It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Northern Miami police shoot unarmed Black man with hands raised.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
What more do you need to hear?
The guy even said he asked the Cop why he shot him and the Cop said "I don't know."

i want to hear the officer's side of the story. and any eye witness account of what happened.
somewhere in all of it will be the truth.
edit on 20-7-2016 by subfab because: quote

edit on 20-7-2016 by subfab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Sounds like a negligent discharge that's being blown out of proportion as another cop shooting a black guy.

So evidently an innocent person is shot. You say it is "blown out of proportion."

In what proportions should we view this incident?

Leaving race or any other factors aside, is there any justification for this? The man was laying on his back with his hands in the air. To feel that his being shot at that point is something to just gloss over, so as to not blow it "out of proportion," is absurd.

Luckily he is alive to recount the incident. It could very well have been a fatal shot, considering the gross absence of trigger discipline displayed by the officer that shot him.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
The video doesnt show the actual shooting but there is footage of before and after.

I dont know what else the Black guy could have done to prove that he wasnt a threat?

Isnt it also relatively clear that the other guy has some type of mental issues?

Thankfully he's not dead, which probably would have triggered protests followed by who knows what.

This is so depressing...I really just don't understand...thank god he survived..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant

originally posted by: Snarl
Sounds like a negligent discharge that's being blown out of proportion as another cop shooting a black guy.

So evidently an innocent person is shot. You say it is "blown out of proportion."

In what proportions should we view this incident?

Leaving race or any other factors aside, is there any justification for this? The man was laying on his back with his hands in the air. To feel that his being shot at that point is something to just gloss over, so as to not blow it "out of proportion," is absurd.

Luckily he is alive to recount the incident. It could very well have been a fatal shot, considering the gross absence of trigger discipline displayed by the officer that shot him.

Not to mention they CUFFED him afterwards!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The liabilities for police rendering aid are insane. I think that's something that desperately needs to change.

Good Samaritan laws apply to police as well.

There should be no liability for a police officer to render medical intervention at the TCCC level.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Police departments have differing policies on rendering aid to someone who was shot by police. In some the officer that shoots isn't allowed to render aid, in others none of them are.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
From what we see so far, this doesn't look good for the cop. That said, we have video from before, and video from after, and notably, no video from the actual shooting. Why, exactly, is that portion missing?? That seems odd to me. Plus, was the cop who said he didn't know why the man was shot the one who fired, or another one? The video implies that it was the same cop, but some articles make it sound like it could have been another cop. So, since we have no statement as of yet from the police, and no video of the actual shooting, we cannot know what actually happened. Maybe the cop did screw up, and misfire or something. Maybe something happened in that break in the video that we can't see. The guy seems sincere, in his interview, at least, and reports are that he was shot three times, so that makes an accident far less likely. The other guy, the autistic one, did not look like a threat; he looked confused and upset, and with the man telling them it was a toy, seems someone would listen. As for whoever made the call, without knowing what they saw and heard, we can't say they were out of line. An autistic person can display some very erratic behavior, and someone not familiar with that, seeing something in his hands, from a distance, might have just wanted to play it safe.

At least this man wasn't killed. Really hope there is more video, and we can get all of the facts here.The timing for this couldn't be worse. More than enough people upset as it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

it's crazy, you can steal a chocolate bar and go to jail, steal someone's life and get no punishment. something tells me these people will be punished somewhere else

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Unbelievable.

and yet, you still have people who want to defend the sadistic LEOs who did this.

its becoming numbing. so when the next time a black, ex military nut job ambushes cops on a suicide mission, i should wait to hear both sides of the story, right?

NO!!

edit on 20-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

(post by Domo1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Someone needs to take a gun and shoot that damn cop....so officer, how does it feel to be shot without reason....$%@hole

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The guy laying on the ground like he did, would have raised my suspicion.

Why would a guy going totally submissive raise your suspicions?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The guy laying on the ground like he did, would have raised my suspicion.

Why would a guy going totally submissive raise your suspicions?

It just looked like incredibly suspicious behavior. You saw the video. Who does that?

I'm not finding fault with the victim at all. This is 100% owned by the cops.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Not to mention they freaking told him to before they shot him.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Police departments have differing policies on rendering aid to someone who was shot by police. In some the officer that shoots isn't allowed to render aid, in others none of them are.

That's a stupid policy.

But dead men tell no tales I suppose.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

It just looked like incredibly suspicious behavior. You saw the video. Who does that?

WOW!

Who does that? A person afraid for their life! And if you're suggesting it was suspicious behavior because he didn't lie face down, I don't know where you're coming from at all, that would be so he could keep some kind of "control" over his autistic ward, who was in greater danger of being shot than was the man lying down, obviously, and in the victims own words.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Incredibly stupid. Not sure how widespread it is either. I think I just read something Shamrock (who I certainly respect and never see talking out of his behind) saying the same thing a few days ago.

My guess is that somewhere some lawyer twisted the cop rendering aid after shooting to the point they got in trouble because the person wasn't a threat or something.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What the hell is our former police chief even doing down there if Miami PD is still screwing up??? Jane Castor, you were sent there with a mission by the Department of Justice to bring that Tampa professionalism to a clearly lacking Miami PD. Please make sure the dimwit at least is suspended without pay for half a year at the very minimum.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The cop should come out and say

'I didn't intentionally try to shoot him'

That answer should satisfy everyone on the political left. Unless the left has double standards....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
Unbelievable.

and yet, you still have people who want to defend the sadistic LEOs who did this.

its becoming numbing. so when the next time a black, ex military nut job ambushes cops on a suicide mission, i should wait to hear both sides of the story, right?

NO!!

Why does he have to be sadistic?? If it was an accidental shooting then he just needs to be fired for being inept. Having lived in Miami I can sat they aren't thr best trained that's for sure. But I will say at that distance even thr inept Miami police would have killed him if they meant to. No one is traimed to shoot someone in the leg. This leads me to beliwve thr officer didn't mean to fire but did out of stupidity.

Everyone makes mistakes but in his line of work you never make a mistake with your firearm. This shows sever incompetance and gross neglegence. However I find it unlikely there was any hostility on thr officers part. And I'd sat had nothing to do with him seems they were worried about his patient which people claimed he had a gun. And his failure to comply do to not knowing any better. This is why they used to have mental health professionals now most jurisdiction did away with that. I think we need to take a serious look at hiring trained psychologists to assist the police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join