It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE!?! I'm confused!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
a reply to: daskakik

We are not overpopulated. Some places start trending down in the birthrate department, and the national governments need to replace taxpayers with fresh bodies to keep the machines going. I think it is a problem for government, but not the people.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:15 PM
For ever illegal immigrant who arrived here by crossing into America from the Southern border, ten illegal immigrants came into the U.S. completely legally on an airplane with a passport, work visa, or education visa, and simply assimilated into society once their visas expired.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It's like the hot new buzzword, all of the sudden for me, after not paying attention to politics for few good years. Now it's part of the daily language here. I first started noticing it laid on thick in reference to "everyone" who voted "Leave" on "Brexit". Since then I've been seeing it all the time in regard to Donald Trump. Likewise, with anybody else who wants secure borders.

Please articulate for me why wanting secure borders would mean a person is a XENOPHOBE.

I mean, do you have locks on the doors in your domicile? If so, does that mean you're a XENOPHOBE too?

Another thing I've been somewhat perplexed by it is how XENOPHOBE always seems to have attached to it RACIST as well. Like they go hand in hand.

Would that mean if I have burglar bars on my house in the city, that I'm a RACIST XENOPHOBE too?

You can thank the Liberals and the Liberal Media for this mess. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to put America first and to make America safe. NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
We are a nation of laws. ALL laws should be enforced. Either we are a nation or we are not. Borders define a nation. Laws define a nation. Without either, there is no law. If there is no law, then we can do whatever the hell we want to do--all of us can. The law is not meant to be "selectively observed or applied".

Politicians who selectively ignore or do not enforce laws are acting outside of the laws themselves. This makes them... "outlaws". Invalidated.
edit on 22-7-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Whether Mexican-American groups supported Operation Wetback or not does not change the fact that the reason it even existed was because of the outcry from the Mexican agribusiness.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
a reply to: Winstonian

Of course it is a problem for the government but there has to be something that makes it worth leaving as is.

As for the question in the OP, not everyone who wants secure borders is a xenophobe but all xenophobes want secure borders.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Good for you on pro-choice...doesn't change that I still get called a murderer by many conservatives. But I was just making the point to schuyler that he seems to figure only us lefties do the name calling knew exactly what marriage equality meant but went that route. That's ok

Ok fine...socialized healthcare if we wish to nitpick again

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: projectvxn

Flash to our emigration to the US. My parents found good paying jobs, refugee sponsorship by a freight company in Los Angeles, and we were treated quite well.

America is suppose to be the Land of Opportunity.

There ain't a whole lot of that going on these days.

Too many mouths to feed, and not enough soup to go around.

Very close BUT there is plenty of soup but it is owned by the few.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM

How does wanting secure borders make someone a XENOPHOBE

Because the Zionist owned media keeps saying it so it simply must be true!!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I want a secure border because I want to know who is coming into my country and their intent. Think about this, the reason you go through security at an airport is because the authorities want to make the aircraft secure, and safe.They want to make sure no one is going aboard to do harm. The same thing applies to our borders. That's not xenophobia, it's common sense. Some of you have said the world has changed and borders no longer apply. Nothing could be further from the truth. As for the world changing, YES, its changed, just ask anyone in Munich, Paris, or Orlando. We can no longer afford to be so permissive with our borders.
edit on 23-7-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>