It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Surrounds, Blocks Access To NATO's Incirlik Airbase Amid Speculation Of Second Coup

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

A small group of activists from the opposition Homeland Party (VP) gathered near the tightly protected base where U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford was scheduled to visit early Monday. Speaking on behalf of activists gathered outside the base in the southern city of Adana, Utku Reyhan, deputy chairman of the party, said İncirlik has been "a den of evil" and should only be controlled by Turkey, claiming the base was used both in the Gülenist coup attempt and in supporting the PKK and the Democratic Union Party (PYD), two groups Turkey views as terrorist organizations. The latter is endorsed by the U.S. in the anti-DAESH fight in Syria. "We wonder how an American army general can visit Turkey after this heinous coup attempt which left nearly 300 of our citizens martyred. They should be ashamed of [playing a role] in the coup attempt. This military base here played an active part in the coup attempt. This was the base where coup plotters who turned their guns on the Turkish nation were garrisoned," he said. Demonstrators were barred from marching on the road in front of the base by the police and dispersed peacefully.

Source from Turkey

The troops/police are there for the General's visit today and because of protests over alleged US fingers in the Turkish coup pie.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The entire thing seems 'fishy' to me. One moment Erdogan is in cahoots with the West, and the next, everything we see. But Elementalgrove left some very good evidence via links, i'll have to take some time later to check that out.

Yeah, it feels like there are layers to this we aren't seeing. Looking forward to anything you can discover!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Erdogan has never really been in cahoots with the West - he is an Islamist idol. During his first election cycle, moderates were warning that an Erdogan vicotry would finally result with a move away from Turkish secularism and lead to a rise in the Islamist movement.

I don't really have too much issue with that per say - they are a democratic country (allegedly!) and also a major Muslim majority country. My issue is more that although this was foreseen, it appears to have been completely overlooked in favour of continued support for Turkey so we could continue bombing the Middle East. In effect, NATO (mainly US as they have the toys) has continued arming Turkey with much better weaponry than surrounding nations (apart from Israel) whilst ignoring any possible blow back - surel;y this is another huge intelligence failing?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Thanks for that, yes theres a lot of anger there over this and rightfully so it would seem.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Well nothing else as of yet but I must ask myself.. is NATO drunk? This seems to be yet another ploy to get ever closer to Russia's border by having attempted to take yet another country.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Turkey is a signed and sealed NATO member and has been used as a buffer against Russia for decades, right through the Cold War. Russia's Black Sea Fleet, as one example, can't go anywhere without going through the Straits of Bosphorus - this meant NATO always knows exactly what that fleet is up to.

It is also the main reason for the hostilities (mainly verbals) between Russia and Turkey for the last 40 - 50 years.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yes I agree. But it looks like the game has changed now, and I don't believe by design.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RangerSF
a reply to: 23432

You sound naive ..steal a nuke and give to ISIS ? Sounds like stealing a soft toy from the corner store, which itself is difficult these days. Get real, don't preach the muslim emperor bull, the amount of internal strife/conflicts/difference in belifs muslims have within themselves is staggering. He is just using this crisis and turkey's refugee deal maximum damage to his secular opponents in various institutions. Diversionary tactics thats all. Turkey isnt Iran or Libya. Turkey needs US/NATO as much as the opposite. Unless he's cozying upto putin as one guy mentioned earlier. Which again seems very unlikely.

1 - Nukes being stolen by clandestine CIA operatives sounds more believeable than Erdogan's men illegally confiscating them.
2 - Caliphate is a reality and furthermore necessity for more peacefull World .
3 - There are 57 countries of Sunni sect of Islam and they are all on board for a Caliphate , I don't think anyone is interested in non muslim opinion on the matter .
4 - 9th of August , Putin & Erdogan are meeting face to face and yes, for Turks , Orthodox Christians are far better bloc to align with than Nato nowadays .
5 - % 30 of Russian Army is made up of Muslims and Orthodox aren't fond of Rothschild Family antics either .

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Sorry I don't drink kool-aid.

I have no idea what your opinon on the matter concerned but i presume it is suffice to say that you are in disagreement with my views .

We don't have Kool Aid drink here , what does it taste like ?

You ought to know , right ?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Tha last caliphate ended rather violently didnt it? This time will be no different.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine

Oh hello there! I've been missing your funny posts, where have you been?! Were getting new manuals?

Hi there !! Nice to know that my posts entertains some users . I don't really get " Manuals " , I write them ; I thought I would enlightened you in this matter of Manuals (?) . You know , you being a fan of my posts , you deserve it really.

Anyway, I hope you are not detained on charge of not praising your dictator enough, so you are still able to tell us the truth! Keep posting!

Nope , I have not been detained . On the contrary , now I have a closer relation with the immediate power circle of my country .
I'll post when someone needs to play the Devil's Advocate .

Earlier on you intimidated this forum with Russian nukes and called on NATO members to fight against "Russian aggression", what's the newest plot? To blame Europeans for being too Christian or what?

The newest plot involves the outing of an illegal CIA operation which was carried out by the orders of Rothschild family .

Are you really going to justify all the events, telling us about "Erdogan's fight against the Rothschilds Tyranny" here?

I presume you are referring to " Purge " and " Arrests " ; Turks are leaving the Atlantic bloc and as such the foreign bodies have to be removed before ship Turkia set sails globally without the burden of defending Europe & USA .

If Russia wants to have her way with EU & US , do I have to get my gun and shoot a Russian or two ?

Erdogan asked for Gulen's arrest and deportation . I'll wait to see what USA will do before I even look at my guns with a view to defend Europe & USA .

Does oil smuggling help that?

Not as much as buying it on the cheap does .

Why you don't have the balls to admit that you are happy to use any opportunity for the sake of own power and enrichment?
Admit to what ? I think Caliphate is a real need for the World Peace and I said so on many different threads . 1.8 billion muslims in 57 contries with no borders ? yeah count me in pls .
You are just scared that if this bloc becomes operational than your country and / or Nation might become the target of " Jihad " .
You use the words " Power & Enrichment " in a somewhat accusatory tone ; I wonder if the same scrutiny is applicable to everyone else on your World ?

Nobody will be surprised, but at least, it will absolve you from the necessity to write such nonsenses.

This ATS membership is a funny thing ; it does funny things to people's rationale thought process . Mog & Gagog are gathering and Armegeddon is on the Horizon ; hope you've repented while you had the chance.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

US army chief Joseph Dunford visits bombed parliament Turkey

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

No man knows the time or Place of the End times Save God himself. If it happened when a man said it was going to i t would contradict Him. Basically when you say its close you predict it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Tha last caliphate ended rather violently didnt it? This time will be no different.

I think you really need to learn what Caliphate means in the context of Peace .

Turks held the Caliphate over Millennia ; It is childish of people to think such an Organisation would disappear . Any Organisation that lasts more than 1000 years has an inherent value to Common humanity .

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No man knows the time or Place of the End times Save God himself. If it happened when a man said it was going to i t would contradict Him. Basically when you say its close you predict it.

I think you must be a young lad .

The situation in Syria certainly shouts Eizekel 38.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Anytime I see a statement about Rothschilds, Illuminati or the end times It reminds me of when I first got into conspiracy theory.It makes this insane world easier to understand and seems to make sense but if the world was so easy to generalize and cram into a box then world domination and a one world government would have already happened and we wouldn't even be here having this conversation. Politicians have been using these claims to drum up fear since man could write.

You can divide the world into a neat east vs west ideology but believing it only means you buy into 3rd world propaganda, consider for one moment that in your 20 or 30 years of "research" that maybe you don't have it "all figured out" and be open to the idea that you could have it wrong and your world view may need some revision. Over your time in this conspiracy world you will find yourself wrong at many turns, new information will force you to learn and revise.

Basically, don't let yourself get arrogant alot of these people have been at this WAY longer then you, its not that they don't see what you see its that they have seen many of these conspiracy theories evolve over time and can better see when things are out of order, forcing pieces of a puzzle to fit happens alot and lies can continue being spewed for generations. Treating people like children because they don't share your radical views is arrogant.

Remember to deny ignorance you need wisdom, which means admitting to yourself that you don't have all the answers.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7

Anytime I see a statement about Rothschilds, Illuminati or the end times It reminds me of when I first got into conspiracy theory.It makes this insane world easier to understand and seems to make sense but if the world was so easy to generalize and cram into a box then world domination and a one world government would have already happened and we wouldn't even be here having this conversation. Politicians have been using these claims to drum up fear since man could write.

ok hold your horses for a second. Politicians are a new breed to this fight ; 1000 yeas ago there were no politicians but the struggle was as real as it was today. Rothschilds are the public face of opression but they are merely puppets themselves too . I am really not drumming up fear at all but stating the obvious .

You can divide the world into a neat east vs west ideology but believing it only means you buy into 3rd world propaganda, consider for one moment that in your 20 or 30 years of "research" that maybe you don't have it "all figured out" and be open to the idea that you could have it wrong and your world view may need some revision.

I have never claimed to have it " all " figured it out but please allow me to know my enemy ; after all I am being attacked and I can trace the bullets back to Rothschilds and their minions . I am always open to revision , heck I have revised my stand on the issue of Nato within last 2 weeks .
i now think Turkey would be better off going ahead without Nato ; last month I wasn't thinking like that .

Basically, don't let yourself get arrogant alot of these people have been at this WAY longer then you, its not that they don't see what you see its that they have seen many of these conspiracy theories evolve over time and can better see when things are out of order, forcing pieces of a puzzle to fit happens alot and lies can continue being spewed for generations.

The word you looking for is exasparated not arrogant though I might think it is easy to confuse the two . This is NOT a new game to me , personally .

Treating people like children because they don't share your radical views is arrogant.

Again , it is exasparation not arrogance though easy to confuse the two .

Remember to deny ignorance you need wisdom, which means admitting to yourself that you don't have all the answers.

I presume you are from a Nato nation ; if not please tell me .

First time I have been to Incirlik Airbase was back in the 60's while my father was building the extention of runways . I was a little boy .

This reply of yours I believe is sincere and I try to treat it as such. But in all honesty it has little to do with topic of Incirlik.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

I think you really need to learn what Caliphate means in the context of Peace .

Turks held the Caliphate over Millennia ; It is childish of people to think such an Organisation would disappear . Any Organisation that lasts more than 1000 years has an inherent value to Common humanity .

Chinese have been around longer than 1000 years too. Dont mean we should emulate them. Its not about number of years but the QUALITY of the years you have. YEs the caliphate dissapeared. Part of it was its hold which was thrown off because of it getting to mean for the people they ruled.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 2nd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I personally enjoy reading your post and getting an insight from someone closer to the inner circle of the Turkish government. Many in the West are totally against an Islamic state based on Suni Wahhabism thoughts even though there are not mass protest about our supporting Saudi and helping in their efforts in Yemen and Syria..

Turkey should do what the people want and enjoy the benefits of their decision whether good or bad.... that way they will know it was their decision and not someone Else's.

I am not a fan of the current government of Turkey's purge but I am not there and am not Turkish so, so what...

So you just keep posting when you feel like it for it gives us all an insight into some of the belief's from your part of the world..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join