It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bone75
So none of you find it suspicious that we have footage of the guy laying on the ground with his hands in the air, but not the actual shooting?

There's a reason for that I'm sure.

I'm curious what you think that reason is. Did the guy suddenly start reaching for a gun when the video went off or something? Is that what you are suggesting? Are you honestly incapable of finding fault with the police?

You have to admit Bone has a point. How convenient that we have before, and after, but not during, in the video. Somebody doesn't want us to see that footage and I want to know why. Maybe it was a complete negligent accident, but they want to spin it as intentional? I don't know but you have to admit, something isn't right.

That being said, this man that was shot does not seem at all to be a bad guy, in fact just the total opposite, so I truly do feel for him. If this shot that was fired, from a rifle, was a deliberate aimed shot, someone would be dead or at least critical. It feels that someone is trying to spin this another way.

Or the cop has as inept aim as he does an inept trigger finger.

Either way charges should be brought up assuming the body cam corroborates everything else we've seen. Question is, would there be more outrage if he was dead? Does the fact that he survived diminish the outcry?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I think the outrage could be the same, or even worse because it will be spun as a true "hands up don't shoot", which it doesn't appear that cut and dry. And if this is a true negligent act, the Officer should be fired, and maybe even charged with some type of criminal negligence. This is another one that will take some time to figure out so we will see.
edit on 21-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

No probably not.. I think the outrage could be the same, or even worse because it will be spun as a true "hands up don't shoot", which it doesn't appear that cut and dry. And if this is a true negligent act, the Officer should be fired, and maybe even charged with some type of criminal negligence. This is another one that will take some time to figure out so we will see.

Right- Its hard to speculate too much. Especially on what the punishment should be. But for me- if this was as the victim claims( and certainly the before video) then the officer should be charged with attempted something. Just because the bullet was inches from slicing a vital organ or artery ; shouldn't negate 99% of the punishment

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

You have to admit Bone has a point. How convenient that we have before, and after, but not during, in the video. Somebody doesn't want us to see that footage and I want to know why. Maybe it was a complete negligent accident, but they want to spin it as intentional? I don't know but you have to admit, something isn't right.

I don't have to admit anything, but it certainly looks like it isn't preventing you from heavily speculating. I'm going to side with the innocuous explanation that video evidence just didn't get filmed at the moment of the shooting, and until more information is available instead of making assumptions and speculations that could lead people down bias lanes I'm going to believe that. Occam's Razor and all that.

That being said, this man that was shot does not seem at all to be a bad guy, in fact just the total opposite, so I truly do feel for him. If this shot that was fired, from a rifle, was a deliberately aimed shot, someone would be dead, or at least critically injured. It feels that someone is trying to spin this another way.

No, it feels like this is a case of improper trigger discipline. You sound like you just want to distrust the narrative for the sake of distrusting it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

No probably not.. I think the outrage could be the same, or even worse because it will be spun as a true "hands up don't shoot", which it doesn't appear that cut and dry. And if this is a true negligent act, the Officer should be fired, and maybe even charged with some type of criminal negligence. This is another one that will take some time to figure out so we will see.

Right- Its hard to speculate too much. Especially on what the punishment should be. But for me- if this was as the victim claims( and certainly the before video) then the officer should be charged with attempted something. Just because the bullet was inches from slicing a vital organ or artery ; shouldn't negate 99% of the punishment

Yea we really do not know yet..I don't want a cop to be screwed for life it it truly was a dumb mistake, but on the other hand, if there was any malicious intent then he should get the book thrown at him.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: gladtobehere

all we have is one side of the story.
i want to hear the officer's side of what happened before making a judgment.

Hear the officer's side? Really? Foh with that crap. The guy was the caretaker of the autistic guy and did everything he should have done to prevent getting shot, but got shot anyway. When the guy asked why did he shoot him, the cop said "I don't know". What the hell else do you need to hear from that incompetent ass cop, and who in the hell gave you stars for that ingenious post of yours? Nothing surprises or amazes me anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: supremecommander
Unbelievable.

and yet, you still have people who want to defend the sadistic LEOs who did this.

its becoming numbing. so when the next time a black, ex military nut job ambushes cops on a suicide mission, i should wait to hear both sides of the story, right?

NO!!

Why does he have to be sadistic?? If it was an accidental shooting then he just needs to be fired for being inept. Having lived in Miami I can sat they aren't thr best trained that's for sure. But I will say at that distance even thr inept Miami police would have killed him if they meant to. No one is traimed to shoot someone in the leg. This leads me to beliwve thr officer didn't mean to fire but did out of stupidity.

Everyone makes mistakes but in his line of work you never make a mistake with your firearm. This shows sever incompetance and gross neglegence. However I find it unlikely there was any hostility on thr officers part. And I'd sat had nothing to do with him seems they were worried about his patient which people claimed he had a gun. And his failure to comply do to not knowing any better. This is why they used to have mental health professionals now most jurisdiction did away with that. I think we need to take a serious look at hiring trained psychologists to assist the police.

I'm tired of these excuses.

The number of people shot and killed in this country by law enforcement, and it is across the board black, white, latino, etc is outrageous. This man was unarmed and in a submissive position. He was shot and then when asked why he was assaulted by these animals, the answer is "I don't know"??

I'm sorry. I may have less sympathy the next time an ambush happens on these cops if this is how people's attitudes are every time a FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZEN and HUMAN BEING is shot while unarmed.

Yeah, they need to stop hiring psychos and veterans with PTSD who are itching to end lives first and serve the community second.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's just crazy. It's really almost unbelievable too. WTF is wrong with that cop???

Honestly though, as interesting as this story is I'm actually more interested in hearing what the excuses will be and the various ways this will be played down as "Nothing to see here". I'm not sure how it will be done but I know it will happen.

The timing of this is also incredible. Almost to the point that part of me is waiting for this to be exposed as a HOAX since I can't believe that any cop would be this dumb.

Perhaps you'll give those who don't want to jump to the "cops are bad, mmmk" conclusions the permission to hear both sides?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: grey580

Glock, S&W, H&K... doesn't matter. What matters is, that cop had piss poor trigger discipline, if he had his finger on the trigger.
You sir are correct. Trigger finger should be extended until ready to fire.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Something is beginning to stink. After some local scandal about our sheriff, it seems like some far right extremists have taken a lot of jobs in law enforcement.

The FBI reported back in 2006 that far right extremists/white supremacists were infiltrating law enforcement. I believe that to be the case.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It is awful that we live in times where cops doubt in every word of the civilian.
Exactly, how could he prove more that he is unarmed, peacefull therapist?
Why cops aren't resposible for their actions?! How can WE demand justice from them?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Cops are trained this way, it will help police to effectively disarm populace after ban on guns will be passed.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: DAVID64

everyone is filling in the blanks with "bad cop" mind set.

i don't believe the police officer just decided to shoot the guy.

there is more to the story..... the police officer's side.
it would be great if all the police officers involved had a body cameras.
Nobody is filling in anything. The guy was unarmed ,with his autistic patient, and committing no crime. That cop was grossly incompetent. Nothing else to the "story". I know, I know, "that guy HAD to have done SOMETHING". Yeah, right.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Unbelievable.

and yet, you still have people who want to defend the sadistic LEOs who did this.

its becoming numbing. so when the next time a black, ex military nut job ambushes cops on a suicide mission, i should wait to hear both sides of the story, right?

NO!!

Why does he have to be sadistic?? If it was an accidental shooting then he just needs to be fired for being inept. Having lived in Miami I can sat they aren't thr best trained that's for sure. But I will say at that distance even thr inept Miami police would have killed him if they meant to. No one is traimed to shoot someone in the leg. This leads me to beliwve thr officer didn't mean to fire but did out of stupidity.

Everyone makes mistakes but in his line of work you never make a mistake with your firearm. This shows sever incompetance and gross neglegence. However I find it unlikely there was any hostility on thr officers part. And I'd sat had nothing to do with him seems they were worried about his patient which people claimed he had a gun. And his failure to comply do to not knowing any better. This is why they used to have mental health professionals now most jurisdiction did away with that. I think we need to take a serious look at hiring trained psychologists to assist the police.

The number of people shot and killed in this country by law enforcement, and it is across the board black, white, latino, etc is outrageous. This man was unarmed and in a submissive position. He was shot and then when asked why he was assaulted by these animals, the answer is "I don't know"??

I'm sorry. I may have less sympathy the next time an ambush happens on these cops if this is how people's attitudes are every time a FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZEN and HUMAN BEING is shot while unarmed.

Yeah, they need to stop hiring psychos and veterans with PTSD who are itching to end lives first and serve the community second.

It is ignorant to come to a final conclusion when noone knows the WHOLE story.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Yea we really do not know yet..I don't want a cop to be screwed for life it it truly was a dumb mistake, but on the other hand, if there was any malicious intent then he should get the book thrown at him.

Malicious intent or no. You are dealing with what is likely an accidental discharge due to improper trigger discipline. That should be a criminally negligent offense. This a gun we are talking about here. When you make mistakes with them, people die. There is no room for mistakes. At the very least, it shows that the officer cannot handle firearms properly while performing his job. He may not need to be arrested, but at the very least he needs to lose his job.

PS: His life is done ruined at this point.
edit on 21-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
there is he said, "I Don't know" a reply to: subfab

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Unbelievable.

NO!!

Odd, your actions and words after the Dallas and BR shootings were the opposite of this.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Malicious intent or no. You are dealing with what is likely an accidental discharge due to improper trigger discipline. That should be a criminally negligent offense. This a gun we are talking about here. When you make mistakes with them, people die. There is no room for mistakes. At the very least, it shows that the officer cannot handle firearms properly while performing his job. He may not need to be arrested, but at the very least he needs to lose his job.

PS: His life is done ruined at this point.

If this is the case than I can agree. Most people, by looking at my posts can tell I am very pro cop. I have worked with dozens of them when I was in the military and they all seemed like your average person. I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt because history shows that in the end, the cop turned out to be right, after the facts came out. The majority of the time.

But if there is evidence in any shooting that the cop was in the wrong then I have no problem with them being punished to the full extent of the law.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

wow, this does not help with the general publics fear of cops.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Unbelievable.

NO!!

Odd, your actions and words after the Dallas and BR shootings were the opposite of this.

Alton Sterling had it coming i'm sorry. His character and history of crime make it clear the kind of person he was. Do you want to play mixed martial arts with a guy who could at any second grab that gun?

As far as Philando Castile, I am not 100% certain yet, but the more details about that case that come out, the more it looks like he did something stupid. In a ccw class, a licensed attorney explains the rules while carrying, and what to do when stopped. People don't ccw a pistol on their lap, period. And from what I have read, the girlfriend told the police in an interview that nobody told the cop about the gun or permit until AFTER the shooting. She said "the cop didn't give us time to tell him" . Odds are he went reaching and the cop saw the gun on his lap.

To me it looks like a tragic mistake of a cop reacting to someone who isn't doing things the right way as far as ccw is concerned. That story already took a drastic turn once some of the facts started to come out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join