It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Surrounds, Blocks Access To NATO's Incirlik Airbase Amid Speculation Of Second Coup

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: awareness10

I wonder how much $$'s those would fetch on the black market ? Turkey was running the stolen oil for $$ so if those nukes had a buyer then that may be a option ...just saying

That would be an option as well, yes. They'd have to covertly sneak them out of the facility their being held in. Satellite would pick it up quickly unless they had another way around that.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Ergodan has already suspected the previous coup was started by a guy living in pennslyvania. That means he believed it started via the U.S.

He believes no such thing. He's just using the opportunity to meet his own objectives.

Good money is still on Erdogan being behind the coup, either directly or indirectly by maneuvering people into a position where they felt this was their last chance to act.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
The situation seems so convoluted; is it a conflict of interests, religion, or is it another case of an uprising against totalitarian rule?

The Turkish constitution mandates a secular government. The Turkish military have traditionally been the "defenders" of the secular nature of government and have previously taken action against the government when that secular nature was threatened.

Erdogan is attempting to replace the secular government with his own theocratic regime, including arresting ridiculous numbers of officers and others who were not considered loyal to him, even before this coup began.

It's possible that Erdogan actually engineered the coup as an excuse to purge the remaining non-supporters. It's possible that the military were planning a coup, realised that Erdogan was about to make another move (remember that list of thousands of people that Erdogan had arrested just hours after the coup ended? That's not the kind of list you draw up overnight) and were forced into moving before they were fully ready. Either possibility fits what is known, and both explain the rather piss-poor attempt by a military that is normally pretty good at this kind of action.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

You will not regret it!

Sibel Edmonds was the Turkish translator for the FBI in the early 2000's. She has done outstanding work within the whistleblower community. I linked you to her website.

She has done extensive research in something called Operation Gladio B which the Gulen Movement is a huge part of. It is a deep state NATO operation that has many tentacles. It is their next step following Operation Gladio A in Europe.

Well worth the reserach! Operation Gladio B!

Operation Gladio B is a classified ongoing expansion of Operation Gladio. The original Gladio was established just after the end of World War II by a small number of senior officials within OSS/CIA, MI6 and NATO. This was a top secret network of fascist "stay-behind" cells trained to carry out acts of terrorism in the event of a Soviet invasion. This was exposed in the 1980's after they were used to carry out a string of false flag attacks , mostly in Italy, which were initially blamed on communist groups. As the cold war ended, this strategy of tension was diversified to include Gladio B, which substitutes Muslims for fascists and neo-nazis. It was exposed by FBI whistleblower, Sibel Edmonds, who revealed "Operation Gladio B" as an FBI codename adopted in 1997 for ongoing relations between US intelligence, the Pentagon and Al Qaeda.[1] Daniel Ellsberg has stated that Edmonds possesses information "far more explosive than the Pentagon Papers".[2] She has stated that 9-11 was a Gladio/B Operation[2] and summarizes the objective of Gladio B as:

"projecting U.S. power in the former Soviet sphere of influence to access previously untapped strategic energy and mineral reserves for U.S. and European companies; pushing back Russian and Chinese power; and expanding the scope of lucrative criminal activities, particularly illegal arms and drugs trafficking."[3]

I'm reposting what elementalgrove posted.

Keep in mind this has been ongoing.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
New trending hashtag:

#goawayyankee

Some of the tweets are in English, seems a lot of folks are riled up...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
New trending hashtag:

#goawayyankee

Some of the tweets are in English, seems a lot of folks are riled up...

Thankyou for that. It's definately beginning to intensify. I'm wondering where this is headed now...

edit on 7/31/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Indeed, almost seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

While Turkey is in a significantly different geographic area compared to Canada, Canada disarmed themselves from nukes and kicked out the US nukes as well by 1984. Keep in mind Canada was second to West Germany at the time for amount of nukes hosted. Mind you we still let the Yanks visit ports and fly over with nukes on board AND are apparently cool with nuke tests as well. But it leaves us in a much less awkward predicament politically.

If Turkey was smart they would just order the US to remove the nukes and keep their hands clean.

But they haven't, and that makes me a bit concerned...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I have no clue where this is going.... I can't help but think "wag the dog", considering the wikileaks release and hint that it has much more to come...

Nothing like a dustup between the US & Turkey (2 NATO Nations), to deflect from the corruption of our representative government?

YMMV

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
Indeed, almost seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

While Turkey is in a significantly different geographic area compared to Canada, Canada disarmed themselves from nukes and kicked out the US nukes as well by 1984. Keep in mind Canada was second to West Germany at the time for amount of nukes hosted. Mind you we still let the Yanks visit ports and fly over with nukes on board AND are apparently cool with nuke tests as well. But it leaves us in a much less awkward predicament politically.

If Turkey was smart they would just order the US to remove the nukes and keep their hands clean.

But they haven't, and that makes me a bit concerned...

Canada would be a sitting duck if anything Big happened. No way to defend the People at all.

I don't see Turkey doing that at this point, there are many who believe it was a Coup by the US, still others have suggestion other reasoning. But you're right, it is most concerning that they've got that many nukes in their hands and clearly pushing back against anyone they feel is a threat to their sovereign power.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Maybe we should hack erodogens e mails and social media pages and make him look like a Azz. then dare him to start a war because his mother was a goat sucker. Oh and do not forget to insult his small short short equipment below.

I hope he does step off. Im tired of this punk.

#YouSuckgoatsErodogen
edit on 16000000ppam by yuppa because: addes comment

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

I have no clue where this is going.... I can't help but think "wag the dog", considering the wikileaks release and hint that it has much more to come...

Nothing like a dustup between the US & Turkey (2 NATO Nations), to deflect from the corruption of our representative government?

YMMV

Yes. that too along with the wiki leaks is concerning as well, i wonder what they meant by 'much more to come'.

It may be a deflection, but from what i can't say. It's all been very hush hush. After Obama's trip to Turkey and the closed meeting he had with Erdogan, i'm surprised more people haven't found that a little ... odd. I find it strange that he went there, said nothing about it at all, and now 'This'. I can't make out if it's set up or if certain plans went awry creating an even more awkward situation.

Erdogan however gives the impression of being a very 'i'll do things my way, and if you don't like it, we'll push back hard' kinda dictator.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They have no nukes. They are under US control.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Maybe we should hack erodogens e mails and social media pages and make him look like a Azz. then dare him to start a war because his mother was a goat sucker. Oh and do not forget to insult his small short short equipment below.

I hope he does step off. Im tired of this punk.

Well, that is certainly one way. 'chuckle'.. trying to imagine the content of some of those emails .

I think there's much more to this though, and that not all the blame can be laid at the feet of one party, solely.

We'll have to wait and see where it goes.

edit on 7/31/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

A very costly deflection. Turkey has the capability to make any invasion against it extremely pricey in terms of casualties and equipment destruction for the aggressor.

The American people don't like pictures of dead & wounded servicemen and women on the news, and an invasion of Turkey would produce tens of thousands of them.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: JacKatMtn

A very costly deflection. Turkey has the capability to make any invasion against it extremely pricey in terms of casualties and equipment destruction for the aggressor.

The American people don't like pictures of dead & wounded servicemen and women on the news, and an invasion of Turkey would produce tens of thousands of them.

No invasion needed really. just the chaos from destroying their infrastrucutre,water purification,food production,and poloticians and military that are loyal to the dictator would do the majority of the work. You would see the military split by relgious/secular lines in turkey. All they need is US air support and Firepower to take it back from their current jerkwad.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The problem with that is establishing air superiority to destroy the infrastructure (pretty barbaric process) is no small task. Turkey could challenge NATO in the air for a period of time. The Pentagon doesn't like losing it's aircraft, and other NATO countries can't afford any losses with their anemic, almost non-existent defence procurement funds.

It wouldn't be like Libya where much of the Air Force was incapable of flying, and what was flew away to avoid being bombed or shot down.

Doing it by ship you'd still face resistance, the Turkish Navy and it's submarines are no laughing matter.

The Turkish Military is no push over. Not by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I wonder how much $$'s those would fetch on the black market ? Turkey was running the stolen oil for $$ so if those nukes had a buyer then that may be a option ...just saying

That would be an option as well, yes. They'd have to covertly sneak them out of the facility their being held in. Satellite would pick it up quickly unless they had another way around that.

It is possible that the Globemasters delivering generators and supplies may be removing some of the 90 [purported] tactical warheads and components. The Turks have no satellites and the Russians' best interests are served by the nukes being out of there and not in the hands of the Aloha Snackbars. If there was an attack and retreat, the last man out could set the timers and the nukes would take care of themselves. The Turks likely are aware of that possibility and would not tempt fate.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

The problem with that is establishing air superiority to destroy the infrastructure (pretty barbaric process) is no small task. Turkey could challenge NATO in the air for a period of time. The Pentagon doesn't like losing it's aircraft, and other NATO countries can't afford any losses with their anemic, almost non-existent defence procurement funds.

It wouldn't be like Libya where much of the Air Force was incapable of flying, and what was flew away to avoid being bombed or shot down.

Doing it by ship you'd still face resistance, the Turkish Navy and it's submarines are no laughing matter.

The Turkish Military is no push over. Not by a long shot.

Its only a problem IF we didnt hit them with cruise missiles first to destroy the Air defenses. And really How many of the military are Loyal to their president really? I think youd be surprised by it.

Also the f-22's and 35's would make short work of turkeys air force. they are still flying f-16s and other 4th gen fighters. Or we could promise russia a peice of turkey if it joins in After kicking turkey out of NATO so they cant use th e defense article.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The US Military is not invincible. it's fifth generation fighters are not magical invisible aircraft. They can be detected by radar, and have been (mostly during NATO exercises but still). Nor are they available in any significant quality. I doubt the USAF wants to risk it's 184 F-22s on Turkey given the current state of the World. The gravest mistake any military can make is to underestimate it's adversary.

I think it's been emboldened by the Iraqi Invasion. Where the Air Force didn't fly and the Army & Republican Guard didn't fight.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
the missiles in Turkey are what lead to the Cuban missile crisis, this was a strategic strike point so we built up their military quite a bit and any bold moves in that county make me wary, the arrest of thousands is a pretty bold move.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join