It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kepler's 'Alien Megastructure' Star Just Got Weirder

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I've thought about it for a long time. Dyson Spheres as a means to stay alive in a dying star system doesn't make a lot of sense.

Does make sense actually..
If an advanced race, became that desperate to build a dyson sphere around a single star hoping it would provide enough energy.. You are really ef***** desperate..

Edit: Wouldnt it be awesome if they knew they were being watched,

"Secret Alien Advanced Race being watched"
edit on 201688 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I want to go full Mandela effect on this, just because it's fashionable, and I am a fashionable boy:

Year 2070: We finally make a time machine and the first thing we do is to go into the future 100 years. We encounter our Earth as a planet on which no humans exist anymore, we were destroyed by an alien party from Tabby's star that arrived in 2045.

We realise that there is a possibility of changing the data back in the timestream to make people look at Tabby's star, because the actual star is absolutely normal in every respect except for the fact that it is full of human killing aliens of course.

We also realise that unless we do something to resist the Tabby aliens now, nothing we do will ever change the timeline.

In the meantime, those brave timetravellers are in a time limbo waiting and hoping that something they changed, somewhere, will change their/our future.

Good as any other theory I suppose.

Sorry but time travelling in Human form is a death sentence. Sending information not so much. SO unless you want to be another mismatch id advise against it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think this is going to get sensationalized until the next 'thing' .. i.e. planet nibiru or Mayan end of world, or FEMA boot camps or operation jade helm..

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Sorry but time travelling in Human form is a death sentence.

Might end up looking like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Feels like something out of Star Trek for sure, what could be keeping said 'panels' in place and also could this help explain the strange craft 'siphoning' plasma from our Sun? Intergalactic Fuel Pumps... Far out lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I want to go full Mandela effect on this, just because it's fashionable, and I am a fashionable boy:

Year 2070: We finally make a time machine and the first thing we do is to go into the future 100 years. We encounter our Earth as a planet on which no humans exist anymore, we were destroyed by an alien party from Tabby's star that arrived in 2045.

We realise that there is a possibility of changing the data back in the timestream to make people look at Tabby's star, because the actual star is absolutely normal in every respect except for the fact that it is full of human killing aliens of course.

We also realise that unless we do something to resist the Tabby aliens now, nothing we do will ever change the timeline.

In the meantime, those brave timetravellers are in a time limbo waiting and hoping that something they changed, somewhere, will change their/our future.

Good as any other theory I suppose.

Sorry but time travelling in Human form is a death sentence. Sending information not so much. SO unless you want to be another mismatch id advise against it.

That's what you are saying then...I mean now. Hold on whut?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well.. We definitely aren't alone out here.. How could we be?

I hope I'm around when they find out what it is

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I am thinking it may be some sort of miniature black hole blocking only a tiny piece of the star when crossing it's path. Distance of the object maybe be sitting somewhere at the halfway point/distance from earth and that star. Not close enough to the star in order to cause too much of a disturbance or refract the light in drastic way. Otherwise I am just as confused as the rest of you x)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Really the only thing certain about this star is that it's weird. Great fodder for speculation. I too am waiting impatiently for the new space telescope to come online so that we can get a better look at what is going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Not unless the Dyson Sphere is an intergalactic "Death Star"/Mothership and can travel through space and time to different parts of the Universe and refuels at the home star.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Maybe this has been mentioned, dunno, but since light cannot escape a black hole, it might be possible a black hole has entered the star's area and is swallowing the light as it gets closer? Seems like that might cause the star to dim- and possibly irregularly, too- like it is apparently doing. Just thinking out loud.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I meant to say alien life that is building an artificial structure that provides additional space for their species to live on in addition to their planet. I did not mean to say artificial life.

The Dyson sphere concept never made sense to me. Building an artificial structure to live on that can be expanded makes more sense, albeit, the technology to do so is pretty mind boggling. While it is likely that a natural explanation will be found, this is still extremely intriguing. My concept of an artificial structure would be like the movie Elysium. If that structure is continually expanded as the population grows, that is a logical explanation.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lassiecat
a reply to: asen_y2k

Maybe the star has some space illness, out of the box the stars didn't do that, I think the owner should try return it to coca cola company and reclaim his money back guarantee. Anyway it's not polite to sell broken stars anymore.

uh stars dont have "illnesses" lol, i really hope you didnt learn that in school, because if you did the education system has truly failed.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe something else is affecting it, like another poster said, possibly a black hole.

Beats me.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: Kandinsky

I've thought about it for a long time. Dyson Spheres as a means to stay alive in a dying star system doesn't make a lot of sense.

Does make sense actually..
If an advanced race, became that desperate to build a dyson sphere around a single star hoping it would provide enough energy.. You are really ef***** desperate..

Edit: Wouldnt it be awesome if they knew they were being watched,

"Secret Alien Advanced Race being watched"

Well, you have to figure how fast they need the energy.

And how much energy would it take to build one?

Also, any civilization that can build one, probably wouldn't need it, unless they are making a weapon and that doesn't make sense either.

I wonder if NuSTAR could help figure it out.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I concluded long ago that it is a relic of some past civilization long ago gone however it's technology keeps on ticking one day the technology will benefit humanity in a far off future sadly a long ways off .

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
How much physical material would it take to dim a star that much? Is there even enough matter and mass in Earth to do that, if we were to try that with our sun? Also wouldn't 'choice' materials be used in a mega-structure? Entire planets would have to be destroyed to mine material for a days on sphere. The ecological impact on a solar system scale is really hard to grasp.

My WAG is that maybe it is artificial, but it would be a device that can 'suck' in energy and light in like a vacuum, somehow using gravity to bend the light to a source with different settings to capture the energy as they demand it. It could be a 'gas station' for interstellar travelers...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm probably too simplistic with this thought process, but I do have a tendency towards worshipping at the alter of Occam more times than not...

Maybe it's just a star on its last breath about to go supernova ?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
@how to make a Dyson sphere.
Maybe someone make a thread on it for further evaluations...

Technologies designed that are more powerful then the Star(s) of interest.
Technologies can manipulate the magnetic fields and radiation output / input? associated to said Star(s).
Technologies depending on how advanced can use magnetic and or electromagnetic forces to move said Star(s) and said Star(s) planet - moon systems and if powerful enough potential binary companions.
Technologies activated then knows amout of input and output energies required to pull planetoids and or moons and also expand space between Star system members.
Technologies required must also be able to use reverse reflective intelligence to ALSO move Star or guide it (if say nearby star about to become extremely unstable) to various locations.
STAR LENS CAN ASSESSMENTS planetoids for mining or splitting.
Technologies predesigned gather collect materials after lens of star effect complete upon planetoids - moons.
Materials collected, used for materials designed of potential outer shell of said Dyson sphere groups...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join