It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Deja VU's a type of Time Slip or Something Else - Post Your Views.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Like a clairvoyant type of dream, very cool.

As i was reading this i was thinking... Time. It doesnt actually exist does it. Only our perception of it exists. If we were to become so aware of time being non sequential, would in fact everything cease to exist as it appears to us?

I would really love to go there, to understand that and to become it.

Thankyou for such a wonderful account of your experiences. I enjoyed reading that.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Had a strange DV way back, on a trip through Pennsylvania that I had never taken before. In the back seat , as a kid , family driving down the Penn. Tpk. on the way back to Ohio. I remember seeing this huge brown field with a giant barn set firmly in the middle of the property. I said to myself, "I have seen this before, and I know, on the other side of that barn, it says "Chew Mail Pouch" in huge letters painted on the side.

Sure enough, passing the barn and looking at the other side, there it is.. "Chew Mail Pouch".

I had often wondered how It was possible , but the entire 30 second or so experience was like a movie in my mind being played out.

That is significant indeed. I believe in not only the ability of clairvoyance but also remote viewing.

I know for some remote viewing is spontaneous until one learns how to master the skill.

It's quite likely you too, unknowingly have that skill.

Thankyou for sharing

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What if... our reality is manipulated, by something or another.

What if we live in a simulation. Not a holographic simulation, not a simulation in a simulation, but a biological simulation. Hear me out.

When we have deja vu, we are in a "knowing" state of mind. It could be... our consciousness downloading new information.

Whenever an individual has broken the set schematics through will power or some other way, it effects everyone, thus prompting the deja vu program to upload the needed information to set the simulation back on course.

UFOs could be the repair men, so to speak, "abducting" certain people who cause the Sim to malfunction, because they are able to manipulate it using "will power", increasingly more than others.

So...
Maybe we live in a sim, that is run by beings who are constantly trying to fix it and us, to keep it on course, and deja vu is one example of their work.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dropthree
What if... our reality is manipulated, by something or another.

What if we live in a simulation. Not a holographic simulation, not a simulation in a simulation, but a biological simulation. Hear me out.

When we have deja vu, we are in a "knowing" state of mind. It could be... our consciousness downloading new information.

Whenever an individual has broken the set schematics through will power or some other way, it effects everyone, thus prompting the deja vu program to upload the needed information to set the simulation back on course.

UFOs could be the repair men, so to speak, "abducting" certain people who cause the Sim to malfunction, because they are able to manipulate it using "will power", increasingly more than others.

So...
Maybe we live in a sim, that is run by beings who are constantly trying to fix it and us, to keep it on course, and deja vu is one example of their work.

Thoughts?

I loved reading your analysis! Awesome.

That would make a fantastic SCI FI movie lol!

Seriously i like it. Now if the simulation is malfunctioning, what if.. we're nearing the 'end' of this cycle?

Like the Mayans 5th World ending/beginning i forget now.

Then everything goes back to like, the garden of Eden scenario where everything is pure and good and magnificent like it should be. And all the evil people simply vanish from the entire simulation?

I liked the UFO scenario you added, i've never seen one close up, but i have a close friend who has right close up in fact. I've seen them as well however as lights spinning in the sky for hours. Interesting to say the least.

This is excellent Thankyou. Cant wait for you to add more this could get good!

edit on 7/27/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It's neither I'm afraid. It's just the way the brain sometimes treats new information given to it.It's caused by a slight delay of the signals processed by the relevant parts of the brain.The temporal lobe that processes this data does it twice as it's sent from both sides of the brain.They should both be perfectly synchronised,but sometimes they're not and one side lags the other by a millisecond or so it can give us the impression that we've seen this before.

Timeslips are way more cool though,but sometimes we just gotta let Occam's Razor do it's work.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have thought about the "27 club" in regards to this theory, as in those who are waking the masses. When these individuals effect out reality too much, they are recycled (reincarnated) to take a new role in reality.

I guess what I'm getting at is, maybe we are slaves, living out a Destiny, we have little control over. Re-programmed, re-paired, or re-cycled.

Over and over for whatever reason.

I have to call it a night, but I will be back later today!

Thanks for the thread. It pulled me out of my usual lurking.

Nice to meet you awarenes10!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
It's neither I'm afraid. It's just the way the brain sometimes treats new information given to it.It's caused by a slight delay of the signals processed by the relevant parts of the brain.The temporal lobe that processes this data does it twice as it's sent from both sides of the brain.They should both be perfectly synchronised,but sometimes they're not and one side lags the other by a millisecond or so it can give us the impression that we've seen this before.

Timeslips are way more cool though,but sometimes we just gotta let Occam's Razor do it's work.

See, that's the magnificence of it all, it's not all based on science alone, there is much more to the world than just one scenario. I appreciate your input though greatly. I just think there's more than one way. I understand the brain/ reptillian part of it.

Yes there's more to it, far more, but for now, people aren't at the point where they're ready to 'expand' their belief systems, science being one of them.

anyways, nuff from me, will continue tomorrow.

Thankyou again and it's nice meeting you too my friend!
edit on 7/27/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dropthree
I have thought about the "27 club" in regards to this theory, as in those who are waking the masses. When these individuals effect out reality too much, they are recycled (reincarnated) to take a new role in reality.

I guess what I'm getting at is, maybe we are slaves, living out a Destiny, we have little control over. Re-programmed, re-paired, or re-cycled.

Over and over for whatever reason.

I have to call it a night, but I will be back later today!

Thanks for the thread. It pulled me out of my usual lurking.

Nice to meet you awarenes10!

Hey thanks for that, can't wait to continue this later, it's getting interesting!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Never thought of a deja vu event as a Timeslip before or Time Travel event but now I do think about it and it could well be... just a question of how this could take place if you (the person) hasn't been in any time travel machines!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Never thought of a deja vu event as a Timeslip before or Time Travel event but now I do think about it and it could well be... just a question of how this could take place if you (the person) hasn't been in any time travel machines!

One needs no time travel device, in essence. All one needs is 'awareness'.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I am of the opinion (note 'opinion') that deja Vu is evidence of a life already lived and being repeated. It has been about 60 yrs since my last deja Vu . But I have had a couple of precognitive episodes since and multiple dreams that told me what was happening or going to happen.

Honestly it scares the dickens out of me that I will have to relive this life. BTW, there is a gnostic tradition according to the "4th Way' that some of us live the same life over and over and over until we get it right....this scares the bejezus out of me.

It's not that bad!
LOL!!

What I mean is DV's to me have always signaled that I am in the right place doing just as I "should be" and everything is fine.

They are a comfort not a distress.

Time isn't linear and for all I know we get to skip ahead and "practice", recognizing a DV just means your life is going along how YOU have already planned it.

Nothing complicated about it
edit on 27-7-2016 by Caver78 because: grammar "fail"

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

One needs no time travel device, in essence. All one needs is 'awareness'.

Possibly. Maybe there is something in the Brain and in our makeup we can use but don't know ezactly where it is or how to access it but it's there..

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I had a real vivid one only a few days ago, I get them quite a bit but only now and again are they so powerful that i actually get a little disorientated and actually lose grip on what reality im in. If that makes sense.

The last one was at work and it was as if this scenario was superimposed onto the same scenario and i did struggle a little to come to the conclusion that i was actually awake and not reliving the moment in my sleep. I was awake!!!

The one before was 12-15 years ago and i was inside a house i did not know. Details were so immersive i still remember it clearley to this, blue flowered wall paper, two budgies one yellow one white and blue in a gold coulored cage, old woman in a blue dress with pink rimmed glasses, old man sitting on a oddly flowered armchair wearing beige cord trouses and a beige/brown jacket. Around a week later I went to my grandmothers house who took me to here friends house which was exactly the hose and people i saw somewhere around a week before. Freaked out internally!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Time does not exist. Space neither. End of explanation.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I read this book about dreams once and, there was this section about Deja Vu being a just a jab to let us know we are on the right path in life...

Something to the effect of, you feel like you've done or seen "this" before because you are supposed to do or see "this"... You are moving the right way along your lifes path.. And these feelings of Deja Vu are just little reminders of"Ah, yes this is the correct way."

If that makes sense....
edit on 27-7-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If the evidence supports the theory we're on a winner; if not, it's probably just fluff.

And the evidence for déja vu being anything other than just an interesting subjective experience easily explained by the anatomy and physiology of the brain is flaky, at best.

I'm sorry but I'm just not far enough down the rabbit hole on this one.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I always thought it was just some sort of chemical build up in the brain, and when it releases, no matter what your doing at the time, it gives you the feeling that you've done it before.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: Imagewerx

See, that's the magnificence of it all, it's not all based on science alone, there is much more to the world than just one scenario. I appreciate your input though greatly. I just think there's more than one way. I understand the brain/ reptillian part of it.

Yes there's more to it, far more, but for now, people aren't at the point where they're ready to 'expand' their belief systems, science being one of them.

anyways, nuff from me, will continue tomorrow.

Thankyou again and it's nice meeting you too my friend!

Nice to meet you as well! I used to get deja vu a lot but it got less and less as I got older and now I probably only get it once a year at the most.I asked our family doctor about it and he said these and other strange things can always be explained by science and told me what I said above.
He also told me that mild psychological disorders can cause an imbalance between the two sides of the brain.One side can be in overdrive while the other side can be semi-dormant causing an even greater phase difference and an even more over whelming feeling that I've seen this before.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The scientific explanation for Deja Vu is that when you see or experience something similar to something you have already seen or experienced, your brain gets confused and starts to mix up the details, making you think it's exactly the same. Not glitch in the Matrix or a glimpse into another dimension. Just a brain fart.

content.time.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ok I will attempt to explain my perspective on this phenomenon.

It is my opinion that deja vu is usually a case of mis-remembering. Lets say you are experiencing something, at that same time you are having a thought about that experience or something that it reminds you of or a feeling that it gives you, or maybe just daydreaming.

All of these things including the feelings that you are experiencing mix together and become part of the memory.

Later on perhaps even years later you experience something similar. Because of the way that the first experience was relayed into your memory you may remember the feelings stronger than the actual experience thereby getting your synapses crossed so to speak. And your memory of the experience is taken over by the sameness of feelings and the memory becomes one of the same experience. They may not even really be the same or close to the same but because of the mis-remembering the brain recreates what is happening in the current experience and attaches it to the previous one and voila - deja vu

Well perhaps......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join