ALIENZ!!!" that turns out to be Photoshopped lights in the night sky with a shaky camera.

This is a situation with repeated and reproducible observations that has perplexed the people who are best equipped (in terms of training and experience) to explain it as a natural phenomenon. That in no way eliminates a natural cause, but it also doesn't eliminate an artificial explanation either.

In the meantime, we get to speculate, which is where the real fun is anyway, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

In the meantime, we get to speculate, which is where the real fun is anyway, right?

Absolutely , this is a very weird star so a very weird explanation could possibly be the correct one , I like the Alien Megastructure idea and until it's ruled out it's as possible as any other.

Montet is equally sceptical that it could be a cloud of gas orbiting the star and causing the strange dimming, because events are being observed on various timescales that no single theory developed so far can explain. “There seems to be three timescales at which events are occurring,” he tells Astronomy Now. “There are the short events lasting a few days that were originally discovered by Boyajian’s group. Then there’s a very long term dimming that lasts for at least three years and might last for a century, and then there’s an intermediate effect that lasts for at least six months. Each one is really weird.”
astronomynow.com...

Until then, KIC 8462852 will remain the most mysterious star in the Universe. Certainly such bizarre behaviour has never been observed on any other star before. For now, scientists attempting to figure out KIC 8462852 are keeping their options open – and yes, that includes alien megastructures too.
astronomynow.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I want to go full Mandela effect on this, just because it's fashionable, and I am a fashionable boy:

Year 2070: We finally make a time machine and the first thing we do is to go into the future 100 years. We encounter our Earth as a planet on which no humans exist anymore, we were destroyed by an alien party from Tabby's star that arrived in 2045.

We realise that there is a possibility of changing the data back in the timestream to make people look at Tabby's star, because the actual star is absolutely normal in every respect except for the fact that it is full of human killing aliens of course.

We also realise that unless we do something to resist the Tabby aliens now, nothing we do will ever change the timeline.

In the meantime, those brave timetravellers are in a time limbo waiting and hoping that something they changed, somewhere, will change their/our future.

Good as any other theory I suppose.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Man, that has GOT to be IT!!

I'm certain that because of the human time travelers, humanity develops the technology to miniaturize the entire alien fleet upon atmospheric entry. Before they can conquer anyone they are accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Man, that has GOT to be IT!!

I'm certain that because of the human time travelers, humanity develops the technology to miniaturize the entire alien fleet upon atmospheric entry. Before they can conquer anyone they are accidentally swallowed by a small dog.

You, my friend, have read far too much Douglas Adams!

Hold on, can you read too much Douglas Adams?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thought you might like that considering your .sig line.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
lol the Zaphod in my sig line is in fact a moderator of these very forums, not Zaphod Beebelbrox...but I love Douglas Adams so the reference was well memorized.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Can be explained with construction activity in periodic phases. Moreover, no other star till date shows such activity.

That we have observed. Thats roughly one or two percent of all the stars in just this galaxy alone.

Dimming because of 'construction' is about as fantastical as it gets. If the period is random and the dimming different at times , then its the source itself, not something between it and us.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My thoughts.

A Dyson sphere is very unlikely and I find that theory without any merit. It doesn't matter that smarter people than I came up with that theory.

Just think about it. If you had the technological prowess to create a Dyson Sphere, then you wouldn't need it. A structure big enough to block out the Sun, would be too costly and use up too many resources and take too long to ever be useful. The second and I think larger consideration is that why would you need that much power? I mean in a way that, if our energy and battery and storage and engine technology was millions of years more advanced, we would probably have all the power we would ever need for anything without needing to build one of these structures. That's my theory.

About the dimming. Why couldn't it have been a huge impact between comet/Planet-planet/planet-meteor/planet or moon that created a dust cloud that has these characteristics. When I say dust cloud, I mean it could have some planet or moon sized debris in there and not be uniform at all. Yes-No?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Just think about it. If you had the technological prowess to create a Dyson Sphere, then you wouldn't need it. A structure big enough to block out the Sun, would be too costly and use up too many resources and take too long to ever be useful.

I've thought about it for a long time. Dyson Spheres as a means to stay alive in a dying star system doesn't make a lot of sense.

What if there were other reasons though? What if a star was to be enshrined for symbolic reasons? Or it wasn't dying at all and some speculative Type 3-4 civ wanted to make it a hub with a greater 'land mass?' Maybe aesthetic purposes?

The motivations of a society capable of messing with stars could be lost on us.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well, admittedly I could not remember Zaphod speaking Latin at any point, but then again it has been over 20 years since I read the series. I figured I just didn't remember it. Anyway, fun diversion, thanks!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Obviously it's not aliens! Using the logic of the people on this site, the new world order would be using extreme measures to prevent the data being common knowledge. The world order only does what the greys tell then. Whatever the heck that means. If the world governments conspire to control all knowledge relating to aliens, why this?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Mandela effect yo!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Would a Dyson Sphere have to orbit the star? Would the star itself have some form of orbit? Is the galaxy the star is in being pulled away? If there are comet swarms could you have a form of a planet swarm? Is the star itself being blocked slowly by another system?

This gets the mind thinking.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
dyson sphere is still one of the last things id attribute it to. theres just too much out there that we know nothing about. its plain hubris to think we know enough about whats going on out there in the billions upon billions of stars and galaxies to come to any concrete conclusion. who knows maybe its some weird gravitational lensing going on at the macro level, a black hole passing nearby, etc etc. it could be one of a billion things that weve never observed up to this point, i just cant jump to the conclusion of it being a dyson sphere.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just a reality check from the OP original source

In the meantime, we would remind you that it's very, very unlikely that this strange flickering star has anything to do with aliens (and is even more exciting if it doesn't - because, hello new space phenomena!). But we know you're not going to listen anyway, so go ahead and get the memes ready.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It is clear that we are not alone, regardless of UFO sighting or anything else anyone would like to put forward to show we are not alone, mathematically and something called common sense looking at the very VAST scale of the universe, it is clear we are not alone. Are we interesting to another civilisation, probably not. Chances of finding other life ourselves, slim in the current state of technology. We only have means of observing and guessing as we cannot get there. Once we are able to literally move ourselves to other planets of interest will only then we be able to find life quickly.

So far we have looked in our back gardens but we all know what we will find there. Its the other side of the world that most of us do not know about but we cant walk there when we please. Takes a lot of effort and time. Hence, where we are still.

We will find life eventually just hope its in my life time.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It could be two gravitationally attracted solar systems, one of which has a small, red dwarf star system that is rotating around the main system, and we are just at the time to see it starting to come between us and it. Or even planets that have spun off from their parent star millennia ago crashing into the system.

Or aliens are using massive objects in some kind of torsion device that just coincidentally takes a few hundred years to pass in front of the star, or...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join