It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE!?! I'm confused!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Notice how the speakers at the RNC made a point to call them illegal ALIENS. I guess illegal immigrants was too polite? Not combative enough? They want to call them ALIENS. Get the ALIENS out. ILLEGAL ALIENS -- it's such a nasty little middle finger. Won't even call you an immigrant.

The US government issued me a Resident ALIEN card. It may have a negative connotation on ATS but it is a perfectly legitimate LEGAL term.

As a LEGAL ALIEN now naturalized citizen, I find all of this feigned outrage for things you don't even understand to be hilarious.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nah, I was born here.

The Indians were immigrants too, by that logic... land bridge and whatnot.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And by that rationale, why not ban all guns until we can figure out what's going on with shootings.

It's such a thoughtless argument.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I find all of this feigned outrage for things you don't even understand to be hilarious.

Kudos to you sir. This should be plastered everywhere.

Keeping borders is quite the worldwide affair. We have a legal immigration process and it should be used.
edit on 20-7-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Notice how the speakers at the RNC made a point to call them illegal ALIENS. I guess illegal immigrants was too polite? Not combative enough? They want to call them ALIENS. Get the ALIENS out. ILLEGAL ALIENS -- it's such a nasty little middle finger. Won't even call you an immigrant.

The US government issued me a Resident ALIEN card. It may have a negative connotation on ATS but it is a perfectly legitimate LEGAL term.

As a LEGAL ALIEN now naturalized citizen, I find all of this feigned outrage for things you don't even understand to be hilarious.

No, you watch and listen the way they say it. So much contempt put into the word alien. Driving a wedge.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No, you watch and listen the way they say it. So much contempt put into the word alien. Driving a wedge.

I think you're overly sensitive and expecting me to feel like a victim over it. I don't and won't.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We were all born somewhere, that being on this planet.

Just because you were born somewhere entitles you just about jack crap unless you have a shiny silver spoon stuck where the sun don't shine that really means nothing.

Monies talk and the rest just play along to "There" tune and do "There" walk. its called social engineering, and its in full swing these days.

Like it or lump it, plain to see to anyone with an eye that cares to look.

edit on 20-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm not personally expecting you to feel anything. There's a reason they put that contempt edge on alien, instead of immigrant. It's just fact. I don't care if it bothers you or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: MysticPearl

And by that rationale, why not ban all guns until we can figure out what's going on with shootings.

It's such a thoughtless argument.

Suspend the constitution vs Using an established law. Thoughtless indeed.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Without borders, people identify themselves by race or religion instead of by territory and law. Territorial loyalty to the borders have enabled people in the west to exist side by side, respecting each other's rights as fellow citizens, even without the false solidarity of clan or faith.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Why does it bother you?

You call a problem by its proper name. When you identify a problem for what it is you can then act on it and deal with it.

I'm a spanish speaking immigrant man, I'm intimately familiar with the immigration process and its laws. I'm also familiar with both arguments and don't find what the left has to say on the matter to be credible.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But we are a race, all the same, its called humanity.

The only thing borders enable in this day of age is control and the retardation of movement.

God is dead(or never was), long live Humanity, i am you, and you are me, only difference is how we identify with one another.

edit on 20-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

so its about having a heart?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Just because you were born somewhere entitles you just about jack crap

You share my view on anchor babies, I see.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm too aware of propaganda, and fear mongering, for it not to bother me.

Let's bring this woman out to talk about how her son was killed by an illegal immigrant-- she corrects herself--- illegal ALIEN. And how a vote for Clinton puts ALL of our children's lives in danger. That's a THICK layer of fear mongering with a nice little sprinkling of contempt for all illegals. It feeds the hate that's out there.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Even "anchor babies" are people!

I mean if we can help then we should do so, else we should crap and get off the pot i imagine.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Europe shares that view.

Only a few countries still have that legality.

U.S. Almost Alone In Granting Birthright Citizenship

edit on 20-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Europe shares that view.

Only a few countries still have that legality.

U.S. Almost Alone In Granting Birthright Citizenship

Well, the U.S. is supposed to be that last best hope.

edit on 20-7-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

hat's a THICK layer of fear mongering with a nice little sprinkling of contempt for all illegals. It feeds the hate that's out there.

I guess her experience is illegitimate?

Is it ok for us to accept unnecessary risks from illegals when we can actually do something about it?

Illegals brings diseases and crime in MANY cases. Her case isn't isolated and shouldn't be rejected as a matter of course for some narrative that pretends to stand up for people like me just because I speak spanish.

Let's get this straight:

I'm from the part of the world where things like this happen regularly. I also lived in the neighborhood in the US where illegals run rampant and their criminality shows.

This is not something you want here and it does no one any good to try to be politically correct about it.

Stop whining and at least TRY to understand why people might feel this way. Also TRY to understand why I would feel this way. So far you've wasted a ton of energy being "outraged" by the term 'alien', as well as accusing anyone wanting to secure the border and stop illegals from their invasion of the US as racist and xenophobic when this is simply not the case.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Xenophobia is the intense or irrational fear of anything foreign or strange. Foreigners and strangers and cultures and traditions, religion, dress, food, etc.

Its the xenophobes that are calling everyone else xenophobes for not being a-sceered and fraidy cat as they.

Remember that Navy Officer that was outside his house waving a pistol at some yoots that were drunk and loud?

Fraidy cats are the worst.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join